PDA

View Full Version : PSE BURST Question

girugamarc
Aug 1, 2012, 11:34 PM
Sometimes I'll join random multi-parties for the sake of attempting to get a PSE Burst going.

I am still confused about how you reliably get one started. "Kill stuff fast" does not seem to be working (it's rare, but I have seen a burst happen that involved few killing). Sometimes we'll get a PSE level up to 7 and then it will disappear all of a sudden even though we're still killing things. I'm just confused on how this all works.

Daiyousei
Aug 1, 2012, 11:41 PM
I am confused as well, I was able to get a 2 chain going from just shooting at a random Vol Dragon solo, no one else in the area, even weirder is that I was able to get a 1 chain going earlier in the same fight.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 1, 2012, 11:46 PM
I dont understand how this works either...

I kinda just roll with it till it randomly happens =/

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 12:59 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197988

Learn it.
Study it.
Breathe it.

Daiyousei
Aug 2, 2012, 01:39 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197988

Learn it.
Study it.
Breathe it.

I have read that, the part where the poster is unsure of doesn't quite help.

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 02:34 AM
Let me add to the confusion: the element you use affects what PSE buff you will get.

pikachief
Aug 2, 2012, 02:39 AM
Let me add to the confusion: the element you use affects what PSE buff you will get.

yea this. terrible. It's almost as if they expect most of the party to be using weapons of the same element :/ It's not PSU. The weapons aren't heavily element based for damage or anything.

That would probably explain why I can get a PSE burst faster solo then I can in a full multiparty killing things faster than half the party can even hit lol

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 07:18 AM
yea this. terrible. It's almost as if they expect most of the party to be using weapons of the same element :/ It's not PSU. The weapons aren't heavily element based for damage or anything.

That would probably explain why I can get a PSE burst faster solo then I can in a full multiparty killing things faster than half the party can even hit lol

The difference between a weapon with 50 element and a weapon with no element is about 300-400 points of damage at cap. It's definitely something to consider, but I wouldn't put it before affixes or grinds.

Also, it's sort of easier for forces to raise PSE since they have elemental techs. >.>

Link1275
Aug 2, 2012, 09:57 AM
The difference between a weapon with 50 element and a weapon with no element is about 300-400 points of damage at cap. It's definitely something to consider, but I wouldn't put it before affixes or grinds.

Also, it's sort of easier for forces to raise PSE since they have elemental techs. >.>
Yep gotta love those techs. :)