PDA

View Full Version : Changing Costume Color

The Metal
Aug 1, 2012, 03:33 PM
Much apologies if this has been asked a million times, but for the life of me I cannot receive a straight answer, even when using the search function.

I've heard that in order to change my costume color I need to trade in a Rappy Suit to some NPC, and get a card to change my costume color. I then heard that the Rappy Suites are going to expire on 8/1, which is today.

So, my questions are: Can I still obtain a color changing card for my costume the same way as of today? If so, how do I get a Rappy Suit, and how much is it?

If not, then how do I get about changing my costume color? :-?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 03:41 PM
The method has not changed, actually
You buy a Rappy Suit from a player shop, for 1.15 mil meseta, and use the ticket normally

IndigoNovember
Aug 1, 2012, 04:15 PM
Still boggles the mind that even though it's going out of rotation, the price has gone down from what it was when it was in rotation @_@ .

The Metal
Aug 1, 2012, 04:17 PM
The method has not changed, actually
You buy a Rappy Suit from a player shop, for 1.15 mil meseta, and use the ticket normally

Ahh yes, the F2P model shines through, like any other game - as we can very well observe here.

Well then, time to grind...I guess.

Clunker
Aug 1, 2012, 06:43 PM
And one color change card/ticket works ONCE, and only once?
What about for CASTs? I understand something about them getting a color-slider unlock?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 07:05 PM
And one color change card/ticket works ONCE, and only once?
What about for CASTs? I understand something about them getting a color-slider unlock?

I have not tested this. But, if a ticket let us change all 4 colors at once, that would be rather.. worth it

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2012, 08:33 PM
Still boggles the mind that even though it's going out of rotation, the price has gone down from what it was when it was in rotation @_@ .

Because there's currently a event going on if you spent 3000 AC on the Scratch ticket you'll receive a free Rappy suit.

DARKWINGDARA
Aug 1, 2012, 08:41 PM
for CAST, just get premium and body paint (main color) is free of charge.
everyone else, just browse the player shops 'til your color pops up.

Mike
Aug 1, 2012, 08:43 PM
Because there's currently a event going on if you spent 3000 AC on the Scratch ticket you'll receive a free Rappy suit.
And that's a real good deal, you know. 3000AC is around 38 dollars.

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2012, 08:44 PM
I have not tested this. But, if a ticket let us change all 4 colors at once, that would be rather.. worth it

It does.

Though if you are someone who likes to change clothing colors regularly it's not so great.

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2012, 08:53 PM

People that get Scratch ticket, tend to get the 2000 or 5000 for 11 scratch ticket bundle.
And as it's a bonus, Sega doesn't have to give anything.

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 08:55 PM
It does.

Though if you are someone who likes to change clothing colors regularly it's not so great.*Sigh

:(

Mike
Aug 1, 2012, 09:00 PM
People that get Scratch ticket, tend to get the 2000 or 5000 for 11 scratch ticket bundle.
And as it's a bonus, Sega doesn't have to give anything.
Sega isn't giving anyone anything. Sega is selling the rappy suit for 38 dollars.

Crystal_Shard
Aug 1, 2012, 10:09 PM
Agreeing with Mike on this one, and going to add a bit more kindle to that fire. This 3000 AC Scratch with 1 free Rappy suit sounds like Sega's compromise solution for being banned from having Gacha completion cards. The odds are slightly better, but you're still buying 15 tickets (or 10 + 2 gold = 12 specific scratch outfits) and getting the Rappy Suit for "free".

Yay for end runs around the law. :P

ShadowDragon28
Aug 2, 2012, 12:13 AM
The *only* thing in PSO2 that pisses me off is that a Rappy Suit is the only costume accepted by the Recycle Shop. It's f**king stupid. ANY costume or any 1 costume from AC Scratch should be accepted for trade to get a Color Change Ticket. WTF Sakai? wtf? >:-{

Hivolt
Aug 2, 2012, 12:18 AM
How does the color change ticket actually work anyway? Not seen any threads on it.

As I understand it, with casts it lets you change your colors of your armor like the character creator.

How does this work on human cloths though? Does it let you select a clothing color available to the clothing set or something?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 2, 2012, 12:22 AM
How does the color change ticket actually work anyway? Not seen any threads on it.

As I understand it, with casts it lets you change your colors of your armor like the character creator.

How does this work on human cloths though? Does it let you select a clothing color available to the clothing set or something?

They get a color box like the Cast colors do

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 12:24 AM
The *only* thing in PSO2 that pisses me off is that a Rappy Suit is the only costume accepted by the Recycle Shop. It's f**king stupid. ANY costume or any 1 costume from AC Scratch should be accepted for trade to get a Color Change Ticket. WTF Sakai? wtf? >:-{

You are just really (t)upset about this whole 'Rappy Suit' business.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 2, 2012, 12:25 AM
The Color Change Ticket unlocks the Color Change Slider in the Make Over Shop, the part of Clothing/Parts that are able to be re-colored can be re-colored. Say you have the all white Cross Quater costume, the middle shirt, side of sleeves and part of the legs which are "linked" can be re-colored with the color slider to any color, even total black, but the main White pieces of that costume remain white though. Used with certain costumes, it *might* change most of the clothing color, depending on the style of Costume...

DeathByPogs
Aug 2, 2012, 11:02 AM

Plus whatever you get from the scratch

supernova
Aug 3, 2012, 02:58 AM
for CAST, just get premium and body paint (main color) is free of charge.
everyone else, just browse the player shops 'til your color pops up.

How? I have premium and I still don't see the option.

Meevs
Aug 19, 2012, 12:05 PM
Wow, am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous, just to change colors? ...and not even completely customizable. Tsk tsk...f2p...

Zyrusticae
Aug 19, 2012, 12:11 PM
It is ridiculous.

Fortunately, Sakai has said they plan on making all AC costumes and scratch items trade-able for color tickets in the near future. Of course, this may mean that costume prices in general skyrocket as demand for color tickets is incredibly high, but that should drop off after the initial rush ends.

Jakosifer
Aug 19, 2012, 12:31 PM
It'd be cool if we could use meseta for customization like the other PS games. You know, meseta not put into some other players account. :^]

Gardios
Aug 19, 2012, 12:38 PM
Don't worry, Dudu gets all of our money.

superbadpig
Sep 11, 2012, 12:27 PM
Can we recycle the white rappy suit or it's just the yellow one?

methaniel
Sep 11, 2012, 12:39 PM
Can we recycle the white rappy suit or it's just the yellow one?

You can recycle both, but since starting tomorrow there will be other way to get the color change pass, it may be better to sell it if you don't want it. There will be now 3 methods to recycle into in a color change pass: Rappy suit, 14 AC Scratch Item and an unknown one

Ryo
Sep 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
Can you link me to where this "third method" is referenced? I haven't been keeping up on news lately. Thanks!