PDA

View Full Version : Loot Distribution

Sephirah
Jul 31, 2012, 12:17 PM
While playing last night I noticed the japanese parties I joined, they would leave everything (EVERYTHING) that was dropped from monsters or crates on the ground. I can't be certain exactly what they were saying to me, but me picking up items seemed to cause some kind of reaction from them. (I'm assuming they were yelling at me for doing it)

My question is: Is there some kind of auto-loot distribution at the end of a quest for items/meseta not picked up I'm unaware of, or did these parties just not care about the loot?

Edit: I know Dungeon Defenders has a system like this, where all the drops are converted to money at the end of a level and then split between the group members, but that's the only game I've ever seen do it, so not sure if it's the same type of thing here.

Jakosifer
Jul 31, 2012, 12:18 PM
Everyone has their own drops, you weren't taking anything from anyone.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 12:19 PM
Unlike other MMORPGs, loot isn't free for all - everyone gets their own loot, meaning that no one else can see (and hence, pick up) the loot that is dropped for you and vice-versa.

Sephirah
Jul 31, 2012, 12:21 PM
Ooooh..... so I was just missing out on my own loot? Lol that sucks. Guess it was just a coincidence that they started talking at the exact moment I started picking stuff up.

Darki
Jul 31, 2012, 12:21 PM
Uhm, you know that the drops you see are all yours and can't be seen by other players, the looting system in this game is different from PSU where what you see is what everybody gets.

There's no way they'd know you're even picking uo items unless you stay in a place move randomly for it and "hint" them that, so I don't think they'd yell at you for that.

Sephirah
Jul 31, 2012, 12:24 PM
Yea I never played PSU, but in PSO I&II it worked that way too, so I'm used to seeing people rush for the rare drops. :P

Sebastian & PSO
Jul 31, 2012, 12:25 PM
Hahaha soooo funny that you thought they were yelling at you. I quickly became aware of items not being shared between players. I think they wanted to take away the arguments between rare drops and who picked it up first ect from happening, which once again makes items even 'less' rare with PS02. Although on the other hand it does make it fair for everyone.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 02:22 PM
As they already said, your loot is generated for you. If you see it, it's yours until you sell it or leave it on the ground to be destroyed when the mission is over.

Grab it all. Throw it in storage when your inventory is full, then either vendor it or sell it in your shop. Everything has a price... whether the NPC gets it or a player is the question.

jooozek
Jul 31, 2012, 03:11 PM
(...) If you see it, it's yours until you sell it or leave it on the ground to be destroyed when the mission is over. (...)
That's not true, for multiparty areas at least, you can easily test it, join an MPA, drop a moon on the ground, quit the party, come back, pick your moon back.

Galax
Jul 31, 2012, 03:14 PM
Jooozek, if the mission is over, done with, not even a multiparty will be there anymore. You leaving a multiparty doesn't cancel the mission, it only cancels your participation in it. And since when can you drop anything on the ground in PSO2....I have yet to figure that one out.

sugarFO
Jul 31, 2012, 03:23 PM
Jooozek, if the mission is over, done with, not even a multiparty will be there anymore. You leaving a multiparty doesn't cancel the mission, it only cancels your participation in it. And since when can you drop anything on the ground in PSO2....I have yet to figure that one out.

You can drop recovery items for people.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah I coulda sworn what you could drop was limited to healing items only.

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 04:29 PM

No no, I think Jooozek is right on this one. I've come back to old marti-parties to find random mates just laying there as I walk by.

kkow
Jul 31, 2012, 04:36 PM
something strange happened to me the other day. was in an emergency city quest and had a good long pse burst. only managed to pick up about half my loot before the party leader restarted the quest again. around the same area, I came across what seemed to be my loot I never had the chance to pick up -a rare asdfwhygodwhy.

So, ^coincidence? and does your loot eventually disappear?

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 04:39 PM
Your loot stays as long as the map still exists. I think there's a maximum of loot that can be on the map at the same time, I'm not sure though.

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 04:40 PM
something strange happened to me the other day. was in an emergency city quest and had a good long pse burst. only managed to pick up about half my loot before the party leader restarted the quest again. around the same area, I came across what seemed to be my loot I never had the chance to pick up -a rare asdfwhygodwhy.

So, ^coincidence? and does your loot eventually disappear?

I think your loot disappears when eventually the maximum amount of loot dropped by you is present on the map. New ones will appear while the oldest ones disappear..is what I've heard.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 04:40 PM

You can drop healing items?!

asdfsadgsfg

All the bosses we were too underleveled to finish they we could've finished...

Kazzi
Jul 31, 2012, 04:41 PM
Yup loot is specific to each person, even the drops themselves are different. So don't feel bad about looting everything at all! I mean, they are your drops. As for loot disappearing, no it usually doesn't you could leave it there for hours.

Examples!
This is my friends screen:
[spoiler-box]http://images.plurk.com/f619bd1277e54575305e9d9710f09b63.jpg[/spoiler-box]

And this is my screen of the same loot:
[spoiler-box]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6r7dpt2FI1r40wdbo1_1280.png[/spoiler-box]

Which also shows that you tend to get drops for your own class more than others.

jooozek
Jul 31, 2012, 06:21 PM
I said clearly, QUIT THE PARTY. When you quit the party, the mission you are doing IS CANCELLED.
And I actually went ahead and recorded a video, you will be able to watch it here soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzC0xAdg_pk

I don't know how much it's limited but I've dropped 3 moons to a buddy in case I die (he ran out of moons and I wanted s-rank so).

And well, would you look at that: http://imgur.com/a/yYLy8

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 06:25 PM
You quitting the party doesn't despawn the instance
On random blocks like 37, you tend to be put between the 2 exact same multiparty maps every run, back and forth. This can be good if they are desirable maps

If I'm misunderstanding what's going on, don't mind me

Mystil
Jul 31, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yay, no more worrying about people bitching about not getting a drop or something..

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 31, 2012, 06:28 PM
omg so like, while playing last night I noticed that this gaijin d00d would leave everything (EVERYTHING) that was dropped from monsters or crates on the ground. I can't be certain exactly what he was saying to us, but picking up items seemed to cause some kind of reaction from him. (I'm assuming they were yelling at us for doing it)

Mystil
Jul 31, 2012, 06:31 PM
I think your loot disappears when eventually the maximum amount of loot dropped by you is present on the map. New ones will appear while the oldest ones disappear..is what I've heard.
This how it was in the first 2 PSO versions. I think the item limit on the ground was 40.

jooozek
Jul 31, 2012, 06:32 PM
You quitting the party doesn't despawn the instance
On random blocks like 37, you tend to be put between the 2 exact same multiparty maps every run, back and forth. This can be good if they are desirable maps

If I'm misunderstanding what's going on, don't mind me

Yup, it doesn't, as I said, " the mission you are doing IS CANCELLED.", never did I state the it kills the instance. That's beside the point anyway, was just showing that it doesn't kill off items when you quit the mission, "for multiparty areas at least". And of course, even if you clear the mission, but leave some items in the MPAs but come back when the instance is alive they of course will be on the ground.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 07:13 PM
I've MPA'd for several hours, left, quit the party, fed my mag in my room, quit the game properly, come back, started up an MPA with the same conditions, and stumbled into an identical layout with dozens of mates and sol atomizers sitting around boxes - with nobody else doing that level in the entire block. I search by selecting a given quest to see if other people are already MPAing. If people were MPAing there I would have joined them, not created my own new party.

Loot stays in an area when you leave, and the area itself continues to exist even if nobody is left there.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 31, 2012, 07:16 PM
Loot stays in an area when you leave, and the area itself continues to exist even if nobody is left there.

It's nice when that happens, but annoying to sift through the green items again.

There might be people running around in single player blocks/boss but with the same MPA keeping it alive.