PDA

View Full Version : What does each stat contribute to exactly?

Silver Crow
Aug 1, 2012, 02:50 PM
I only know roughly what each stat contributes to please help me out.

For example, does S-Atk affect PA damage aswell as normal attacks? And what does the tech stat do?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 02:56 PM
PA damage is based on your attack stat, so yes
tech is for Force spells and card projectiles
unless you mean Ability, in which it increases your minimum damage against tough enemies and stuff

Kanore
Aug 1, 2012, 03:42 PM
Ability (Dexterity in the Patch) closes the gap between the min/max damage potential or something

Silver Crow
Aug 1, 2012, 04:09 PM
Ah, so from what I've read:

S-Attack affects Melee attacks and PA
R-Attack affects Ranged attacks and PA
Tech affects Card projectile and Force spells
Ability/Dexterity closes gap of min-max dmg

is that correct?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 04:11 PM
Ah, so from what I've read:

S-Attack affects Melee attacks and PA
R-Attack affects Ranged attacks and PA
Tech affects Card projectile and Force spells
Ability/Dexterity closes gap of min-max dmg

is that correct?

Sure
Some weapons in each category require Ability/Dexterity to equip as well (although Gunslash is primarily Ability requirement)

Silver Crow
Aug 1, 2012, 04:56 PM
Sure
Some weapons in each category require Ability/Dexterity to equip as well (although Gunslash is primarily Ability requirement)

thanks

Dextro
Aug 1, 2012, 05:37 PM
Oh, it's also pretty important to note that every mag other than 2 currently have their PB damage affected by S-atk.

I think the exceptions are:
Corvus - modified by R-attack,
and Apus - modified by T-attack.

Coatl
Aug 1, 2012, 09:45 PM
Oh, it's also pretty important to note that every mag other than 2 currently have their PB damage affected by S-atk.

and Apus - modified by T-attack.

So the pure tech and range mags use S-atk for PB damage?
This makes little sense..

Dammy
Aug 1, 2012, 09:53 PM
pure tech mag dont have damage PB anyway

Jonth
Aug 2, 2012, 07:06 AM
Honestly, I still believe there needs to be a lot more research done about this. I have come across way too many differing opinions on what these stats do.

For example, I believe I have heard that Ability effects min/max damage distance before, but I have also heard that it increases overall damage dealt and decreases damage taken when your ability is higher than the monster being fought.

Also, research had been done in alpha-2 that led a lot of us to believe that a lot of weapons had two different damage modifying stats. For example, a Staff's melee damage is believed to be based off of not only S-ATK but T-ATK as well. Cards, in like manner, were supposed to be based off of not only R-ATK but T-ATK as well.

So to the OP, in some cases, your guess is probably as good as others. Yeah, in some circumstances it is simple to figure out. When you get hit by a melee attack, the attack is lessened by your S-DEF. However, there is a lot of information that hasn't been made canon about the stats yet.

Hrith
Aug 2, 2012, 07:16 AM

and Apus - modified by T-attack.Nope. My damage with Cepheus (Ajax Proi) has increased from 300 to 700 while I was at Lv40 (so no S-ATK gain), but my Mag gained 100 R-ATK.

For example, I believe I have heard that Ability effects min/max damage distance beforeAll tests have proven otherwise. This rumour is erroneous.

but I have also heard that it increases overall damage dealt and decreases damage taken when your ability is higher than the monster being fought.This is information officially given by SEGA, and is easily noticeable: play a Lv20 character against Lv34 enemies (Dark Ragne City mission) then the same character against the same enemies but Lv20, as a FOcaseal, my average Rafoie damage went from 300 to 700. It is a lot harder to test damage received, though.

Jonth
Aug 2, 2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks Hrith, I was initially more inclined to believe it the way you pointed out, but I didn't really have the evidence to support it. I just wish all these little scenarios, and functionality would finally get worked out. I think I'm going to ask Lostbob to look into acquiring and posting the various stat formulas on his wiki.

JeyKama
Aug 2, 2012, 07:37 AM
For example, I believe I have heard that Ability effects min/max damage distance before, but I have also heard that it increases overall damage dealt and decreases damage taken when your ability is higher than the monster being fought.

Ability does nothing to the max damage. It scales the minimum amount up linearly the more Ability you have, up to a point where it apparently stops being effective (since scaling min damage above max would probably make the in-game universe explode) which is at about 96% max.

So yes it increases overall damage by raising average damage done, but not the top-end damage.

As far as I know it has nothing to do your damage taken, but since Sub units use ability... It's a little more annoying to test defense though and usually people don't care as long as it really does cause them to take less damage :p

If you want to see my math/numbers, it's in the guide forum somewhere

Also, research had been done in alpha-2 that led a lot of us to believe that a lot of weapons had two different damage modifying stats. For example, a Staff's melee damage is believed to be based off of not only S-ATK but T-ATK as well. Cards, in like manner, were supposed to be based off of not only R-ATK but T-ATK as well.

A lot of "research" on this forum is not well-planned at all but I don't know anything about that. It's not hard to test at all though... find a nice mob like a Gilnatch, wear no-ability armor for one series of hits, some technic-only armor for another, then some power-only armor, then beat on the mob until you get a crit for each set. Same with cards, but with R-ATK.

No need to "believe"... Just don't introduce any other variables or else you're asking for a headache (figuring out what determines the Ability drop-off... that's going to be fun)

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 07:45 AM
All tests have proven otherwise. This rumour is erroneous.

link pls

JeyKama
Aug 2, 2012, 08:53 AM
Really dude? There wasn't any need for that. Your entire post seemed pretty credible until I come to the part where you openly bash orthodox religion for absolutely no apparent reason. Yes, I am orthodox Christian.

I leave myself completely open to jabs for believing in evolution.

You'll have to "forgive me". It's usually this big circular affair that's left me bitter wondering how people can be perfectly sane in their left brain, but when it comes to their religion, it's like... seeing lolis beat up enormous beings of concentrated darkness in bikinis... you know?

Anyway. My point was, a lot of people are more than willing to accept things based on bad data and assumptions, and that's not healthy. Video games are written on computers, which at their core, just work in 0s and 1s. If someone's assumption seems off, it's not super hard to test it yourself. Just make sure your tests are structured well.

Now you've done it! My muslim self isn't going to be nice about this! Ship 2 is about to go out with a bang!

OK! Let's go make Ability cause the min damage to do NEGATIVE INVERSE MAXIMAL DAMAGE to the δx POWER. That'd probably break more than just the ship.

Maybe I should have said "ultra-orthodox"... ah the categories people place themselves into.

Anyway... I apologize for derailing the thread, sorry. Stats. stats.stats.

Meji
Aug 2, 2012, 09:08 AM
Doesn't the 'Ability' skill also raise the Critical Hit ratio?

JeyKama
Aug 2, 2012, 09:19 AM
If it does, there's no way to tell without 1000+ hit tests. Even with 500+ hits with a good chunk being at ability cap, I only recorded a couple dozen crits.

It's sort of like asking if the chances of Adirou dropping is 0.01% or 0.02%................................ because even if 0.02% is 200% of 0.01%... it's still pretty freaking small.

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 09:47 AM
Doesn't the 'Ability' skill also raise the Critical Hit ratio?

It doesn't.
That was one of the first theories of what ability did initially.
But it was proven otherwise.

kkow
Aug 2, 2012, 09:58 AM
guess i should have done my research beforehand... i initially thought ability would scale my PAs... fffthisabilitymag

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2012, 10:05 AM
Increasing your min damage is just as worthy, y'know. It can increase your DPS dramatically.

Jonth
Aug 2, 2012, 10:17 AM
I leave myself completely open to jabs for believing in evolution.

Anyway. My point was, a lot of people are more than willing to accept things based on bad data and assumptions, and that's not healthy. Video games are written on computers, which at their core, just work in 0s and 1s. If someone's assumption seems off, it's not super hard to test it yourself. Just make sure your tests are structured well.

Maybe I should have said "ultra-orthodox"... ah the categories people place themselves into.

Oh, evolution... Maybe I'm a little less orthodox than what I thought you were talking about. Not necessarily convinced of evolution myself, but it isn't because of my religion, and I don't believe it's heresy to consider evolution. What with a day being as a thousand years, and a thousand years as a day to God, there is no telling how long the 7 days in Genesis was.

Anyway, to get back on topic, stats. You provide some very good advice as far as testing goes.

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 10:23 AM
Increasing your min damage is just as worthy, y'know. It can increase your DPS dramatically.

IMO Ability is a must.
It is pretty useful as a force to know how many hits will kill an enemy, but if you were to be dealing 1k damage one hit, and 500 damage the next, it makes everything pretty inconsistent.