PDA

View Full Version : Signed in and was asked for a code?

Epicfailguy
Aug 1, 2012, 03:09 AM
i signed in and when i did i was given a small box to fill in with a code i guess i checked my email and had a 8 digit code i copy pasted it in the slot and it worked does anyone know what that was for?

SageMaster
Aug 1, 2012, 03:12 AM
I was also asked for a code, except I received no email from them. The buttons don't do anything except DC me, so I'm pretty much stuck. I checked all my emails folders also.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 1, 2012, 03:13 AM
i signed in and when i did i was given a small box to fill in with a code i guess i checked my email and had a 8 digit code i copy pasted it in the slot and it worked does anyone know what that was for?

You changed IP/computer recently, it's for security make sure some one isn't stealing your account.

Of course, if the thief has access to your email then they've pretty much got your account.

Blackheart521
Aug 1, 2012, 03:15 AM
If this was the first time you have logged in then the screen you were at was your Account Name you get to pick. ^^;

Edit: Nevermind, was ninja'd by the correct answer.

Epicfailguy
Aug 1, 2012, 03:19 AM
thanks guys i received two of them for some reason but the first one worked

SageMaster
Aug 1, 2012, 03:27 AM
So yea, I received item code emails, but still no authentication code

_Nue
Aug 1, 2012, 03:31 AM
So yea, I received item code emails, but still no authentication code

Never received the item code emails yet, and I have the same problem as well. Requested authentication code, but never got the email. I haven't even switched computers or anything.

lunarsoul
Aug 1, 2012, 03:35 AM
I just had to do this, I signed in like always at that code screen came up. I didnt change anything, same house, same internet, same computer. I think its just a new security measure. Anyways I just clicked on the buttons for some reason (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and then checked my email. There was the email from PSO2 right at the top. In it, it should have a bunch of Japanese writing but a 5 letter ABC code. Just use it, press enter and you are back online slaying Rappies.

SageMaster
Aug 1, 2012, 03:57 AM
I just had to do this, I signed in like always at that code screen came up. I didnt change anything, same house, same internet, same computer. I think its just a new security measure. Anyways I just clicked on the buttons for some reason (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and then checked my email. There was the email from PSO2 right at the top. In it, it should have a bunch of Japanese writing but a 5 letter ABC code. Just use it, press enter and you are back online slaying Rappies.
The last button sends you the email. But it only gives me a error code without sending anything. I've tried everything.

_Nue
Aug 1, 2012, 03:59 AM
The last button sends you the email. But it only gives me a error code without sending anything. I've tried everything.

The code says it has sent the email, but nothing is received or sent. Maybe we have to be a little more patient?

lunarsoul
Aug 1, 2012, 04:02 AM
Hopefully you guys remember the email address you used when you signed up for PSO2. lol.

Ana-Chan
Aug 1, 2012, 04:37 AM
You changed IP/computer recently, it's for security make sure some one isn't stealing your account.

Of course, if the thief has access to your email then they've pretty much got your account.

It isn't IP. I'm on a dynamic IP address for my ISP and I've only ever been presented with that authentication twice. Once when I used my account on another computer, and the other when I installed Virtual Machine software which added virtual network adaptors.
The game checks hardware on the system you first log on to, and sends a hash of that to the server. If you change the hardware layout, then it is counted as a different system. Not sure how USB drives count in this though.

Hymnir
Aug 1, 2012, 05:41 AM
same problem they didnt send me a code -.-

sry doublepost
maybe its has something to do wih the autentification mail at the begin of the registration?
because of all this japanese i dont understand a hing-.-

ashley50
Aug 1, 2012, 06:14 AM
Well you are playing a Japanese game, thus you will receive a Japanese email.

Hymnir
Aug 1, 2012, 06:16 AM
yes but i dont get a japanese mail thats the problem in this thread here

ashley50
Aug 1, 2012, 06:18 AM
Just wait for it, maybe there's a delay sending it.

Coatl
Aug 1, 2012, 06:55 AM
Sigh..It keeeps sending me another code when the one I get in the mail doesn't work.
Then when I use that code, it doesn't work, and they send me another mail.
:/

EDIT:
Oooh.
I wasn't suppose to press the biggest button this time..

Sylpheed
Aug 1, 2012, 06:57 AM
I got this shit as well. How do you get them to send you the authentication email?

Hymnir
Aug 1, 2012, 07:51 AM
when you log in the big long bar
when he asks you to type the code.
but they dont send me a code-.-

Akumetsu
Aug 1, 2012, 08:11 AM
Edit: Umm yea i shoulda checked my other email...

Hymnir
Aug 1, 2012, 09:24 AM
could someone help me to contact the support?can give me an e mail adress plz
i ry google translate maybe they help me

Saffran
Aug 1, 2012, 10:02 AM
Just check the email adress you registered on the sega ID. I got it instantly, but I suppose e-mail servers are not omipotent and sometimes you have to wait a bit.

Also, when the login fails once, you have to go back to the main menu before trying again.

It says IP/computer change, but I didn't change anything. Something's fishy...

Mike
Aug 1, 2012, 10:22 AM
It says IP/computer change, but I didn't change anything. Something's fishy...
I got one as well. Nothing changed either. They're probably trying to weed out throw away or spam accounts but who knows.

Hymnir
Aug 1, 2012, 10:47 AM
yeah and it would really help if someone knows the support e-mail because i gain no e-mail from them but i get those 500 fun points mails.

zemog
Aug 1, 2012, 10:57 AM
So... this is happening to everyone then?

Hymnir
Aug 1, 2012, 11:12 AM
maybe proxy is helping?iam not good at use proxy someone can try it out?

does somebody knows anything that helps?

_Nue
Aug 1, 2012, 02:09 PM
I wonder if Sega knows about this problem. If not, should I prolly reinstall the game?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 02:16 PM
I wonder if Sega knows about this problem. If not, should I prolly reinstall the game?

To get a confirmation e-mail?
Don't know about that
clicking the wide top button in the code window, and checking junk mail are both things that should work

_Nue
Aug 1, 2012, 02:19 PM
To get a confirmation e-mail?
Don't know about that
clicking the wide top button in the code window, and checking junk mail are both things that should work

Sadly, however, most of us with the problem aren't receiving emails.

SageMaster
Aug 1, 2012, 02:25 PM
None of those things have worked for me since the servers came up, so i'm just waiting.

Reiketsu
Aug 1, 2012, 04:20 PM
Hmm... I patched this morning and played a lot, logging into the game two times during the day... now it's night and I wanted to play again and I have the same problem ;_;"
Don't get any e-mail... .__.

NiteShadow
Aug 1, 2012, 06:06 PM
Been waiting on an e-mail for 16 hours..

SageMaster
Aug 1, 2012, 06:08 PM
Been waiting on an e-mail for 16 hours..
Same here pal. Alas, there's nothing we can do except wait. Hopefully sega knows about the issue, if it is one.

Reiketsu
Aug 1, 2012, 06:39 PM
I somehow solved the problem. Maybe it has to do with your address.
I originally had a @aol.com address. Always got the SEGA mails, except for the one that's supposed to give you the verfication code.
I just created a @yahoo.com address and made that my new SEGA ID address.
Instantly received the verfication code.

SageMaster
Aug 1, 2012, 07:01 PM
*Has aol*
Oh lord. I had a feeling that might have been the problem. whelp, time to try that out.

Reiketsu
Aug 1, 2012, 07:04 PM
Well, it definitely worked for me, even though it's still weird... I mean, I got all the other mails just fine with aol, why not this one?

Taurus83
Aug 1, 2012, 07:11 PM
I having problem too while I get the authentication email for my 1st account but my 2nd account account didnt receive any mail from sega when I click resend authentication email many time

Hymnir
Aug 1, 2012, 07:13 PM
gz that it works for you but i dont know how to change the e-mail adress.i dont want o create a new account cuz iam lvl 40.and if i want to change something about my profil they this security answer but i cannot put the word from the picture into the line because of no japenese language ^^

M3rror
Aug 1, 2012, 09:24 PM
You guys dow know you can change the email on the account, right?
Go here: https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=sega
Login of course. Here is a link for the JP captcha http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/katakana.htm

Anyways, click this option I have rectangled after logging in. [SPOILER-BOX]http://oi46.tinypic.com/14uxuzo.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Scroll down till you see this option [SPOILER-BOX]http://oi46.tinypic.com/303k1tz.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Here you will have the e-mail change form. Here's a helpful pic explaining everything you need to do. [SPOILER-BOX]http://oi49.tinypic.com/2rdi5gm.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

All .com e-mail addresses work to my knowledge. Some people just get lucked out, while others do not. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT CLOSE THAT PAGE DOWN! Just in case your new e-mail address doesn't receive the activation e-mail from SEGA. Click on the link in the e-mail you should of just got from SEGA Support to your new address and your new address will be registered.

Try logging back in to PSO2 and resend the code required to verify the computer and what not. My friend tested this and it worked. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU!!

MissNina2012
Aug 1, 2012, 09:40 PM
M3rror, thank you for the information! Now the only problem is, to log into the Sega ID you need to type in your username, password and the letters you see (to prove you're not a bot I suppose) but they're in japanese and I have no idea how to type them in >.< What did your friend do for that part?

Edit: Ooops, nevermind! I just saw what you did there... lol Thank you again!

_Nue
Aug 1, 2012, 10:55 PM
I somehow solved the problem. Maybe it has to do with your address.
I originally had a @aol.com address. Always got the SEGA mails, except for the one that's supposed to give you the verfication code.
I just created a @yahoo.com address and made that my new SEGA ID address.
Instantly received the verfication code.

HOLYSHITTHANKYOUVERYMUCH. Yea it worked for me. I guess I was too stubborn to change from my 7 year old .aim/aol account. But if it's for PSO2, then f*ck yes!

nathanktm
Aug 23, 2012, 01:30 PM
It's under maintenance it says.

Can't change anything.
Spent like 2 hours trying to get the stupid japanese key right. Now this.

Edit- Been a few days trying now. I pretty much learned hiragana now. Pretty awesome. Except for the fact I can't change my password.

JanosA
Aug 24, 2012, 08:37 AM
tag for future use (when they put the info page back online)

SilenWhisper
Jul 31, 2017, 03:14 AM
This needs an update.Everytime I click this
It sends me to the password change section in which there is no mail change option

Altiea
Jul 31, 2017, 03:19 AM
Holy Jesus, did you just necro a 5-year old thread?