PDA

View Full Version : I like too see vehicles.

darkante
Jul 31, 2012, 03:45 AM
Too much to ask? Maybe not an aircraft, just something and obviously a boss should be used in a certain area.

Sirius-91
Jul 31, 2012, 03:47 AM
One thing I loved about PSO, lack of vehicles.

One thing I never liked, mounts/rides of any kind in MMO's

Hosaka
Jul 31, 2012, 03:50 AM
Definitely not an aircraft. Have you SEEN the kind of pilots Arks employs?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2012, 03:51 AM
Eh, I dunno. PSU tried to do vehicle sections, and that was..............Eh, at best.

That being said, Airboard track racing. I liked that idea, but the implementation in PSU was....less than satisfactory. PSO2 is obviously leaps and bounds ahead of Universe, so I think something along the line of Airboard racing could be, too. It'd be a nice little distraction and give people something fun to do on the side, besides just missions.

Lostbob117
Jul 31, 2012, 03:53 AM
Definitely not an aircraft. Have you SEEN the kind of pilots Arks employs?

Like he said they're always crashing to the ground and "Emergency Code:Protection" starts up man these pilots suck and they went through school now think if someone with no training drove one of those. You'll crash every second.

MissMalice
Jul 31, 2012, 03:54 AM
Have you SEEN the kind of pilots Arks employs?

One does not simply CRASH ONCE.
Though, I wouldn't mind a Warthog.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 31, 2012, 03:56 AM
I wouldn't mine some Airboard racing stage where you shoot mobs while riding one or just another race like in PSU~

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:09 AM
Code Protection is the best way to kill mobs, though
Especially during a Burst

Lostbob117
Jul 31, 2012, 04:13 AM
Code Protection is the best way to kill mobs, though
Especially during a Burst

Actually.... Sega gives us ships to fly, we get code protection every damn second. Sega you shall let us have ships to fly. :l

Arika
Jul 31, 2012, 04:18 AM
Implement some very large free area that has to ride on something is good idea. but lol, as everyone said. those pilot really suck. You better pilot it yourself than having that guy drive.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:23 AM
Implement some very large free area that has to ride on something is good idea. but lol, as everyone said. those pilot really suck. You better pilot it yourself than having that guy drive.

kimas

watersea
Jul 31, 2012, 04:44 AM
go play halo if you want vehicles

Angelo
Jul 31, 2012, 05:03 AM
Chase De Rol Le on space jet-skis, avoiding his attacks.

Catch up and jump on his back and hack away until he bucks you off.

Repeat.

Best boss battle ever.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 31, 2012, 05:10 AM
That would be a prett cool boss battle indeed. Do it MPA style though, 12 people mashing on him on Jet-Ski's

darkante
Jul 31, 2012, 06:05 AM
Yeah, i like your ideas. Also, underwater battles? Gib.

Wayu
Jul 31, 2012, 06:07 AM
I say we should be able to hijack a Big Vader.

-Wayu

darkante
Jul 31, 2012, 06:09 AM
Haha, maybe when i see how mobile it is.

Wayu
Jul 31, 2012, 06:11 AM
It actually moves pretty quickly. It pivots quite fast for something that large when trying to shoot you with its front lasers.

-Wayu

jooozek
Jul 31, 2012, 06:14 AM
You can already ride using malmoths and kaltagots.

Daiyousei
Jul 31, 2012, 06:18 AM
More like the stuff those pilots fly are pieces of junk, they already got sparks flying off them even if they don't crash

CHANGE OVER : PROTECTION

Wayu
Jul 31, 2012, 06:24 AM
You can already ride using malmoths and kaltagots.

I don't think those are vehicles lol.

-Wayu

jooozek
Jul 31, 2012, 06:27 AM
Sure, they aren't. They are means of transportation still though

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes:

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 06:29 AM
Sure, they aren't. They are means of transportation still though

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes:

I endorse this method of travel.

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2012, 06:31 AM
More like the stuff those pilots fly are pieces of junk, they already got sparks flying off them even if they don't crash

CHANGE OVER : PROTECTION

Yeah man blame ARKS for the low budget Gunships.

darkante
Jul 31, 2012, 06:42 AM
It actually moves pretty quickly. It pivots quite fast for something that large when trying to shoot you with its front lasers.

-Wayu

Ohh? Cool, probably would noticed if people didn't go batshit on it.

Mystil
Jul 31, 2012, 06:47 AM
One thing I loved about PSO, lack of vehicles.

One thing I never liked, mounts/rides of any kind in MMO's

FFXI's mount service, well Chocobo was the only type I liked.

UnLucky
Jul 31, 2012, 07:44 AM
I want to see four-man crew vehicles - no NPCs allowed

each party gets their own in an MPA with a max of four

tear it up in your mechanical behemoths with cooperation and teamwork

Crysteon
Jul 31, 2012, 10:10 AM
A throne with two integrated vulcan guns, carried by tons of Lillipas. Your argument is invalid.

kkow
Jul 31, 2012, 10:17 AM
if its a mount, paaassss. although could be fun boss fight mechanic. mh had a boss level where you would fight on this sand trawler boat thing. you could get knocked off and everything.

moorebounce
Jul 31, 2012, 10:24 AM
If you like to have vehicles in your game then go play Halo or something like that. As far as PSO2 I wouldn't mind something like what they do in Gears of war where you're on some kind of vehicle and shooting enemies around you.

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2012, 10:24 AM
if its a mount, paaassss. although could be fun boss fight mechanic. mh had a boss level where you would fight on this sand trawler boat thing. you could get knocked off and everything.
You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCr9uCHwA7Y

Yes that would be epic.

EDIT: Now that I think about it that would be a great update for De Rol Le

zemog
Jul 31, 2012, 10:34 AM
The Mission / Level design certainly doesn't leave room for vehicles/mounts... but I wish you did run a little faster. After watching the CG trailer / intro so many times with them running full tilt, the end product felt "slow".

SolRiver
Jul 31, 2012, 11:31 AM
More cannon riding?

Link1275
Jul 31, 2012, 11:32 AM
What would be neat is if in city you could hop into all of those tanks you see lying around and use the cars to get to emergency codes faster.

Artificial Sky
Jul 31, 2012, 02:03 PM
Sorry man, but less is more. That's what PSO did so well. Streamlined, elegant and simple, but not shallow. The strength of PSO was its weapon depth and design. If they focus on this and don't get distracted by peripheral, novelty experiences, this game will enjoy success. The same goes for any game.

Kanore
Jul 31, 2012, 02:04 PM
rangers already get to ride launchers, just play ranger if you want to ride on something

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 02:08 PM
I've always hoped we would get our own customizable spaceships and our "My Room's" would be in there. But we could also fly the spaceships starfox style to the other planets. Hell maybe even make bigger ships, that cost AC and like your Team can share it and have all of their rooms in it. D:

That would've been sooo cool...

Kanore
Jul 31, 2012, 02:14 PM
that's a wonderful idea actually

make every vehicle require at minimum 1500 AC to use

most people who support vehicles in PSO would lose their shit

yoshiblue
Jul 31, 2012, 02:27 PM
Still waiting to see my sky diving boss battle dream come true.

gravityvx
Jul 31, 2012, 02:34 PM
I'd rather have some kind of god of war type mechanic on certain maps where you can mount on the back of a semi large & powerful monster, attack it and force it to flail around wreaking havoc on the mobs & players around it. Sounds fun.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 02:36 PM
Big Varder should have been fought with mini tanks. It's stupid to think a couple people can beat something that big and armored with a little sword, fireball, or a couple of ammo magazines.

They could always bring the racing stuff from PSU to PSO2.... who am I kidding, that stupid bike mini game sucked ass and everyone who played PSU knows it. The Striker one was amusing, but it didn't feel like it belonged. And don't even get me started on that stupid as hell Lunga crap.

Angelo
Jul 31, 2012, 02:44 PM
You mean this?
Monster Hunter Tri Online - Jhen Mohran Sand Dragon 2/3 [HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCr9uCHwA7Y)

Yes that would be epic.

EDIT: Now that I think about it that would be a great update for De Rol Le

This ^

With De Rol Le.

I want my goddamn De Rol Le! His PSU incarnation was a big disappointment.

moeri
Jul 31, 2012, 03:10 PM
Maybe some boards or something, but mounts/ships don't seem like a good idea

I do find getting from place to place on maps a bit slow... though a simple sprint action would work for this.... maybe make it so you didn't regen pp while sprinting? ...if you want to avoid it changing combat

Basically I would like some form of compact and futuristic means of transportation

Ce'Nedra
Jul 31, 2012, 04:55 PM
This ^

With De Rol Le.

I want my goddamn De Rol Le! His PSU incarnation was a big disappointment.

Don't even get me started on Dark Falz 1st form.....2nd was also a Reskin from Fakis but that one wasn't as bad.