PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Let's imagine we know the sub-classes

Zipzo
Aug 1, 2012, 11:03 PM
Let's imagine that the current 3 classes available become...

Hunter with decent TECH/Hunter with decent R-ATT/Hunter with exceptional S-ATT
Ranger with decent TECH/Ranger with excepttional R-ATT/Ranger with decent S-ATT
Force with exceptional TECH/Force with decent R-ATT/Force with decent S-ATT

This is assuming that sub classes will work in the way that most are assuming they might work...where you will simply pick a sub-class of one of the 3 current ones to be able to harness a bit of extra utility in that regard.

Obviously this might not turn out to be what it is...but I'm just curious what you guys will roll and why assuming it does work this way?

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2012, 11:15 PM
I think if it DOES work this way, or ANY way, actually. They might divide the new weapon choices into the subclasses. Like every subclass unlocks a specific weapon, For example:

Techer subclass gets Wand, Not sure how wand works. ANOTHER assumption would be a modified, possibly weaker version of Rod with different advantages, designed for classes that have the Techer subclass....

Hell maybe subclasses would bring in a new weapon(or 2) out of the three class categories depending on your main class: HU = wand, RA = Card, FO = all the techer weapons.

Well I dunno that hunch if kind of a longshot.

Personally I kind of want to sub Gunner on my Hunter, because there's a gunslash I wanted that I don't have enough R-atk to use. My FO is DEFINITELY subbing Fighter, though. Or hunter subbing Techer.(depending whether or not sub hunter can use wiredlance.) But if Sub ranger doesn't let me use Fist, which I plan to make my main weapon... I'd go hunter + fighter

If they DO scatter the weapons, I'm hoping they're not spread TOO far out... Ever since PSU they REALLY loved tossing daggers as a main weapon for hunter hybrids, though. And same with twin handgun/mechgun in ranger type's case. So the New weapon types being made to compliment the hybrid classes wouldn't surprise me.

Darki
Aug 1, 2012, 11:39 PM
My current guess is more or less the same. Sub-classes will bring a new skilltree and weapon masteries, probably based on the 5 new weapon categories that are being released with them. It might turn out that the weapon distribution is slighty different, for example, they might add some current weapons to the sub-classes to benefit hybrids a bit more.

For example, "techer" I'm pretty sure will be the wand user, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would use talis too. If you went for the "pure" branch and picked a Force-Techer, then that wouldn't be noticeable, but any other class would access them too. I think this is possible because for one, rods were the only "pure Force" exclusive weapons in previous games, and talis is a great supportive weapon, that would probably make more sense to be in hybrids that might choose to go techer only for the supportive techs.

But well, what do we know, anyways? I just hope they don't do stupid things with the weapon categories this time, I hope they don't repeat the "Guntecher with Double Sabers and no S rank cards" thingy from PSU.

Now, onto the question, my favorite class would be a techer/fighter hybrid, so I'd go with Hunter-Techer or Force-Fighter. It depends on what weapons they pick, but they way I played my Wartecher in PSU, I'd probably be more comfortable with Swords, Wired lances and Wands (and maybe a "free for all" talis), than with rods and double Sabers. I'll probably do both at the end.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 1, 2012, 11:42 PM
It is my belief that subclass will not impact your stats directly, rather there will be skills in the subclass's skill tree

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2012, 11:46 PM
It is my belief that subclass will not impact your stats directly, rather there will be skills in the subclass's skill tree

Yeah but skill tree's DO affect your base stats(used for equipping things), if I can get more R-atk subbing Gunner. I'll go for it, maybe take advantage of being able to jump classes on the fly now that there's more interesting combinations to make, too...

It depends on what skills they have I guess...

Triple_S
Aug 1, 2012, 11:52 PM
I want to be a Magic Knight. Slinging spells between deft melee strikes. You can already sort of do that with the Gunslash on a Force, but a Force does not have the stats to do good Gunslash damage and the Gunslash doesn't have the T-ATK to even remotely compete with other Force weapons. Plus you don't gain anything from running such a setup at all.

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2012, 11:56 PM
I want to be a Magic Knight. Slinging spells between deft melee strikes. You can already sort of do that with the Gunslash on a Force, but a Force does not have the stats to do good Gunslash damage and the Gunslash doesn't have the T-ATK to even remotely compete with other Force weapons. Plus you don't gain anything from running such a setup at all.

You get PP from gunslash. D:

So you can spam a lot.

It's not the most effective but I like to
slash > uncharged tech > slash > uncharage tech > repeat infinitely till a monster is dead, with low PP cost techs
Though I mostly just do that for fun, and I have the PP cost reduction skill... and every thing still dies in two JA'd + charged techs... >_>;;

Maybe they could grow on that idea a bit more, possibly even make it cooler looking.

Darki
Aug 1, 2012, 11:58 PM

Why not? That doesn't make sense. What would be the point of choosing a sub-class then, if your new abilities would work based on just your base stats?

Triple_S
Aug 2, 2012, 12:07 AM
You get PP from gunslash. D:

So you can spam a lot.

It's not the most effective but I like to
slash > uncharged tech > slash > uncharage tech > repeat infinitely till a monster is dead, with low PP cost techs
Though I mostly just do that for fun, and I have the PP cost reduction skill... and every thing still dies in two JA'd + charged techs... >_>;;

Maybe they could grow on that idea a bit more, possibly even make it cooler looking.

The problem is that your damage is ridiculously low for the PP cost. One of two things that need to happen is either have the Techer subclass only grant uncharged techs but have skills that improve the speed, damage, and/or PP cost of techs... or, have the Fighter subclass give some kind of boost that'd help (I got nothing).

Really, there needs to be some reason to use uncharged techs. Personally I think they need to globally reduce the PP costs for uncharged techs, or increase their casting speed.

Darki
Aug 2, 2012, 12:12 AM
Don't uncharged techs cost the same as charged, or am I seeing things?

Considering how useless uncharged techs are, they should give a reason to use them. Either increased damage or minimal PP cost.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2012, 12:18 AM
Don't uncharged techs cost the same as charged, or am I seeing things?

Considering how useless uncharged techs are, they should give a reason to use them. Either increased damage or minimal PP cost.

The lightning skill tree boosts the damage of uncharged techs, mixed in with a couple PP increasing and cost reducing stuff + JA damage increase...

But not by a lot...

AT.ALL.

The only skill that looks SERIOUSLY useful is the one I'm trying to level (-10 PP per tech) I guess it's designed to spam sazonde + zonde without having the time to charge techs that much. I'd imagine that + gunslash = interesting, which is the build I'm going for, even knowing it won't be a serious build.

I'm hoping subclasses could expand on that...

Which brings me to another thing: We're not only getting new weapons... but new TECHs... Who know whether they'll modify our current skill trees to make room for the elements, Branch further out into them, or put it on the Techer Subclass skill tree... Melee user + Wind techs really peek my imagination, though.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 2, 2012, 12:29 AM
Why not? That doesn't make sense. What would be the point of choosing a sub-class then, if your new abilities would work based on just your base stats?

By making subclass SP give more power per point in the respective skill? I dunno
If it worked more like PSU's class system, with bonus stats in a small range of areas per level, then that's cool too. Along with SP

Ce'Nedra
Aug 2, 2012, 12:50 AM
HU/FO so I can finally be the HUnewearl I want to be.

UnLucky
Aug 2, 2012, 01:01 AM
If I can get weakbullet, FO/RA

if not, FO/FO

Darki
Aug 2, 2012, 01:51 AM
If I can get weakbullet, FO/RA

if not, FO/FO

I doubt skilltrees are going to be the same for the subclasses, considering that apparently they're "new classes". if not they'd just go with the original ones.

To get weak bulled and techs youd have to be Ranger/Techer I guess.