PDA

View Full Version : Additional Skill Tree/Skill Tree resets information

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 10:42 PM
So I myself was a little confused on how it worked exactly but I think I do have it figured out.

You cannot reset your default tree, I'm sure anyone who has avoided AC knows this. However, when you try to, the prompt you get actually states that you are unable to progress further with dispensing your AC on a reset because you must be currently locked in to a different tree.

This doesn't mean you can just change to a Hunter from your regular Force, because even if you change to a Hunter, your Force build is still locked as your "current" Force skill tree.

The default tree is indeed able to be reset but, you must purchase an additional skill tree, then an additional 1000AC in order to reset either tree, because in order to reset the default one you need an additional one available to swap to so your Force tree can be locked to a different tree from the one you want to reset.

I have to say I'm a tad bit disappointed in this. This means that in order to reset your first, you are essentially forced to make two purchases, the additional tree and the skill reset. It seems incredibly obtuse and arbitrary that they wouldn't just simply let you purchase a reset, and use it as you please on your tree regardless of additional ones or not.

Them's the breaks I guess.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 10:49 PM
Maybe they're too lazy to let people suddenly lose their bonuses while keeping units equipped, then not put points into it and never change units ever again

UnLucky
Aug 1, 2012, 10:51 PM
Why would you ever want to reset your skill tree without having purchased an extra?

Just switch to it and never go back.

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 10:54 PM
Why would you ever want to reset your skill tree without having purchased an extra?

Just switch to it and never go back.Ideally I'd like all the skill builds I have available to be...useful. Don't like clutter. Massive OCD comes in to play here.

Either way...I did in fact have a use for 2nd tree personally, as I plan on doing two different things with each build, but yeah. Still not a fan of how that works.

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 1, 2012, 11:02 PM
has this actually been tested? I thought you couldn't even use skill-tree reset until you filled up all your tree slots.

Besides, isn't getting a new tree slot cheaper than getting a tree reset?

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 11:08 PM
has this actually been tested? I thought you couldn't even use skill-tree reset until you filled up all your tree slots.

Besides, isn't getting a new tree slot cheaper than getting a tree reset?Yes. I did it today.

I think the skill reset item is pretty much only available in the case of people like me...who can't stand just adding a new tree instead of resetting a current/useless one. It goes up to 20 available trees possible, and if you like to try new things a lot like I do...well...you could get there eventually...