PDA

View Full Version : Mission Has anyone who's been put outside the window and banned NOT bought AC?

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 11:12 AM
There's been assumptions being thrown back and forth with little to no proof, but if we can perhaps find a similarity between the people banned, and come up with a theory that is backed up by information, and not just arbitrary reasoning.

So my first information gathering comes in the question in the form of:
Has anyone who's been put outside the window and supposedly banned for it NOT buy AC?

SolRiver
Jul 31, 2012, 11:36 AM
Well, I bought AC, have not been ban yet.

Don't know if I have ever been moved by misbehavior, but chances are low that I did get move due to unusual playing time.

eharima
Jul 31, 2012, 12:05 PM
Let's schedule zipzo to afk for 1hour, 'take care of business' and get everyone to file a report on the players site for being out the window ...
He claims this is not the reason for banning,
So he should have no worry, with his 'clean' record
We can confirm if he has bought AC, and if there is a 'autoban' feature all at once.

Please inb4 ZOMFGEVERYPOSTISAPERSONALATTACKONMEDEFENDFORMYLIFE zipzo reply
Its not. because he's a man of his word , he should be okay trying this
Heueheuehue

HFlowen
Jul 31, 2012, 12:06 PM
You could look up old topics and PM people. These topics get locked eventually for a reason.

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 12:21 PM
You could look up old topics and PM people. These topics get locked eventually for a reason.

They get locked because people don't know how to talk things through.

Let's schedule zipzo to afk for 1hour, 'take care of business' and get everyone to file a report on the players site for being out the window ...
He claims this is not the reason for banning,
So he should have no worry, with his 'clean' record
We can confirm if he has bought AC, and if there is a 'autoban' feature all at once.

Please inb4 ZOMFGEVERYPOSTISAPERSONALATTACKONMEDEFENDFORMYLIFE zipzo reply
Its not. because he's a man of his word , he should be okay trying this
Heueheuehue

Neither Zipzo or the people arguing against him have a strong base for why people are getting banned. Both sides have their theories, and I am merely compiling information in order to prove or disprove Zipzo's theory. If we do this, we'll have a general consensus as to what is getting people banned.

This thread is not a debate thread, plain and simple.

drizzle
Jul 31, 2012, 12:56 PM
Most of them got banned for pr0n symbol spam. Ever since they started banning people, I can run through block 20 without seeing a single one, unlike before. It's nice.

/thread

Reiketsu
Jul 31, 2012, 01:24 PM
I actually can't hear this whole thing, anymore xD"
And I think it's quite useless trying to discuss it, at this point. The last attempts were pitiful failures and another one will probably result in the same.

I guess, first of all, it would be good to know how many people from this forum have been banned, anyway. No matter if they AFKed or bought AC or what. And how many of those have only been temporarily banned and how many of them are banned for good.
Then one could start looking for similarities to find out why exactly they have been banned, but...

I don't think it's worth all the detective work.
It's better to just forget about the whole banning issue and enjoy the game without being paranoid.

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 02:16 PM
inb4zipzo

aduran
Jul 31, 2012, 02:22 PM
i would think sega would know they are being moved outside window. why banned for that? - there must be other factors. IP address???, could be a proxy or shared ip as a hacker?

eharima
Jul 31, 2012, 02:23 PM
Neither Zipzo or the people arguing against him have a strong base for why people are getting banned. Both sides have their theories, and I am merely compiling information in order to prove or disprove Zipzo's theory. If we do this, we'll have a general consensus as to what is getting people banned.

way to read bro.

I just stated a clear cut method of proving or disproving several factors that are being disputed and you come out with this. GG

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 02:25 PM
Huh... I never see people outside the window. I guess it happens when I'm not online.

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 03:25 PM
I don't think it's worth all the detective work.
It's better to just forget about the whole banning issue and enjoy the game without being paranoid.

It's not about being paranoid, it's about stopping all these needless theories as to what is getting people banned, and informing people. The point here is, innocent people are getting banned, and we are drawing blank for reasons why.

I don't believe being oblivious is the best course of action for this situation.

I guess, first of all, it would be good to know how many people from this forum have been banned, anyway. No matter if they AFKed or bought AC or what. And how many of those have only been temporarily banned and how many of them are banned for good.
Then one could start looking for similarities to find out why exactly they have been banned, but...

I only know of three PSO-W members who got banned for supposedly being put outside the window.
One being sexyslutty and well...it could have easily been for the inappropriate symbol art she distributed. The other two being OMEGA and MissMalice, who I believe are "innocent".

But the term innocent is very controversial at this time. It could mean that they were subject to hackers and put outside the window and then banned (that would be the theory the majority of the PSO-World community hold) or they purchased AC and used an address that did not belong to them and got caught (which would be the concern a few other members expressed.).

So all I'm doing now is gathering information, to prove or disprove the hypothesis that buying AC with a fake address gets you banned.

sugarFO
Jul 31, 2012, 03:31 PM
Well I know people who have bought AC and got banned. But I am not sure if they had premium or not. That may make a difference.

Reiketsu
Jul 31, 2012, 03:37 PM
It's not about being paranoid, it's about stopping all these needless theories as to what is getting people banned, and informing people. The point here is, innocent people are getting banned, and we are drawing blank for reasons why.

I don't believe being oblivious is the best course of action for this situation.

The only way to really find out about it would be if SEGA actually would inform the people of why they were banned.
And, of course, I'd actually like to know what exactly's going on, too. I don't want to get banned just like that. I WAS paranoid about it a few days ago, trying to spend as less time as possible in the lobbies... ^^"

However, I don't think this is going to turn out well.
You saw the other threads, right? After just a few pages, they had turned into an all-out verbal war between individuals... talking about anything BUT the banning issue. And that's the problem.
You expect the people here to work together as a team to figure it out, but, judging from what I've read in the other threads so far... that's expecting a little bit too much xD"

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 03:37 PM
Well I know people who have bought AC and got banned. But I am not sure if they had premium or not. That may make a difference.

Are premiums getting treated better by SoJ?

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 03:41 PM

Innocence is relative.

Say it is AC purchasing. I'd say a massive majority of those purchasing it are likely using false addresses, or are just plain aware that buying AC outside of Japan is against the rules.

This makes nobody who may be getting banned for this clause innocent.

I would be perfectly willing to sit AFK in front of the window in some shape or form but the problem is I actively play. Going AFK all day just to prove a point...I don't think I care that much. Maybe a new account (which would mean any of you could try it yourselves).

Also, the fact of the matter is we have had an incredibly small sample size to even bother assuming the window theory.

What is it...2, 3 people on the PSO-W forums who have reported being banned? And I'm not even sure MissMalice counts, she wasn't even near the window, yet despite her being in a nothing block out near the shops, people just decided to come to the conclusion that the exploiters move your character all the way *to* the window anyway, even though there was zero indication to MissMalice themselves that they had even been moved at all before being disconnected. I'm sure as hell not counting SSB. So in the end, the only people feigning complete innocence and have pointed their fingers at exploiters and "window hacking" is OMEGA and K4v1n.

Reiketsu
Jul 31, 2012, 03:45 PM
I only know of three PSO-W members who got banned for supposedly being put outside the window.
One being sexyslutty and well...it could have easily been for the inappropriate symbol art she distributed. The other two being OMEGA and MissMalice, who I believe are "innocent"

Yeah, I haven't heard about anyone else but those three, too... but with just three people, it's hard to form a theory about what's going on.
And I guess the fact alone that's only three should be indication enough it doesn't have to do with fake address AC buying or standing behind the windows...
Because there are apparently a lot of people on this forum who used a fake address or who were transported behind windows and nothing happened to them. Or they just didn't make a thread about it...
I mean, if it really were because of window standing or fake address AC buying...
There would have been a LOT more people banned by now, right?

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 03:46 PM
or are just plain aware that buying AC outside of Japan is against the rules.

I see this being thrown around a lot but never backed up - can you quote the clause in the ToS that says this?

Alenoir
Jul 31, 2012, 03:47 PM
Say it is AC purchasing. I'd say a massive majority of those purchasing it are likely using false addresses, or are just plain aware that buying AC outside of Japan is against the rules.

Where is this rule? People keep mentioning about buying AC from outside Japan is against the TOS/rule, yet no one ever bothered to post a quote of the said line.

I think I gone through the TOS 2 times already and didn't see any mention of this, unless it's not part of the PSO2 players site.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 03:48 PM
I see this being thrown around a lot but never backed up - can you quote the clause in the ToS that says this?
Wait for it... everybody who asks to quote the specific part of the ToS that says this... always dooms the thread to be locked... wait for it... waaait... hold... hooooold.....

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I haven't heard about anyone else but those three, too... but with just three people, it's hard to form a theory about what's going on.
And I guess the fact alone that's only three should be indication enough it doesn't have to do with fake adress AC buying or standing behind the windows...
Because there are apparently a lot of people on this forum who used a fake adress or who were transported behind windows and nothing happened to them. Or they just didn't make a thread about it...
I mean, if it really were because of window standing or fake adress AC buying...
There would have been banned a LOT more people by now, right?No, this is also not quite true.

Do you how many people speed on freeways? A lot.

Do you know how many of those people get caught? Not many.

Do people get caught though? Yup.

Do people go their whole lives and not get caught? Probably.

Sega can't have their eyes everywhere on every single account at all times, they need a reason to look, or happenstance by it to see.

Also...why do people always ask for a quotation from the ToS? You're using a false address. That is illegal. What is so difficult to understand about this. ToS is irrelevant.

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 03:52 PM

FFFFFFFFFF.

A few people getting banned for something a large amount of people did does not bring up any valid conclusion. That is why I made this thread: to find the truth.

Does anyone know anyone else who got banned and they do not know why?

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 03:56 PM
FFFFFFFFFF.

A few people getting banned for something a large amount of people did does not bring up any valid conclusion. That is why I made this thread: to find the truth.

Does anyone know anyone else who got banned and they do not know why?Also consider that practically nobody on PSO-W who happens to get banned for any reason will likely ever find out why unless they are fluent in Japanese (or possibly get somebody to translate efficiently for them), but I haven't even heard of reports or appeals being responded to by players who were supposedly going to try this.

Since those who get banned will have no idea, they will just point their finger at the window because it's the easiest without making everyone who has purchased AC feel uneasy.

Reiketsu
No, this is also not quite true.

Do you how many people speed on freeways? A lot.

Do you know how many of those people get caught? Not many.

Do people get caught though? Yup.

Do people go their whole lives and not get caught? Probably.

Sega can't have their eyes everywhere on every single account at all times, they need a reason to look, or happenstance by it to see.

Well, that might be true, but... just three people is still a bit... I don't know.
Not that many...
If it's about fake address and SEGA really cares about that, banning people because of it, there should have been banned a lot more people by now.
Because so many have obviously used a fake address like SEGAs for example... you would think, if they really care about that, why just ban three people because of it and wait with all the others for so long?

GoldenFalcon
People stopped getting banned and Sega should feel bad for the ones they did ban. I hope they have been appealed by now

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 03:58 PM
People stopped getting banned and Sega should feel bad for the ones they did ban. I hope they have been appealed by nowWere these perma bans? A little bird told me these were actually just temporary bans. Doubt they'll be appealed.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:00 PM
Were these perma bans? A little bird told me these were actually just temporary bans. Doubt they'll be appealed.

I don't think temporary bans last this long

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:01 PM
I don't think temporary bans last this long
I don't think they have tried to log in since. We should see if sexybitch can login.

kkow
Jul 31, 2012, 04:03 PM
For all you people claiming sega is banning foreigners who buy AC, how are they finding out? It's not like you can "report" these people. Also pretty certain it's not some employee policing or an automated process. Seriously, what company lets you buy and then ban you for it? Sony? Maybe if this was the MPAA or something...

Ana-Chan
Jul 31, 2012, 04:03 PM
Under the assumption that there were people were originally banned for being outside of the window. (This is just theoretical, not saying that there is a possibility that this did happen.) What's to say that SEGA didn't revisit those particular cases as soon as it became obvious that people were being moved, ie when the NPCs started getting up and walking around by themselves.

For all you people claiming sega is banning foreigners who buy AC, how are they finding out? It's not like you can "report" these people. Also pretty certain it's not some employee policing or an automated process. Seriously, what company lets you buy and then ban you for it? Sony? Maybe if this was the MPAA or something...

Edit, no, SEGA holds the database (this was edited due to a brain fart), so whats to say they aren't looking when an account becomes suspect.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 04:06 PM
For all you people claiming sega is banning foreigners who buy AC, how are they finding out? It's not like you can "report" these people. Also pretty certain it's not some employee policing or an automated process. Seriously, what company lets you buy and then ban you for it? Sony? Maybe if this was the MPAA or something......because people are using fake addresses, so for all intents and purposes their system is "fooled" in to believing they live in Japan.

How are they finding out?

Well clearly it's not easy for them to find out, a large majority (99%) of people who have purchase AC outside of Japan have not been banned. I'm sure they have ways of being alerted to it.

kkow
Jul 31, 2012, 04:12 PM
thing is, all companies have something similiar in the tos and crap. they won't ban for something so trivial or else they'd just block you entirely. region lock, ipban, whatever.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 04:21 PM
thing is, all companies have something similiar in the tos and crap. they won't ban for something so trivial or else they'd just block you entirely. region lock, ipban, whatever.
Actually, your logic sort of works more to my point.

They wouldn't block the entire region because there's potential player activity numbers they could inflate to share holders and the player base in general.

Also, given how the bannings are not common (seeing as how there are maybe 3 players who have been banned on this forum, I'm still not counting SSB), I'd say they aren't scrutinizing accounts unless they absolutely are given a reason to.

Once they get that reason, they see the false information, and out of adherence to the law, they issue the ban. That doesn't mean they wanted to find the person, but it's a formality.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 04:25 PM
Did you guys seriously make a thread specifically to drag zipzo into a stupid argument that got the previously related thread locked...???

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 04:29 PM
Did you guys seriously make a thread specifically to drag zipzo into a stupid argument that got the previously related thread locked...???Hey...

I actually appreciate what Coatl is trying to do here. I think his aspiration with the thread is quite reasonable, and constructive at that.

kkow
Jul 31, 2012, 04:31 PM
sorry, didnt bother to read the other thread(s), so kind of in the dark here.

Alenoir
Jul 31, 2012, 04:58 PM

The thing is, there's nothing in SEGA's ToS for PSO2 that states you can't buy AC from oversea. (At the very last, of the two times I read through the TOS, it's not there.) The only thing was that you're required to input a valid Japanese address before you can buy it. Nowhere in the warning did they say the valid address needs to match your credit card, it only says if they found out the address is fake, they can ban you.

eharima
Jul 31, 2012, 05:00 PM
The thing is, there's nothing in SEGA's ToS for PSO2 that states you can't buy AC from oversea. (At the very last, of the two times I read through the TOS, it's not there.) The only thing was that you're required to input a valid Japanese address before you can buy it. Nowhere in the warning did they say the valid address needs to match your credit card, it only says if they found out the address is fake, they can ban you.

you forgot bold and underlined.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 05:09 PM
Isn't this irrelevant? Since nobody here lives in Japan?

pikachief
Jul 31, 2012, 05:22 PM
...because people are using fake addresses, so for all intents and purposes their system is "fooled" in to believing they live in Japan.

How are they finding out?

Well clearly it's not easy for them to find out, a large majority (99%) of people who have purchase AC outside of Japan have not been banned. I'm sure they have ways of being alerted to it.

I'm not using a false address for my AC D: I also have not been banned though. And I have not been charged for the AC yet and it was almost a month ago :/

Alenoir
Jul 31, 2012, 05:33 PM
Isn't this irrelevant? Since nobody here lives in Japan?

Technically, you can use a Tenso address. It is valid and it... sorta belongs to you, so you're not faking an address, either.

The point is, SEGA can't ban you for buying AC from outside Japan. If you are banned, it's for some other reasons.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 05:36 PM
Technically, you can use a Tenso address. It is valid and it... sorta belongs to you, so you're not faking an address, either.

It's not exactly a residence address, though
But I think they don't care no matter what you put in the address line

KEV1N
Jul 31, 2012, 06:08 PM
OMEGA and KEV1N.

OMEGA was my character's name.

Did any of the people who were banned receive an email of any sort?

Only the "we can't do shit unless you're Japanese" crap they send when you use Google translate or English.
I had a friend help me write an inquiry in Japanese asking what the ban was for. That was nearly a week ago and they haven't replied.

Also:
http://i.imgur.com/jt86m.jpg

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 06:45 PM
OMEGA was my character's name.

Only the "we can't do shit unless you're Japanese" crap they send when you use Google translate or English.
I had a friend help me write an inquiry in Japanese asking what the ban was for. That was nearly a week ago and they haven't replied.

Also: *snip*
Oh. So you're OMEGA then?

Lol that brings the number of 'unexplained' bans to two (not including SSB), which is a hilariously insignificant (nonexistent?) figure to bother even thinking it has anything to do with the window and that it's happening often.

MissMalice wasn't even afk in block 20, nor even near the window. Her ban was simply being disconnected from the server *while* she was afk, and her attempted reconnection was met with a ban. Maybe she was banned for something that had happened beforehand. Do you think they appeared in her position during her afk break and simply said "Oh look! She's somehow outside a window!" and banned her on the spot? Highly unlikely. Almost nonsensical. Assuming being screen capped outside the window is against the rules, you're trying to tell me someone who is simply exploiting (SoJ explicitly said there is no "hacking" going on) can move a character to the other section of the ship, push them all the way out the window, then somehow report them a million times in a row (so they must be fluent in JP) and that's it? Ban? I mean...how can you guys be serious about this, it's almost a joke.

I think the logic speaks for itself. The "Omg you're outside the window, you could get banned!" stuff is hogwash that was blown out of proportion from the banning of literally one person on this forum.

Totori
Jul 31, 2012, 06:58 PM
Wow...at first I had my doubts about this, but Zipzo does make perfect sence. Because I know a lot of peeps have been out of the window, but nothing happened. Now I kinda feel bad for arguing about this beforehand.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 31, 2012, 07:11 PM

The point is, SEGA can't ban you for buying AC from outside Japan. If you are banned, it's for some other reasons.

So say you go to buy a new cellphone or something and when you go to pay they ask you for your address, and you give them an address of a local retailer because it... sorta belongs to you, you're not commiting fraud?

And when the police pull you over and ask you for your address, and you give them a Tenso address because it... sorta belongs to you?

I would've thought that when you're signing up to a service with your 'Personal Details' that common sense dictates that the address you're using is the one of your permanent residence and not just something that sorta belongs to you. Hell I do online shopping at alot of different retailers, they all sorta belong to me now!

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 07:20 PM
So say you go to buy a new cellphone or something and when you go to pay they ask you for your address, and you give them an address of a local retailer because it... sorta belongs to you, you're not commiting fraud?

And when the police pull you over and ask you for your address, and you give them a Tenso address because it... sorta belongs to you?

I would've thought that when you're signing up to a service with your 'Personal Details' that common sense dictates that the address you're using is the one of your permanent residence and not just something that sorta belongs to you. Hell I do online shopping at alot of different retailers, they all sorta belong to me now!

Please explain to me how something providing a service roughly comparable to a PO box is roughly comparable to shopping at a store and using it as a personal address.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 07:21 PM
Please explain to me how something providing a service roughly comparable to a PO box is roughly comparable to shopping at a store and using it as a personal address.
A tenso address is not your billing address. Tenso is a company that buys things for you in JP that require an address. That doesn't make it your billing address, which is what the site requires.

That means it isn't any less against the rules to use one than it is to use some random address that isn't yours. The only difference here is there's a middle man that makes it more simple for you to buy AC because you don't have to search out a random JP address.

Reiketsu
Jul 31, 2012, 07:23 PM
Oh. So you're OMEGA then?

Lol that brings the number of 'unexplained' bans to two (not including SSB), which is a hilariously insignificant (nonexistent?) figure to bother even thinking it has anything to do with the window and that it's happening often.

MissMalice wasn't even afk in block 20, nor even near the window. Her ban was simply being disconnected from the server *while* she was afk, and her attempted reconnection was met with a ban. Maybe she was banned for something that had happened beforehand. Do you think they appeared in her position during her afk break and simply said "Oh look! She's somehow outside a window!" and banned her on the spot? Highly unlikely. Almost nonsensical. Assuming being screen capped outside the window is illegal, you're trying to tell me someone who is simply exploiting (SoJ explicitly said there is no "hacking" going on) can move a character to the other section of the ship, push them all the way out the window, then somehow report them a million times in a row (so they must be fluent in JP) and that's it? Ban? I mean...how can you guys be serious about this, it's almost a joke.

I think the logic speaks for itself. The "Omg you're outside the window, you could get banned!" stuff is hogwash that was blown out of proportion from the banning of literally one person on this forum.

That's exactly what I was trying to say! ;_;

Ana-Chan
Jul 31, 2012, 07:25 PM
A tenso address is not your billing address.

That means it isn't any less against the rules to use one than it is to use some random address that isn't yours. The only difference here is there's a middle man that makes it more simple for you to buy AC because you don't have to search out a random JP address.

In this case I'll point out that they don't ask for your billing address, they ask for a valid address for you. Since isao.net don't do address verification against your card or other payment methods, this is just a means to contact you.

Totori
Jul 31, 2012, 07:27 PM
So, what if the funds didn't go through and then SEGA tried to contact the user. Only to find out that it's not a valid address.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 07:27 PM
A tenso address is not your billing address. Tenso is a company that buys things for you in JP that require an address. That doesn't make it your billing address, which is what the site requires.

But it's not your billing address they ask for. It's just a valid address. Which a forwarding service...is.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 07:29 PM
In this case I'll point out that they don't ask for your billing address, they ask for a valid address for you. Since isao.net don't do address verification against your card or other payment methods, this is just a means to contact you.If that's the case then so be it.

I am not claiming to know exactly why these folks are being banned, but I do find the discovery of their address to be fake or their account to be falsely portrayed as living in JP when they do not as a much more credible reason. Maybe it's not that. Maybe they actually did something mischievous but refuse to share it on the board, instead creating panic and paranoia (which is fun for some).

Also, why do you think a lot of the transactions have not yet gone through? Maybe tenso addresses are not flawless in this regard...maybe tenso addresses are a red flag to them. Ever think of that?

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 31, 2012, 07:29 PM

Zipzo already answered but In both instances you are being asked for your private residence, I don't know about where you live but over here a PO BOX is not acceptable as a valid billing or residential address.

What's with these crazy people who think just because it says "Address /Residence" under "Registration Information" any random address is fine as long as it's valid. Do you do that for all your other online services as well? Do you play US MMOs and use random addresses pulled from random websites as your contact details and then buy game currency using that information?

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 07:33 PM
I would place bets that held transactions are not a JP resident issue. It makes sense to me that they would hold transactions on 'suspicious' addresses...which would include PO boxes (of any kind, especially middle man companies like tenso) or obvious fakes (using SEGA HQ address).

Ana-Chan
If that's the case then so be it.

I am not claiming to know exactly why these folks are being banned, but I do find the discovery of their address to be fake or their account to be falsely portrayed as living in JP when they do not as a much more credible reason.

Maybe it's not that. Maybe they actually did something mischievous but refuse to share it on the board, instead creating panic and paranoia (which is fun for some).

You could still be right, if they come across someone who has set their address to SEGA HQ, then it would be rather obvious that it isn't their address. But I was just letting you know that they aren't asking for a billing address.

gigawuts
I don't know about where you live but here when a company asks for your residence they virtually always accept PO Boxes.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 07:36 PM
I don't know about where you live but here when a company asks for your residence they virtually always accept PO Boxes.Actually, using a PO box as an address is considered a questionable practice by any honest, ethical company.

Take this article for example...

http://www.jobprofiles.org/library/guidance/resume-resources.htm

7. Address. Include your current legal address (no P.O. Boxes for you shady characters.) This shows you have a legitimate place of residence and don't live on the street (even if that residence is Mom's house!)

I see no reason why in JP culture it wouldn't be the same sentiment.

oifjustus
Jul 31, 2012, 07:37 PM
Lol I copied and pasted the example address and names. I haven't been banned and both my transactions have went through just fine. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with your banks or prepaid cards.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 31, 2012, 07:38 PM
I don't know about where you live but here when a company asks for your residence they virtually always accept PO Boxes.

Lemme guess, you live in the US? :p

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 07:38 PM
Lol I copied and pasted the example address and names. I haven't been banned and both my transactions have went through just fine. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with your banks or prepaid cards.What's the example address and name?

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 07:40 PM
Lemme guess, you live in the US? :p

What gave it away, my lack of using the term "mate" or my lack of using the term "eh?"

Xaeris
Jul 31, 2012, 07:42 PM
Actually, using a PO box as an address is considered a questionable practice by any honest, ethical company.

Take this article for example...

http://www.jobprofiles.org/library/guidance/resume-resources.htm

I see no reason why in JP culture it wouldn't be the same sentiment.

That's for writing a resume (i.e, applying for a job), not purchasing a product. Inapplicable.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 31, 2012, 07:42 PM
What gave it away, my lack of using the term "mate" or my lack of using the term "eh?"

eh? Nah mate, we say stuff like "Nek Minnit" now.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 07:49 PM
eh? Nah mate, we say stuff like "Nek Minnit" now.

Ha ha ha, I had to look this up.

How do things like this even catch on? Note made, I will now say this as obviously faked as I possibly can.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 31, 2012, 07:52 PM
Ha ha ha, I had to look this up.

How do things like this even catch on? Note made, I will now say this as obviously faked as I possibly can.

Youtube, how else?

Purchased AC using fake address, Nek Minnit, Banned!

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 07:58 PM
Youtube, how else?

Purchased AC using fake address, Nek Minnit, Banned!

Hahahaha, if I get banned this is the exact post I'm making, true or not.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 08:05 PM
That's for writing a resume (i.e, applying for a job), not purchasing a product. Inapplicable.

My post was in response to this...

So interpret that as you will, because mostly in dealing with USA digital purchasing companies they require an actual billing address (which is the one thing I find odd about the AC purchase system).

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 08:06 PM
Sorry, I didn't think I'd have to specify the difference between making a purchase and applying for a job.

Would you go back to not reading my posts again?

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 08:09 PM
Sorry, I didn't think I'd have to specify the difference between making a purchase and applying for a job.

Would you go back to not reading my posts again?The point being made was that whether it's a job or not...it's shady.

It was simply an inference as to the integrity of using a PO Box for your "home" address in any case, not just applying for a job.

Would you learn some reading comprehension?

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 08:10 PM
I wasn't going to point out the "virtually always" part but I guess now I'm going to.

I said "virtually always."

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 08:13 PM
I wasn't going to point out the "virtually always" part but I guess now I'm going to.

I said "virtually always."Whether it's completely illegal, or "shady", doesn't change the fact that it could be a red flag to SoJ.

Think about it. Let's say your single job is to take care of customer reports, or investigate accounts based on reports, claims, or just monitor AC purchases. Whatever.

I imagine the many tenso addresses, use of SEGA HQ's address, and copies of the example address would likely stand out the most as being "fake" JP residents. Wouldn't you?

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 08:14 PM
You know what? Maybe we should just disallow all conversations about the bannings, because they all end the same way: people going full-retard, including zipzo.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 08:18 PM
"virtually always" actually means never, despite the idea otherwise

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 08:19 PM
Of course it might stand out.

It might also be totally acceptable.

I have yet to see any proof or even anything beyond wild speculation in any direction. This is why I don't take sides on this - because there's no reasonable side to take.

Fact is, it's a valid mailing address. That's what they asked for. I have yet to see one single translation say it asks for a personal residence or home address. It's merely contact information. They do not cross reference or check. Some methods of purchasing AC don't even require you give your address, so that's totally out the window.

So, I give no fucks about how ~shady~ it is. Is it what they asked for? Yes. If they're outright banning over tenso addresses and PO Boxes without even requesting a change then Sega has hit an all time low with regards to not only competence, but PR. Banning over not giving personal information such as valid home addresses and only home addresses for the game company to keep to play a video game? That's a first for me. I'd like to see this one hit the gaming news sites. (especially after that recent hacking Sega had)

edit:

You know what? Maybe we should just disallow all conversations about the bannings, because they all end the same way: people going full-retard, including zipzo.

I'm disappointed to say this, but I'm inclined to agree. This is ridiculous. You can't read more than 3 posts replying to eachother without someone going shoulder deep into their own ass. I want to say that I expected better, but given the subject I really didn't.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
They have no actual reason to ban accounts using POs as their address because they're paying customers and are not harming the business, even though they reserve the right to ban for giving a wrong address.

@gigawuts: Do you happen to know what kanji they use to ask for "the" address?

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 08:32 PM
住所

If someone can tell me that this means "personal home address where I eat sleep and shit every day," I think we'd all like it cleared up.

Polly
Jul 31, 2012, 08:34 PM
住所

If someone can tell me that this means "personal home address where I eat sleep and shit every day," I think we'd all like it cleared up.

Residence. Where you live. Where you make poops!

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 08:41 PM
Well alright then, that may indeed be a point of issue. Enough to ban over? Still speculation.

It would be something to not fuck with if you don't have to, though.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 08:51 PM
Isn't residence 住宅? 住所 is used when they ask for an address to send you mails and stuff iirc.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 08:56 PM
Well alright then, that may indeed be a point of issue. Enough to ban over? Still speculation.

It would be something to not fuck with if you don't have to, though.
On the PSO2 bumped blog website, of which has translated every single known japanese phrase and menu item in the game for all of us to use at our leisure, he specifically states this in red in the AC purchasing guide...

If you haven’t entered a Japanese address, postal code, nor name, you will have to makeup a fake address. The site does say that entering false information could get your SEGA ID suspended, so do this at your own risk.

That's pretty clear, cut, and dry to me.

Also...how does 'residence' not refer to where you eat/shit/sleep?

They have no actual reason to ban accounts using POs as their address because they're paying customers and are not harming the business, even though they reserve the right to ban for giving a wrong address.
Already addressed this. Just because they have no reason to seek you out, doesn't mean they wouldn't ban you out of formality and "doing the right thing". You aren't really in any position to describe what their MO is on illegal activity. Nor am I, but I'm going to lean on them wanting to remain a law abiding business practicing company.

I'm sorry, I know it hurts to not be able to come up with an actual sensible thought on the matter in the face of someone you clearly dislike (me), but that's just how it is man. You can choose to either understand it or...don't.

Totori
Jul 31, 2012, 08:58 PM
Hrm, stop trying to turn this into an attack topic. If you have seen the topic before you'll know we talked about the other issues, I'm sure you still see people hanging outside the window, but the few that has been banned purchased AC.

That doesn't mean anything? Also when you use a CC isn't the address on it, so wouldn't that have something to do with not matching up. If your SEGA account address is completely different than the Credit Card you are trying to use is, maybe that might have triggered a flag.

funkyskunk
Jul 31, 2012, 09:05 PM
Just let me know when I can buy a stack of 90 day premium tickets and not get charged or banned for them.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 09:07 PM
That's pretty clear, cut, and dry to me.

Also...how does 'residence' not refer to where you eat/shit/sleep?

http://translate.google.com/#ja/en/%E4%BD%8F%E6%89%80

Because it may not mean residence, but it also may.

As Gardios said, it may mean a variety of things.

And for that matter, even by PSUBlog's postings a Tenso address may be perfectly acceptable. It's not fake.

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 09:08 PM
I'm sorry, I know it hurts to not be able to come up with an actual sensible thought on the matter in the face of someone you clearly dislike (me), but that's just how it is man. You can choose to either understand it or...don't.

It isn't just me who dislikes you, you're the bane of practically everyone on this board. One need only compare how most people debate to you.

People are getting banned. Hackers are running rampant. These two events seem to correlate.

NO ITS NOT, IT IS NOT THAT WAY AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A POOPYHEAD

You singlehandedly ruin all conversations about bannings. For that, you should be banned, and discussions of the bannings should be disallowed.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 09:09 PM
http://translate.google.com/#ja/en/%E4%BD%8F%E6%89%80

Because it may not mean residence, but it also may.

As Gardios said, it may mean a variety of things.

And for that matter, even by PSUBlog's postings a Tenso address may be perfectly acceptable. It's not fake.How often does it not mean where you live? How about that? Since we're just all bordering speculation here, let's look at the probabilities, shall we?

Polly
Jul 31, 2012, 09:10 PM
Topic needs more "poopyhead" in it.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 09:11 PM
How to have an internet argument

1. Person 1 makes statement 1
2. Person 2 makes statement 2
3. Person 1 makes statement 3
4. Person 2 makes statement 4
5. It turns out one person isn't actually reading the other person's statements and is only on the internet to argue about whatever it is they see on their screen -> Restart at step 1.

When does an address not mean residence? Oh, I don't know, PO boxes and forwarding services.

Polly
Jul 31, 2012, 09:12 PM
How to have an internet argument

1. Person 1 makes statement 1
2. Person 2 makes statement 2
3. Person 1 makes statement 3
4. Person 2 makes statement 4
5. It turns out one person isn't actually reading the other person's statements and is only on the internet to argue about whatever it is they see on their screen -> Restart at step 1.

Is this one of those "Which one is lying" puzzles? I was kinda bad at those in Professor Layton. :(

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 09:13 PM
It isn't just me who dislikes you, you're the bane of practically everyone on this board. One need only compare how most people debate to you.

You singlehandedly ruin all conversations about bannings. For that, you should be banned, and discussions of the bannings should be disallowed.
Haha, is it some kind of fad to make up quotes by me, then make up your own creative thought and act like that's what I really said, or even imply I said anything similar? Jumping on the bandwagon are we?

Your made up quote isn't even an accurate depiction of what I've been trying to say (over, and over, and over again).

What I post is always meant to find and/or single out a true answer, no guesses. Just because it's not the answer you want, doesn't mean I'm ruining the conversation. In fact I'd hazard that you ruin the conversation more by always making the conversation about me instead of, you know, the topic.

When does an address not mean residence? Oh, I don't know, PO boxes and forwarding services.
Except we're talking about specifically the word "residence". Did you randomly decide to stop making sense, here? Do they ask for an address or a resident address?

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 09:16 PM
Haha, is it some kind of fad to make up quotes by me, then make up your own creative thought and act like that's what I really said, or even imply I said anything similar? Jumping on the bandwagon are we?

Your made up quote isn't even an accurate depiction of what I've been trying to say (over, and over, and over again).

What I post is always meant to find and/or single out a true answer, no guesses. Just because it's not the answer you want, doesn't mean I'm ruining the conversation. In fact I'd hazard that you ruin the conversation more by always making the conversation about me instead of, you know, the topic.

The conversation wouldn't be about you if you didn't go about with your "NO YOUR WRONG AND STUPID" "arguments". You just spout a bunch of shit and get threads locked due to your rampant trolling derailing any conversation preceding it.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 09:18 PM
How often does it not mean where you live? How about that? Since we're just all bordering speculation here, let's look at the probabilities, shall we?

As I said, to my knowledge 住所 is usually used when they ask for a shipping address, which is not the same as the place where you live.

Already addressed this. Just because they have no reason to seek you out, doesn't mean they wouldn't ban you out of formality and "doing the right thing". You aren't really in any position to describe what their MO is on illegal activity. Nor am I, but I'm going to lean on them wanting to remain a law abiding business practicing company.

Yeah, we both aren't. What I'm saying though is that they say that they can ban you for using a wrong address, not that they ban everyone outright using a wrong address - even if they don't ban you they're still a law abiding business practicing company.

Totori
Jul 31, 2012, 09:21 PM
Actually these topics get closed because you all can't control yourselves, how about holding a debate instead of trying to attack a user. Word choice is everything.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 09:23 PM

Except we're talking about specifically the word "residence". Did you randomly decide to stop making sense, here? Do they ask for an address or a resident address?

We're not specifically talking about the word residence. Or, maybe you are, I'm talking about a japanese term that is more ambiguous than that.

Like I said, you can go back to not reading my posts. In fact you can take that as a request. Please do not reply to me ever again. I do not like you. I feel little to no need to deal with your asinine shit masquerading as ~just wanting the facts~. We all know you're just bullshitting.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 09:24 PM
As I said, to my knowledge 住所 is usually used when they ask for a shipping address, which is not the same as the place where you live.

Yeah, we both aren't. What I'm saying though is that they say that they can ban you for using a wrong address, not that they ban everyone outright using a wrong address - even if they don't ban you they're still a law abiding business practicing company.The real question is, where is the line.

Further up the ladder, the real question is, if we're even on the right track in general. Like I said earlier, for all we know...these people could have actually done something to deserve their bans. We have no way of knowing that just as much as we have no way of knowing about the current idea we're rolling with (AC purchasing).

The conversation wouldn't be about you if you didn't go about with your "NO YOUR WRONG AND STUPID" "arguments". You just spout a bunch of shit and get threads locked due to your rampant trolling derailing any conversation preceding it.
I've never told someone they are stupid for being wrong about something. If I feel someone is wrong about something, I say why. That's not derailment at all. How do I derail anything? I address most subjects almost directly.

It's not trolling to have an opinion that differs from yours. I don't know how many times you're going to make me say it but I'll never tire of it, simply because I'm looking forward to you actually understanding it.
Are you one of those people who, when the word "wrong" comes in to play, it means I've offended your family honor or something?

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 09:31 PM
The real question is, where is the line.

Further up the ladder, the real question is, if we're even on the right track in general. Like I said earlier, for all we know...these people could have actually done something to deserve their bans. We have no way of knowing that just as much as we have no way of knowing about the current idea we're rolling with (AC purchasing).

True. I'm doubtful myself that the address is the sole cause since there should be a lot more ban reports on this forum if that was the case since there are surprisingly many people buying AC here.

With that being said, I guess we can now lay the argument regarding the address to a rest? I don't think there's anything else we can talk about with the current amount of evidence (or more like lack thereof).

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 09:33 PM
Actually these topics get closed because you all can't control yourselves, how about holding a debate instead of trying to attack a user. Word choice is everything.

I've tried to go over this with Zipzo and it resulted in him saying I was the last person he'd ever ever ever carefully choose his words with, because I had the audacity to tell him to calm down.

In the end it's pretty evident he's here solely to rile people up. He chooses intentionally offensive terminology, words things in such a way that it more closely attacks the person than the idea itself, and repeatedly dismisses half of a post in favor of taking another part of it out of context.

He also threatens to ignore people who don't play his game (or rather, a person, me specifically) but then proceeds to read their posts anyway. He blatantly trolls and dishes out numerous fallacies, then applies a double standard when other people do the exact same things back to him.

He is Fox News.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 09:42 PM
I've tried to go over this with Zipzo and it resulted in him saying I was the last person he'd ever ever ever carefully choose his words with, because I had the audacity to tell him to calm down.

In the end it's pretty evident he's here solely to rile people up. He chooses intentionally offensive terminology, words things in such a way that it more closely attacks the person than the idea itself, and repeatedly dismisses half of a post in favor of taking another part of it out of context.

He also threatens to ignore people who don't play his game (or rather, a person, me specifically) but then proceeds to read their posts anyway. He blatantly trolls and dishes out numerous fallacies, then applies a double standard when other people do the exact same things back to him.

He is Fox News.Referring to the calm down stuff, for you to deny that you posted with the absolute single purpose of irritating me is a farce. You even admitted that you got an absolute kick out of doing it, which is why you did it at all.

I told you that you'd be the last person I gave the respect of choosing my words carefully (which is not the same thing as deciding to flame you, it just means I won't come off unicorns and rainbows to you), because you had just posted about how you actually liked reading my posts but couldn't stand how I was such a criminal for posting at the expense of others, which in my book is called hypocrisy (and trolling).

You're the only person I've threatened to ignore, as a result, because you made it your goal to pester me. That's what the feature is for, to block out tripe like that.

I am all for someone having an intelligent opposition, as long as it's not done in a way that it literally bleeds from their posts that they are simply out to make me look like a fool for no reason simply because of how I choose to share my opinion with going 'easy' on peoples feelings. Usually as a result of this sort of passion being their motivation, their opposition tends to be weak, and at best wordy in an attempt to "out-argue" me.

I nominate this guy for poster of the day.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 09:52 PM
Case in point. Most of your replies attack the user. Intent matters little, actions do. Your chosen words insult people. It's not surprising they react accordingly.

You get what you give. When you give insults, regardless of the context, you get insults back. If you don't care if your posts can be interpreted as insulting, other people don't care if their replies can be interpreted as insulting.

You want an intelligent internet discussion? Good luck with that. They exist, but they're not exactly found in droves. You want an intelligent internet discussion while dismissing how your posts could easily be considered demeaning, belittling, and plainly insulting? Yeah, no, that's not happening.

I've spent considerable time on forums packed with people far more insulting - intentionally most of the time - and had far more interesting and productive political and moral (which as you likely know are highly opinionated topics with very little basis of fact to reference in any context, nevermind intentionally insulting forums) with them. You on the other hand repeatedly demonstrate no interest in that. You frequently pass over posts that contribute to discussions between your replies, maybe you really don't even see them. You pick out the ones that you feel you can insult with ease.

It's nothing I'm unfamiliar with. I know how to handle it, how to deflect it, and how to not take it personally. It's nothing difficult or complex. Those are things I'm not particularly interested in doing, however, and people here are clearly not as familiarized with it as I am.

You're going to need to either be nice or not expect anything but arguments. This is one of the friendlier forums I've posted on, and I have no qualms being nice or considering the feelings of others. I easily and fluidly take into consideration other peoples' interpretations of my posts and if people wind up insulted I promptly apologize. The course that follows if I don't apologize is not something I'm interested in. What follows after I apologize generally is. That's my whole point of being here. If I wanted nasty replies I have many other places I could be posting.

edit: In fact, I'll finish what I started with the "calm down" bit. I'm sorry you were insulted. It was initially meant as a friendly joke, because you seemed awfully riled up. When it riled you up even more, it was meant as more of the same joke. When you apparently took it very personally I couldn't help but be entertained. I'm sorry. Normally people can take a joke, but I guess you're the most delicate human being there ever was.

Link1275
Jul 31, 2012, 10:04 PM
Excuse me may I butt in here for 5 secs? Thank you. A P.O. box actually is an acceptable address as long it belongs to you, due to the fact that not everyone has a mail box on their front door step. Ok, you can now go back to arguing and insulting each other like stone men idiots that are completely lacking brains and being blockheads.

Kirukia
Jul 31, 2012, 10:07 PM
Well this thread went to hell fast.
That's why I never bother attempting to engage in these conversations. I just don't feel like ending up in the middle of a huge argument.

blace
Jul 31, 2012, 10:10 PM
Obligatory 'inb4lock'.

I expected this section of the forums to be more civil after PSO 2's release. Shit will always hit the fan if any kind of argument can be had.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 10:25 PM
Case in point. Most of your replies attack the user. Intent matters little, actions do. Your chosen words insult people. It's not surprising they react accordingly.

You get what you give. When you give insults, regardless of the context, you get insults back. If you don't care if your posts can be interpreted as insulting, other people don't care if their replies can be interpreted as insulting.

You want an intelligent internet discussion? Good luck with that. They exist, but they're not exactly found in droves. You want an intelligent internet discussion while dismissing how your posts could easily be considered demeaning, belittling, and plainly insulting? Yeah, no, that's not happening.

I've spent considerable time on forums packed with people far more insulting - intentionally most of the time - and had far more interesting and productive political and moral (which as you likely know are highly opinionated topics with very little basis of fact to reference in any context, nevermind intentionally insulting forums) with them. You on the other hand repeatedly demonstrate no interest in that. You frequently pass over posts that contribute to discussions between your replies, maybe you really don't even see them. You pick out the ones that you feel you can insult with ease.

It's nothing I'm unfamiliar with. I know how to handle it, how to deflect it, and how to not take it personally. It's nothing difficult or complex. Those are things I'm not particularly interested in doing, however, and people here are clearly not as familiarized with it as I am.

You're going to need to either be nice or not expect anything but arguments. This is one of the friendlier forums I've posted on, and I have no qualms being nice or considering the feelings of others. I easily and fluidly take into consideration other peoples' interpretations of my posts and if people wind up insulted I promptly apologize. The course that follows if I don't apologize is not something I'm interested in. What follows after I apologize generally is. That's my whole point of being here. If I wanted nasty replies I have many other places I could be posting.

edit: In fact, I'll finish what I started with the "calm down" bit. I'm sorry you were insulted. It was initially meant as a friendly joke, because you seemed awfully riled up. When it riled you up even more, it was meant as more of the same joke. When you apparently took it very personally I couldn't help but be entertained. I'm sorry. Normally people can take a joke, but I guess you're the most delicate human being there ever was.You have no case or point.

Long story short, your whole post is made up mish mash, and with all the effort you put in to trying to get me to realize the "error of my ways" you could have offered something to Coatl's thread (which I initially said I respected in their ambition).

Oh, and don't kid yourself. You being an irritant is very much not the same as me being insulted, or being "riled up". You couldn't make me angry even if you tried your damndest to troll me, and you know why? Because at best, I'm sure your method of trying to make me mad would be petty, uninteresting insults or passive-aggressive psycho-analytical blabbing on my character that you can get everyone in the thread to bandwagon with you over.

Is it possible for you to post about the topic at hand, instead of me? I'm flattered, really I am, but why are you so inclined to figure me out? Put the "real" me out on the table like you have all the answers? I've done my best to explain, I really have, but it doesn't seem like you're ever going to get it, so why don't you just focus on the topic like I do. For once I'd like to go a whole thread without someone trying to psycho-analyze me or criticize my (non-offensive and completely harmless) methods of conversation.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 10:27 PM
I'm not spending effort to do anything. I wrote exactly what I meant to.

You're being a dick. People don't like that. People respond in kind.

Now please resume not reading my posts (As though I really believed you ever stopped).

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 10:31 PM
I'm not spending effort to do anything. I wrote exactly what I meant to.

You're being a dick. People don't like that. People respond in kind.

Now please resume not reading my posts (As though I really believed you ever stopped).So, for example this thread, which is another example of how a few select individuals always try to turn it in to a zipzo flame-fest regardless of what I say, I want you to point out the "dick" post that was worthy to have garnered a whole conversation on my tact as opposed to why people are getting banned.

Allow me to spoil it for you...

*SPOILER ALERT*

You won't find one.

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 10:33 PM
Why has this thread not been closed yet?

Better question: why isn't zipzo banned yet?

Deviruki
Jul 31, 2012, 10:35 PM

This.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 10:36 PM
Either way it wouldn't matter. If I'm right and you're trolling you'd just troll by claiming it wasn't a dick thing to say. If you're not, you'd say it wasn't a dick thing to say because you sincerely believe it wasn't. Both result in the same replies. Neither make any progress any which way.

Instead I'll point out the self-evident existence of this thread. Most of it, as of your posting, has been people taking issue with your wording and tone. If you don't see that for what it is you're either trolling or deluding yourself.

That was easy.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 10:37 PM

Better question: why isn't zipzo banned yet?I'm going to hazard a guess here. Maybe it's because I refrain from touching a lot of these.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forumrules

Not sure I could say the same for you...but I always give my opinion, and my reasons for having that opinion. I feel like the only times you ever post are to "warn" the thread about me, then to come in after I've participated and flame me.

Either way it wouldn't matter. If I'm right and you're trolling you'd just troll by claiming it wasn't a dick thing to say. If you're not, you'd say it wasn't a dick thing to say because you sincerely believe it wasn't. Both result in the same replies. Neither make any progress any which way.

Instead I'll point out the self-evident existence of this thread. Most of it, as of your posting, has been people taking issue with your wording and tone. If you don't see that for what it is you're either trolling or deluding yourself.We should take a poll and see what people are more exhausted of. My opinions and how I project them, or how much you want to talk about why I project them the way I do (or criticize me for it).

Blastifyys
Jul 31, 2012, 10:38 PM
Most of them got banned for pr0n symbol spam. Ever since they started banning people, I can run through block 20 without seeing a single one, unlike before. It's nice.

/thread
i see some prOn symbols earlier today in b20

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 10:39 PM
We should take a poll and see what people are more exhausted of, my opinions and how I project them, or how much you want to talk about why I project them the way I do.

Or you could do what you said you would, not reply to me, and the whole thing would go away.

Or maybe I could make the ignoring mutual, except I would actually leave it that way.

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 10:40 PM
I feel like the only times you ever post are to "warn" the thread about me, then to come in after I've participated and flame me.

False (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199129).

I've contributed more to this forum than you could ever hope to. All you do is flame and troll.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 10:40 PM
Or you could do what you said you would, not reply to me, and the whole thing would go away.

Or maybe I could make the ignoring mutual, except I would actually leave it that way.I'm all in favor of utilizing the tools you have available to adjust your own forum experience. Do what you have to.

I've contributed more to this forum than you could ever hope to. All you do is flame and troll.Give me an example...

EvilMag
Jul 31, 2012, 10:42 PM
False (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199129).

I've contributed more to this forum than you could ever hope to. All you do is flame and troll.

That's not you contributing to this forums.

That's you pretending to be Amaury.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 10:43 PM
Ignoring people isn't my style. I don't like doing it. I'm also interested in why you set me to ignore but simply can't resist reading my posts and continuing to reply to me, though.

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 10:43 PM
Give me an example...

I just did, you illiterate buffoon.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 10:48 PM
I just did, you illiterate buffoon.I'm talking about the baseless claims you made, not the self serving preach that you contribute more to the forum than I ever could, which EvilMag had a point in regards to... =/

Also, name calling. You really are the mature one of this exchange, aren't you.

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm talking about the baseless claims you made

One need only peruse your posting history. I can guarentee you, at least half of the posts contained therein are the trolling bullshit that I warn people about in these threads.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 10:55 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/AoPaH.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Arguing if one is trolling or not has nothing to do with the topic and is getting us nowhere - the only thing it does is making the topic get locked, which would be a shame. Take it to PM or something, but please just drop it.

Maronji
Jul 31, 2012, 10:58 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/AoPaH.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Arguing if one is trolling or not has nothing to do with the topic and is getting us nowhere - the only thing it does is making the topic get locked, which would be a shame. Take it to PM or something, but please just drop it.

This.

Seriously, you guys, enough is enough.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 11:00 PM
Well, it's either that or go back to attempting to discuss the topic at hand but failing miserably and reverting to another tired insult thread.

I feel like this is actually somehow more productive than insult pingpong and baseless speculation that amounts to nothing.

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 11:01 PM
It'll only start up once again once someone makes another thread about the bannings. There's no point, so these discussions should just be disallowed.

Retehi
Jul 31, 2012, 11:04 PM
http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/internet.jpg

oifjustus
Jul 31, 2012, 11:07 PM
Wow.. Some of you have way to much free time lol.

EvilMag
Jul 31, 2012, 11:07 PM

This is the best post ever. Saving this picture for future use.

Aeris
Jul 31, 2012, 11:19 PM

LOL this book, i had seen it years ago in school XD

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 11:39 PM
You guys have until a moderator wakes up until this thread is closed...
Feel free to continue clawing each other's throats until then.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 11:53 PM
Honestly it looks like the insulting worked itself out.

Now I wonder if the thread can actually get to the civilized discussion phase.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2012, 11:56 PM
One need only peruse your posting history. I can guarentee you, at least half of the posts contained therein are the trolling bullshit that I warn people about in these threads.
No, you can't. You have no basis of which to guarantee that at all, except your own manifested hatred for being disagreed with or reading an opinion that directly contradicts yours.

In conclusion...

Where I do agree is that these topics are pointless. Until somebody gets an e-mail of any kind from SoJ concerning the matter of any of the (2) bans we are aware of on PSO-W without any logical explanation available to discuss.

We can keep the tally going, if bans continue further, whether the user purchased AC or not, though it will still mean little.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 11:58 PM
nevermind

Polly
Aug 1, 2012, 12:07 AM
nevermind

I think ya gotta give up the ghost on this one and move on, yo. Is it really worth getting this worked up over? Shouldn't your online time be spent doing things you enjoy and reading posts by people who haven't proven themselves asshats in your eyes, rather than getting worked up over it? Maybe it's just me, but it hardly seems worth the effort to continue the vicious circle, especially after you've expressed that you're not interested in the circular nature of these topics and Zipzo anymore.

Ignoring people on this site is great. It's about the best damn feature it has going! A few simple clicks and no more Zipzo! And on that day PSOW became just a slight bit more readable!

gigawuts
Aug 1, 2012, 12:12 AM
That was a joke. I almost didn't post it in the hopes it would get passed over and the next few replies would be decent, ha ha.

I've long since learned how to not get worked up over stuff like this. Now it's just something to occupy myself with. I can take it or leave it by this point.

But you're right, that's probably the third or fourth time I've tried turning it into something civil to no avail. I don't like doing it, but I guess using the ignore feature would free up my time for other, more unproductive activities.

NeoRydia
Aug 1, 2012, 12:50 AM
*cough*

To break up the needless arguments here I'm just gonna throw something down quick.

It is possible the bannings are atleast related to being outside the window but the bans themselves might be for an entirely different reason.

Sega probably looks through the accounts of all those who are reported *hacking* or w/e and are outside the window. And most of them probably get away fine because they determine that they were moved against the players will.

But while they are looking through these accounts maybe in some cases they did find a reason to ban that person aside from getting moved. Such as the fake AC address or obscene symbol chats or something.

Which is I believe most people with fake addresses or w/e else the issue could be have not been banned. Sega isn't going to know if you have a fake address or not unless they actually look. And they don't have time to do that unless they are given a reason too.

It also somewhat depends on the actual person who did the bans. Some people are different then others even if they are working under the same company such as Sega. Just cause one of their GMs or w/e could be an asshole doesn't mean that it reflects Sega's stance as a whole.

Sure maybe Sega wouldn't want to ban paying customers. But this random jerk with a ban hammer? Maybe any little reason is enough to make him push the button.

I have experienced this effect pretty well on a different MMO i played. There was one GM who was a real strict as hell and would pretty much perma ban you for the smallest infraction where as the other GMs would generally let it slide or warn/temp ban you.

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2012, 12:53 AM
*cough*

To break up the needless arguments here I'm just gonna throw something down quick.

It is possible the bannings are atleast related to being outside the window but the bans themselves might be for an entirely different reason.

Sega probably looks through the accounts of all those who are reported *hacking* or w/e and are outside the window. And most of them probably get away fine because they determine that they were moved against the players will.

But while they are looking through these accounts maybe in some cases they did find a reason to ban that person aside from getting moved. Such as the fake AC address or obscene symbol chats or something.

Which is I believe most people with fake addresses or w/e else the issue could be have not been banned. Sega isn't going to know if you have a fake address or not unless they actually look. And they don't have time to do that unless they are given a reason too.

It also somewhat depends on the actual person who did the bans. Some people are different then others even if they are working under the same company such as Sega. Just cause one of their GMs or w/e could be an asshole doesn't mean that it reflects Sega's stance as a whole.

Sure maybe Sega wouldn't want to ban paying customers. But this random jerk with a ban hammer? Maybe any little reason is enough to make him push the button.

I have experienced this effect pretty well on a different MMO i played. There was one GM who was a real strict as hell and would pretty much perma ban you for the smallest infraction where as the other GMs would generally let it slide or warn/temp ban you.

Oh my fucking Science...

Finally a useful and productive post made not only in this thread... but this whole incident as a whole...

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 01:06 AM
That was a joke. I almost didn't post it in the hopes it would get passed over and the next few replies would be decent, ha ha.

I've long since learned how to not get worked up over stuff like this. Now it's just something to occupy myself with. I can take it or leave it by this point.

But you're right, that's probably the third or fourth time I've tried turning it into something civil to no avail. I don't like doing it, but I guess using the ignore feature would free up my time for other, more unproductive activities.Oh, please. Don't act like your ever so heroic deeds are being impeded by anyone else but yourself. If you want to do some good, talk about the topic, not about me. There, I gave you a perfect outline for not mucking up every topic I post in.

*cough*

I have experienced this effect pretty well on a different MMO i played. There was one GM who was a real strict as hell and would pretty much perma ban you for the smallest infraction where as the other GMs would generally let it slide or warn/temp ban you.Valid. I'm inclined to think most GM's are not heavily swayed in their judgment based on their mood (and judging by your reference, they aren't in your example either, considering you mentioned one of many).

I'm honestly not even inclined to think that people are even putting in reports for people behind the window. Otherwise we'd have a lot more bans to speak of, considering many others who have spent $ on AC have been put out there, and not been banned.

NeoRydia
Aug 1, 2012, 01:08 AM
Also to those under the impression that sega is just banning people outside the window and not banning the actual *hackers*.

I'm sure those hackers have been banned countless times already. But since this is a free to play game after all it is not that hard for them to come back.

And with PSO2's unique naming system that allows multiples of the same name to be used which you pretty much never see in any other MMO. These *hackers* can come back with the exact same name and even looks thanks to the character creator having a save feature. So of course people are going to think the *hackers* aren't getting banned at all. Cause they look exactly the same every time they come back.

And don't go saying they should just IP ban the hackers. Sega is has almost surely been doing that from the beginning. The problem is any competent individual can get around an IP ban which is pretty much the best kind of ban sega or anyone can do.

There really is absolutely no way Sega can keep the *hackers* off the game and everyone is going to have to live with that. All Sega can really do is fix these exploits so they aren't possible in the first place.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 01:11 AM
All Sega can really do is fix these exploits so they aren't possible in the first place.

I received an update for GameGuard when I patched the game a little bit ago
Although, that probably won't do a whole lot, unless they just change the client -> server interactions within the code

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 1, 2012, 01:33 AM
I received an update for GameGuard when I patched the game a little bit ago
Although, that probably won't do a whole lot, unless they just change the client -> server interactions within the code

Actually the only reason people are able to play with codes is because of a specific cheat program that still works in a certain version of windows while gameguard runs. Gameguard actually blocks said program in all but one version of certain windows OSs.

If gameguard patches the loophole that will be the end of any stupid hijinks in PSO2.

Honestly if I hear about player moving still happening after the game comes back up, I'm going to wonder what kind of victim complexes the PSO community has lol.

Has anyone on PSO World made the minimal effort to grab a fellow PSO Worlder whos fluent in Japanese to write a wicked user report that details the cheat program, the cheat programs home site, what the loophole is, and that they need to get gameguard to patch the exploit? Because while I can't post the exact details of said exploit (its against the TOU) I know that alot of you guys are well aware of the program being used and how and why gameguard isn't blocking it. The cause of this exploit is well known and has been for ages now.

If you guys aren't using the resources available to you to help the situation then you're just part of the problem. I know if this crap was happening on my ship I would of had myself and as many friends as possible file duplicates of said report on the exploit in an effort to get Sega to take notice and get gameguard to patch the exploit.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 01:35 AM
If you guys aren't using the resources available to you to help the situation then you're just part of the problem.

I would never be in the loop with these kinds of things, so I can't exactly say I'm at fault.
But, more power to you to reach out to someone, if you want to make a difference

gigawuts
Aug 1, 2012, 01:38 AM
That one guy said he was the big cheater and gave some logs, then said he didn't care if he got banned. He even said to send the logs to Sega to prevent further bannings.

No idea what happened with that.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 1, 2012, 02:03 AM
I would never be in the loop with these kinds of things, so I can't exactly say I'm at fault.
But, more power to you to reach out to someone, if you want to make a difference

I just submitted a report at http://global.nprotect.com/support/contactus.php which is the support form for the company that supplies/runs GameGuard.

If the exploiting doesnt vanish within a week, we can all assume either GameGuard or Sega don't care about the issue enough to take proper action to stop it, as this is terribly easy to patch out and fix.

Also if i'm literally the first person out of the tens of thousands of players around the world playing the game to take this action and send them the info, thats just sad. Because I know a fairly large handful of regulars on this very forum know exactly how the exploiting is happening. Not that hard to google gameguard and submit the info, guys :-?

Its one thing to be in the dark, but literally everyones been griping about an english patch has no doubt, gone googling about the english patch and stumbled upon the info regarding the exploit

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 02:11 AM
Also if i'm literally the first person out of the tens of thousands of players around the world playing the game to take this action and send them the info

Why do you act like everyone who goes to PSO-World is a hacker?

Dan Maku
Aug 1, 2012, 02:19 AM

Oh, it's not everyone.

Just those Ship 2/Block 20 hooligans.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 1, 2012, 02:45 AM

Cool instigation bro, but I never said that or even implied it.

Heres what I am saying: PSO World is the community getting attacked, PSO World is the largest community interested in PSO2, PSO World as such has the largest number of people in the know about the game, its issues, and the largest amount of people that have gone googling for english patch info, and thus has the largest amount of people that have come across the exact causes of the exploit that people on these very forums keep whining about.

So yes, If i'm the first person to contact the proper channels to relay said info, that's absolutely pathetic. You guys have put more effort into finding every loophole to buy AC for your over priced virtual toys, than you have to use the resources available to you to get the info to sega and gameguard about the cause of these stupid exploits.

Its pretty disappointing to be honest

Triple_S
Aug 1, 2012, 02:47 AM
Cool instigation bro, but I never said that or even implied it.

Heres what I am saying: PSO World is the community getting attacked, PSO World is the largest community interested in PSO2, PSO World as such has the largest number of people in the know about the game, its issues, and the largest amount of people that have gone googling for english patch info, and thus has the largest amount of people that have come across the exact causes of the exploit that people on these very forums keep whining about.

So yes, If i'm the first person to contact the proper channels to relay said info, that's absolutely pathetic. You guys have put more effort into finding every loophole to buy AC for your over priced virtual toys, than you have to use the resources available to you to get the info to sega and gameguard about the cause of these stupid exploits.

Is every single post of yours passive-aggressive?

Then again, it is PSO-W, so it's almost a posting requirement.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 02:48 AM

I'm sorry for actually playing the game in Japanese and not being bothered, and it's absolutely ludicrous to assume that everyone that googles PSO2 english patch will find and read the manual on bypassing GameGuard.

Triple_S
Aug 1, 2012, 02:54 AM
I'm sorry for actually playing the game in Japanese and not being bothered, and it's absolutely ludicrous to assume that everyone that googles PSO2 english patch will find and read the manual on bypassing GameGuard.

It's actually really easy to find. One of the most popular pages for the english patch has a simple guide if you scroll down.

Kind of bugs me that such information gets posted around knowing the kind of asshats that would use it for more malicious purposes than just God Mode and such.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 02:57 AM
It's actually really easy to find. One of the most popular pages for the english patch has a simple guide if you scroll down.

Kind of bugs me that such information gets posted around knowing the kind of asshats that would use it for more malicious purposes than just God Mode and such.

I apologize for not investigating
This truly is a travesty. Even though I still believe that very few people would actually take advantage of it

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 1, 2012, 02:59 AM
edit: nevermind someones already said it

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 03:01 AM
nevermind someones already said it

"and read"