PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance: August 1, 8.

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 03:21 PM
Sega will be running maintenance on August 1, at about 10pm EST, to implement the new forest bosses (Fang Banther/Banshee) as well as the summer Scratch items. They will run additional maintenance a week later, on the 8th, to implement the Floating Continent field.

inb4phantasymaintenanceoffline
inb4emergencycodemaintenance

[source (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-august-2012-item-code-distribution/)]

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 03:23 PM
It doesn't matter if you post this in advance, when maintenance starts there will be at LEAST 2 threads bitching about being cut off the game for the maintenance that "snuck up" on them.

Xaeris
Jul 31, 2012, 03:26 PM
The past week has actually been great as far as maint. Hopefully it means Sega has its footing.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 03:31 PM
The past week has actually been great as far as maint. Hopefully it means Sega has its footing.
If you can't hear, I'm actually knocking on wood right now.

jooozek
Jul 31, 2012, 03:33 PM
Seeing how people still get moved beyond the windows I guess they gave up on trying to fix that or maybe they will give it another swing tomorrow.

Xaeris
Jul 31, 2012, 03:35 PM
Don't start lighting cigars with benjamins just yet Shakuri. With great demand comes great supply.

Lostbob117
Jul 31, 2012, 03:36 PM
Oh no... swimsuits.

Xaeris
Jul 31, 2012, 03:37 PM
Oh no... swimsuits.

Andherewego.gif

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 03:48 PM
And yet no speedos. /dailyrant

Xaeris
Jul 31, 2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah, that is pretty BS honestly.

Jungo Torii
Jul 31, 2012, 04:05 PM
And yet no speedos. /dailyrant

I must agree with my fellow manly man. Swim trunks just aren't the same as speedos. Damnit, Sega.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:06 PM
I must agree with my fellow manly man. Swim trunks just aren't the same as speedos. Damnit, Sega.
But it's alot easier to LOSE your swimtrunks diving than it is a speedo. :love:

Wait, what the fuck is going on why are we discussing swimtrunks and speedos... >.>

Jungo Torii
Jul 31, 2012, 04:08 PM

Wait, what the fuck is going on why are we discussing swimtrunks and speedos... >.>

I...honestly have no idea. I just want my rappykinis and rappy speedos. But I suppose I'll never get what I want. ;_;

Gardios
We're discussing the (lack of) content of the new patch that comes with this maintenance, we're on-topic!

Enforcer MKV

Because gender roles are slowly bein.....*Is distracted by Garnet's sig*....

...uh....uh....Code complete. :D

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 04:13 PM
New scratch, New emergency mission... and Summer Rappies which I'm going to ASSUME replaces their normal rappy "rare" spawns.

Then another update a week later...

That's not too bad.

It's not like it's 2-3 weeks later and they're only giving us clothes, like other F2P games do...

Crysteon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:18 PM
It's not like it's 2-3 weeks later and they're only giving us clothes, like other F2P games do...

Dont worry, it's just matter of time before they start putting Rare Drop tickets in packs and exclusive mag devices in AC Shop. The whole F2P paradigm will sink so soon, lol.

Lostbob117
Jul 31, 2012, 04:20 PM
I'm sad two bad outfits in ac shop in a row first the ninja thingy for males now a lame swimsuit. :l

I want this now.
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/uchitoru1/pso2/coolcoat.png

MissMalice
Jul 31, 2012, 04:21 PM
I've found this nifty extension for Chrome called RemindMe (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dkbeopafgiefnlffkhmkhldcojehlgam) to keep track of the weekly maintenance for all the games I play. I keep PSO2 set to go off 30 minutes before maintenance, just in case I'm in the middle of a mission or something. c:

For you FireFox users, my husband uses ReminderFox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/reminderfox/).

For an IE users out there, an actual alarm clock you can sit on your desk will probably be more reliable.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm sad two bad outfits in ac shop in a row first the ninja thingy for males now a lame swimsuit. :l

I want this now.

A Yukata is a ninja thingie?

Did you just associate non-naruto-related-ninja with "Lame"?

Lostbob117
Jul 31, 2012, 04:23 PM
A Yukata is a ninja thingie?

Did you just associate non-naruto-related-ninja with "Lame"?

Whatever that outfit is, is lame. It looks good but the shoes ruin it.

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 04:24 PM
Why do they bother giving us armor if we find it more battle appropriate to fight monsters in bathing suits?

Anyway, can't wait to get my hands on some beach gear. :3

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:26 PM
What exactly are the event rappies supposed to drop, anyway? Some kind of room deco like in PSU? Normal rappy drops? Or do we not know yet?

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 04:26 PM
I want that inner tube.

NB4 I have to experience the female outfit's supply and demand because even though both genders can use it, the inner tube is mostly "MOE~"

Crysteon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:28 PM
Moe, and watch it being extremely expensive.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 04:29 PM
What exactly are the event rappies supposed to drop, anyway? Some kind of room deco like in PSU? Normal rappy drops? Or do we not know yet?

Snorkle and Tuna.

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 04:31 PM
I don't know if I can take seeing hunters smack things around with a giant fish.. >_>

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:32 PM
Snorkle and Tuna.
Snorkle and Tuna eh?

Hmm...

Hosaka, is that a Tuna in your pants or are you just happy to see me~

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 04:32 PM
I don't know if I can take seeing hunters smack things around with a giant fish.. >_>

You will lay there and accept it! D<

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:33 PM
You will lay there and accept it! D<
...must... refrain... from... making.... c...c.... comment.... must... show... re...straint...

Jungo Torii
Jul 31, 2012, 04:34 PM

Oh, man, I can't wait~ Of course, considering how poor I am, unless I get a lucky drop, I imagine I may never have a tuna to smack everything with. D:

kkow
Jul 31, 2012, 04:39 PM
i for one hate rappies and tunas. stupid sega. swimsuits will make me go broke too

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 04:41 PM
...must... refrain... from... making.... c...c.... comment.... must... show... re...straint...

Fish sticks....

Zyrusticae
Jul 31, 2012, 04:44 PM
So, the 1st is the day I end up with 50mil meseta huh...Sooner than I was expecting, SEGAC.

Assuming you get really lucky on your scratch rolls, that is. ;-)

Crysteon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:46 PM
Fish sticks....

: ohgodwhy:

Kanore
Jul 31, 2012, 04:46 PM
Why do they bother giving us armor if we find it more battle appropriate to fight monsters in bathing suits?

Anyway, can't wait to get my hands on some beach gear. :3

because not everyone is a creeper that wants to see the little 11 year old anime girl they made in a bikini

ShadowDragon28
Jul 31, 2012, 04:51 PM

I want this now.

I Hope there's a jett-black version of this trench coat-suit. DO WANT

kkow
Jul 31, 2012, 04:52 PM
because not everyone is a creeper that wants to see the little 11 year old anime girl they made in a bikini

playing the wrong game bro. at least from what ive played of the psp installments, ps never seemed to be the serious kind of game.

saved up 1 mil for a swimsuit, hopefully the price doesn't spiral out of control.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 04:58 PM
I Hope there's a jett-black version of this trench coat-suit. DO WANT

The white parts are what you can recolour, so you will be able to make it black.

moeri
Jul 31, 2012, 05:05 PM
ANy guesses on how much the swimsuits will be? I hope 1 mil is enough...

ShadowDragon28
Jul 31, 2012, 05:09 PM
FFS It sucks that the Recycle Shop only accept the Rappy Suit to trade for a Color Change ticket... it's ridiculous.. *sigh*

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 05:11 PM
ANy guesses on how much the swimsuits will be? I hope 1 mil is enough...
Probably around 600k to 1.5mil like the yukatas were, depending on how rare certain colors are.

Crysteon
Jul 31, 2012, 05:12 PM
I would have prefered that they kept the mechanics of CBT's Recycle Shop, where you needed to give 10 of any of the clothes in AC Scratch instead of a specific single piece (i.e: Rappy Suit).

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 31, 2012, 05:12 PM
I just hope I can get green for under 750k

Zyrusticae
Jul 31, 2012, 05:24 PM
I'm at 43 mil right now, which is where the confidence (well, some of it) comes from.

I'll probably pretty much give away the male swimsuits though.
Hah, at that rate you'll hit 50m no matter what anyways.

(Although I have no idea how you managed to get that kind of capital, I'm only up to 1.5m myself... :-?)

Lulufia
Jul 31, 2012, 05:30 PM
WTB PS IV clothing. :)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/940/940703/phantasy-star-iv-virtual-console-20081222084412587.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

/nostalgia

mhjc
Jul 31, 2012, 05:30 PM
Hah, at that rate you'll hit 50m no matter what anyways.

(Although I have no idea how you managed to get that kind of capital, I'm only up to 1.5m myself... :-?)

Use of myshop, or playing each day and never spending much. It isn't hard to get that kind of capital but definitely harder now since people demand specific things instead of anything you put up for sale. I've probably accumulated 41m total overall, without myshop... I may find it in the stats log.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 05:32 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/940/940703/phantasy-star-iv-virtual-console-20081222084412587.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

/nostalgia

Throw backs to games likely nobody currently alive and playing PSO2 has ever played? We're more likely to see stupid things like Colonel Sanders, Hatsune Miku, and various current flavor-of-the-month anime apparel.

http://i.imgur.com/A1NXY.gif

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 05:32 PM

/nostalgia

I really want a claw for all the nostalgic weapon possibilities. I'd even be happy with just a standard green photon claw from PSO itself, although I'd prefer blue because let's be honest now the blue one looked way more boss.

After that you can go all the way back to PS I with weapons.

watashiwa
Jul 31, 2012, 05:35 PM
Throw backs to games likely nobody currently alive and playing PSO2 has ever played?

Sure, Phantasy Star IV is old... but it's not THAT old.

Lulufia
Jul 31, 2012, 05:37 PM
Throw backs to games likely nobody currently alive and playing PSO2 has ever played? We're more likely to see stupid things like Colonel Sanders, Hatsune Miku, and various current flavor-of-the-month anime apparel.

I know, but one can hope atleast. :-P

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 05:37 PM

Hey I played PS4 D<

Then got bored after like 10 minutes...

Sega Genesis games have like no Hook for me...

Would murder as many bikini lolis as you ask for a Rolf Costume though...

mctastee
Jul 31, 2012, 05:48 PM
I just realized that I get to be a giant rappy that hits things with a huge fish. XD

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 05:50 PM
I really can't decide whether I'm saving up for the swimming suit or the fish. I can't decide at all. The fish may really be super expensive, and then not be resold like the various costumes we've gotten since it binds on equip.

On the other hand, bikinis. Bikinis.

Hmmm.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 31, 2012, 05:57 PM

Don't be so sure. They've done throwbacks to pre-3D era Sonic games, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch here.

Mystil
Jul 31, 2012, 06:22 PM
I never played any of the Pioneering Phantasy Star games.

Zyrusticae
Jul 31, 2012, 06:51 PM
Use of myshop, or playing each day and never spending much. It isn't hard to get that kind of capital but definitely harder now since people demand specific things instead of anything you put up for sale. I've probably accumulated 41m total overall, without myshop... I may find it in the stats log.
Yeah, um, I really don't know about that...

I mean, granted, I hardly play compared to some folks here, but to make 40m without MyShop would certainly require hundreds of hours of play time.... :-o

Kirukia
Jul 31, 2012, 07:25 PM
I never played any of the Pioneering Phantasy Star games.

Me neither but I did buy PSII from the Wii store, just never got around to playing it. I picked II because Rolf reminds me of Rowen from Ronin Warriors, who was my favorite character from my favorite anime as a child :(

I like casual clothing though. I don't mind armors too. I don't see why some people really care what others wear. It's like seeing somebody on the street in odd clothing and getting upset over it because you have to see them wearing it. It would be nice if they had a mix though, just so everybody can have something they like. PSU didn't really have any full-body armors (unless you count being a CAST a full-body armor).

Crystal_Shard
Jul 31, 2012, 07:42 PM
Throw backs to games likely nobody currently alive and playing PSO2 has ever played?

Hey! Don't kill us oldbies off so casually! We're still too young to die! ^_^

Also, classic themed outfits and weapons? Do want.

LK1721
Jul 31, 2012, 08:59 PM

/nostalgia
I would rock a PSIV Alys outfit to hell and back.

CelestialBlade
Jul 31, 2012, 09:01 PM
Gib Rika's outfit.

Gib GENOCYCLAW while we're at it.

Zorafim
Jul 31, 2012, 09:49 PM
Gib GENOCYCLAW

Yes prz. Though I think the 11* Yomei claws did a good job giving the same look.

/nostalgia

I think Echo's outfit does a good job at portraying the same look, if you build your character right. But yeah, classic outfits are always great.

I'm actually currently playing through the PS series again during updates. They've got some really neat looking things in there.
Heck, many PSOWers have played the original series, since they're so easy to get and they're actually fun games. Not to mention, they give good context to the newer series.

So, I'm assuming August 1st at 10pm is right now? I guess it's time to get the Neicrown and Neihelm, then. And here I thought I was going to finish my non-repeatable client orders today.

Demon-
Jul 31, 2012, 09:57 PM
Hey! Don't kill us oldbies off so casually! We're still too young to die! ^_^

Also, classic themed outfits and weapons? Do want.

Yeah we not that old yet!

I would kill for a Zio remake outfit though.

CelestialBlade
Jul 31, 2012, 10:02 PM
I'm still waiting for a modern Phantasy Star game where we get to fight the Profound Darkness. Please don't disappoint me, Sega.

BIG OLAF
Jul 31, 2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah, um, I really don't know about that...

I mean, granted, I hardly play compared to some folks here, but to make 40m without MyShop would certainly require hundreds of hours of play time.... :-o

You're forgetting the fact that some people are disgustingly, obscenely, almost unfairly lucky with rare drops. I, myself, have only 3mil and over 400 hours of playtime under my belt (only about ~5 of those hours spent 'goofing off' in my room/a lobby), because my luck is shit. Also, my money making/management "skills" are terrible in any game, especially RPGs.

Anyway, fuck y'all richers and your insane amounts of meseta.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 10:06 PM
I save most of my meseta until I hit the 1m+ mark and tend to stick around 1.5m, occasionally dipping below if there's something that interests me that's about to soar in value.

I recently spent all my meseta on a couple lobby action tickets that are being removed from scratch. It will amuse me for short periods of time when I'm otherwise bored. That's some well-spent meseta! Millions to improve a weapon's performance so that instead of 3 hits, enemies die in 2? Hm...maybe later.

raiden55
Jul 31, 2012, 10:10 PM
they are waiting for school swimsuit you know...

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 10:13 PM
Screw weapons, I'm still saving up for Rappy Suits. I sure hope the price decreases when the market gets flooded by them because everyone buys tons of scratch tickets hoping for a bikini...

BIG OLAF
Jul 31, 2012, 10:15 PM
Screw weapons, I'm still saving up for Rappy Suits. I sure hope the price decreases when the market gets flooded by them because everyone buys tons of scratch tickets hoping for a bikini...

I don't think Rappy Suits are in the new gacha. SEGA said they'd be unavailable for a time after the 'Happy Wedding' scratch disappears. There won't be any way to get a recolor ticket for a while, until SEGA figures out some new items they can use for ticket trade-ins.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah man, sorry to break it to you but rappy suits are indeed only in the happy wedding scratch. That's why prices soared when the recent summer scratch came out - rappy suits aren't in it, and everyone switched to the new scratch. Now the happy wedding scratch is being removed, to be replaced by this new swimsuit scratch, and it also lacks rappy suits.

I hope you can afford them at whatever price they're at, because they aren't coming back in the immediate future. I'd bet they'll never come back at all, and they were intended to be a limited release item all along.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 10:19 PM
Wh-what... That can't be happening...

New scratch confirmed to be the shittiest scratch ever. ;_;

HFlowen
Jul 31, 2012, 10:21 PM
Wondering if I should burn up the last of my AC on AC scratch after maint and hope for a bikini I can sell to some weirdo for stupid amounts of yellow diamond.

Macman
Jul 31, 2012, 10:22 PM
Wha-
I, myself, have only 3mil and over 400 hours of playtime under my belt (only about ~5 of those hours spent 'goofing off' in my room/a lobby), because my luck is shit. Also, my money making/management "skills" are terrible in any game, especially RPGs.
Meseta is for spending. I've never gotten over half a million because I'm either spending it on new weapons (yeah my luck is garbage too) or grinding my equipment.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 31, 2012, 10:23 PM
how the f**k are people going to get Color Change Tickets then? FFS the Recycle Shop better be updated and allow a player to trade other costumes for a damn ticket.

WTF >:-{

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 10:25 PM
Wh-what... That can't be happening...

New scratch confirmed to be the shittiest scratch ever. ;_;

If I had the meseta I'd buy one for you now and pass it over when you finished saving up, but like I said I recently drained my wallet... Sorry dude :(

how the f**k are people going to get Color Change Tickets then? FFS the Recycle Shop better be updated and allow a player to trade other costumes for a damn ticket.

Sega put out a news article on their own site saying that recolor tickets just won't be available for a short while, but that would be alleviated later.

I'm expecting a sudden surge of costumes that aren't nearly as great as the rappy suit, and I would be sincerely surprised if we never got rappy suit knockoffs (summer rappy, lilipa, etc.) to make the original rappy suit even more of a collector's item.

BIG OLAF
Jul 31, 2012, 10:25 PM

They're not, at least for a little bit. SEGA already said that they'll release other items that can be traded in sometime in the near(?) future. You're just gonna have to hold tight until then.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 10:29 PM
Hopefully they do something about not being a gambling casher = you pay 700k-1mil for whatever you need to trade in-

/Remembers you originally had to get every AC outfit to win the rappy suit...

/SEGA's not going to make those re-color tickets easier to get... e_e

Skye-Fox713
Jul 31, 2012, 10:29 PM
I don't think Rappy Suits are in the new gacha. SEGA said they'd be unavailable for a time after the 'Happy Wedding' scratch disappears. There won't be any way to get a recolor ticket for a while, until SEGA figures out some new items they can use for ticket trade-ins.

As bad as it may sound if they offered recolor tickets for AC I'd buy a couple to recolor my ballistic coat and tiger pierce.

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 10:32 PM
I don't suppose people sell Recolor Tickets in player shops? :P

Reyva
Meseta is for spending. I've never gotten over half a million because I'm either spending it on new weapons (yeah my luck is garbage too) or grinding my equipment.

Eh, the most I have on hand usually is between 100-800k. 90% of the time, its never in the millions because I spend it before it even reaches to that. I'd say I've made over 20 mil or more from the course of start of open beta till now and I spit out about 300-600k a day depending on how much I can play. If I purchase AC, its usually just for premium or something else.

Too bad I won't have enough to afford a swimsuit at start for one of my toons, but what I'm really after is my female and male cast parts. Gotta love how they make the prices on that cheap along with the male human/newman costumes. Sucks to be a female character.

Next thing you know, people will be pricing the swimsuits on females high based on the color of the bra and panties lool. Yeah, 2000000000000 meseta for black or red swimsuit if they have one, just watch haha. I'll settle for the colors no one likes cause I don't care what color and I doubt anyone who is playing with me cares (I'll just tell them they got problems).

Gardios
I hope the recolourable Rappy Suit found through datamining will make it into the actual game so I can get that one at least. When I have 1.4m (current Rappy Suit price) I'm sure the price for it will have doubled so I doubt I'll get my hands on it...

BIG OLAF
I don't suppose people sell Recolor Tickets in player shops? :P

They're account-bound. Cannot be traded or sold.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 10:45 PM
I hope the recolourable Rappy Suit found through datamining will make it into the actual game so I can get that one at least. When I have 1.4m (current Rappy Suit price) I'm sure the price for it will have doubled so I doubt I'll get my hands on it...

Tell you what man, if I can afford a rappy suit I'll grab it and hold onto it just for you. Do you want me to do that? I don't mind, no markup. Honestly I'd feel bad keeping it as high as the price I got it for, so I could even mark it down.

These suits should go to people who actually want them, not hoarders or investors.

Dan Maku
Jul 31, 2012, 10:46 PM
They're account-bound. Cannot be traded or sold.

Well, fuck me sideways. 3:

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2012, 10:47 PM
Tell you what man, if I can afford a rappy suit I'll grab it and hold onto it just for you. Do you want me to do that? I don't mind, no markup. Honestly I'd feel bad keeping it as high as the price I got it for, so I could even mark it down.

These suits should go to people who actually want them, not hoarders or investors.

I'm gonna say this now: You, sir, are a good man. Props.

KrankItVZ
Jul 31, 2012, 10:59 PM
At my place it is about 2 hours behind the Japanese time... I wish they made the maintenance late at night and not smack in between the middle of the day

Zyrusticae
Jul 31, 2012, 11:09 PM
Well, fuck me sideways and call me Sally. That is ridiculous.

My luck fucking sucks and I will never, ever get anywhere near that amount of money on my best days. I am pissed and angry and sad all at once.

Xaeris
Jul 31, 2012, 11:11 PM
Shh, shh...no names.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 11:12 PM
Aaah, wonderful market manipulation. In before no rappies left on market.

Xaeris
Jul 31, 2012, 11:14 PM
I bought a suit last night to get a recolor ticket because I'm sure that, during this interim period of no source of recolor tickets, I'd have to pay through the ass to get one. Still had to pay through the ass, but not as a bad. I considered buying a couple more and prospecting, but...eh, I dunno. It's a legitimate way of making money, but it just feels dirty somehow to me.

moeri
Jul 31, 2012, 11:30 PM
I never really spend meseta outside of grinding and Shifta Drink EX. I also had a nice monopoly on the Yukata's for a while. Most lucrative deals though, were the three Adirou's I got to +10 which really boosted my cheezits flow. For sure there are players who play way more than I do (I really only play for about two or three hours a day) who probably have at least 100 million at this point. Which wouldn't be too odd since those weapons sold about twenty minutes after me putting them up.

I'm pretty sure you are just doing something right...

I play way more often than that and have never come anywhere near that amount of meseta, even total life time earning

Ofcourse I don't have my shop either lol

Zyrusticae
Jul 31, 2012, 11:33 PM
I'll take easy rare grinding luck over BS drop luck any day...

Darki
Jul 31, 2012, 11:51 PM
Pffff.

I had some money yesterday but I noticed I had enough for a Clarita Visas (the pink rod from PS0, I believe, not the magical girl one) and just went for it. I love that rod and it matches my character perfectly.

I really wanted to get a bikini, but seeing how those yukatas were prized, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be getting one anytime soon withh the money I had anyways... sigh. I guess I'll have to try the gacha for the first time, but I'll wait a couple days and scan the shops.

Kirukia
Jul 31, 2012, 11:52 PM
Pffff.

I had some money yesterday but I noticed I had enough for a Clarita Visas (the pink rod from PS0, I believe, not the magical girl one) and just went for it. I love that rod and it matches my character perfectly.

I really wanted to get a bikini, but seeing how those yukatas were prized, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be getting one anytime soon withh the money I had anyways... sigh. I guess I'll have to try the gacha for the first time, but I'll wait a couple days and scan the shops.

PSP, it's Emilia's rod.
I do love it though I'm jealous :( I might save up for it.

Darki
Aug 1, 2012, 12:57 AM
It was not "that" expensive, around 400k, but I'm pretty poor usually. I don't even know how the hell do I do it to not go over the 1M line EVER. My girlfriend plays the same time than me, we do the same missions, we both pick all the drops, she even spends all the time grinding while I don't (I sell all my grinders and synthetizers, I don't care about grinding at this point, maybe after they put the sub-classes and I know what exactly I'm going to use), and yet, highest amount I've ever had has been like 500k, and she had around 2M yesterday.

@_@

I suppose I spend more money than her in bits and tips, like some dresses (but never buy anything over 100k, and I just bought 2 <_<) and renewing weapons.

On the other hand, I'm usually poor as fuck because I have no "sense of business" whatsoever. I'm sloppy putting the shop up, I'm sloppy keeping stuff there and I get bored like hell when I gotta scan the shops to change my prices accordingly. If I could, i'd hire someone to do it for me and keep a % of the savings.

Now, seriously, any good seller could give me some tips? <_<

Xaeris
Aug 1, 2012, 01:01 AM
The best tip I could give you that might actually be helpful is "don't underestimate what you can sell." Affixes can make even trash weapons semi valuable since they can be used as fodder for synthesis. I'm not talking money bags here; maybe upper four/lower 5 figures, but get familiar with what sells at a good rate (Transmizer Soul is pretty hot atm) and watch out for it on the items you pick up.

Arika
Aug 1, 2012, 01:02 AM
It was not "that" expensive, around 400k, but I'm pretty poor usually. I don't even know how the hell do I do it to not go over the 1M line EVER. My girlfriend plays the same time than me, we do the same missions, we both pick all the drops, she even spends all the time grinding while I don't (I sell all my grinders and synthetizers, I don't care about grinding at this point, maybe after they put the sub-classes and I know what exactly I'm going to use), and yet, highest amount I've ever had has been like 500k, and she had around 2M yesterday.

@_@

I suppose I spend more money than her in bits and tips, like some dresses (but never buy anything over 100k, and I just bought 2 <_<) and renewing weapons.

On the other hand, I'm usually poor as fuck because I have no "sense of business" whatsoever. I'm sloppy putting the shop up, I'm sloppy keeping stuff there and I get bored like hell when I gotta scan the shops to change my prices accordingly. If I could, i'd hire someone to do it for me and keep a % of the savings.

Now, seriously, any good seller could give me some tips? <_<

Tip = any unit with Maizer soul on it = sell for 70k market price.

Dan Maku
Aug 1, 2012, 02:16 AM
DING, FRIES MAINTANENCE ARE DONE.

Also, about the Rappy suit: you can still get it, but only if you buy a 3000AC scratch ticket. :P

iwerkout
Aug 1, 2012, 02:20 AM
Tip = any unit with Maizer soul on it = sell for 70k market price.

True, because I will be buying it. X3

luca_maygrinn
Aug 1, 2012, 05:33 AM
the school version mizugi and the speedos need to be implemented if they're still thinking of showing off their summer collection. I mean, it's been pretty standard with their other expansions, why will PSO2 be any different?

Also, I'm looking forward to getting a Frozen Tuna even if my class can't use it.
I'll keep it in storage.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 05:46 AM
Also, I'm looking forward to getting a Frozen Tuna even if my class can't use it.
I'll keep it in storage.

All classes can equip Space Tuna

luca_maygrinn
Aug 1, 2012, 05:47 AM
Isn't it a SWORD-type weapon?
If rangers can use it, then all the more reason for me to want it.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 05:49 AM
Isn't it a SWORD-type weapon?
If rangers can use it, then all the more reason for me to want it.

It's the same for things like Bouquet Rifle, Soul Eater partisan, Duel Gaze card
Just can't set PA's if you're the wrong class

gigawuts
Aug 1, 2012, 05:54 AM
I had a feeling it was all-class, that's why I got one with lucky rise in addition to the meseta fever II.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 05:58 AM
I had a feeling it was all-class, that's why I got one with lucky rise in addition to the meseta fever II.

Someone should identify one with Meseta Fever 1 chosen, and see if it turns out like Zanba/Axion do with EXP Boost

gigawuts
Aug 1, 2012, 06:01 AM
Oh, does it stack on those? That's cool.

Dan Maku
Aug 6, 2012, 10:57 PM
Bumping this thread to remind everyone that maintenance will go down this Tuesday at 10PM EST so the Floating Continent will be added. :3

sugarFO
Aug 6, 2012, 11:04 PM
Bumping this thread to remind everyone that maintenance will go down this Tuesday at 10PM EST so the Floating Continent will be added. :3

TUESDAY!! Wooooow. Sooo close to this update. I'm seriously going to be scrambling to get the new missions done so I can farm the heck out of this place!

Jungo Torii
Aug 6, 2012, 11:16 PM
Can't wait to get a look at The Floating Islands.

...Unfortunately, the day the game updates is also the day school starts for me, so I have to wait until the afternoon.

Urghhhhhhh.

Mike
Aug 6, 2012, 11:19 PM
Ah for the day to come when people remember that Wednesday is weekly maintenance day.

BIG OLAF
Aug 6, 2012, 11:20 PM
Ah for the day to come when people remember that Wednesday is weekly maintenance day.

"Tuesday" at 10:00 PM (Eastern USA) doesn't really sound like "Wednesday" to me. I mean, sure, the maintenance stretches into early Wednesday morning, but I wouldn't call that "Wednesday" in it's entirety...

Valkyrie Lovrina
Aug 6, 2012, 11:23 PM
can't wait, Its gonna be fun in no exploding Barrel land. :D

Mike
Aug 6, 2012, 11:27 PM
"Tuesday" at 10:00 PM (Eastern USA) doesn't really sound like "Wednesday" to me. I mean, sure, the maintenance stretches into early Wednesday morning, but I wouldn't call that "Wednesday" in it's entirety...
Well, it's Wednesday in Japan and Wednesday for me but the important thing is that people need to remember when it is for them.

JeyKama
Aug 6, 2012, 11:46 PM
can't wait, Its gonna be fun in no exploding Barrel land. :D

Watch, you'll be able to jump off islands AND the mobs can knock you off.*

* I take no responsibility if this actually happens.

D-Inferno
Aug 7, 2012, 12:17 AM
They better release Megid and perhaps Gimegid or Ramegid this update so Forces can hit the Dark weak enemies.

goldwing
Aug 7, 2012, 12:39 AM
Welp im ready to start hateing koffe again :/ im looking forwerd to the new units tho.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 11:20 AM
Welp im ready to start hateing koffe again :/ im looking forwerd to the new units tho.

What does Koffee have to do with this? Are you mad cause she's going to want you to S rank the Mines? So what?

Mines are EASY MODO, bro.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah, the only quests that were really bad from Koffie were the random ones (Ore Gathering comes to mind here) and the 90/90/90 level cap one. The rest are pretty much easy-peasy.

On-topic: I am looking forward to this area, but what I really want to see is the big update with the classes and new techs (GIVE ME MY MEGID CURSE YOUUU *ahem*).

Gardios
Aug 7, 2012, 01:19 PM
Gah, I still haven't done the mines yet... =|

zemog
Aug 7, 2012, 01:24 PM
I'm in Volcano area... will floating island be for high level players only?

jooozek
Aug 7, 2012, 01:25 PM
.Yes.

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 01:58 PM
are they really going to ignore lv20-29 content? adsfdsfads

Gardios
Aug 7, 2012, 02:06 PM
Maybe they're giving us Normal Iceberg for that level range... someday.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 02:07 PM
are they really going to ignore lv20-29 content? adsfdsfads

Considering the fact that most people have already reached 30+ by this point, yes. That wouldn't really make much sense anyway, would it?

"Hey! Here's new content! Let's focus on the lower levels rather than progressing forward!"

Polly
Aug 7, 2012, 02:18 PM
Considering the fact that most people have already reached 30+ by this point, yes. That wouldn't really make much sense anyway, would it?

"Hey! Here's new content! Let's focus on the lower levels rather than progressing forward!"

I don't really think they need to "focus" on 20-29 content. It however DOES need expanded. No Normal quests for Tundra and Tunnels is just mind boggling. I'm not sure how restricting folks in the 20-29 range to Forest, Volcano, Desert, and the odd City mission seems like a great idea. You really start to feel that burn on a second class or character.

There's nothing wrong with a focus on the "endgame" and higher level content, but that big ass 20-29 gap there in the middle just seems really weird.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 02:25 PM
I don't really think they need to "focus" on 20-29 content. It however DOES need expanded. No Normal quests for Tundra and Tunnels is just mind boggling. I'm not sure how restricting folks in the 20-29 range to Forest, Volcano, Desert, and the odd City mission seems like a great idea. You really start to feel that burn on a second class or character.

There's nothing wrong with a focus on the "endgame" and higher level content, but that big ass 20-29 gap there in the middle just seems really weird.

Eh, I got my levels in the desert/volcano, so I don't really see the problem. I mean, sure, it would be nice if they expanded upon the Tundra, but if people were able to reach 30 without them before, then how is that any different now? It can still be done. Plus, there are more than enough client orders you can do to help you.

The gap is weird and I can see how it would be disappointing to be in their position, but I would be even more disappointed if they decided to focus on that gap rather than "endgame" material instead. If a choice had to be made, I'm glad they chose this one, honestly.

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 02:29 PM
leveling other classes or characters, yes. especially if i'm playing with a friend who started later than me. just because sega forced us through the misery doesn't mean other people should.

from the looks of it, all their endgame stuff is already done, we just have to wait for them to dripfeed us.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 02:52 PM
Uh... no. All of the stuff coming down the pipe is new. It's not like PSU where all the content was already on the disc and just being unlocked.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2012, 03:01 PM
Uh... no. All of the stuff coming down the pipe is new. It's not like PSU where all the content was already on the disc and just being unlocked.

However, it could all be 90 to 100% completed already.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 03:10 PM
Sure... for the stuff that's in the immediate coming update, because, y'know, it's being released tonight.

Anything past that is likely just coming off the drawing board, however.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 03:13 PM
leveling other classes or characters, yes. especially if i'm playing with a friend who started later than me. just because sega forced us through the misery doesn't mean other people should.

from the looks of it, all their endgame stuff is already done, we just have to wait for them to dripfeed us.

Why can't you level your other classes or characters how you leveled your first? It obviously worked the first time, so what's the problem? I understand you're wanting a more convenient way to level, but to say this is "misery" is a bit of an exaggeration.

I'm sure these other people will be fine. Trust me. The leveling is not that hard in this game, lol. Try going back a few years and playing Ragnarok Online with a 1x 1x 1x system and dealing with only receiving .10 (and this would be from a boss, mind you) or .01% (after killing 5 or more enemies no less) for exp once you reach a certain point, then you can talk about "misery" and how hard levels are to obtain.

Compared to that, this game is a cakewalk.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2012, 03:19 PM
Anything past that is likely just coming off the drawing board, however.

No, not really. Stuff basically has to be done for the upcoming year because it's not like they can just whip up areas and monsters and everything from scratch in 2 weeks.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 03:33 PM
Obviously, but that's still nothing close to the 90-100% completed you're purporting they would be.

Any of the stuff on the update schedule is at varying stages of completion, and even if they are complete, that doesn't mean they're release-worthy.

My point is simply that this stuff is new, it's fresh, and it's not already all on our hard drives like it was for PSU.

Dan Maku
Aug 7, 2012, 03:33 PM
What does Koffee have to do with this? Are you mad cause she's going to want you to S rank the Mines? So what?

It's not just that: once you complete the quests to unlock a field, chances are you'd STILL be two low a level to go to it. I have the Tundra freefield unlocked, but I have to be level 33 to get there, and I'm only level 31. D:

At least the grind won't be as soul-crushing as the grind from 20 to 30.

Heat Haze
Aug 7, 2012, 03:39 PM
The grind from 20 to 30 was just terrible first time around for my Force.

Now? Nothing but City and Franka's Client Orders and my HU sits at level 37. I get to be lazy AND make some progress; sounds good to me.

Also, thanks to whoever bumped the thread up. A reminder is always nice before people explode into fury wondering why a weekly maintenance is so unexpected.

Flame
Aug 7, 2012, 03:50 PM
Eh, I got my levels in the desert/volcano, so I don't really see the problem. I mean, sure, it would be nice if they expanded upon the Tundra, but if people were able to reach 30 without them before, then how is that any different now? It can still be done. Plus, there are more than enough client orders you can do to help you.

The gap is weird and I can see how it would be disappointing to be in their position, but I would be even more disappointed if they decided to focus on that gap rather than "endgame" material instead. If a choice had to be made, I'm glad they chose this one, honestly.

So because you made your way through the shit hole, everyone has to. Yes, people CAN get to level 30 with only forest, caves, desert, but it is extremely dull and needlessly redundant. If it's in their capabilities to fix problems like this, then they should. I would MUCH rather have a more evenly paced game than one where all the good stuff is out of reach.

The game should just let you play what you have earned. The reason they put these level caps in place is because people would burn through all 6 levels in a heartbeat and do none of the client orders. Which is also their fault. It's all about game design people.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 03:59 PM
It's not just that: once you complete the quests to unlock a field, chances are you'd STILL be two low a level to go to it. I have the Tundra freefield unlocked, but I have to be level 33 to get there, and I'm only level 31. D:

At least the grind won't be as soul-crushing as the grind from 20 to 30.

True, but you still have the desert, lol. Go get that exp :lol:

So because you made your way through the shit hole, everyone has to. Yes, people CAN get to level 30 with only forest, caves, desert, but it is extremely dull and needlessly redundant. If it's in their capabilities to fix problems like this, then they should. I would MUCH rather have a more evenly paced game than one where all the good stuff is out of reach.

The game should just let you play what you have earned. The reason they put these level caps in place is because people would burn through all 6 levels in a heartbeat and do none of the client orders. Which is also their fault. It's all about game design people.

Sooo... leveling is a "shit hole" now, is it? I'm starting to think maybe you have a problem gaining exp if you truly find it to be this excruciatingly difficult, lol. "dull and needlessly redundant", huh? You're obviously new to these online RPGs, aren't you? Leveling generally stops being fun after a certain point and becomes just a pastime :P

I don't think you're so much complaining about the fact that SoJ is skipping out on creating more opportunities for exp as you are that you're complaining about the effort involved in leveling. I'm sure you'd still be sitting here bitching even with additional areas to gain exp from.

It's not their fault you find the process to be "dull and needlessly redundant", so yes, I do believe others should have to go through the "shit hole" and level up just like I did. Exp is exp. You don't want to level up? That's your fault, not the company's.

It's not as if you don't have any opportunities for exp at all. I mean, come on. I understand wanting more options, but geez... you just blew it the fuck up, bro, lol.

Gardios
Aug 7, 2012, 04:13 PM
Leveling isn't a shit hole, grinding because of bad design is. You pretty much always had COs pre-25 to have a goal while leveling, but not so much from 25 onward - all you do is kill monsters in MPAs to get to 30. That's hardly any fun, compared to all the levels beforehand. It wouldn't even be bad it were just one or two levels, but having to do it five levels in a row IS dull and needlessly redundant. SEGA most certainly should care about this because if you don't want to level up, you're also playing less and are less likely to spend money on the game.

Seriously, they don't even need to give us a completely new area for the 20-30 level ragne - giving us Normal Mode Iceberg should be sufficient already so you can at least work on your Matter Board.

Flame
Aug 7, 2012, 04:17 PM
Sooo... leveling is a "shit hole" now, is it? I'm starting to think maybe you have a problem gaining exp if you truly find it to be this excruciatingly difficult, lol. "dull and needlessly redundant", huh? You're obviously new to these online RPGs, aren't you? Leveling generally stops being fun after a certain point and becomes just a pastime :P

I don't think you're so much complaining about the fact that SoJ is skipping out on creating more opportunities for exp as you are that you're complaining about the effort involved in leveling. I'm sure you'd still be sitting here bitching even with additional areas to gain exp from.

It's not their fault you find the process to be "dull and needlessly redundant", so yes, I do believe others should have to go through the "shit hole" and level up just like I did. Exp is exp. You don't want to level up? That's your fault, not the company's.

It's not as if you don't have any opportunities for exp at all. I mean, come on. I understand wanting more options, but geez... you just blew it the fuck up, bro, lol.

blew up? There's nary an exclamation point in my post. What I want is for the game design to be a little better at levels 20-29. Give us things to look forward to in that level range! I may be new to MMOs but I'm no stranger to PSO. In PSO the real grinding only starts once you've beaten very hard mode at around lv 40. And it wasn't because you couldn't GO to ultimate if you wished, it was because you were going to get your ass kicked if you did. It's the level locks that need to go. I'm going to WANT to grind if theres a challenge I'm building up to over come.

I'd like to think that these aren't the crazy ramblings of an insatiable monster.

pikachief
Aug 7, 2012, 04:20 PM
Yea just make beat desert free field in under some time limit to unlock tundra normal and keeP the current way to unlock tundra for unlocking tundra hard mode

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 04:26 PM
I've played my fair share of mmos, so I know how bad it can get. I don't necessarily want a faster or more convenient way of leveling per say, but boring is boring. As Gardios mentioned, a normal mode tundra would probably satisfy, and it shouldn't delay endgame content. Seems like a simple fix no?

Anyways, I was just complaining for the sake of complaining. ignore me. adfdasffads

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 04:29 PM
Open up normal tundra, or lower level requirements for hard free field forest and caves.

Content gap problem solved.

You can also easily adjust the levels of enemies in areas and increase the XP yields of client orders for that level range.

Leveling 20-30 is shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. Even if some people are being dramatic, why would Sega ever push away players in a F2P game?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2012, 04:41 PM
The main issue is having to do Free Forest with a gunslash in order to get like 8 client orders that are all level 20-30, which only benefits people leveling up a 2nd class
They need to put that at the end of the unlock order

supersonix9
Aug 7, 2012, 04:43 PM
Scrolling through these pages, I see so many unnecessary comments.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 04:46 PM
Yeeeeah... all I'm still getting from this thread at this point is:

"Leveling is too hard! Please spoonfeed me exp so I don't feel so bad grinding!"

We only have 40 levels and people are already bitching about things being "slow" ? For fuck's sake, lol. Grow a pair.

I really wonder what these guys are going to be saying by the time the cap is raised to 100. Oh wait... they probably won't be around for that. *facepalm*

EDIT:
Scrolling through these pages, I see so many unnecessary comments.

Tack yours onto that list for being unconstructive as well :3

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 04:47 PM
The main issue is having to do Free Forest with a gunslash in order to get like 8 client orders that are all level 20-30, which only benefits people leveling up a 2nd class
They need to put that at the end of the unlock order

Wait...I

Is THAT where all the client orders for that level range are? I still haven't done those, oh god.

Well at least the 20-30 gap won't suck as hard for the last 2.5 levels of ranger on this char.

"Leveling is too hard! Please spoonfeed me exp so I don't feel so bad grinding!"

We only have 40 levels and people are already bitching about things being "slow" ? For fuck's sake, lol. Grow a pair.

I really wonder what these guys are going to be saying by the time the cap is raised to 100. Oh wait... they probably won't be around for that. *facepalm*

EDIT:

Some people don't like running the same content for dozens of hours. It's weird, right? Some people like changes of scenery.

Flame
Aug 7, 2012, 04:51 PM

something taking too long is NOT the issue here. It's that there isn't a sense of accomplishment or incentive to keep playing for ten levels straight.

supersonix9
Aug 7, 2012, 04:53 PM

But yours aren't and haven't been in the first place. You've posted in this thread...how many more times than I have?

Angelo
Aug 7, 2012, 05:00 PM
I play the game fairly 'casually'.

At the risk of ruffling some feathers here, I consider the rate I play to be that of a 'normal' player, who is into the game.

I buy a small amount of AC, and play for maybe an hour or so a day. I play the game to enjoy it, and don't really rush anything.

I just hit 37 last night, and just unlocked Tunnels about 3 days ago and I've been playing since launch. I think the pacing of content is matching pretty perfectly in-sync with my playstyle.

I'm never really bored, and I feel some of the 'mandatory' client orders flesh out the game without being too impeding.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 05:34 PM
I still don't really understand the complaints about 20-30. I find so much to do between client orders, matter board jobs, and emergency events (alongside miscellaneous goals I set for myself) that I never even notice a real "grind". In fact, I hit level 30 without even really trying for it on my hunter because I did so many client orders and emergency missions (although having to finish that last stretch of desert for the 90/90/90 CO was kind of irritating, I'll admit).

I don't think any game really holds up for many dozens of hours of extended play, however, so that may be where the complaints are coming from...

darkante
Aug 7, 2012, 05:40 PM
City and Desert Multiparties comboed with client orders made it go fast for me.

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 05:41 PM
if memory serves, i thought matter board, and most good client orders were locked until hard mode/30/tundra. and i never did very many emergency duties/multiparties so screw you pse bursts.

better idea yet, sega needs to implement PSE BURST BOSS MODE.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:01 PM
SO. MUCH. TUNA.

edit: keep it in your pants, Hosaka.

Silver Crow
Aug 7, 2012, 09:04 PM
did the August 8th maintenance just start?

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 09:05 PM
Yes, maintenance has begun.

Hosaka
Aug 7, 2012, 09:05 PM
SO. MUCH. TUNA.

edit: keep it in your pants, Hosaka.

What the hell? I haven't even posted in this thread! >_>

Enforcer MKV
Aug 7, 2012, 09:06 PM
did the August 8th maintenance just start?

Yup. New content, here we come~

EDIT: Drat, ninja'd again.

I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you, Zyru! *shakes fist jokingly*

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:06 PM
My game froze when loaded out of the lobby to turn in quests and when it finished and let me press PRTSCRN to get a cap of ALL the tuna in the b20 lobby, I got 630'd.

srsly. Way too much tuna... lol

iwerkout
Aug 7, 2012, 09:08 PM
Nope. The servers are being shut down permanently.

Enjoy the rest of your life. :)

Hosaka
My game froze when loaded out of the lobby to turn in quests and when it finished and let me press PRTSCRN to get a cap of ALL the tuna in the b20 lobby, I got 630'd.

srsly. Way too much tuna... lol

Oh, lol. Yeah, ceremonial pre-maint lobby spam.

Wonder how many blacklists I'm on now. :V

Skye-Fox713
Yup. New content, here we come~

EDIT: Drat, ninja'd again.

I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you, Zyru! *shakes fist jokingly*

indeed should be interesting.

cheapgunner
Aug 7, 2012, 09:09 PM
Well, good I suppose. Just 10+ a dark elemental sword I've had for a while about 5 or so minutes b4 maintenience started. :)

Mikura
Aug 7, 2012, 09:10 PM
SO. MUCH. TUNA.

Yep. Servers went down in a blaze of tuna.

Also noticed this lovely individual in the lobby as well.

[spoiler-box]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/Nejikun834/PSO2%20Album/pso22012-08-0721-54-32-28.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:11 PM
Oh, lol. Yeah, ceremonial pre-maint lobby spam.

Wonder how many blacklists I'm on now. :V

You'll never be on mine~ :love:

Now I have time to get some AC so I can get a new mag and fix my talent tree... I have S-ATK points instead of JA points because my mag is a hodgepodge. I have like 7 S-ATK... No excuses from me now! I'm gonna get some AC this time!

...this time. Maybe. Hmm, I wonder if NCIS is on TV... or maybe they are doing an encore of Planet of the Apes...

Metaru
Aug 7, 2012, 09:11 PM
*Almost kkilled Vol Dragon, gets hit tries to heal..."You have been disconnected.."*
[SPOILER-BOX]http://lickthestranger.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/mother-of-god-meme.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
What will do now!? .................................................. ...............

[SPOILER-BOX]https://openclipart.org/people/GenX/Fap-meme.svg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:14 PM
What will do now!? .................................................. ...............

[SPOILER-BOX]https://openclipart.org/people/GenX/Fap-meme.svg[/SPOILER-BOX]
I'm still trying to get over the death by tuna.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/Hg3fy.gif[/spoiler-box]

Metaru
Aug 7, 2012, 09:17 PM
I'm still trying to get over the death by tuna.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/Hg3fy.gif[/spoiler-box]

Not impossible to fap to.

Skye-Fox713
Aug 7, 2012, 09:33 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199492

well this sucks.

disabledflaw
Aug 7, 2012, 10:14 PM
it says it's forbidden to play from a terminal that is not in Japan. It is also forbidden to play from a foreign terminal that is connected to a terminal in Japan..... at least that's what I'm reading.

I believe it actually means about Customer service.....like if you break your computer because of connecting from overseas or something then they are not gonna be responsible for it or if someone hacks you overseas.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 10:15 PM
Seriously, guys, stop discussing this. That thread was locked for a reason.

Ueno54
Aug 7, 2012, 10:15 PM
Looks like you guys can start downloading patch.

disabledflaw
Aug 7, 2012, 10:19 PM
Well I'm translating what it says unlike everyone else using google. I believe its for responsibility purposes only. It's the same as xbox saying do not mod your xbox or we cant help you when it craps out

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 10:26 PM

Oh wow this is a huge patch. Ya'll better get started now, it looks like it'll be downloading for a while.

inb4terribleAT&Tinternet

Metaru
Aug 7, 2012, 10:26 PM
Oh wow this is a huge patch. Ya'll better get started now, it looks like it'll be downloading for a while.

inb4terribleAT&Tinternet

i think you forgot http://

sugarFO
Aug 7, 2012, 10:30 PM
Well I'm translating what it says unlike everyone else using google. I believe its for responsibility purposes only. It's the same as xbox saying do not mod your xbox or we cant help you when it craps out

This makes sense. Thank you for translating for us.

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 10:32 PM
it says it's forbidden to play from a terminal that is not in Japan. It is also forbidden to play from a foreign terminal that is connected to a terminal in Japan..... at least that's what I'm reading.

I believe it actually means about Customer service.....like if you break your computer because of connecting from overseas or something then they are not gonna be responsible for it or if someone hacks you overseas.

So, in a nutshell, it says

"You can play the game, but we can't help you with any customer support issues"?

disabledflaw
I can literally translate it for you but i mean it could mean many different things as one word can mean different things. It says Kinshishimasu which means ban but it also means look down apon or forbidden......

Metaru
So, in a nutshell, it says

"You can play the game, but we can't help you with any customer support issues"?

Then again do we need them to?

Valkyrie Lovrina
I'm about half way done with the download. hope I don't have to fight Big Vader with Randoms. :(

Macman
Aug 7, 2012, 10:33 PM
Server's getting hammered so hard that I'm barely getting line activity while downloading. ^^;

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 10:36 PM
Not impossible to fap to.
Try this on for size.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/2P8Fs.jpg

Magashi x Bruce OTP[/spoiler-box]

Limbo_lag
Aug 7, 2012, 10:36 PM
I'm about half way done with the download. hope I don't have to fight Big Vader with Randoms. :(

Well...I could lend a hand (in the same boat...). Hopefully we can still play at all though. And hopefully having an English name won't affect us :/

Metaru
Aug 7, 2012, 10:37 PM
Try this on for size.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/2P8Fs.jpg

Magashi x Bruce OTP[/spoiler-box]

[SPOILER-BOX]..... http://lickthestranger.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/mother-of-god-meme.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Aeris
Aug 7, 2012, 10:39 PM
Well...I could lend a hand (in the same boat...). Hopefully we can still play at all though. And hopefully having an English name won't affect us :/

Seen japanese players with english names though

Metaru
Aug 7, 2012, 10:40 PM
So wait the server's bck up? im gettin an error code still.

Macman
Aug 7, 2012, 10:40 PM
Server isn't back up, you can preload the update, though.

Metaru
Aug 7, 2012, 10:41 PM
Oh so gettin that pop up is normal?

Macman
Aug 7, 2012, 10:42 PM
Which pop up? There's many that can come from the launcher.

Metaru
Aug 7, 2012, 10:43 PM
an error code.

Macman
Aug 7, 2012, 10:44 PM
I got an error 105 the first time I tried launching (assuming it's just a "lost connection" error)

Clicked start again and it's downloading the update.

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 7, 2012, 10:46 PM
New field and enemies must be HUGE PACKETS OF DATA, SO HUGE. This update is taking a fair bit longer than even the Tunnels one took.

Metaru
Well im gettin error 103

disabledflaw
its still in maintenance. they let you update before servers are up

Aeris

inb4terribleAT&Tinternet

Quoted for the truth since that is my ISP .-.

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 10:47 PM
Well im gettin error 103

oh god then it is true they've banned us all

until 4 AM EST when maintenance usually ends

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 10:47 PM
Either the update is enormous or their servers are just getting hammered.

One or the other.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 10:48 PM
The client-side patch(models and such) are available the second the server goes offline. Applying the patch and making sure it works is where the 6 hours of maintenance comes from.

Metaru
Aug 7, 2012, 10:48 PM
oh god then it is true they've banned us all

until 4 AM EST when maintenance usually ends

Nah bro. My connection just sucks. Apparently

Limbo_lag
Aug 7, 2012, 10:50 PM
Seen japanese players with english names though

It might still draw attention towards us though. All it would take is a few reports :(

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 10:51 PM
It might still draw attention towards us though. All it would take is a few reports :(

oh god stop with this

disabledflaw
Aug 7, 2012, 10:54 PM
I thought maintenance wasn't supposed to end for like another 4 more hours?

Dan Maku
Aug 7, 2012, 10:58 PM
PROTIP: Sega allows players to patch games during maintenance. Just because you can update the game doesn't mean the servers are back up.

gravure
Aug 7, 2012, 10:59 PM
Oh just to give you guys a heads up (maybe someone else can confirm this ) after I finished patching and <.< you know applying the eng patch. I tried going in game I got an error I retried for a bit decided to do a file check and it was fixed, I was able to get to the servers. The point I'm trying to make is I think the eng patch is broken.

disabledflaw
Aug 7, 2012, 11:00 PM
PROTIP: Sega allows players to patch games during maintenance. Just because you can update the game doesn't mean the servers are back up.

Thanks but I did mention it earlier. I was just saying cause everyone was asking about not being able to connect :P

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 11:00 PM
Oh just to give you guys a heads up (maybe someone else can confirm this ) after I finished patching and <.< you know applying the eng patch. I tried going in game I got an error I retried for a bit decided to do a file check and it was fixed, I was able to get to the servers. The point I'm trying to make is I think the eng patch is broken.

ya that was probably going to happen

if they don't come out with a fix within the next day or so then something went wrong

Mikura
Aug 7, 2012, 11:03 PM
I was afraid the eng. patch was going to be screwed after this update. Oh well, it's not like I can't navigate the game without it.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 11:05 PM
I was afraid the eng. patch was going to be screwed after this update. Oh well, it's not like I can't navigate the game without it.

Back in my day we ALT+TAB'd and read each and every little japanese character and lined it up in-game with what was in HTML and verified it by reward, and # of kills to make sure it was the right quest we had selected or were on and that we were killing the right stuff.

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

And we LIKED it.

sugarFO
Aug 7, 2012, 11:07 PM
Back in my day we ALT+TAB'd and read each and every little japanese character and lined it up in-game with what was in HTML and verified it by reward, and # of kills to make sure it was the right quest we had selected or were on and that we were killing the right stuff.

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

And we LIKED it.

Ahaha. Back in PSU I had PSUPedia up AT ALL TIMES because I would get sooo lost trying to find certain lobbies for certain quests. I would be teleporting for a while until I found exactly how to get to where. Lol... glad it's easier in PSO2 now.

goldwing
Aug 7, 2012, 11:08 PM

E yep. Mines may b easy her quest just arent my cup of tea.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 11:12 PM
Koffie will want you to kill...

50 Gilnach
50 Gilnas
50 De Malmoth
50 King Yede
50 Tranmizer
50 Caterdran

OH, and because she is a bitch she will require 1,000 pieces of data from each free zone.

Mikura
Aug 7, 2012, 11:15 PM

50 Gilnach
50 Gilnas
50 De Malmoth
50 King Yede
50 Tranmizer
50 Caterdran

OH, and because she is a bitch she will require 1,000 pieces of data from each free zone.

Don't say that...otherwise, it'll really happen. >.<

goldwing
Aug 7, 2012, 11:15 PM

50 Gilnach
50 Gilnas
50 De Malmoth
50 King Yede
50 Tranmizer
50 Caterdran

Have u seen a grown man cry??? Would u like to see one cry now???

Aeris
Aug 7, 2012, 11:16 PM

Thats because more newer data has been applyed to the client lately so it doesn't work again after it.

Macman
Aug 7, 2012, 11:17 PM
New field and enemies must be HUGE PACKETS OF DATA, SO HUGE. This update is taking a fair bit longer than even the Tunnels one took.

I think the files for tunnels were added along with the tundra update, which would be why the patch was so short when they decided to make tunnels accessible.

ShinMaruku
Aug 7, 2012, 11:19 PM
It doesn't matter if you post this in advance, when maintenance starts there will be at LEAST 2 threads bitching about being cut off the game for the maintenance that "snuck up" on them.

(⌐■益■)> /̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

iwerkout
Aug 7, 2012, 11:29 PM

50 Gilnach
50 Gilnas
50 De Malmoth
50 King Yede
50 Tranmizer
50 Caterdran

http://fortnightlitpress.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/knapp01.png?w=480

May take a week, but it's totally possible. Btw, better unlock level 80 or something.

Arika
Aug 7, 2012, 11:34 PM
We know that it gonna be just S rank free mine mission within easy time limit again.

cheapgunner
Aug 8, 2012, 12:31 AM
Hoping I can run with a fast group on ship 02. Last time I didn't meet the lvl requirement for mines and had a hard time. Not to mention, I have yet to actually face Vahdar and complete the mission (No one wanta to fight him at all in any party I try and join). >.>