PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or are the Bikini's really ugly?

FlameOfYagami
Aug 1, 2012, 11:11 AM
Now i'm not one of those haters who hates on skimpy female outfits, but these bikini's are kinda tacky and ugly looking.

They are ok from the front but the back area looks really bad. For one this game made the females with no "booty" and secconly (the worse part) is that the bikini looks like it's "saggin" from behind. It almost looks like the girl didnt finish pulling up her bottoms all the way up.

You can also even see a upper "ass crack" aswell and that looks really tacky.

I'm pretty disapointed in them :(

Was actually looking foward to them too since I love the bikini in psu.

Kanore
Aug 1, 2012, 11:12 AM
it begins

Demon-
Aug 1, 2012, 11:12 AM
It's just you.

zemog
Aug 1, 2012, 11:15 AM
pics or it didn't happen.

BIG OLAF
Aug 1, 2012, 11:16 AM
I think the whole 'her bottoms are stuck up her butt' bit is kind of silly-looking, but besides that, it's all a-okay with me. It's not even a big deal.

Link1275
Aug 1, 2012, 11:19 AM
All bikinis are ugly.

Vanzazikon
Aug 1, 2012, 11:19 AM
It's all part of the humor, your character ain't suppose to know how you look from behind, but everybody else does. *snickers*

FlameOfYagami
Aug 1, 2012, 11:20 AM
It's just you.

Well I am a "booty" man soo I guess that's why. No matter how much you try to make your char have one is almost impossible lol.

I think the whole 'her bottoms are stuck up her butt' bit is kind of silly-looking, but besides that, it's all a-okay with me. It's not even a big deal.

There you go! You know what i'm talking about. I wish I could brush it off like you. It really bugs the heck out of me. Just makes the girl look tacky and it doesnt look right or attractive IMO.

DemonMike
Aug 1, 2012, 11:22 AM
I think they look pretty ugly too.

Though I've got to admit, the skin on the character models looked like shit any way thanks to the settings I'm playing at, so it was to be expected in my case.

IzzyData
Aug 1, 2012, 11:26 AM
Never planned on buying one myself because it seemed kind of boring. Was hoping for a 1 piece swimsuit like a school swimsuit, but I guess that didn't happen.

Sticking with my yukata because it matches perfectly and looks good.

HFlowen
Aug 1, 2012, 11:35 AM
For me they look stupid because the HIGH-LARIOUSLY awful posture all female character models have becomes even more apparent. All my kinesiology courses are banging in my head whenever I see it.

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2012, 12:05 PM
For me they look stupid because the HIGH-LARIOUSLY awful posture all female character models have becomes even more apparent. All my kinesiology courses are banging in my head whenever I see it.

[spoiler-box]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/ViUHH.png

It's funny that I still have this saved.[/spoiler-box]

:wacko:

Vyscillius
Aug 1, 2012, 12:15 PM

Well, there's supposed to be 4curves on a spine so...

Garnet_Moon
Aug 1, 2012, 12:17 PM
Anorexic Space Elves are my fetish.

Coatl
Aug 1, 2012, 12:31 PM
Yeah..
I was excited about buying one, but after seeing a few models...
I think I'll pass..

MissMalice
Aug 1, 2012, 12:35 PM
I guess I'm a bit indifferent. The swimsuits themselves aren't bad looking. Its just they look kind of "weird" on my characters. I guess its because of their flat butts? o_o

That Candy Crown outfit on the other hand....

/bueno.

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2012, 12:38 PM
I think they could've been done better (The white straps in particular kind of irk me), but I ain't complainin' since I finally have an outfit to show off my character's obscenely ridiculous muscles in!

Still hoping for a proper outfit that shows abs, though...

kkow
Aug 1, 2012, 12:39 PM
Anorexic Space Elves are my fetish.

superior race!

jmanx
Aug 1, 2012, 12:54 PM
spines work that way if your from jojo bizarre adventure

MissMalice
Aug 1, 2012, 12:59 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111203185853/rustyhearts/images/1/1c/CatgirlNatasha.jpg

If Natasha from Rusty Hearts has taught me anything, it is that spines do whatever the fuck they want if you're pretty enough.

pikachief
Aug 1, 2012, 01:32 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111203185853/rustyhearts/images/1/1c/CatgirlNatasha.jpg

If Natasha from Rusty Hearts has taught me anything, it is that spines do whatever the fuck they want if you're pretty enough.

her spine looks straight and fine to me. She's just standing funny.

Reiketsu
Aug 1, 2012, 01:33 PM
Well, the only thing I have to say about it is... the bikinis are kinda lame design-wise...
I mean, the design couldn't get any more simpler... they just look extremely boring and generic, nothing special about them... Really don't get why they're so overpriced in the player shops, because I think it's definitely not worth the money... then again, I guess most people actually don't really care about the design itself ^^"

FlameOfYagami
Aug 1, 2012, 01:42 PM
Sega get back at me when you give us the chance to actually shape up the "booty" section of the females (just like the boobs) and when you give us thong bikini bottoms!!

^_^

Agitated_AT
Aug 1, 2012, 01:43 PM
No you are ugly

Garnet_Moon
Aug 1, 2012, 02:26 PM
Waiting to see EROS in a bikini...

She could open a bakery with all those rolls and I'd come a shoppin'! :love:

Shadowth117
Aug 1, 2012, 02:31 PM

That really is annoying. Odd thing is, pretty much every other animation seems to look natural.

Other annoying thing is the lack of a good slider to make your character not look anorexic, but not look like they spent a month stuck with nothing but McDonalds.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 1, 2012, 02:32 PM
Females running around in bikinis is the true

EMERGENCY CODE: DISTRACTION

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 03:41 PM
I made note of this in another thread but I absolutely cannot get past the over bearing show of ribs under the breasts of the female models when in Bikinis. I don't care what people responded to this in the last thread with, it does not look "healthy skinny". It looks nasty.

Reiketsu
Aug 1, 2012, 03:48 PM
I made note of this in another thread but I absolutely cannot get past the over bearing show of ribs under the breasts of the female models when in Bikinis. I don't care what people responded to this in the last thread with, it does not look "healthy skinny". It looks nasty.

Yeah, I somewhat agree with this u_u"

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 1, 2012, 03:49 PM

Males aren't exempt from this either. Damn rib lines won't go away even if I reduce my character's muscle tone.

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2012, 03:49 PM
Meh. No accounting for taste.

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'm gonna have to agree...

Why does it cover the boobs so weird? and why does it make everyones pelvic area look...

like that...?

I think bikini's came out WAY better looking in PSU... Something about this game's models and that bikini design itself, makes my artist eye twitch. e_e;;

TaigaUC
Aug 1, 2012, 07:05 PM
Personally, I think the bikinis look pretty boring, like how the kimonos have ugly patterns. The worst thing is that we're stuck with 3 colors, and they aren't customizable. SEGA is probably missing out on potential customers whose characters don't match the colors in the bikini... unless those customers are desperate enough to change their character colors to match. Maybe that's what SEGA is hoping for.

Aewyn
Aug 1, 2012, 07:12 PM
There are no kimono. I think you mean the yukata.

Windadept
Aug 1, 2012, 07:23 PM
Shake shake shake, shake your booty!
*points to attachment*

LK1721
Aug 1, 2012, 07:33 PM
I'm gonna have to agree...

Why does it cover the boobs so weird? and why does it make everyones pelvic area look...

like that...?

I think bikini's came out WAY better looking in PSU... Something about this game's models and that bikini design itself, makes my artist eye twitch. e_e;;

I agree. I tend to think that the models in PSO2 look freaking ridiculous, more specifically the females. Spines do not do that and what the fuck is going on with this bikini I don't even know. It is like it sucks the life-force out of its wearer, since it apparently takes away their organs. Example:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/9BDGO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tfkvT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VIXY3.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Coatl
Aug 1, 2012, 07:41 PM
I agree. I tend to think that the models in PSO2 look freaking ridiculous, more specifically the females. Spines do not do that and what the fuck is going on with this bikini I don't even know. It is like it sucks the life-force out of its wearer, since it apparently takes away their organs. Example:

The models have different postures. The female characters appear to "lean" back in-game, which ruins the look when actually exposing the body..

vertigo
Aug 1, 2012, 07:45 PM
Man, all these pictures are making me rethink the bikini. Sega has never really given us the ability to put butts on our characters without making them more round altogether but I dont like that the bikini seems to actually alter the character you make. We need a butt slider as detailed as the boob slider!!
It's bad enough all the outfits skew instead scale to your characters proportions now it makes your stomach concave.
I wish they would fix our idle stance too. :/

LK1721
Aug 1, 2012, 07:48 PM
The models have different postures. The female characters appear to "lean" back in-game, which ruins the look when actually exposing the body..

I feel like that might be extreme even considering the posture change, it just looks (more) wrong. Leaning back (or as close as you can humanly get) like that would not cause someone's stomach to invert like it does with the outfit. It might really just be the model itself (which still doesn't make sense IMO) rather than the bikini specifically, though.

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2012, 07:52 PM
It actually causes my character's gut to stick out rather uncomfortably...

[spoiler-box]I DID NOT DESIGN HER THAT WAY
https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1mq_KTlj2JNfhfvVmYFCdx5T0piveAe51ja-fdzjecSkad3LbJfloo3IlkGZKS_Tz60_YYsbwLXuqLkdR79mlB yZosPhqit9KlgrPQCVsOMNxGWX63HrpHZQ/pso20120801_195009_012.png?psid=1[/spoiler-box]

But in motion and while sitting or laying down, she looks fine. I think the idle stance just really sucks. :/

Coatl
Aug 1, 2012, 08:04 PM
It actually causes my character's gut to stick out rather uncomfortably...

[spoiler-box]I DID NOT DESIGN HER THAT WAY
https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1mq_KTlj2JNfhfvVmYFCdx5T0piveAe51ja-fdzjecSkad3LbJfloo3IlkGZKS_Tz60_YYsbwLXuqLkdR79mlB yZosPhqit9KlgrPQCVsOMNxGWX63HrpHZQ/pso20120801_195009_012.png?psid=1[/spoiler-box]

But in motion and while sitting or laying down, she looks fine. I think the idle stance just really sucks. :/

Bikinis give you gut-bellies now?
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/199/693/disgusted-mother-of-god.png?1321272571

DARKWINGDARA
Aug 1, 2012, 08:44 PM
Bikinis give you gut-bellies now?
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/199/693/disgusted-mother-of-god.png?1321272571

i believe that is being caused by being too skinny. BEEF UP, YOU.
those are your intestines poking out!

supersonix9
Aug 1, 2012, 08:50 PM
I don't think they're ugly, but they could be a bit more elaborate. I'm not a big fan of the color choice either.

The blue one looks nice though.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 1, 2012, 11:24 PM
Would I dare say the Bikini's in PSU were much better?

Those were actually alot sexier IMO (even though the bottoms covered a good amount of "booty") they didn't look tacky or looked like your girl was "saggin'" her bottoms.

Also, in PSO2 insted of giving them some nice semi-elegant slippers with a little heel (like in psu) all they gaved them was some lame and cheap Walmart flip-flops ><

I really hope there's some better clothing in this game in the future, because IMO PSU had a much better clothing selection.

Xaeris
Aug 1, 2012, 11:27 PM
Bizarrely enough, PSU did a better job with clothing than PSO2 has so far. This decision on their part to make clothing a single piece outfit instead of a possible three piece combination has been dumb. And yeah, those bikinis were definitely better.

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2012, 11:29 PM
Indeed, not a big fan of the one-piece thing, either.

It's kind of strange going from Dragon's Dogma (where you have a headgear slot, arms slot, TWO chest slots, TWO lower body slots, a cloak slot, and an accessory slot) to PSO2. I mean, it's really weird that a fresh new Capcom game would have better clothing customization. Likewut? Feels like the world's turned upside-down.

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2012, 11:29 PM
Would I dare say the Bikini's in PSU were much better?

It's okay, I said this too.

And nobody fawks with da Rock!

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 1, 2012, 11:35 PM
actually, my problem with the bikini is not the back, but the FRONT...

the rib exposure makes everyone who wears the bikini look completely anorexic and not very attractive =(

also, is it just me or does it seem like the bigger the boobs the less cleavage is shown? o_O

Touka
Aug 1, 2012, 11:36 PM
Oh idk my main has booty but she's pretty damn "thick".The rib thing is a bit annoying but the pluses outweigh the minuses imo.

Xaeris
Aug 1, 2012, 11:38 PM
There's a way to beat the rib thing, but I think most of you wouldn't like it.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 1, 2012, 11:44 PM
Oh idk my main has booty but she's pretty damn "thick".The rib thing is a bit annoying but the pluses outweigh the minuses imo.

You should take a pic and show us how you did this because like I said is damn near impossible.

No offence or anything, but I bet your char probably just has some huge thigh/legs but the back area is mostly "flat".

I'm not talking ****, but I understand it's either that or nothing. I noticed that when I was messing around creating my char.

Characters with really "thick" legs and a "flat" butt look really bad IMO because naturally "thick" legs mostly equals a nice big booty to go along with them.

But in this game i've seen thick legs but when you look at the back it's totaly flat ><

In real life, it's mostly the other way too (atleast in my area) girls usually have curvy legs (not really "thick") and have a nice bubble butt that sticks out in a curvy shape :D

That's what this game lacks, you can make the legs as "thick" as you want but it does almost nothing for the butt.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 1, 2012, 11:55 PM
They look nice on darker skins to me

Touka
Aug 2, 2012, 12:07 AM
I'll take a pic in a bit but you're mostly right about her legs being thick.I'd like a rear slider too but japanese have this huge breast fetish which I don't like.Huge chest and no arse=no go for me.

Jungo Torii
Aug 2, 2012, 12:08 AM
I have to agree with this sentiment. The whole ribs showing thing really doesn't cut it for a rappy like me.

Cyclon
Aug 2, 2012, 12:09 AM
cheap Walmart flip-flops ><
Hey, don't you insult the flip-flops. I love me flip-flops.

Xaeris
Aug 2, 2012, 12:09 AM
Hey, don't you insult the flip-flops. I love me flip-flops.

*loads shotgun*

I'm going to need you to step around out back.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2012, 12:11 AM
Can you guys just stop using "anorexic" as an adjective to describe visible ribs?

Not only is that just plain insulting to people who just naturally have ribs showing (*ahem*), it's completely inaccurate as well. Only when someone looks outright bony are you justified in calling them "anorexic-looking".

It's also rather unhealthy, to boot. Think about the ridiculously harsh standard we've got going here - you're derided for being too heavy-set, but by the same token anyone too "thin" is derided as being "anorexic-looking", and you have a recipe for serious body-image problems. Just cut it out, already!

Touka
Aug 2, 2012, 12:32 AM
Anyway here are some pics as promised.
[spoiler-box]http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/Touka376/pso20120801_192703_002.jpg
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/Touka376/pso20120801_192656_001.jpg
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/Touka376/pso20120801_192647_000.jpg[/spoiler-box]
I'd like to add though that bikini does change your body shape quite a bit,heres some of her in Tiger Pierce.
[spoiler-box]http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/Touka376/pso20120725_130459_030.jpg
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/Touka376/pso20120725_130735_031.jpg
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/Touka376/pso20120725_130811_032.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Cyclon
Aug 2, 2012, 12:59 AM
*loads shotgun*

I'm going to need you to step around out back.
You killing me right now cannot in any way diminish how epic this is.

Guys. We are saving the world, no, the UNIVERSE, wearing flip-flops! Today is a great day.

sugarFO
Aug 2, 2012, 01:26 AM
Can you guys just stop using "anorexic" as an adjective to describe visible ribs?

Not only is that just plain insulting to people who just naturally have ribs showing (*ahem*), it's completely inaccurate as well. Only when someone looks outright bony are you justified in calling them "anorexic-looking".

It's also rather unhealthy, to boot. Think about the ridiculously harsh standard we've got going here - you're derided for being too heavy-set, but by the same token anyone too "thin" is derided as being "anorexic-looking", and you have a recipe for serious body-image problems. Just cut it out, already!
Thank you. Though your words fall on deaf ears in this part of the internet. ._.

Zipzo
Aug 2, 2012, 02:08 AM
Thank you. Though your words fall on deaf ears in this part of the internet. ._.
How is saying that a feature of the female models in PSO2 makes the characters look anorexic a danger to body image psychosis? It would make sense if we were all saying that they looked fat but that's not the case, nobody has even mentioned that. We're saying they could use some meat. It's a step in the complete opposite direction which means if anything we're doing anyone who is extremely self-conscious of their weight a favor...

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 02:28 AM
How is saying that a feature of the female models in PSO2 makes the characters look anorexic a danger to body image psychosis? It would make sense if we were all saying that they looked fat but that's not the case, nobody has even mentioned that. We're saying they could use some meat. It's a step in the complete opposite direction which means if anything we're doing anyone who is extremely self-conscious of their weight a favor...

'Negative body-image' can go either way. It doesn't apply to overweight people only. Speaking negatively about any 'kind' of body type (fat, skinny, tall, short, whatever) all has the same effect.

pikachief
Aug 2, 2012, 02:29 AM
I feel like bikinis also make the girls look like they just went under a steam roller. Their torso's just look weird and really thin and long to me.

Angelo
Aug 2, 2012, 02:31 AM
'Negative body-image' can go either way. It doesn't apply to overweight people only. Speaking negatively about any 'kind' of body type (fat, skinny, tall, short, whatever) all has the same effect.

Yeah, in fact this whole thread could be making someone with a body type similar to the bikini model incredibly self-conscious about their body image.

But since our culture is tailor-made to appease double-standards it just flies above everyone's head.

On-topic: All the costumes are really separate body-models that scale accordingly to whatever presets you've got. They've been doing this in PSU where they took this to an extreme level with some costumes like the Beast Male default where your character could look like a beefy wall while wearing it and like a dumpy doofus in any other outfit.

Basically, if you, for whatever reason, plan on wearing the bikini permanently you might want to invest some AC in the makeover shop and tailor your character's build to it.

Amaranthus
Aug 2, 2012, 02:39 AM
Wow. Another bikini thread. I made this post on the Screenshot thread and i'm re-posting it here:

Them bikinis don't look that bad, just don't zoom in and you'll be fine.

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/LacrimosaeFiLthe/bikini1.jpghttp://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/LacrimosaeFiLthe/bikini2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Hmm.. waterballoons.
I'll still be buying my cast one.

Can anyone show me them bikinis on PSU? I'm curious.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 02:46 AM

Here (http://i.imgur.com/SVmsQ.jpg). Not a straight-on shot, but it's the best I got.

pikachief
Aug 2, 2012, 02:47 AM
Wow. Another bikini thread. I made this post on the Screenshot thread and i'm re-posting it here:

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/8/1040/bikini_swimwear__female_/

Amaranthus
Aug 2, 2012, 03:03 AM
You can also even see a upper "ass crack" aswell and that looks really tacky.

I find this really funny, tho I can't see the upper "ass crack" on mine. Maybe I will when I buy one. XD

Was actually looking foward to them too since I love the bikini in psu.

I'd say PSU bikinis beat PSO2's with its wide selection.. other than that, I think the PSO2 two piece panties look better from up front.

EDIT: And thanks for the reference.

Cyclon
Aug 2, 2012, 03:05 AM
Basically, if you, for whatever reason, plan on wearing the bikini permanently you might want to invest some AC in the makeover shop and tailor your character's build to it.
This is actually the only reason I can find in order to explain why they went that way with the body model. As far as I know, people aren't usually particularily turned on by ribs.
...even then, I have a hard time seeing this as anything else than a stupid move on their part.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 2, 2012, 04:35 AM
IMO a bikini looks fine on on a female character that has "muscle tone" set to "0" or "None" and wasn't body shaped/proportioned to look like mal-nurished 13-14 yr old.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, no, as someone who gets told on a daily basis to "gain some weight", I find this incredibly callous and self-centered behavior. There is no benefit to telling me to do so, it's just irritating. I am not anorexic, and besides that, telling someone who is anorexic to just "gain some weight" is about as productive as telling an obese man to lose it. IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE.

If I'm well-fed and get my vits and mins, that should be enough. The fact that I just have a metabolism that refuses to maintain any ingested fat is really none of your, or anyone else's, business.

Did I mention "ribs showing" is not anorexic-looking on its own? Because it isn't (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=anorexic&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&biw=1680&bih=893&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=MYoaUO7nHqX02wXr7oCIBQ). Seriously, go click on that link and educate yourself. I am getting really tired of this junk.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 2, 2012, 10:42 AM
Soooo because people IRL tell you that you need to gain some weight you come here and take your everyday life frustrations out on us? =/

That doesn't seem very nice and it's pretty rude from your part.

I don't see how anyone can find this topic offensive unless you are some sissy who gets offended by any minor thing.

This topic isn't meant to be offensive to anyone. I think most know this already. If it was i'm sure people would have alled me out on it already.

Also, most people have something called "preference" some people find skinny/thin people like you attractive some don't. Some men like their woman nice and curvy some like em flat.

So please go cry somewhere else about your inner everyday life problems. This isn't the proper place to do so. Since no one here is trying to offend you, and I highly doubt people want to hear your whining.

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 10:55 AM
Anyway... The PSU Bikinis were much better. Also, it had speedos. Speedos were good for hilarity.

Neko Mage
Aug 2, 2012, 11:04 AM
A one-piece swimsuit would warrant my money, sadly ... please don't make it happen so soon, Sega, I would have cash flow problems.

Kion
Aug 2, 2012, 11:14 AM
I don't mind the bikini as much as mind all of the loli's running around in bikini's. This game makes me feel dirty....

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2012, 11:39 AM
Soooo because people IRL tell you that you need to gain some weight you come here and take your everyday life frustrations out on us? =/
No, because people on here are completely, moronically insensitive and absolutely cannot state their preferences without using loaded phrases like "anorexic-looking" I have to lambaste them for being, well, rather dickish.

Speaking of, your entire post reeks of selfishness. You haven't been paying attention at all, have you? If you have, you clearly lack reading comprehension. I am not here to entertain that kind of ignorance. If you're going to approve of such asinine behavior, that is a problem. How can you not see that?

Polly
Aug 2, 2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah, no, as someone who gets told on a daily basis to "gain some weight", I find this incredibly callous and self-centered behavior. There is no benefit to telling me to do so, it's just irritating. I am not anorexic, and besides that, telling someone who is anorexic to just "gain some weight" is about as productive as telling an obese man to lose it. IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE.

If I'm well-fed and get my vits and mins, that should be enough. The fact that I just have a metabolism that refuses to maintain any ingested fat is really none of your, or anyone else's, business.

Did I mention "ribs showing" is not anorexic-looking on its own? Because it isn't (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=anorexic&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&biw=1680&bih=893&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=MYoaUO7nHqX02wXr7oCIBQ). Seriously, go click on that link and educate yourself. I am getting really tired of this junk.

God damn it, I love you! Preach on.

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 11:44 AM
I don't mind the bikini as much as mind all of the loli's running around in bikini's. This game makes me feel dirty....

I felt much worse when playing Tera KR. Damn Elin.

Ark22
Aug 2, 2012, 11:46 AM
You guys and your arguments:wacko:

I swear, reading this makes my life feel so much better.

But not gonna lie, if a girls waste is small and small enough to make the lower parts of her rib cage show, that doesn't look healthy. Just one of those weird skinny models that society thinks "is" hot.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 2, 2012, 11:49 AM
Anorexic space elves look even more ridiculous because we have so much more control over character creation from arm and leg length, to fat.

We didn't have this for PSU which is why bikinis didn't look as bad as they do here. lol

You really get to see what the sicko behind the character thought was a good idea at creation when they wear next to nothing...

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 12:04 PM
One pieces were the best in PSU, oh lawd. Need those in this game to cover some...weirdness.

mctastee
Aug 2, 2012, 12:09 PM
Never planned on buying one myself because it seemed kind of boring. Was hoping for a 1 piece swimsuit like a school swimsuit, but I guess that didn't happen.

Sticking with my yukata because it matches perfectly and looks good.
I agree with this statement. As much as I like the bikinis, I would have preferred a school swimsuit.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 12:12 PM
I agree with this statement. As much as I like the bikinis, I would have preferred a school swimsuit.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a swimsuit like this (https://yande.re/sample/e76b733c42f940517b952fcf0aa8f579/yande.re%20157565%20sample.jpg) either, just as long as the muscle definition (where applicable) was outlined under the suit. i mean, it is skin-tight, after all.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah, in fact this whole thread could be making someone with a body type similar to the bikini model incredibly self-conscious about their body image.

But since our culture is tailor-made to appease double-standards it just flies above everyone's head.

God damn it, I love you! Preach on.
Just felt like quoting these and saying thanks for the input.

But not gonna lie, if a girls waste is small and small enough to make the lower parts of her rib cage show, that doesn't look healthy. Just one of those weird skinny models that society thinks "is" hot.
No, that's two misconceptions on your part. First of all, it's obviously NOT something society universally thinks "is hot", as is pretty heavily evidenced by this thread alone. Whoever worked on the bikini model just happened to like the look, and their bosses approved. That's a small number of people, not necessarily a reflection of society as a whole.

Secondly, "ribs showing" is NOT actually all that unhealthy, that is just ridiculous, I don't know how that spread but it's starting to make me sick. You will have ribs showing naturally if you're just low weight or even just have the right fat-lean ratio, without any special effort on your part. Perhaps you just don't like the skinny look, but that has nothing to do with healthiness and everything to do with your perception of it (which has clearly been warped to think anything even remotely approaching "skinny" is dangerous, which it is not). Case in point. (http://voices.yahoo.com/a-womans-ribs-showing-doesnt-mean-shes-too-thin-745685.html)

Anorexic space elves look even more ridiculous because we have so much more control over character creation from arm and leg length, to fat.

We didn't have this for PSU which is why bikinis didn't look as bad as they do here. lol

You really get to see what the sicko behind the character thought was a good idea at creation when they wear next to nothing...Well, some characters do look ridiculously stick-thin... you can actually get a character, male or female, that has an unnaturally long, thin torso that just doesn't look like it could function in the real-world.

But even at the thinniest, most unnaturally skinny level, it just never looks real because there's no impression of boniness whatsoever. That's a good thing, as obviously real anorexia is bloody awful and no one should ever, ever wish to lay eyes on such a thing.

Speaking of, "Anorexic Space Elves" may be accurate for some creations out there, but it still seems rather callous to make light of something that is obviously a very terrible disorder... There has to be a better name.

kkow
Aug 2, 2012, 12:49 PM
i like my anorexic space elves, go away.

Polly
Aug 2, 2012, 01:22 PM
Speaking of, "Anorexic Space Elves" may be accurate for some creations out there, but it still seems rather callous to make light of something that is obviously a very terrible disorder... There has to be a better name.

There probably is, but asking for any kind of sensitivity on the internet is pretty much useless, I've found. :\

Zipzo
Aug 2, 2012, 03:09 PM

Alright, here goes.

You may have a point in that ribs being visible is not a direct sign of anorexia. I never once in this thread tied the visible ribs to being an anorexic trait, someone else did that. I simply voiced that it doesn't look natural and although ribs may be visible on perfectly healthy women, it doesn't look proper and unnoticeable on the female models of PSO2.

My proof?

The many actual women I've dated in real life or pictures I've seen of naked women across the span of the entire internet?

Should I link you a google search of "naked women"? The upper rib showing blatantly below the bottom of the breast on most of the female characters is an oddity, I have never seen that on my nude woman or any woman in a bikini I've laid my eyes on. That's why it caught my attention in the first place. Typically, on healthy women you will see slight visual signs of the ribcage, but not a giant over the top single rib shape under their breasts like on the models of PSO2.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/draketai/ribsinbikini.jpg

This is what a "typical" thin female looks like in about close to 99% of women I've seen in bikini. There are variances sure. We're not talking about variances though, we're talking about "normal".

Yes, visual signs of ribs is not bad. The visual signal in PSO2, looks weird. Simple as that. You might as well take it a step further and blame every single gamer here for making a female character in the first place, because each and everyone one of them is a testament to impossible body image.

Nextly, the pendulum absolutely does not swing both ways. Anorexia has an astronomically low presence in general, at less than 1% (for both men and women). The opposite of anorexia? Practically non-existent. The only documented disorder that's even close to the opposite would be bigorexia (which is just a layman term), and that layman term is actually misleading because bigorexia actually refers to a disorder that is most typically found in men involving the constant lack of feeling as though you are muscular. This makes someone with bigorexia a frequent gym goer, or abuser of steroids, and this disorder is obviously not relevant to the conversation.

Therefore stating that the females in PSO2 need to eat, or even going so far as to exaggerate by saying they look "anorexic" is simply a joke at its worst, and positive in the light of anorexia at best. Maybe you should educate yourself (on presumably your own gender)?

Kylie
Aug 4, 2012, 01:12 AM
They're okay. They're just bright as Hell, and I'd much rather have them with heels. Plus, the colors I'd want are missing: red, pink, purple, black, and leopard print! I'll probably buy one eventually but not for more than 500k.

Narugami
Aug 4, 2012, 01:18 AM
What do you mean? Bikinis are sexy! Just look at this babe!

http://puu.sh/OtI7.jpg

EDIT: New link

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 01:38 AM
Just felt like quoting these and saying thanks for the input.

No, that's two misconceptions on your part. First of all, it's obviously NOT something society universally thinks "is hot", as is pretty heavily evidenced by this thread alone. Whoever worked on the bikini model just happened to like the look, and their bosses approved. That's a small number of people, not necessarily a reflection of society as a whole.

Secondly, "ribs showing" is NOT actually all that unhealthy, that is just ridiculous, I don't know how that spread but it's starting to make me sick. You will have ribs showing naturally if you're just low weight or even just have the right fat-lean ratio, without any special effort on your part. Perhaps you just don't like the skinny look, but that has nothing to do with healthiness and everything to do with your perception of it (which has clearly been warped to think anything even remotely approaching "skinny" is dangerous, which it is not). Case in point. (http://voices.yahoo.com/a-womans-ribs-showing-doesnt-mean-shes-too-thin-745685.html)

Well, some characters do look ridiculously stick-thin... you can actually get a character, male or female, that has an unnaturally long, thin torso that just doesn't look like it could function in the real-world.

But even at the thinniest, most unnaturally skinny level, it just never looks real because there's no impression of boniness whatsoever. That's a good thing, as obviously real anorexia is bloody awful and no one should ever, ever wish to lay eyes on such a thing.

Just to throw this out there. Yes, I'm a guy, as though there was any doubt.

I've always been thin. If I don't work out or exercise for as little as three weeks, I look very thin. Almost dangerously, unhealthily thin. I eat plenty, I just have a fast metabolism. Eating fatty foods just makes my number 2's quite a bit more...urgent. Easy come, easy go.

So yeah, my ribcage shows. It doesn't look particularly healthy, but it's right there in the open if my shirt is off. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just my body type. Plenty of people have the exact same body type.

Nothing is wrong with being heavier than average either. It's where you hit the extremes that people take issue. Anorexia is a serious mental disorder. It's not something you can just shrug off or ignore - that's the fucking point. If it was that easy to dismiss it wouldn't exist. Tossing around the term "anorexic" for things like this is callous and, to a person suffering from anorexia, potentially offensive and one of the last reminders they need to hear. Each person's experience with a mental or physical disorder varies, and while some can handle something well others plainly cannot. Please keep that in mind.

That said, personally I find a lot of the bikini wearing characters in this game so thin with rib cages so pronounced that they're unattractive. That isn't to say rib cages are unattractive, it's just many of these characters cross the line for me where I say "Okay, no, that's too thin." A lot of them do look unhealthy. But, then, to the untrained eye, so do I and plenty of other naturally thin people - which is why I keep those thoughts to myself for the most part.

That's just the way it is. Don't hate.

Darki
Aug 4, 2012, 01:51 AM
Maybe it's because I've studied anatomy in the arts school, but I don't find that ugly at all. I find ugly a real anorexic body (ugly, not just for the visual part only, but for the ugliness of that problem), but finding "traces of the body build beneath the skin" is something that I find nice. And as it was said, ribcage showing doesn't come with anorexia. hell, my girlfriend has a nice belly (not fat at all, but not a "flat belly" model, and still showing some ribs.

I find it... Anatomically satisfying.

Am I a weirdo? xD

Freshellent
Aug 4, 2012, 02:20 AM
Pixelated fan service offends me.

Zipzo
Aug 4, 2012, 02:38 AM
Maybe it's because I've studied anatomy in the arts school, but I don't find that ugly at all. I find ugly a real anorexic body (ugly, not just for the visual part only, but for the ugliness of that problem), but finding "traces of the body build beneath the skin" is something that I find nice. And as it was said, ribcage showing doesn't come with anorexia. hell, my girlfriend has a nice belly (not fat at all, but not a "flat belly" model, and still showing some ribs.

I find it... Anatomically satisfying.

Am I a weirdo? xDStop associating the rib complaint with the anorexia comments. You're contributing to the down-turn of this conversation.

As I explained in my post...ribs showing is normal on a thin female. Some visual sign. The blatant, single visual rib busting out below the bottom of the breasts on the PSO2 female model is a noticeable oddity.

This isn't about real life people. It's about video-game chicks.

Meevs
Aug 4, 2012, 02:58 AM
LoL

Arguments like these are pointless really, because there will always be two sides who feel strongly about their beliefs, such as feminism for example, there are women who would love to just cater to the male and play a female role... but that's not we deal with, we deal with the women who would like to be politicians, high powered moguls, because they're more outspoken, etc. etc. So it's a losing argument on things such as equal financing, the biggest one being religion, and now homosexuality... look at the whole Chickfila incident, I mean they prob. raked in a nice profit for him fueling controversy... something that will only change with a catastrophic event, just like racism...

Anyway, more women "accross the world" deal with pressure to lose weight as opposed to gaining weight. Most of the time, weight gain is something medical, so that's prob. why "anorexic is used as an easy adjective...

...and what's also funny is that most smaller females(who do look sick) definitely would jump at the chance to make fun of a larger female or male if the time called for it... usually beginning with the phrase "I would rather..." lol... I actually heard this on campus the other day(which is why I find this so amusing ATM)... and the girl who was being commenting on looked really sexy(I'm def. a guy who likes curves)...

Also that pic of the chick on the beach, LAWL, dude where is the rib? I don't see anything lol, and an example would be.... she's not curvy enough lol...I need some body.

Since I only have a console :( and a decent laptop with an intergrated gfx card I cant see them first hand but my friend sends me pics while playing, and id say they look Japanese...

Japanese standards are different, I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet lol, I love "Native" Japanese girls, and can't wait till my last year of school is over to start teaching in Japan, but I also love girls with a body, and I've also noticed while watching countless dramas, that an ass is taboo in Japan, and breasts are in(it's a minority thing to like a girl with an ass in Japan...id say very small %...more like a fetish)...

...but in America... PAUSE

Originally Posted by Ark22

...was talking with a professor the other day and she mentioned that we create our own societies...

...my response, "while this is true, personal societies and believes that affect our daily lives are at the forefront of our concerns, but it doesn't dismiss the fact that there is a society that affects us all... for instance... me LoL... I like Japanese fashion... so like many who dress how they feel(which has a lot to do with music, and in certain occasions other facts) I'm usually dressed that way... In my society, it's understood, even on another level of my society it's misunderstood, but on another level, a level that many people seem to draw to, its considered "weird" for someone like me(key point) to dress the way I do.

...to sum it up, there is "a society" in America that says girls who are skinny is the norm, just because curves have grown popular with a smaller group and they happen to post to a forum, doesn't mean there isn't a society. Music, certain sports, foods, activities all these have stereotypes used by society.

A good way to think about it is this way... American society ---> Then broken down by region ----> and it continues until your in a group in some small town or whatever... so that ribby bikini model, isnt just something that happened to be like by bosses, its a national....err international fad... (world wide society) that has stuck, it's been unhealthy for many females out there and it wont change because it's generally accepted.

...CONTINUE... so yeah American's will typically say a girl is too fat if she has a nice ass, I mean really curvy... some people even think Jessica Biel's butt is too big, which is just ridiculous.... Japanese diets are different, its odd for someone to be over weight(which is frighteningly different than what we consider overweight)... sigh...

...I guess I did all this b/c of the convo me and teach had lol...^^;

Zipzo
Aug 4, 2012, 03:03 AM
The whole point was there isn't that much rib in the picture while she is neither overly skinny or fat, it was a joke. Are you really that dense or were you just kidding...?

Also, that's great that you're a chubby chaser but your opinion doesn't reflect that of the general male population.

Also, way too much IRL tying in to PSO2.

Darki
Aug 4, 2012, 03:04 AM
Stop associating the rib complaint with the anorexia comments. You're contributing to the down-turn of this conversation.

As I explained in my post...ribs showing is normal on a thin female. Some visual sign. The blatant, single visual rib busting out below the bottom of the breasts on the PSO2 female model is a noticeable oddity.

This isn't about real life people. It's about video-game chicks.

Maybe you gotta slow down and read my post again, because I didn't associate in any form the way ribs showing with anorexia. I just mentioned anorexia because it's in the thread.

I'm so councious of "what you mentioned in your post", that I even used a close example to show that I don't relate anorexia with ribs showing.

No wonder people argue with you all the time, with that habit of jumping to conclusions so fast.

Zipzo
Aug 4, 2012, 03:07 AM
Maybe you gotta slow down and read my post again, because I didn't associate in any form the way ribs showing with anorexia. I just mentioned anorexia because it's in the thread.

I'm so councious of "what you mentioned in your post", that I even used a close example to show that I don't relate anorexia with ribs showing.

No wonder people argue with you all the time, with that habit of jumping to conclusions so fast.

You blatantly said "rib cage showing doesn't mean anorexia". Maybe you should read your own posts?

Darki
Aug 4, 2012, 03:13 AM
So in what form does that sentence mean that I relate the game's bikini model with anorexia, unless you're complaining about an inverse relation?

Also, the ribcage showing complaint worded as "anorexic" is something that has come from those who complain about it, not me. I just added my opinion as that for me it doesn't seem that way.

Kylie
Aug 4, 2012, 05:19 AM
Ya know, I thought the whole "rib comment" was stupid, but then, I saw a tiny, little newearl by the class counter in a blue bikini. Poor thing. I wanted to start up an infomercial just for starving children like her. Then again, she has to have money to have obtained a blue bikini... I don't think the bikinis look bad on everyone, but yeah... now I see your point.

Neith
Aug 4, 2012, 05:30 AM
The ribs thing isn't too much a problem until you put it on a larger character; larger character shouldn't really be showing ribs so it just looks stupid.

Having said that, I tried using it on my newearl (who is slim) and it looked awful. Looked like she hadn't seen a good meal in weeks.

I'll stick with yukata and use bikinis for profit.

Zipzo
Aug 4, 2012, 05:37 AM
Another strange feature of the models in PSO2 is the skin color difference between in-creation and in-game. No matter WHAT you pick unless you're going for a black skin color, you look pale pretty much, which attributes to the weirdness in my opinion because it seems odd to have a bunch bikini sporting chicks all be so pale.

Sizustar
Aug 4, 2012, 05:45 AM
Another strange feature of the models in PSO2 is the skin color difference between in-creation and in-game. No matter WHAT you pick unless you're going for a black skin color, you look pale pretty much, which attributes to the weirdness in my opinion because it seems odd to have a bunch bikini sporting chicks all be so pale.

That has more to do with lighting and shadow problem.
It's really obivious on Cast, when you set normal skin color, they look deathly pale in Ark Lobby or place with no light.

Meevs
Aug 4, 2012, 10:38 AM
The whole point was there isn't that much rib in the picture while she is neither overly skinny or fat, it was a joke. Are you really that dense or were you just kidding...?

All I said was that I didn't see anything, you def. jump to conclusions.

Also, that's great that you're a chubby chaser but your opinion doesn't reflect that of the general male population.

chubby chaser huh, sounds exactly like the person talking about not generalizing about anorexia, this is the problem