PDA

View Full Version : English Patch is out!!!!!!

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 04:01 AM
The English patch is out! I can't link to it as its modifying the game. Just to give the people the heads up.

*Please no one post anything on where the patch can be found. This thread is just to inform.* Please and thank you.

*Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that happens if you use this patch.*

Ce'Nedra
Aug 1, 2012, 04:02 AM
Proof or didn't happen

KEV1N
Aug 1, 2012, 04:02 AM
It's true.

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 04:04 AM
Proof or didn't happen

It's true. Can't give proof as it is "Modifying" game data.

blace
Aug 1, 2012, 04:08 AM
It's quite there, the link is on *removed*. Use at your own risk though.

Ueno54
Aug 1, 2012, 04:08 AM
Looks great. If the guys that worked on it post here I wanna say thanks so much.

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 04:11 AM
It's quite there, the link is on *removed*. Use at your own risk though.

Lol I put that there, I tried it here. But it was removed due to the sites policy. Just trying to spread the word. And YES USE AT OWN RISK!

blace
Aug 1, 2012, 04:13 AM
Lol I put that there, I tried it here. But it was removed due to the sites policy. Just trying to spread the word. And YES USE AT OWN RISK!
It was meant to be a post after Ce'Nedra's but was ninja'd quite a bit.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 1, 2012, 04:13 AM
Saw it too now, i'll wait first and see if people will report in getting banned for it before I even bother.

blace
Aug 1, 2012, 04:18 AM
I can say that it works, but in case there are bans being handed out, create a backup of the win32 folder.

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 04:19 AM
I can say that it works, but in case there are bans being handed out, create a backup of the win32 folder.

Yep did the same. Wanted to have a backup just in case if ANYTHING went wrong.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 1, 2012, 04:23 AM
Rather pointless to use now imo, since I'm already use to everything

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 04:25 AM
Rather pointless to use now imo, since I'm already use to everything

Yea same here, but it's still better now. Now that I can read my options and not just go from memory.

Miyoko
Aug 1, 2012, 04:27 AM
Saw it too now, i'll wait first and see if people will report in getting banned for it before I even bother.

That's my plan, too. Seems like a simple yet wise thing to do.

Fujiko
Aug 1, 2012, 04:29 AM
And they said I was trolling.

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 04:31 AM
And they said I was trolling.

Its okay. Its kinda hard to believe. But the cat is out of the bag for now.

fay
Aug 1, 2012, 04:35 AM
I think i'm going to hold off using it until I see if people are getting banned over it. The Japanese actually helps me learn anyway :)

blace
Aug 1, 2012, 04:36 AM
It's better to stay with the unpatched files. Those that use it will either get caught and banned, or invariably be alienated by everyone else.

KEV1N
Aug 1, 2012, 04:38 AM
If SEGA decide to ban players for using a translation patch then they are effing retarded. Can they even find out if someone's using it?

EvilMag
Aug 1, 2012, 04:42 AM
Only thing you need to be careful

Using the <target>, <class>, <pa>, <technic>, or <area> macros will broadcast the translated message. Do not use them in public parties.

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 04:43 AM
If SEGA decide to ban players for using a translation patch then they are effing retarded. Can they even find out if someone's using it?

Yea i'm with you. Sega would be so stupid if they do. We are enhancing their game. That we give money to. Also I don't think people will know you have it. Unless you run around screaming"Everything is in English now".

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2012, 04:43 AM
So you're waiting till people get banned before you decide whether or not to use it... so you're not using it... while waiting to see if you shouldn't use it... but how do you know if it's safe to use...?????????? D:

blace
Aug 1, 2012, 04:47 AM
So you're waiting till people get banned before you decide whether or not to use it... so you're not using it... while waiting to see if you shouldn't use it... but how do you know if it's safe to use...?????????? D:
Believe it or not, people in block 20 were spamming about it and people spamming for the patch.

It's bound to happen sooner or later.

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 04:47 AM

I guess that makes me the test-dummy. :-P Guess I already am. Spreading it around like crazy.

EvilMag
Aug 1, 2012, 04:49 AM
I'll be the one to test it and if I get banned, it's not like I'll lose much. Only thing that will piss me off is that I would have to do all those client orders to unlock shit again.

gigawuts
Aug 1, 2012, 04:52 AM
I'll be the one to test it and if I get banned, it's not like I'll lose much. Only thing that will piss me off is that I would have to do all those client orders to unlock shit again.

Ugh, so much this. I know I might get banned with all this hacking and AC and address shenaniganry, but is it concerning that instead of losing my meseta and rares I'm more dreading getting from level 20-30 and doing koffee's orders again?

Complex_Jao
Aug 1, 2012, 04:53 AM
cant find it -_-

EvilMag
Aug 1, 2012, 04:53 AM
Ugh, so much this. I know I might get banned with all this hacking and AC and address shenaniganry, but is it concerning that instead of losing my meseta and rares I'm more dreading getting from level 20-30 and doing koffee's orders again?

I would suggest testing the patch on an alternate account.

I may do that instead.

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 04:57 AM
Nevermind.

Lostbob117
Aug 1, 2012, 04:58 AM
*removed*

EvilMag
Aug 1, 2012, 04:58 AM
*removed*

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 04:59 AM
Testing it on my main. The matter board and CO's are so much easier now. I'm with everyone else. Getting banned isn't gonna be all that bad. But doing Koffee's COs and getting 20-25 is ALL BAD.

EspeonageTieler
Aug 1, 2012, 05:00 AM
so how do i find the patch?

oh nvm

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 05:08 AM
Extracted it where it told me to. Not working.

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 05:10 AM

Please go to the site of the patch for help(or *removed* I can help you there). This is not a help thread.

Lostbob117
Aug 1, 2012, 05:11 AM

Did you just moved the .rar thing or took all the files (except the read me) into where it told you to?

EspeonageTieler
Aug 1, 2012, 05:12 AM
didnt work for me either

Fox2Tails
Aug 1, 2012, 05:14 AM
Make sure you don't extract Readme.txt

EspeonageTieler
Aug 1, 2012, 05:16 AM
i get a thing with winrar that says cannot create

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 05:17 AM
Make sure you don't extract Readme.txt
How is anyone supposed to know this.

Also, no readme.txt to be found, still isn't working.

This a hoax?

Jay6
Aug 1, 2012, 05:18 AM
Eh, honestly, I'll just stick with the Japanese language for now. I've gotten pretty adjusted to reading katakana, and some hiragana. Kanji is still the death of me though.

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 05:18 AM
How is anyone supposed to know this.

Also, no readme.txt to be found, still isn't working.

This a hoax?

Nope not a hoax. The readme.txt doesn't affect anything.

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 05:19 AM
Nope not a hoax. The readme.txt doesn't affect anything.Neither does the patch.

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 05:20 AM
Neither does the patch.

Did you move and replace the files that were extracted from the .rar?

Fox2Tails
Aug 1, 2012, 05:20 AM
Oh well, that was the last thing I tried when it wasn't working for me. Could try extracting again

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 05:21 AM
Did you move and replace the files that were extracted from the .rar?Extracted to it and overwrote to all.

Didn't change anything in-game.

EspeonageTieler
Aug 1, 2012, 05:21 AM
Did you move and replace the files that were extracted from the .rar?

when i did that a dignostic message for winrar came out and had a few files and said it could not create them any idea what i could do?

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 05:23 AM
when i did that a dignostic message for winrar came out and had a few files and said it could not create them any idea what i could do?

Can you get a screenshot?

windorf
Aug 1, 2012, 05:24 AM
Extracted to it and overwrote to all.

Not really sure what you can do. I didn't write this patch. So if its a bug please report it on the site of the patch.

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 05:26 AM
Not really sure what you can do. I didn't write this patch. So if its a bug please report it on the site of the patch.Well, don't know what I'd say.

"Hey, it doesn't work"?

EspeonageTieler
Aug 1, 2012, 05:29 AM
hope i did this right

Ana-Chan
Aug 1, 2012, 05:32 AM
No, since you are on Win7, UAC is enabled by default, so you can't extract directly to the game directory since it is in a location that is readonly for standard users, (and Winrar runs as a standard user by default).

EspeonageTieler
Aug 1, 2012, 05:34 AM
so what can i do about it?

mommy_cornelia
Aug 1, 2012, 05:35 AM
so what can i do about it?

1st export to the desktop and then copy it to the game folder

Konflyk
Aug 1, 2012, 05:37 AM

Because trolls won't say they got banned.

Can anyone in this forum into Katakana?

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 05:39 AM
1st export to the desktop and then copy it to the game folderYou're good.

blace
Aug 1, 2012, 05:40 AM
As much as I would like to voice on how to do anything like this, aren't we stressing it a bit by discussing it then having a link and a support thread for it?

EspeonageTieler
Aug 1, 2012, 05:41 AM
thanks that worked i feel really dumb for not thinking of that

Darki
Aug 1, 2012, 05:55 AM
In my case the file pops an error inmediately when I open it. and then gives me error when I try to extract the stuff to desktop, with one of the files.

HFlowen
Aug 1, 2012, 06:07 AM
Extracted to it and overwrote to all.

Did you hit the file check button or did the game patch itself when you booted up? Because you have to re-extract the files to the game folder if either of those happened.

Dotcom
Aug 1, 2012, 06:28 AM
All working correctly for me, really helps with the Visiphone navigation Menu's! :>

texhnolyze
Aug 1, 2012, 06:35 AM
hell yeah, about time!!
all i need is the client orders
and i can persuade more to my friends to play this now :D

Ana-Chan
Aug 1, 2012, 06:47 AM
In my case the file pops an error inmediately when I open it. and then gives me error when I try to extract the stuff to desktop, with one of the files.

This could mean that the file that you downloaded is corrupt. Try downloading it again. Or, you could give the error that it is spitting out and someone could confirm if it is a corrupt download or not.

▲➌〇N
Aug 1, 2012, 07:02 AM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?419068-English-patch-is-out!!

Aeris
Aug 1, 2012, 07:05 AM
Rather delete that link when i was you since its linking to the website of the patch itself.

▲➌〇N
Aug 1, 2012, 07:19 AM
sega seem have no problem leaving it up...plot thickens

Geonizer/Iceman
Aug 1, 2012, 07:24 AM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?419068-English-patch-is-out!!

Your link is dead now.

Dotcom
Aug 1, 2012, 07:24 AM
Your link is dead now.

Looks like the entire forum for me?

ignika98
Aug 1, 2012, 07:30 AM
Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LZXT_kCX_M

Silver Crow
Aug 1, 2012, 07:38 AM
Why patch it? There is no point and tampering with game data is risky. Most people managed to memorise the menu's after a day or two and there is no harm in learning japanese. There is also translation projects out there and plenty of client order translation guides.

TL;DR too risky and unneccessary

eharima
Aug 1, 2012, 07:39 AM
sega seem have no problem leaving it up...plot thickens
Its been there a fue hours, great? posting threr is just more likley to inform SOJ quicker but w/e idk, not like im using it, inb4updatere-encryptionlol

Proof:
]
your brave, if anyone reports this as wicked user, you can get banned as you didnt even cover your name and that. yeesh.

Cyrusnagisa
Aug 1, 2012, 07:42 AM
good lord people you wont get banned for using this -.- stop being so paranoid. For one there is no way for Sega to even know you are using it, unless you shout it out in lobby chat, and second.... they dont care.

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2012, 07:47 AM
How dis possible?! I was sure it was never gonna happen!!!11 Essen's Team never finishes anything!!11!

Derp. Anyway, if anyone has issues with it not working, if you update the game at any point after you install the patch you need to install the patch again.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 1, 2012, 07:49 AM
Well sega didnt care for the english patch during the beta, if they did they would have done something about it back then arleady i assume.

I'm not gonna use it for a while i think, might give in sooner or later though.

Xaeris
That's probably true. Still, I've gotten used to the JP text. The only thing that would really help me is having client orders translated, and I don't believe that's in there? Maybe I will apply the patch at some point, but in the downtime, I'll let you guys be my canries into the mine.

Regardless of wheter I use it or not, much respect to the people responsible.

Kanore
good lord people you wont get banned for using this -.- stop being so paranoid. For one there is no way for Sega to even know you are using it, unless you shout it out in lobby chat, and second.... they dont care.

the pso community is naturally paranoid

no one on PSO had any problems using duped items, no one on PSU had any problems using duped meseta, both traded to them by pepole who would produce those things

but as soon as you start using an english patch that is 'technically' illegal for a japanese game, everything goes to shit

eharima
Aug 1, 2012, 07:52 AM

the guy posted A YOUTUBE VIDEO of modding his game files.

If your so brave, post a video of you playing with the patch and include your guild card my player menu.
not being paranoid, just stating you shouldnt be so retardedly braisen about flauting the ToS.

EvilMag
Aug 1, 2012, 07:52 AM

I agree with this person.

AnnabellaRenee87
Aug 1, 2012, 08:06 AM

+1, of course I shouldn't use it if I want to practice my Japanese more. I'm starting to memorize Hiragana and Katakana. (I was a Japanese/IT major in collage before I had to drop out due to financial reasons)

Ce'Nedra
Aug 1, 2012, 08:15 AM
+1, of course I shouldn't use it if I want to practice my Japanese more. I'm starting to memorize Hiragana and Katakana. (I was a Japanese/IT major in collage before I had to drop out due to financial reasons)

I'm slowly starting to remember a few a few symbols as well~ Will take some time for me to learn more of it though heh.

KEV1N
Aug 1, 2012, 08:24 AM
I only remember the smiley face...

▲➌〇N
Aug 1, 2012, 08:25 AM
Looks like the entire forum for me?

its been mostly dead since they said they were closeing the psu servers

Its been there a fue hours, great? posting threr is just more likley to inform SOJ quicker but w/e idk, not like im using it,

yes you don't know, its not even run by soj not to say soa is any better but yeah anyway its dead now maybe Amaury after brownie points agn @_@

xBladeM6x
Aug 1, 2012, 08:34 AM
I've used the English patch since closed beta, and nothing happened to me. Also, they're aware it exists, and it was stated in an interview by Sakai that he saw the English patch, and was so impressed by it, that it ended up being one of the major reasons he considered an English release of PSO2.

SEGA is more impressed by the patch, than they are insulted or worried.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 1, 2012, 08:39 AM
I've used the English patch since closed beta, and nothing happened to me. Also, they're aware it exists, and it was stated in an interview by Sakai that he saw the English patch, and was so impressed by it, that it ended up being one of the major reasons he considered an English release of PSO2.

That's true acctually. But people are just to afraid that they won't be able to play this game anymore for whatever reason they might get a ban so they proceed with caution. I also rather not lose my account on here cause I love the game, so I'm rather cautios as well.

Xaeris
Aug 1, 2012, 08:45 AM

Sakai doesn't head up their legal department though. I doubt anything is going to happen to patch users (and I hope I'm right), but what the programmers and other people actually producing the product think usually doesn't have much bearing in the company's legal stratgies. Look at that whole fiasco between Notch and Besthesda.

Dotcom
Aug 1, 2012, 08:49 AM
The only thing that would really help me is having client orders translated, and I don't believe that's in there?

Yep, the Client Orders are translated but things that the NPC's say aren't.

jooozek
Aug 1, 2012, 08:50 AM
No clue where you read that he was shocked about the game's patch but what I've read on bumped is:

Was shocked at how quickly the Character Creation demo was completely translated into English through a mod. (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-producer-satoshi-sakai-addresses-his-foreign-fans/)

Character creator had no gameguard on it, no clue if even the ToS applied to it.

The Walrus
Aug 1, 2012, 09:05 AM
This is gonna sound like a stupid question but when they say not to use certain macros since they're translated how do you even use those macros in the first place?

TaigaUC
Aug 1, 2012, 09:11 AM
This is gonna sound like a stupid question but when they say not to use certain macros since they're translated how do you even use those macros in the first place?

The JP wiki has a bunch of info on that, and some examples.
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%81%E3%83%A3%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E3% 83%BB%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%AF%E3%83%BC %E3%83%89

gigawuts
Aug 1, 2012, 09:14 AM
I only remember the smiley face...

BUT.

BUT.

kkow
Aug 1, 2012, 09:23 AM

how would this help with the bans?

in any case, I probably won't use it as I can understand half of it as it is, but it's a good chance to get some of my casual friends into it.

Darki
Aug 1, 2012, 09:25 AM
This could mean that the file that you downloaded is corrupt. Try downloading it again. Or, you could give the error that it is spitting out and someone could confirm if it is a corrupt download or not.

When I open it, it gives me simply this line:

Unexpected end of archive

and when I try to extract the files, I get this:

CRC failed in 057aa975bdd2b372fe092614b0f4399e. The file is corrupt
Unexpected end of archive

I've downloaded this three times already from the source and I always get the same error, in the same file.

BEASTMODE
Aug 1, 2012, 09:33 AM
I'm kind of ashamed that westerners need the patch to be able to play. I wanted to play this game, so you know what I did? I went away and LEARNED a little Japanese so I was able to play - if you want to enjoy the game you should be willing to put a little extra effort in.

Fun isn't free.

funkyskunk
Aug 1, 2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I've invested too much time and money into this game so far to risk a ban, so those that are using the patch, please keep posting updates.

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2012, 09:34 AM
I'm kind of ashamed that westerners need the patch to be able to play. I wanted to play this game, so you know what I did? I went away and LEARNED a little Japanese so I was able to play - if you want to enjoy the game you should be willing to put a little extra effort in.

Fun isn't free.

There was a whole other argument about this before. Please don't open that can of worms.

BEASTMODE
Aug 1, 2012, 09:36 AM
There was a whole other argument about this before. Please don't open that can of worms.

I'm not arguing, I'm merely stating my opinion. Please don't try and troll by implying that I'm trying to argue.

gravityvx
Aug 1, 2012, 09:38 AM
Saying you get banned for this is like saying you get banned for .dat swapping in ffxi (or any other mmo)and I did that for years when playing it, just isn't going to happen. I thank these guys for their hard work.

gigawuts
Aug 1, 2012, 09:38 AM
Yeah. While I was able to take the time to learn some moonrunes, not everyone has the time, desire, or capability to pick up a new language just like that for a game. Even I'm glad the english patch is out.

Some people work, some people just want to play a game, and some people really really dislike countries that are surrounded by water. Joke's on them though, all countries are surrounded by water - just a matter of how far away the water is.

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2012, 09:39 AM
I'm not arguing, I'm merely stating my opinion. Please don't try and troll by implying that I'm trying to argue.
I wan't trying to imply that you were. I just don't want one to start in the first place, so it's best not to look down on people who may be using the patch as SOMEONE is gonna get defensive about it and it'll spiral out of control. Sorry if I offended you.

The Walrus
Aug 1, 2012, 09:40 AM

Fun isn't free.

Personally I can play the game just fine untranslated, I've played enough (almost 200 hours now I think) to know what like 99% of the menu options do offhand, I'm just using the patch since it's convenient.

The JP wiki has a bunch of info on that, and some examples.
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%81%E3%83%A3%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E3% 83%BB%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%AF%E3%83%BC %E3%83%89

Hmm, still not entirely sure what they're talking about specifically though. Are they talking about all the pre-made text you can use (not the autowords)?

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2012, 09:47 AM
Personally I can play the game just fine untranslated, I've played enough (almost 200 hours now I think) to know what like 99% of the menu options do offhand, I'm just using the patch since it's convenient.It's the same for me. I may recognize a few katakana and a hand full of kanji but it really slows me down.

Hmm, still not entirely sure what they're talking about specifically though. Are they talking about all the pre-made text you can use (not the autowords)?They're talking about the things like <area> or <target> commands. They show the name of the area you're currently in or your last target. The patch would make it show the translated version so it might become obvious you're using the patch if you use them.

Jonth
Aug 1, 2012, 10:02 AM

Fun isn't free.

There is something really funny about your statement... A kind of funny that is similar to an elderly person saying something like "If you want your clothes clean, you should take them down to the creek and scrub them like we did in my day."

Do you use a washing machine? I personally am not ashamed that Westeners choose the convenience of a washing machine over washing their clothes in a creek or river, and clean clothes are something everyone NEEDS. Playing video games is an extremely frivolous activity (that I admit that I probably do too much of) that is completely not needed. You are going to be ashamed that people choose to take a shortcut on something that is completely frivolous but you are completely okay with all the conveniences and shortcuts of everyday life?

Priorities.

Congratulations on learning some Japanese though. It really shouldn't be an entitlement for you to be elitist about it, but congratulations as it is an accomplishment. I personally mow my yard with one of those old-fashioned push reel mowers for exercise, but I don't think worse of anyone that uses a ride-mower.

The Walrus
Aug 1, 2012, 10:05 AM
It's the same for me. I may recognize a few katakana and a hand full of kanji but it really slows me down.

They're talking about the things like <area> or <target> commands. They show the name of the area you're currently in or your last target. The patch would make it show the translated version so it might become obvious you're using the patch if you use them.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok. You have to do that stuff in text entry. Never even knew about those at all XD

kkow
Aug 1, 2012, 10:10 AM
yup. although I share some of his sentiment, that's a personal decision, not something I'm going to force on others. Not all of us have the free time or are crazy enough to learn japanese just to play a game.

anyways, I didn't know about those commands. don't think I need them either...

kudo
Aug 1, 2012, 10:12 AM
There are idiots openly discussing it in all chat in the lobbies. And they wonder why they get banned.

MissMalice
Aug 1, 2012, 10:13 AM
I personally mow my yard with one of those old-fashioned push reel mowers for exercise, but I don't think worse of anyone that uses a ride-mower.

Back in MY day, we cut grass with our hands by plucking them one by one! You good for nothing, whipper-snapper! >.o

I kid you guys~ But anywho. The patch is working fine for me. My husband will be more excited about it though. I don't work as much as he does, so I actually could sit down and memorize the functions and use the guides. He started playing with me on the night of the open beta and his highest level character is 13. Yeah, that's just how little he gets to play. :c So he doesn't really get a lot of time to memorize the quests, UI functions and whatnot. But this should make things gloriously more fun for him. <3

Cortte
Aug 1, 2012, 10:14 AM
I'm not really so sure if this is even worth it yet in my opinion. The only real issue I've ever had with the translations are item names, and weapon/unit ability names. And since it takes about 2 mins to find out ability names, and item names don't even seem to be translated even on the patch well, to me there is no need for it.

BEASTMODE
Aug 1, 2012, 10:15 AM
There is something really funny about your statement... A kind of funny that is similar to an elderly person saying something like "If you want your clothes clean, you should take them down to the creek and scrub them like we did in my day."

Do you use a washing machine? I personally am not ashamed that Westeners choose the convenience of a washing machine over washing their clothes in a creek or river, and clean clothes are something everyone NEEDS. Playing video games is an extremely frivolous activity (that I admit that I probably do too much of) that is completely not needed. You are going to be ashamed that people choose to take a shortcut on something that is completely frivolous but you are completely okay with all the conveniences and shortcuts of everyday life?

Priorities.

Congratulations on learning some Japanese though. It really shouldn't be an entitlement for you to be elitist about it, but congratulations as it is an accomplishment. I personally mow my yard with one of those old-fashioned push reel mowers for exercise, but I don't think worse of anyone that uses a ride-mower.
You don't NEED to have fun, don't compare it to modern amenities such as clean clothes or needing to mow your garden. You talk of priorities yet it really sounds like you have yours out of shape...

And I'm not being elitist, I'm just saying if people are going to be guests on the JP servers, they should at least make the effort to learn the language - you'd expect the same if you visited another country or went to live there.

DeltaViolet+
Aug 1, 2012, 10:16 AM
I think there may be an issue with the shop searching, when i look for an item with a soul or an ability it always comes back with ( could not recognize your search criteria )

Weird because its always worked before I did the patch. I've got some friends which also use the patch try it, same result...any ideas?

Crysteon
Aug 1, 2012, 10:19 AM
Well...as soon as people keep their mouths shut or show a bit of discretion about the matter (which I already disbelieve), I dont see much of an issue to use a translation patch here. Honestly, I dont intend to use it for now because I feel it might slow down and truncate my attempts to learn some kanjis forcefully.

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2012, 10:24 AM
You don't NEED to have fun, don't compare it to modern amenities such as clean clothes or needing to mow your garden. You talk of priorities yet it really sounds like you have yours out of shape...

And I'm not being elitist, I'm just saying if people are going to be guests on the JP servers, they should at least make the effort to learn the language - you'd expect the same if you visited another country or went to live there.I halfway agree with this. I didn't bitch and moan about there not being an english patch in the OB and if this one stops working for whatever reason I'm not gonna bitch and moan about that either. But as long as there is one I'm most likely going to use it for convenience sake.

I can understand where you're coming from in the context of people who think they NEED an english patch to play the japanese version. But Honestly, I've played plenty of english games with foreign players and the idea of them using a patch to make the interface more convenient doesn't bother me at all.

IzzyData
Aug 1, 2012, 10:30 AM

And I'm not being elitist, I'm just saying if people are going to be guests on the JP servers, they should at least make the effort to learn the language - you'd expect the same if you visited another country or went to live there.

Your argument doesn't make any sense. Making it easier for english players to play isn't inhibiting the Japanese players gameplay. This doesn't effect anything at all except your own game client.

The only thing this can do is enhance your personal experience. If you don't want it, don't use it.

Kanore
Aug 1, 2012, 10:32 AM

Yes, you are being elitist.

This is the worst thing to say to anyone who just wants to play a video game.

It's not visiting another country. I've been to Japan twice before, I know Japanese. It's nothing like playing a video game, believe it or not.

You want to be ashamed of anything? Be ashamed of yourself for being such a self-loathing nerd.

BEASTMODE
Aug 1, 2012, 10:35 AM
No need to resort to ad hominem attacks, guys. Doesn't make you look exactly level-headed, now.

Jonth
Aug 1, 2012, 10:36 AM

Wait, what? Not needing to have fun is exactly what I said. Since it is not needed, it is not as important. Since it is not as important, it should take less effort to do, since I am less willing to put as much effort into something that is frivolous. Yeah. Priorities.

You know what, you shouldn't be able to have short grass like I do, because you don't put as much effort into it as I do. Now didn't that sound elitist?

And at the risk of sounding like you in your first paragraph... Visiting and ESPECIALLY living in a country are not nearly the same thing as playing a game that is on a server in another country. Even so, I don't really expect someone to learn the language of a country they are just going to visit. They're are tour agencies that you can sign up with that will hold your hand through the entire journey.

The only point that I will consent is that I am not technically allowed to be using this patch because of a rule within the ToS. But you know what? That is between me and SEGA, and if they decide to ban me for it, oh well. Not that big of a deal. I plan on starting over on the NA servers anyway.

The Walrus
Aug 1, 2012, 10:37 AM
No need to resort to ad hominem attacks, guys. Doesn't make you look exactly level-headed, now.

How else do you expect people to respond to such an asinine statement

eharima
Aug 1, 2012, 10:38 AM
yes you don't know, its not even run by soj not to say soa is any better but yeah anyway its dead now maybe Amaury after brownie points agn @_@
way to read bro! I said INFORM SOJ

Also, they're aware it exists, and it was stated in an interview by Sakai that he saw the English patch, and was so impressed by it,

See ..

No clue where you read that he was shocked about the game's patch but what I've read on bumped is:

Was shocked at how quickly the Character Creation demo was completely translated into English through a mod. (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-producer-satoshi-sakai-addresses-his-foreign-fans/)

Character creator had no gameguard on it, no clue if even the ToS applied to it.
This is right.

The long and the square of it, is not that if Sakai approves the fact there are smart people out there that can make and apply this translation.

Its the fact that the security team that works FOR SEGA who have made the client and encryption are now looking like cunts infront of everyone.
we basically undid their work and made them look the fool.

It wont be long until the encryption changes and the patch is unusable.

Hat's off to the team who made it, but how many times will they stay strong and continue to make it werk?

My hat also comes off to all those people who have made the effort to learn another language, your efforts are rewarded in the respect that no one can take that knowledge away from you, no matter what.

Kanore
Aug 1, 2012, 10:40 AM
only the PSO community would freak out over a fucking english patch

only the PSO community.

the same community that has members that treat private servers like they'll be arrested by the FBI by playing on them

EvilMag
Aug 1, 2012, 10:45 AM
only the PSO community would freak out over a fucking english patch

only the PSO community.

the same community that has members that treat private servers like they'll be arrested by the FBI by playing on them

Funny enough most of them begged for an English patch and now here they are freaking the fuck out.

Kanore
Aug 1, 2012, 10:46 AM

You basically insult a whole group of peoples' intelligence by saying that you're ashamed that people need an English patch to make a game they find fun more easy to play because they - according to you - need to learn an entire language to play this video game and you're expecting a civil argument?

The world doesn't work that way. You can't make decidedly ridiculous statements like that and not expect to get the kind of answers you're getting.

BEASTMODE
Aug 1, 2012, 10:47 AM

maybe that's the best course of action - needing to modify a game client so that you can have fun could be seen as an indication of an underlying problem.

Pointy Cat
Aug 1, 2012, 10:48 AM
A true PSO fan would do more than just learn Japanese. To show real commitment you'd also relocate to Japan, marry a local, raise children there, etc. Let's not display our commitment to a video game in a half arsed way!

Anyway the way I see it enjoy the patch while it lasts. I don't think there will be any account issues for using it but I do believe Sega will make the changes needed to make the patch unusable. The guys that made this patch obviously did some nice work but I'd doubt they'd want to do it all again if Sega decided to break it. Hope I'm wrong though, the patch is very nice indeed.

Retehi
Aug 1, 2012, 11:10 AM
maybe that's the best course of action - needing to modify a game client so that you can have fun could be seen as an indication of an underlying problem.

Get a load of this guy.

ScottyMango
Aug 1, 2012, 11:10 AM
@Pointy: Exactly.

@BEAST: Telling someone to go learn an entire language over a single videogame is just ridiculous. Do you also suggest that people who like Chinese food should go learn the entire language before stopping into their restaurants... or else they don't really like Chinese food?

To me it looks like you're pulling the "Hey guys c'mon I know Japanese why don't you?!" elitist kinda bull. Yes, you know Japanese, and trust me, nobody cares.

Shou
Aug 1, 2012, 11:23 AM
I know I will be enjoying use of the english patch! Good job to anyone involved in its production.

Jiraiza
Aug 1, 2012, 11:42 AM
You'll get banned for using the wrong address when buying AC (ie. Sega's HQ address). Just like how you'll get banned for using this patch. See where I'm going with this?

Irrational fears, stop it.

DARKWINGDARA
Aug 1, 2012, 11:45 AM
i have two 30+ accounts, if i get banned on this one i don't mind. okay i do since she's so ugu pretty~, but ugly CASEAL are cool too. i guess.

english patch supremacy!

@BEASTMODE; are you really that ignorant?
though based on your previous posts i would have to say yes.

EvilMag
Aug 1, 2012, 11:49 AM
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q585/EvilMag123/1343832169804.jpg

English Patch kicks ass. Enough said.

Jonth
Aug 1, 2012, 11:52 AM

Are you kidding me?

You have to be kidding... Are you suggesting that the fact that an individual would modify a video to make it easier to play, indicates that they might have an underlying issues that would make them more prone to doing a serious crime? You are at this point completely grasping at straws in a feeble attempt to perpetuate your original statement, or you are insane.

Have you ever broken the speed limit? You have broken the law. Am I foolish enough to believe that that indicates that you have an underlying issue that would cause you to commit theft, murder, or rape? No. That would be stupid.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 1, 2012, 11:53 AM
wow. does every thread in this forum turn into a bickering fest?

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been locked yet.

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu43/deexdme/Inb4lock.gif

Retehi
Aug 1, 2012, 11:58 AM
It was fine till Mr "LRN JP TO PLAY JP GAMES" jumped in like a tardlet.

Ryna
Aug 1, 2012, 12:07 PM
I'm locking this thread since it has run its course.