PDA

View Full Version : So there's this new thing on bumped that isn't Subclasses

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 05:55 PM
English Patch
-
--- - Coming Soon!
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/
Is there an easy way to do spacing in posts?

Discuss.

Deviruki
Jul 30, 2012, 05:58 PM
oh boi.

that is all.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2012, 06:04 PM
It's probably been there for a good, long while. Ricardo most likely just has it there in case it ever comes to fruition.

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2012, 12:05 AM
I'd guess it's there now due to the file repacking now figured out and modified files can now be accepted by the game, Ricardo knows this(?)

With that problem out of the way, yes you should expect the patch real soon.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 12:13 AM
I still don't see why Ric, or the people making this English patch go through the trouble of spoon feeding some of these people...

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2012, 12:15 AM
I still don't see why Ric, or the people making this English patch go through the trouble of spoon feeding some of these people...

Speen feeding what people?

LaEspada
Jul 31, 2012, 12:23 AM
There really isn't a need for the English patch. After playing a few days you get used the symbols and recognize them fairly quickly. Despite you don't know exactly what they say

Or you simply memorize click this and this and here and here and blah blah. :)

Then again this might bring over those people who might be turned off by the symbols.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 12:26 AM

The ones that act like this game is completely unplayable without an english patch. Or the ones that give Ric shit for making just ONE typo on his blog or expect him to cover more information. Or nag him asking him stupid questions that are easy to solve or trying to get his attention every 5 minutes on his blog.

What's a speen? It better not be some attempt at using some kind of silly sounding word used for sarcastic attack. Because I CAN annoy the shit out of you back! D<

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 31, 2012, 12:31 AM
What's a speen? It better not be some attempt at using some kind of silly sounding word used for sarcastic attack. Because I CAN annoy the shit out of you back! D<

YES I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT

ALRIGHT HERE GOES *AHEMAHEMCOUGHAHEM*

CAN YOU GUYS SMELL...

WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?!?!?!?! LOOOOOOOOOL

how long has this english patch coming soon thing been up on bumped anyway

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2012, 12:33 AM
There really isn't a need for the English patch. After playing a few days you get used the symbols and recognize them fairly quickly. Despite you don't know exactly what they say

Or you simply memorize click this and this and here and here and blah blah. :)

Then again this might bring over those people who might be turned off by the symbols.

The ones that act like this game is completely unplayable without an english patch. Or the ones that give Ric shit for making just ONE typo on his blog or expect him to cover more information.

What's a speen? It better not be some attempt at using some kind of silly sounding word used for sarcastic attack. Because I CAN annoy the shit out of you back! D<Ok, I can see what you mean then. I personally think it would be convenient anyway. Sure I can memorize some stuff but it would be nice if I didn't have to double check things if I'm not 100% sure about something.

A speen is a rappy organ. I have a lot of them.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 12:35 AM

Can you eat it...?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 31, 2012, 12:35 AM

nice recovery! good of you to turn it into a joke, you wouldn't have lasted a second against rock aniki anyway

@rock

you can eat anything IF YOU FRY IT NAHM SAYN? KENTUCKY FRIED SPEEN UP IN THIS BIZNISS

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 12:36 AM
I eagerly await an english patch, but I won't personally be using it. I like to learn things when I play games, and it hardly gets better than being in a foreign language.

Other people I know, though, they're not as friendly with the idea of not being able to read things from the get-go.

Kanore
Jul 31, 2012, 12:39 AM
i know japanese and i'd use the english patch

some of you people seem to just like feeling high and mighty that you can handle memorizing menus in japanese when others can't and have a 'well if i can do it, others should be able to' attitude

which is awful

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2012, 12:53 AM
Can you eat it...?

nice recovery! good of you to turn it into a joke, you wouldn't have lasted a second against rock aniki anyway

@rock

you can eat anything IF YOU FRY IT NAHM SAYN? KENTUCKY FRIED SPEEN UP IN THIS BIZNISS

They are delicious and taste like chicken.

I eagerly await an english patch, but I won't personally be using it. I like to learn things when I play games, and it hardly gets better than being in a foreign language.

Other people I know, though, they're not as friendly with the idea of not being able to read things from the get-go.I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Most of the stuff I've learned is Katakana, but I've always been bad at learning languages anyway... It's mostly the options I want translated though. I can navigate everything else just fine, but there are things in the options I have no idea about.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 12:58 AM
Yeah I'm flying blind in half the options screen, and if it's not katakana or hiragana I'm boned.

Still though, I've gotten this much so far so could probably do more if I applied myself. Which I haven't been. Derp. I know the symbol for trees, minimum, maximum, uh...probably a couple others. Whee!

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 01:05 AM

some of you people seem to just like feeling high and mighty that you can handle memorizing menus in japanese when others can't and have a 'well if i can do it, others should be able to' attitude

which is awful

Awful is a strong word to describe the idea that "if one person should be able to do it ANYONE CAN."

You can play in whatever way makes your comfortable, fine.

But I'm not talking about you or whatever laziness someone has to justify. I have a couple of friends that won't play because of the language barrier too. And yeah, though I still don't think I need it, But I DO agree playing a game in another language gets annoying sometimes.

What I'm talking about the gamefaqs brained kids that sit around "waiting" whining about whether or not the English patch was ready, as if they were entitled to one. Yet this is being done by someone whose not even getting paid and doing it out of the kindness of their heart or something.

Which is the same exact thing with Ric, he's too nice! D<

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2012, 01:07 AM
Yeah I'm flying blind in half the options screen, and if it's not katakana or hiragana I'm boned.

Still though, I've gotten this much so far so could probably do more if I applied myself. Which I haven't been. Derp. I know the symbol for trees, minimum, maximum, uh...probably a couple others. Whee!I know the Kanji for Male and Female... that's about it. ;; There are some others I recognize but I have no idea what they actually mean.

UnLucky
Jul 31, 2012, 01:13 AM
Yet this is being done by someone whose not even getting paid and doing it out of the kindness of their heart or something.

I hope it's more for the challenge and personal fulfillment cause doing anything for the general public is unrewarding and stressful

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 01:15 AM
I hope it's more for the challenge and personal fulfillment cause doing anything for the general public is unrewarding and stressful

Unless he's a nice person. Then he would feel rewarded regardless of your own personality
Can't say much about stress though, since stress tends to be unrelated to patterns, and is a personal issue on its own

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2012, 01:15 AM
I hope it's more for the challenge and personal fulfillment cause doing anything for the general public is unrewarding and stressfulI don't think they would be if that weren't the case. XD

Freshellent
Jul 31, 2012, 01:18 AM
YES I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT

ALRIGHT HERE GOES *AHEMAHEMCOUGHAHEM*

CAN YOU GUYS SMELL...

WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?!?!?!?! LOOOOOOOOOL

how long has this english patch coming soon thing been up on bumped anyway

Goddammit

Dokudoku
Jul 31, 2012, 01:49 AM
Back on topic

I'd guess it's there now due to the file repacking now figured out and modified files can now be accepted by the game, Ricardo knows this(?)

With that problem out of the way, yes you should expect the patch real soon.

Source? .*ahem* hasn't been updated with anything in quite a while. For all I know the text is still serverside(ish) like they were talking about.
edit: or has the encryption/whatever been figured out? sorry if referring to it being serverside is wrong, i haven't read that forum in a while after it basically died

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 31, 2012, 01:54 AM
Chances are, it probably has been up there for a while and he never bothered to remove it. Since the game is going to be localized early next year, there really wouldn't be any rush to get an English patch out at this point. It would be a waste of time and effort.

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2012, 02:04 AM
Back on topic

Source? .*ahem* hasn't been updated with anything in quite a while. For all I know the text is still serverside(ish) like they were talking about.
edit: or has the encryption/whatever been figured out? sorry if referring to it being serverside is wrong, i haven't read that forum in a while after it basically died

Source is their IRC Channel, mostly everything goes on in there.

And huh? There is Serverside text like Items and a lot of client sided ones like Menus/Item Affixes/COs, etc and re-encryption has been figured out yes.

Since the game is going to be localized early next year, there really wouldn't be any rush to get an English patch out at this point. It would be a waste of time and effort.

Not at all, compared to this waiting till "early" next year is light years away.

Meji
Jul 31, 2012, 02:14 AM
Since the game is going to be localized early next year, there really wouldn't be any rush to get an English patch out at this point. It would be a waste of time and effort.
Remember how everyone's ranting about their hate for SoA? I highly doubt people would find an English patch a "waste of time", since I believe almost everyone really want to stay on Jap-servers.

The English patch team have my full support, through and through.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 31, 2012, 04:31 AM
Not at all, compared to this waiting till "early" next year is light years away.

Eh, depends really. These people have lives outside of doing this, you know. I know if I heard about a localization taking place months from now, I probably wouldn't bother continuing with the project. It's a waste of time, honestly.

They could be investing that time into something more practical. Sure, they know a lot of people are going to end up staying on the JP server even after localization, but they should also know that the group is split into two categories of NA players.

Group A: Understands most of the menus thanks to their knowledge with Japanese language

Group B: Will understand the menus due to trial and error over a period of time

By the time this English patch supposedly releases, most of the players will already understand what does what and won't need one. At that point, it would be less practical as it would be just neat to have. In other words, it goes back to what I said before. I believe it would be a waste of time.

Remember how everyone's ranting about their hate for SoA? I highly doubt people would find an English patch a "waste of time", since I believe almost everyone really want to stay on Jap-servers.

See above.

Akumetsu
Jul 31, 2012, 04:33 AM

which is awful

This is beautiful... Just sayin'...

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 31, 2012, 04:43 AM

which is awful

I know Japanese and I wouldn't use the English patch.

Some of you people seem to just like feeling entitled and don't want to learn how to read or memorize the menus. You would rather have a, "Others have to do it, but why should I?" attitude

which is awful

No, but seriously. Real talk. It's a two way street, man.

If you can understand Japanese and you'd use the English patch, that's great. More power to you. Just don't believe that everyone feels the same way you do and would support this idea.

RocSage
Jul 31, 2012, 05:31 AM

Some of you people seem to just like feeling entitled and don't want to learn how to read or memorize the menus. You would rather have a, "Others have to do it, but why should I?" attitude

which is awful

If you can understand Japanese and you'd use the English patch, that's great. More power to you. Just don't believe that everyone feels the same way you do and would support this idea.

I'm Batman and only sissies use the English Patch.

Real men use the Gaelic Patch.

jooozek
Jul 31, 2012, 06:05 AM
I already know three languages, got no time to waste on learning a fourth one that is actually really time consuming (damn moonrunes) so I'll take that patch any day even though I memorised most of menus that I use frequently.

watersea
Jul 31, 2012, 06:59 AM

He's telling people to stop being lazy and actually go out learn a word or two JP

Kanore
Jul 31, 2012, 08:34 AM

which is awful

... what? you missed the point entirely, you just reversed what i said to try and make an opposite point for no reason

zemog
Jul 31, 2012, 08:42 AM
I'm working through the guides to learn the menus and reading the story translations online... I really really want to play this game !now!, and not next year...

But I'm very happy about the idea of an English patch... instead of bugging others with questions, and digging through blogs / threads to find answers.

There is no need to have a high/mighty elitist attitude about this. It should be understandable why anyone (including people who don't have the patients to learn as we have so far) would want an English patch.

And the more accessible the game, the better... because it means more people will play it. And Sega will be more driven to get a Western version out. Etc...

BIG OLAF
Jul 31, 2012, 09:33 AM
I've memorized most of the menus, and have the very, very slightest grasp on katakana thanks to seeing the same characters over and over again while playing. I don't really have the mental ability to learn another language, let alone an insane language like Japanese, so I probably won't use the EN patch right away, or ever, unless it gets too aggravating trying to look through certain things.

ScottyMango
Jul 31, 2012, 09:45 AM
Chances are, it probably has been up there for a while and he never bothered to remove it.

It hasn't. I look at the bumped guide list like 50 times a day, and this wasn't there until today.

And what's with all the hate on people who want to play in English lol?

"You wanna play in language you actually understand!? BLASPHEMY! Memorize it like the rest of us!"

'scuse me if I have a hard time remembering what every single button in every single drop-down in every single sub-menu does.

kkow
Jul 31, 2012, 10:14 AM
elitists everywhere. I know plenty of casuals just waiting for english release cuz lol moon runes.

aduran
Jul 31, 2012, 10:57 AM
http://www.weaponlog.info/psp2/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/IMG_47271.jpg

if you are true fan, you better learn. I am learning. Lots of you missed out psp2i and in the future who knows u might miss another good game

gravityvx
Jul 31, 2012, 10:58 AM
I have at least 11 friends that refuse to play until there is an english patch so if it's coming soon that would be awesome. Not all people want sit around trying memorize chicken scratch, and it puts them off from a really good game. They also don't want to wait until 2013 and who knows what month, to play. So this would be the middle ground for people who could not get into the game simply because of the language of the game. Myself on the other hand would use it in a heartbeat just for the convenience, even though I've practically memorized the entire menu and even learned a few of those symbols. And for the record, that "English Patch" section was either put up yesterday or the day before, I check that site almost every day.

Saffran
Jul 31, 2012, 11:23 AM
I'm perfectly OK with lazy whiners not playing the game due to the lack of an english patch.

(what?)

ScottyMango
Jul 31, 2012, 11:24 AM
http://www.weaponlog.info/psp2/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/IMG_47271.jpg

if you are true fan, you better learn. I am learning. Lots of you missed out psp2i and in the future who knows u might miss another good game

That's silly. Saying people should learn an entirely new, very complicated language or they're not true fans? I've been playing Phantasy Star since the early 90s, and my fandom isn't going the change the fact that I don't have the time/motivation to sit here and learn an entire language, especially over a single videogame.

Bael
Jul 31, 2012, 11:38 AM
anthor enlsih patc Thred? hw mny iz dat nao?

If your talking about a FULL english patch, that cool...for some people who want to mess with their game files. I don't.

Ahmirika-jeen!! Eigo SUGOI!!

.....mmmmmEggos....omnomnom...

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2012, 11:54 AM

*sigh* I know I'm going to regret getting involved in this.....

Isn't this (The quote) a two way street, as well, though?

You keep saying it's a waste of time, but if the people working on the patch think it's worthwhile enough to continue, what else matters? A lot of us are playing the game already, some would just prefer to read a larger chunk in English.

There's no harm in that.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 12:12 PM
People are making an English patch. That's great, regardless of their intention. People who want to use it can do so, those who don't... well, don't, and they don't need to give a single fuck because it's not even affecting them.

What's there even to argue about?

jOhMG
Jul 31, 2012, 12:16 PM
People are making an English patch. That's great, regardless of their intention. People who want to use it can do so, those who don't... well, don't, and they don't need to give a single fuck because it's not even affecting them.

What's there even to argue about?

Look where we are. Someone will find a way. They always do.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 02:02 PM
Look where we are. Someone will find a way. They always do.

Hey, don't look at me. I was just talking shit about beggars.

Tetsuya's the dumb one.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 02:45 PM
The problem is modifying your game is against the ToS. They have no way to tell if you're using an english patch, but they'll still find you the same way they found those idiots who first used the Elin KTera patch on the english enmasse servers.

Posting their character with their name associated on it or a chat log that could be found on the server.

Not many people are going to block out their name if they post screens with the modified client, or block out the chat log... and as you know, SEGA loves to ban wicked users. I could care less if this english oatch happens or not. I don't need it. lol

Ark22
Jul 31, 2012, 02:56 PM
I wasted 2 minutes reading all of this.

First you guys complain that it is in Japanese and want an English patch. NOW YOU COMPLAIN!

First you guys wanted to come to America because the game would be English (beside the whole, USA would be behind). NOW YOU COMPLAIN

Dammit most of you guys complain about the simplest things that doesn't require that much thinking. I am pretty sure all of you could go major in Politics with this, that way it won't be a waste of time getting a point across.

BESIDES THAT, Subclasses look exactly how I wanted it, PURE TECH ALL TEH WAY.

With love, Ark xoxo.

Stegodon
Jul 31, 2012, 03:02 PM
Anyone think the "A Deluxe Michela!" NPC update. with the Quote " She’ll have her eyes on players who change classes and will be giving out various requests under the guise of “finding yourself“?" and the recent Announcement of Sub Classes may be Linked somehow???

jooozek
Jul 31, 2012, 03:12 PM
She will be in the game only for a month so the obvious answer is NO

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 03:15 PM
I wasted 2 minutes reading all of this.

First you guys complain that it is in Japanese and want an English patch. NOW YOU COMPLAIN!

First you guys wanted to come to America because the game would be English (beside the whole, USA would be behind). NOW YOU COMPLAIN

Dammit most of you guys complain about the simplest things that doesn't require that much thinking. I am pretty sure all of you could go major in Politics with this, that way it won't be a waste of time getting a point across.

BESIDES THAT, Subclasses look exactly how I wanted it, PURE TECH ALL TEH WAY.

With love, Ark xoxo.

/Never complained it was in Japanese, Never asked for an English patch or used one and I was actually glad to see this game was getting localized official. D<

DON'T LUMP US INTO A GROUP! THERE'S ONLY LIKE 3 PEOPLE HERE! D<

I'M THE ONE THAT COMPLAINS ABOUT CONTRADICTED COMPLAINERS!

Ark22
Jul 31, 2012, 04:57 PM
/Never complained it was in Japanese, Never asked for an English patch or used one and I was actually glad to see this game was getting localized official. D<

DON'T LUMP US INTO A GROUP! THERE'S ONLY LIKE 3 PEOPLE HERE! D<

I'M THE ONE THAT COMPLAINS ABOUT CONTRADICTED COMPLAINERS!

I would of said names, but it would have taken years to type them :'(...I am sorry Rock, you are not part of the complainers list.

RocSage
Jul 31, 2012, 05:08 PM
I wonder if we could get them to make a Klingon patch...