PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 22 AC Scratches and 3 Gold Scratches later...

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2012, 10:39 AM
I got:

3 blue float accessory tickets
1 pair of swim trunks
2 male wizard outfits
3 male recolors
!@$% don't know the number of CAST torsos
1 pair of CAST arms
!@$% don't know the number of Caseal torsos (at least 5)
3 Caseal arms (!?)
3 risk mitigators or whatever-the-fuck-they're-called
1 female recolor

...And a bucketful of tears.

MONEY WELL SPENT!

:argh:

Xaeris
Aug 1, 2012, 10:40 AM
Well, I think risk mitigators sell well at least?

Crysteon
Aug 1, 2012, 10:40 AM
At least you can sell all that for the costume you want or need : pokerface:

Alenoir
Aug 1, 2012, 10:43 AM
On the bright side, you're now qualified for that free Rappy Suit (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=268)~ (Unless you brought the AC ticket sets, then um. D: )

Polly
Aug 1, 2012, 10:46 AM
Random chance bullshit is just made to screw people over. I hate this aspect of the game and am just refusing to take part in it. If I want something I'll do my damnedest to save up for it with meseta, and if I can't...oh well. Can't drive myself crazy over things like this.

Just let me buy the shit I want straight up, Sega. I'd probably pay you a bit of a premium to do so. :\

kkow
Aug 1, 2012, 11:25 AM
yup those damned cast parts make me cry everytime.

kantaris
Aug 1, 2012, 11:28 AM
22 gold scratches blown today :(

At least it's day 1 I'll make a few million meseta.

BIG OLAF
Aug 1, 2012, 11:38 AM
yup those damned cast parts make me cry everytime.

Compared to getting a trash 1k meseta male outfit on a spin, the CAST parts are gold.

HFlowen
Aug 1, 2012, 11:46 AM
I burned up my last 1300 AC on 4 scratches and one gold. Think I got an armband thingie, a voice ticket, a cast part, and two clothing recolors.

The armband and voice ticket sold for an okay amount at least. Bought myself a pimpin wizard hat.

thematesV2
Aug 1, 2012, 12:25 PM
yea, I'm all for random chance when premium money isn't involved, but I should be able to exchange A for B, not A for a 1:100 chance at B...

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2012, 12:26 PM
Well, that was a lesson learned.

I did at least get 350k out of it (selling two of the blue float accessories), which promptly went into my bikini fund. Only buying one of those things, though. Not like you need more since everything can be stuck into storage and shared between characters...

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2012, 01:31 PM
On the bright side, you're now qualified for that free Rappy Suit (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=268)~ (Unless you brought the AC ticket sets, then um. D: )

You can still earn the Rappy suit with the bundle AC ticket.
It's total amount of AC scratch used, so if you buy 11 and not use them, then onthing, if the number of AC scrach used is equal or greater value then 3000 AC, then you can get it.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 1, 2012, 01:43 PM
I got:

1 pair of swim trunks
2 male wizard outfits
3 male recolors
1 pair of CAST arms
3 Caseal arms (!?)
1 female recolor

MONEY WELL SPENT!

And this is why AC scratch is a joke and a waste of money. Its as retarded as buying virtual booster packs that are 100% randomized

How much did you just flush down the toilet doing that? Well over 60 dollars right? I'm sorry but none of the garbage in the scratch is worth real money, specially not worth gambling that kind of money. Its easier to just farm mines for a few hours and buy what you want in one easy shot off the player shops with meseta when the items launch.

What in the world possessed you to blow all that money on that scam scratch system? Do you have a gambling addiction or something? I can understand the players that bought premium for my shop and whatnot, but paying for those scammy scratch cards is for fools

You gotta get some self control man. Leave that crap to FUN points scratches. Its not worth spending real money on. Let the JPs waste all the money farming items off it and just buy what you want off the player shop

eharima
Aug 1, 2012, 01:50 PM
+1 boycott scratch list

they are compiled of WAY too many items, they need to have more scratch with fewer items in the list.
Like gold scratch only has costumes, they need scratch lists that only have item and synth boosters if your really not going to implement them as straight AC items like EXP boosters
(which I would prefer, and spend more money on guaranteed items, SEGA lurking reps)

not 2 scracth options with 100 different items and 70% of the time getting grinders or synthesizers, fuck you.

Alenoir
Aug 1, 2012, 01:50 PM
What others do with their money have nothing to do with you, though. Please stop jumping into every convo and try to stir up a shitstorm.

kkow
Aug 1, 2012, 01:54 PM
without these paying playets, no economy, no outfits, no nothing.

they should at least narrow down gold scratch to costumes that your chara can WEAR...

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2012, 02:09 PM
And this is why AC scratch is a joke and a waste of money. Its as retarded as buying virtual booster packs that are 100% randomized

How much did you just flush down the toilet doing that? Well over 60 dollars right? I'm sorry but none of the garbage in the scratch is worth real money, specially not worth gambling that kind of money. Its easier to just farm mines for a few hours and buy what you want in one easy shot off the player shops with meseta when the items launch.

What in the world possessed you to blow all that money on that scam scratch system? Do you have a gambling addiction or something? I can understand the players that bought premium for my shop and whatnot, but paying for those scammy scratch cards is for fools

You gotta get some self control man. Leave that crap to FUN points scratches. Its not worth spending real money on. Let the JPs waste all the money farming items off it and just buy what you want off the player shop

Yet if people didn't play them we wouldn't be able to buy their spare "winnings" in the player shop. And this game would shut down in a month..

Then you'd have to talk shit in another online gaming forum.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 1, 2012, 02:11 PM
What others do with their money have nothing to do with you, though. Please stop jumping into every convo and try to stir up a shitstorm.

Not trying to 'cause a shitstorm', just saying the AC scratch shit is for the birds and a total scam. The only reason its even in the game is because SoJ knows japanese gamers have literally no self control when it comes to stupid gambling things like that.

So yeah, let the JP players waste their life savings on retarded chances at nothing, and we can all snipe the 'good' stuff for cheap off the player shops on the days the new items launch. Its a whole lot smarter than flushing your money down the toilet for horrible random chances at getting mediocre virtual items.

xhrit
Aug 1, 2012, 02:12 PM
How much did you just flush down the toilet doing that? Well over 60 dollars right?

Its easier to just farm mines for a few hours and buy what you want in one easy shot off the player shops with meseta when the items launch.

Unless you are a salaried professional and your job pays more then 60$ an hour. Then it is easier and less time to just pay for it.

Piddle
Aug 1, 2012, 02:14 PM
It sucks but it's nothing new in the realm of F2P MMOs.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 1, 2012, 02:18 PM
Yet if people didn't play them we wouldn't be able to buy their spare "winnings" in the player shop. And this game would shut down in a month..

Then you'd have to talk shit in another online gaming forum.

Except plenty of people have and continue to purchase my shop and my room passes

Please stop enabling wasteful gambling spending. If you wanna be indifferent about it fine but geez don't stick up for it. Gambling with real money in a video game where the prizes are in no way pay to win, is exactly that; a game you're playing and gambling in where you never really win no matter how much you spend because all the items are cosmetic and negligible to the actual game itself. So its pointless. Specially since its 100% random and 90% of the prizes are goddamn stupid duds and trinkets like grinders and crap nobody wants.

It can't even be argued that its a good way to get fodder for player shop meseta making because there's a thousand JPs even worse off with their gambling scratch addictions that will flood the market in the first hour the items go up so you'll forever get stuck with diminishing returns on your money spent.

Unless you are a salaried professional and your job pays more then 60$ an hour. Then it is easier and less time to just pay for it.

How is having a 100% one shot success rate via simply buying the item with meseta in the shops, not easier than throwing 60 dollars OR MORE at 100% random chances to 'maybe' at some point get what you want.

If I were say, forced to spend 60 dollars or more on AC stuff, I would of bought 60 dollars worth of EXP and drop rate boosters and sold them on my shop. Then I would be guaranteed a definite solid return on my investment, whereas had i blown it on scratch I could end up with a bunch of garbage I couldn't even get 100k for all told.

A wise man once said "The lottery is for people that suck at math"

Segas getting plenty of cash from JPs blowing fortunes on scratch, and tons of players buying premium and such. There's really no justifying western players throwing money away on stupid scratch scams. Segas not going to die if you don't buy their crap odds gambling tickets. They'll be just fine believe me.

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2012, 03:55 PM
Dude, I originally wanted P2P, and I'd STILL prefer it with the way SEGA is asking for our money. But as things are now, SOMEONE has to spend money on this stuff. >_>

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2012, 03:59 PM

Well, problem is my luck with drops is fucking awful and this was kind of a last resort to avoid blowing all of my virtual money (which, I might add, took a LOT more time to gather up than 70-ish real dollars) on the outfits I wanted.

Of course, I ended up gaining just about nothing in the end anyways, so lesson learned.

Pretty much, yeah. Not bothering anymore. Let the guys with hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to burn subsidize the game for the rest of us. :-?

If I were say, forced to spend 60 dollars or more on AC stuff, I would of bought 60 dollars worth of EXP and drop rate boosters and sold them on my shop. Then I would be guaranteed a definite solid return on my investment, whereas had i blown it on scratch I could end up with a bunch of garbage I couldn't even get 100k for all told.

A wise man once said "The lottery is for people that suck at math"
Well, this would make sense... if AC items could be sold in shops. (They can't.)

Yuicihi
Aug 1, 2012, 04:07 PM
Dude, I originally wanted P2P, and I'd STILL prefer it with the way SEGA is asking for our money. But as things are now, SOMEONE has to spend money on this stuff. >_>

It doesn't really need to be the scratch, which is the thing. Sega could raise money through other means. Selling the items outright, for example. However, this system has already been proven to make obscene amounts of money.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Tf2_standalonebox.jpg

A more extreme, Western version of the Scratch. Want to get a Strange quality weapon or an Unusual quality hat? You have to find the crate that it's found in in-game, which is random chance, spend ~$2.50 on a key, and then pray that you get what you want.

Or you can just go buy it off somebody.

Either way, the Scratch is a fairly good way to make money, and it seems to be working for Sega, as evidenced by this thread.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 1, 2012, 04:14 PM
Sorry about your luck, OP. I went through 1,000 AC earlier as well and only got some CAST parts. I'm also sorry that G.A.M.E.R-X has come into your thread to talk shit (like he seems to do a lot, apparently).

Seriously man... you can state your case without sounding like an ass and trying to start a fire. You should try it sometime. You'll get better feedback and won't have to worry about people getting defensive towards your statements.

CelestialBlade
Aug 1, 2012, 04:15 PM
Just burned 3000AC and got shit to show for it. Never again. Fuck gachas.

Daiyousei
Aug 1, 2012, 04:16 PM
on the plus side, you get a free rappy suit

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 1, 2012, 05:28 PM
+1 boycott scratch list

they are compiled of WAY too many items, they need to have more scratch with fewer items in the list.
Like gold scratch only has costumes, they need scratch lists that only have item and synth boosters if your really not going to implement them as straight AC items like EXP boosters
(which I would prefer, and spend more money on guaranteed items, SEGA lurking reps)

not 2 scracth options with 100 different items and 70% of the time getting grinders or synthesizers, fuck you.

Nothing new here, most other games stick a load of junk into their gachas to pad them, you know Sega could be a real ass and HIDE the list of items like some other companies.

UnLucky
Aug 1, 2012, 06:32 PM
Yup, never going to spend a dime on random chance. I'll get some stuff from the actual shop that is useful and worthwhile, but I won't toss my change into the pisser.

But I do have to thank everyone spending thousands of dollars to fill the shops with cheap goods.

Mike
Aug 1, 2012, 07:22 PM
But I do have to thank everyone spending thousands of dollars to fill the shops with cheap goods.
And by buying these goods, you are indirectly approving of the scratch system. If you're not happy with the way things are sold in this game, don't buy them or use them at all.

And this game would shut down in a month.
I think Sega has a bit too much invested in PSO2 to have it close so early. If people stopped buying scratch tickets, it would force Sega to rethink things. They could change the game to make it even less friendly than it already is (even lower drop, grind success, ability move rates) so that without testing your luck with scratch the game is impossible. Or they could move towards a more consumer friendly path, selling items individually or in packs and making those items untradable.

Polly
Aug 1, 2012, 07:28 PM
Or they could move towards a more consumer friendly path, selling items individually or in packs and making those items untradable.

I'm gonna guess that with the money I've seen friends talk about spending on this scam already and a few other people around here, that'll never happen unfortunately. I'd happily just give them money for the stuff I want and make them untradable.

Mike
Aug 1, 2012, 07:39 PM
I'm gonna guess that with the money I've seen friends talk about spending on this scam already and a few other people around here, that'll never happen unfortunately. I'd happily just give them money for the stuff I want and make them untradable.
I know it it'll never happen and the more I think about that, the more I find myself reconsidering my participation in this game and series all together.

Polly
Aug 1, 2012, 07:44 PM
I know it it'll never happen and the more I think about that, the more I find myself reconsidering my participation in this game and series all together.

I was fine ignoring it for the most part initially, but for some reason it started to feel really, really scummy to me with this update. Even more so with rewarding people for spending 3000AC points on scratches with a stupid Rappy Suit. Can't explain it, it just feels really, really scummy to me.

CelestialBlade
Aug 1, 2012, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah, the Rappy Suit "reward" is a total slap in the face. Just charge me more and let me get what I want, damn money-grubbers.

Crystal_Shard
Aug 1, 2012, 08:06 PM
@Mike: That expains why I've never seen your character in any of the new outfits before. Hmm.

Yeah, Sega's not going to switch to a non scratch economy now - too many players invested into the system who'll cry foul on that. I think them being bullheaded on the pricing for PSPo2i DLC may be already proof of this.

Though I'm not going to jump ship anytime soon, I probably will dial back any fresh infusions of AC into scratch.

@Celestial_Blade: It's interesting to note something. 3000 yen is just enough for 10 standard scratch and 2 gold scratch. Reminds me of 12 outfits to get a rappy suit from the alpha, except with 100% odds. Sounds like Sega found their compromise after all, now that I think about it.

Ceresa
Aug 1, 2012, 08:10 PM
I was fine ignoring it for the most part initially, but for some reason it started to feel really, really scummy to me with this update. Even more so with rewarding people for spending 3000AC points on scratches with a stupid Rappy Suit. Can't explain it, it just feels really, really scummy to me.

Oh yeah, the Rappy Suit "reward" is a total slap in the face. Just charge me more and let me get what I want, damn money-grubbers.

Really now, a free rappy suit is scummy and a slap in the face? It's an item that will always have demand, will always have a fair meseta price and insures you get something of value. Quite a bit better than the nothing that was rewarded to players who spent 3000+ AC on the wedding/yukata gachas with nothing but male clothes to show for it.

If you want exactly what you want, just spend meseta, the only thing it's good for is vanity items anyways. Room goods, rare weapons, bikinis, it's all vanity shit that won't make a difference in this easy game.

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 08:14 PM
Only thing I would bother spending my real life money on is like, the substantially permanent stuff like additional skill trees, or mags. Maybe storage...although the storage is way the hell big enough as is.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 1, 2012, 08:24 PM
Really now, a free rappy suit is scummy and a slap in the face?

Yeah, Sega should be scared shirtless that they don't offend gaijin players by offering promotions on no-longer obtainable items in a f2p game which has a mild gacha system where they actually have the decency to LIST the items that are obtainable, as opposed to other companies that only list the big prizes.

Mike
Aug 1, 2012, 09:16 PM
has a mild gacha system
Having one at all is the problem.

That expains why I've never seen your character in any of the new outfits before. Hmm.
Yeah. It's a pity too because I do like some of the costumes and if they were decently priced, I'd have bought some.

I think them being bullheaded on the pricing for PSPo2i DLC may be already proof of this.
I'm not sure what you mean by this though. DLC costumes (http://www.psp2infinity.jp/pc/dlcontents/item/costume/) were priced at free or 300 yen. Compared to what is in PSO2, I think that's pretty fair.

Crystal_Shard
Aug 1, 2012, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by this though. DLC costumes (http://www.psp2infinity.jp/pc/dlcontents/item/costume/) were priced at free or 300 yen. Compared to what is in PSO2, I think that's pretty fair.

Hmm, I probably should clarify that. I never liked that parts and costumes were always sold separately. Was referring to that. 300 yen was fairly reasonable in that light but it tends to add up very fast, and Sega was basically charging 600 yen if you wanted the exact same outfit for both fleshie and cast characters.

But yes, compared to PSPo2i, PSO 2 pricing is very unreasonable. At least in PSPo2i, I could duplicate the outfit for as many characters as I wanted, and it was a guaranteed outfit.

lagnarok
Aug 1, 2012, 10:03 PM
I was watching a nicovid titled "Video on just doing 110 scratches" (200AC one), 11min long vid.

This was for the yukata, but the uploader showed all the 110 scratches he did.
Thank god on the last 10, he got the red yukata.
But all in all, he got 2 green yukata and 1 red yukata, with at least 30 cast parts.
He got about 3-4 male yukatas too I think.
But yeah, the odds of getting bikinis will probably be the same.

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2012, 10:30 PM
I don't find the gacha system all that reprehensible in and of itself. After all, there are some folks out there with a LOT of disposable income, and when they use that disposable income on the gacha, they're subsidizing the game for everyone else, and besides that they know exactly what they're getting into.

It is entirely my fault for putting any money into it at all, knowing full well that the odds were (heavily, heavily) stacked against me. I don't blame SEGA for doing what is the most rational thing to be doing given how capitalism works (that is to say, maximizing profit above all else), seeing as how every corporation on the face of the planet exists to make money. And, hell, they're clearly raking it in!

I still got what I wanted in the end, so as far as I'm concerned, things are just peachy. I just won't be touching the scratch again any time soon (if ever).

sugarFO
Aug 1, 2012, 10:58 PM
Just burned 3000AC and got shit to show for it. Never again. Fuck gachas.

I've been too afraid to spend AC on the gachas. I'm sorry you got ripped off. D: I really hate the gacha system, but there's nothing that can be done as long as people buy/support it.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 1, 2012, 10:59 PM
I got:

1 pair of swim trunks
2 male wizard outfits
3 male recolors
1 pair of CAST arms
3 Caseal arms (!?)
1 female recolor

MONEY WELL SPENT!

Look at it this way. With all 6 male items, you just made a cool 50,000 meseta!

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 1, 2012, 11:05 PM
Well, problem is my luck with drops is fucking awful and this was kind of a last resort to avoid blowing all of my virtual money (which, I might add, took a LOT more time to gather up than 70-ish real dollars) on the outfits I wanted.

Of course, I ended up gaining just about nothing in the end anyways, so lesson learned.

Pretty much, yeah. Not bothering anymore. Let the guys with hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to burn subsidize the game for the rest of us. :-?

Well, this would make sense... if AC items could be sold in shops. (They can't.)

Ah. Well if the AC items can't be sold in shops forget I said anything haha. Seems the whole game is rigged when it comes to some of the AC stuff like scratches and junk. Oh well I guess, that sucks

KrankItVZ
Aug 3, 2012, 08:43 AM
I just hope SEGA will keep the game alive and not make the endgame seem like bs like most games.

BIG OLAF
Aug 3, 2012, 08:51 AM
Look at it this way. With all 6 male items, you just made a cool 10,000 meseta!

Fixed that for you. You're giving the male outfits too much credit.

kkow
Aug 3, 2012, 10:23 AM
yea, I won't ever buy the gachas again, despite wanting to support the game. funny how that works.

Polly
Aug 3, 2012, 11:01 AM
yea, I won't ever buy the gachas again, despite wanting to support the game. funny how that works.

I'll buy Premium in 90 day chunks, mag tickets if I ever wanna raise more than the 3 I already have, another character slot if I ever feel like it, and maybe an additional skill tree per class that I play and that's about all I'll be spending AC on. There's my support. I get what I want this way at the very least.

Kylie
Aug 4, 2012, 01:09 AM
I feel your pain. I rarely ever get female costumes, but I'm learning the non-costume items go for quite a bit.

JeyKama
Aug 4, 2012, 01:25 AM
Well... the Yukata (and bikinis, I guess) are pretty common from the AC G Scratch, whereas they are 4/5 difficulty from the regular AC Scratch...

Incentive for paying more for AC G if costumes are what you want, I guess.

Kylie
Aug 4, 2012, 01:28 AM
I did 6 gold scratches and only got one female outfit (that "candy" thing). :P So, I decided to get 11 regular scratches and won 1.5 million worth of items.

Arika
Aug 4, 2012, 01:31 AM
I think those could sell for some. and 3x of that should be enough for you to buy bikinii.

JeyKama
Aug 4, 2012, 01:32 AM
I guess I fared pretty well getting a yukata and like 800k in other items out of my 3k AC :( It's nice at least that everything you get out of is sellable if you don't immediately get what you want... assuming you have a shop.

Ah well... at least my Diablo 3 liquification fund will pay for this game for awhile.

Kylie
Aug 4, 2012, 01:42 AM
I'd certainly say you lucked out!

If you get a male item IN GREEN, it'll sell for about 1k. ;|