PDA

View Full Version : Has Fang Banther shown up at all today?

Xaeris
Aug 2, 2012, 12:06 AM
I was on for most of the afternoon and a good chunk of the evening, and the only Emergency Mission was the 500 pt. one (and boy, was the lobby ever pissed). I'm not at my usual computer right now, so I'm wondering if it showed up after I left. I'm sure it'll show eventually if not, still, you'd think they'd have guaranteed it to show up at least once on the day of the update.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2012, 12:07 AM
That's what I've been waitin' on the most this update, you'd think they'd make it slightly more frequent or at least plan for it to be on the first day of the update...

Unless I missed one, which if I did, someone would've brought it up by now... So I doubt it...

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2012, 12:07 AM
In a word?

Nope.

Xaeris
Aug 2, 2012, 12:11 AM
Well, least I'm not missing anything. I guess.

KanaHanazawaLover
Aug 2, 2012, 12:31 AM
are you talking about the new forest boss... and by today im guessing you mean Aug 1st
if so then yeah... it was available around 2pm est..

GoldenFalcon
Aug 2, 2012, 12:32 AM
are you talking about the new forest boss... and by today im guessing you mean Aug 1st
if so then yeah... it was available around 2pm est..

It's ship specific
Ship 8's forest panthers was an hour and a half ago

KanaHanazawaLover
Aug 2, 2012, 12:35 AM
It's ship specific
Ship 8's forest panthers was an hour and a half ago

was unaware that those were ship specific... good to know thanks

Husq
Aug 2, 2012, 04:32 AM
Just meet them over an hour ago on ship 10, dropped me some pair of 8 Star footwear. But I don't think the mission was up yesterday (1 Aug) on ship10, or I just probably missed it.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 2, 2012, 04:35 AM
Didn't you need to face them first in a City mission before they start roaming in the forest or is that changed again?

Crimson Exile
Aug 2, 2012, 04:37 AM
Didn't you need to face them first in a City mission before they start roaming in the forest or is that changed again?
Info on them only says e-code when I checked. Probably event only.

Mystil
Aug 2, 2012, 07:11 AM
Been spamming Free Forest all day, and haven't seen them yet.

Shadowth117
Aug 2, 2012, 07:19 AM
Been spamming Free Forest all day, and haven't seen them yet.

From what I recall, you need to beat the emergency mission with them before they'll show up in the forest.

Husq
Aug 2, 2012, 10:52 AM
Yup, someone had to beat them first, and they will appear in those MPA. I had a couple of them now spawning as duels in the forest, but they are tame compared to the emergency forest mission, since they are only level 33 instead of 40, and they don't have much room to jump around, so you can take them out easily.
However you can farm a lot of fang souls, gives you +10HP, +2PP and 30 on range? attack, I think.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 11:03 AM
Yes they have, just not on ship 2 ^^

WolfDreamer
Aug 2, 2012, 11:13 AM
Ship 9 had them show up around... 5-6pm EST yesterday in an E-code. Was fun doing that even in the forest for a change but I did feel sorry for the boss when he spawned a few times for a code: duel. Poor guy just didn't have a lot of room to work with.

KrankItVZ
Aug 2, 2012, 12:19 PM
For me Ship 9 right about 12 hours ago

pikachief
Aug 2, 2012, 12:41 PM
What I think we need is for all the servers to go down for a 6 hour maintenance to fix this issue :wacko:

Limbo_lag
Aug 2, 2012, 12:42 PM
Still nothing in ship 2 :/

Ana-Chan
Aug 2, 2012, 01:39 PM
Well I wouldn't expect anything for a few hours yet anyway. The interrupt rankings are normally grouped together and the emergency missions are normally later.

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 01:43 PM
So glad its just a random alt that's on Ship 2, wouldn't want to miss out on a reskin and some chump drops. The tree gimmick just bored the hell out of me, not gonna lie.

Gardios
Aug 2, 2012, 02:20 PM
What I think we need is for all the servers to go down for a 6 hour maintenance to fix this issue :wacko:

Pff, just take down the server and don't even try to fix the issue, same outcome. ・ω・

Husq
Aug 2, 2012, 02:39 PM
I was wondering if the emergency missions are related to how packed the ships are. In the past, ship 10 used to have a lot of emergency announcements, but since a lot people migrated to other ships, it seems to only pop up if the ships is at least half full.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 05:16 PM
Still no Fang? All the other ships have confirmed sightings.

OMGITSACONSPIRACY!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2012, 05:25 PM
Still no Fang? All the other ships have confirmed sightings.

OMGITSACONSPIRACY!

actually, my teammates are starting to say that...

eharima
Aug 2, 2012, 05:29 PM
Did'nt you hear?

Hackers disabled it.

Indignation Judgment
Aug 2, 2012, 05:33 PM
Did'nt you hear?

Hackers disabled it.

Sakai must be a pretty hardcore hacker then. :bday:

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 07:38 PM
My uncle who works for Sega says that they are slowly going to ban people by the single digits each week in ship 2 for a reason we do not know. Then they will make the buffs in campships accessible to only JP players. Then they will make lobbies 20-25 the only lobbies non-JP players can gano to. Then they will IP ban us.

The Fang not appearing on ship 2 is just the start of this.

bryanbtje
Aug 2, 2012, 08:12 PM
Coatl stop trolling, you're only making these stupid conspiracy theories worse

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 08:16 PM
My uncle who works for Sega says that they are slowly going to ban people by the single digits each week in ship 2 for a reason we do not know. Then they will make the buffs in campships accessible to only JP players. Then they will make lobbies 20-25 the only lobbies non-JP players can gano to. Then they will IP ban us.

The Fang not appearing on ship 2 is just the start of this.

*folds arms and stares disapprovingly*

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2012, 08:18 PM
Bad jokes aside....heck of a wait, right guys? :p

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 08:19 PM
Seeing as hackers can spawn mizers in the desert it's only a matter of time until forest panthers are spawning in the mines!

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2012, 08:20 PM
Seeing as hackers can spawn mizers in the desert it's only a matter of time until forest panthers are spawning in the mines!

Wad??

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 08:22 PM

Why stop there? Why not just spawn them IN THE LOBBY!

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 08:26 PM
Why stop there? Why not just spawn them IN THE LOBBY!

No...Outside the window!

Then the forest panthers get auto-banned!

NEK MINNIT

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 08:30 PM
No...Outside the window!

Then the forest panthers get auto-banned!

NEK MINNIT

Dammit I'm gonna kill the ppl responsible for reporting the panthers and getting them banned from ship 2!

Darnell0216
Aug 2, 2012, 08:35 PM
Why stop there? Why not just spawn them IN THE LOBBY! It'd be more fun (menacing) to spawn them in the first forest MPA map. The L5's would have to call in high levels to kill it so they can play.

Shadowth117
Aug 2, 2012, 08:38 PM

Wut? They naturally spawn in desert after you beat the first mission you fight them in...

DoubleCannon
Aug 2, 2012, 08:46 PM
Just fought them on ship 10 from 8-9pm est time. They are such a pain in the arse lol they go tree hopping!! Makes them harder due to the time limit. but its sweet to play forest and fight level 38 things and fight level 39 rockbears lol. yet to have ragne show up hes prolly 40 as a fang banther showed up during multi party area and was level 40. Either way those things take forever to kill. like 12 min in a party of 3 level 40 and me lv 37.

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 08:52 PM
Wut? They naturally spawn in desert after you beat the first mission you fight them in...

You must have missed the thread where people were rather belligerently stating that hackers were the sole reason mizers were showing up in the desert.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 2, 2012, 09:26 PM
If I don't get some fang Bantha action by the end of the day I'm punting all babies that are within a 5 mile radius.

Daiyousei
Aug 2, 2012, 09:30 PM
Mizers are supposed to show up in the desert, I ran into a few after the mines update, and yes I've read that thread.

Just like how Fang Banthers are supposed to in Forest after the Emergency Quest is done for the first time.

Also read about the game spawning bosses when you're the only one in the area, it's still possible, just very rare, I've had the game drop a Duel with Vol that changed over to a Duel with another Vol and it wasn't even in a MPA, and I was alone. This was also before all that NPC moving shenanigans happened.

raiden55
Aug 2, 2012, 10:43 PM
yeah can happen when you're alone, i had ragne spawn twice on cave yesterday while alone on the map

Garnet_Moon
Aug 2, 2012, 10:59 PM
*folds arms and stares disapprovingly*
I love the way you fold your arms like that... It r...really squeezes... and... and helps push out... I-I mean. Ahem.

Still no Banther? I just got off work and it seems like it's still not up...? Unless there's an emergency code right now with it?

Xaeris
Aug 2, 2012, 11:02 PM
On the bright side, I'm still not missing out on anything! It's nice to know that the world stops spinning for little old me.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 11:03 PM
I love the way you fold your arms like that... It r...really squeezes... and... and helps push out... I-I mean. Ahem.

ಠ_ಠ

Limbo_lag
Aug 3, 2012, 01:14 AM

Still no Banther? I just got off work and it seems like it's still not up...? Unless there's an emergency code right now with it?

Yeah, still nothing, from the looks of it :sleepy:

Xaeris
Aug 3, 2012, 01:17 AM
All right, I think I'm ready to start entertaining conspiracy theories. What have we got?

Priest
Aug 3, 2012, 01:20 AM
All right, I think I'm ready to start entertaining conspiracy theories. What have we got?

Ship 2 is english ship. Therefore ship 2 is treated like NA PSU and won't get banther for another year.

Metaru
Aug 3, 2012, 01:24 AM
Maybe this is being blown too much out of proportion there are still japanese players on Ship 2.

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2012, 01:27 AM
Maybe this is being blown too much out of proportion there are still japanese players on Ship 2.

I think everyone is just joking...

Half joking at least.

Metaru
Aug 3, 2012, 01:28 AM
I think everyone is just joking...

Half joking at least.

Ha, I knew that but then again, I've seen past threads with b,s rumors.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 01:28 AM
Yeah, nobody actually thinks it's because we're all on ship 2.

But, then again, not much else makes ship 2 stand out from the other ships...so it's not 100% impossible that it's related.

It could be an poor attempt to get players to spread out from ship 2, who knows.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2012, 01:39 AM
Yeah, nobody actually thinks it's because we're all on ship 2.

But, then again, not much else makes ship 2 stand out from the other ships...so it's not 100% impossible that it's related.

It could be an poor attempt to get players to spread out from ship 2, who knows.

Actually, I think my team is going crazy over this, I mean, they're seriously pissed and thinking it's because we're ship 2....

I keep telling them to try and cool it a little, but hey, no go. ^^;

Cortte
Aug 3, 2012, 01:51 AM
The only real problem with this is that we can't get new weapons and units from Banther. The real kicker will be if they keep the new area away from us.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 01:55 AM
The curious part is they haven't acknowledged it. It did take about a week to announce they'd be fixing that rare talis that drops in the mines, but still. I'm sure there's some pretty angry japanese players making a fuss, so Sega almost certainly knows.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 3, 2012, 01:58 AM
Welp, now it's an interrupt ranking.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2012, 02:00 AM
The curious part is they haven't acknowledged it. It did take about a week to announce they'd be fixing that rare talis that drops in the mines, but still. I'm sure there's some pretty angry japanese players making a fuss, so Sega almost certainly knows.

That's what I was thinking. One of my teammates even went so far as to suggest this was purposeful, to spite the foreigners on the server, and I pretty much straight out told him that was preposterous; simply because it's not like we're alone of the server.

Seriously, I don't think Sega would go so far as to end up upsetting local customers just to spite a small group of outsiders.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 3, 2012, 02:19 AM
Guys.

The emergency mission that gets chosen is Random

By making the appearance and choice of an emergency mission random, Sega ensures that more players stay in the game waiting hoping it will appear, and the more players that stay in the game, the higher the chance they might spend some AC while they wait, buy a gacha scratch etc

Sega knows that if they decided to have the forest emergency debut at a set time on day one, that people would just wait to log in, unlock the panthers, then log out and possibly a large portion of them that might be max level and not care for the units might stay offline until the eighth. So its 100% random to keep people logging in constantly looking for it.

So stop wigging out with the paranoia and conspiracy theories. Sacrifice some grinders and meseta to the RNG God of Torture Doo-Doo and maybe it'll appear sooner :-P

ShinMaruku
Aug 3, 2012, 02:31 AM
That's what I was thinking. One of my teammates even went so far as to suggest this was purposeful, to spite the foreigners on the server, and I pretty much straight out told him that was preposterous; simply because it's not like we're alone of the server.

Seriously, I don't think Sega would go so far as to end up upsetting local customers just to spite a small group of outsiders.
Spite is one hell of a thing. Paranoia even more so :P

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 3, 2012, 02:45 AM
Guys.

Proof? The only solid fact we have is confirmation every other ship has had Fang Banthers, which leaves Ship 2 out to dry.

Even if nothing sinister is going on behind the scenes and it's all just one huge big coincidence, people are beginning to talk and this is smearing Ship 02's name.

Macman
Aug 3, 2012, 02:47 AM
Ship 02's name can't possibly be more smeared than it is already. :P

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 02:48 AM
Guys.

By making the appearance and choice of an emergency mission random, Sega ensures that more players stay in the game waiting hoping it will appear, and the more players that stay in the game, the higher the chance they might spend some AC while they wait, buy a gacha scratch etc

Sega knows that if they decided to have the forest emergency debut at a set time on day one, that people would just wait to log in, unlock the panthers, then log out and possibly a large portion of them that might be max level and not care for the units might stay offline until the eighth. So its 100% random to keep people logging in constantly looking for it.

So stop wigging out with the paranoia and conspiracy theories. Sacrifice some grinders and meseta to the RNG God of Torture Doo-Doo and maybe it'll appear sooner :-P

You love to speculate based on incomplete information, then state your speculation like facts, don't you?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 3, 2012, 02:55 AM
Ship 02's name can't possibly be more smeared than it is already. :P

Yeah I guess if you were late to the game and you saw "ship 2 hacking problems!" on the official site, that would be the last place you'd think about making your character.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 3, 2012, 03:22 AM
You love to speculate based on incomplete information, then state your speculation like facts, don't you?

Look, I'm sorry but most of you guys in the PSO-World bubble seem to always be the last to get information everyone else has. I don't know why, and honestly its quite the strange phenomena :-?

We know, that the time emergency missions happen, is random. They never pop up at the exact same times each day, and its 100% random for each ship. Hell i'm pretty sure there's some days where one doesn't even happen at all.

We know, that the emergency quest chosen is random. It follows no rhyme or reason or discernible pattern.

Thusly, we know that the forest missions debut per ship, is absolutely random. Its the most logical explanation given what we know.

The system used to generate daily emergency missions is probably a similar system to the Medical Center/Drink Station (how it rolls a first effect, and possibly a second effect, and both are 100% random). Most likely at the start of each day the following process happens and each ship rolls these variables:

1.Will there be emergency missions today? (rolls a random answer between yes and no)

2. If yes, how many emergency missions will there be? (probably a low set of numbers to roll from, like 1-3. If anyones experienced more than 3 in a single day then we can assume the max possible number rolled would be higher than 3. I dont know the record for the highest number of emergency quests in a day so i can only guess at the number of possible answers the game could roll here)

Then lets say it rolled and the result was 2 missions for that day
3.What time will the first mission begin?
3a. WHICH emergency mission will it be?

4. What time will the second mission begin? (theres probably a forced offset that only allows it to roll anywhere from X hours after the first mission, to the last hour of that day. This spacing probably gets lower if it rolls 3 missions instead of 2, to keep them evenly spaced in that day time wise)

4a. WHICH mission will it be? (now, I would have to assume since this is RNG, that in a situation where multiple missions are rolled for a day, after the first mission is picked, say its the points mission. When the game rolls what the second one will be, the points mission choice will now have the lowest probability of being rolled, to promote variety. Though if points has never happened 2 missions in a row in the same day (I'm not sure if it ever has) then it might be possible that the first choice gets eliminated from the choices for that day, or maybe its removed from the drawing until all other options have been used. Again to promote variety)

I'm almost certain the emergency quest generation is 100% automated and done by RNG. Because for example, on Ship 4 the forest emergency didn't appear until wayyyy after japan prime time, it was like 3 or 4 am japan time when it popped up. So it must be randomly generated and automated. Sega wouldn't roll it out manually while 95% of their playerbase is asleep, that would just be retarded.

You guys just had some bad luck. This is why RNG sucks and shouldnt be used, for anything lol. Oh well, I guess....

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 03:26 AM
Look, I'm sorry but most of you guys in the PSO-World bubble seem to always be the last to get information everyone else has. I don't know why, and honestly its quite the strange phenomena :-?

We know, that the time emergency missions happen, is random. They never pop up at the exact same times each day, and its 100% random for each ship. Hell i'm pretty sure there's some days where one doesn't even happen at all.

We know, that the emergency quest chosen is random. It follows no rhyme or reason or discernible pattern.

Thusly, we know that the forest missions debut per ship, is absolutely random. Its the most logical explanation given what we know.

The system used to generate daily emergency missions is probably a similar system to the Medical Center/Drink Station (how it rolls a first effect, and possibly a second effect, and both are 100% random). Most likely at the start of each day the following process happens and each ship rolls these variables:

1.Will there be emergency missions today? (rolls a random answer between yes and no)

2. If yes, how many emergency missions will there be? (probably a low set of numbers to roll from, like 1-3. If anyones experienced more than 3 in a single day then we can assume the max possible number rolled would be higher than 3. I dont know the record for the highest number of emergency quests in a day so i can only guess at the number of possible answers the game could roll here)

Then lets say it rolled and the result was 2 missions for that day
3.What time will the first mission begin?
3a. WHICH emergency mission will it be?

4. What time will the second mission begin? (theres probably a forced offset that only allows it to roll anywhere from X hours after the first mission, to the last hour of that day. This spacing probably gets lower if it rolls 3 missions instead of 2, to keep them evenly spaced in that day time wise)

4a. WHICH mission will it be? (now, I would have to assume since this is RNG, that in a situation where multiple missions are rolled for a day, after the first mission is picked, say its the points mission. When the game rolls what the second one will be, the points mission choice will now have the lowest probability of being rolled, to promote variety. Though if points has never happened 2 missions in a row in the same day (I'm not sure if it ever has) then it might be possible that the first choice gets eliminated from the choices for that day, or maybe its removed from the drawing until all other options have been used. Again to promote variety)

I'm almost certain the emergency quest generation is 100% automated and done by RNG. Because for example, on Ship 4 the forest emergency didn't appear until wayyyy after japan prime time, it was like 3 or 4 am japan time when it popped up. So it must be randomly generated and automated. Sega wouldn't roll it out manually while 95% of their playerbase is asleep, that would just be retarded.

You guys just had some bad luck. This is why RNG sucks and shouldnt be used, for anything lol. Oh well, I guess....

This is an awful lot of words when all you had to do was link a source like one person expressly requested and I implied a request for.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 3, 2012, 03:28 AM
That's a whole lot of stuff to make up for no reason. I assume making up stuff with great detail is a hobby of yours?

However, I believe that the time tables for emergency missions are randomly generated ahead of time. Simply because, it would be strange to have it actively decide it each day. Also because PSU's luck system, albeit a bad example, was all pre-generated

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 3, 2012, 03:37 AM
That's a whole lot of stuff to make up for no reason. I assume making up stuff with great detail is a hobby of yours?

However, I believe that the time tables for emergency missions are randomly generated ahead of time. Simply because, it would be strange to have it actively decide it each day. Also because PSU's luck system, albeit a bad example, was all pre-generated

Figuring out the most logical and sensible explanation is a whole lot better than wigging out throwing around crazy paranoid conspiracy theories

I can only guess at the method used to randomly generate the time tables and choices based on other known methods the games uses to randomly generate outcomes (like the drink dispenser).

All I know is that its 100% random, and there is no conspiracy against the 1% or less of ship 2s population that make up the english population. You guys gotta get over yourselves. Its random. Its not about you.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 03:49 AM
Of course there's an element of randomness to it. That doesn't tell us anything. It may (and almost certainly is) be pre-generated. There's people running the server that can easily just force it to show up.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 3, 2012, 04:06 AM
Of course there's an element of randomness to it. That doesn't tell us anything. It may (and almost certainly is) be pre-generated. There's people running the server that can easily just force it to show up.

Like I said, it showed up on ship 4, at like 3 or 4 am japan time. So you can rule out the element of manual manipulation. Its completely automated.

Unless you think it makes perfect sense that Sega would intentionally, manually throw their brand new event out there for the first time, while almost all of their playerbase was asleep.

Is it possible the system allows manually setting one up and rolling it out? Possibly. Does Sega care about peoples frustrations with the games RNG enough to do that? No, they don't. It'll happen whenever the game manages to generate it and they could care less, its in their favor to leave it be because again, the more people hanging around online hoping and waiting for it, the more people that might possibly buy stuff with AC to help pass the time.

It'll happen when it happens, its really not worth worrying about. I didn't end up finishing the mission and I still encountered the banshee in other peoples multiparties. Really not worth sweating, you'll have ample opportunities outside of the mission even if you miss it to fight the cats, in other peoples MPAs in forest.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 04:07 AM
You can't rule anything out because of what time the mission went live. At all. All it means is they saw it would go up at that time and shrugged, saw nothing wrong with letting the neckbeards get to content first.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 3, 2012, 05:29 AM
You can't rule anything out because of what time the mission went live. At all. All it means is they saw it would go up at that time and shrugged, saw nothing wrong with letting the neckbeards get to content first.

You just agreed with my point.

Its random and automated, and they don't care if that random time is the middle of the night.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 3, 2012, 05:49 AM
Wasn't there a time schedule on the JP PSO2 wiki that shows when ship gets which Emergency on what day? I think I saw it before and it was for 1-2 days as well.

That would mean everything is planned ahead or its all random but Sega can read 1-2 days ahead when what happends and posts it on PSO2 wiki.

When I get home I'll try find it again if no one did by now. Found it one day when looking up the TA mission info

jooozek
Aug 3, 2012, 05:50 AM
Wasn't there a time schedule on the JP PSO2 wiki that shows when ship gets which Emergency on what day? I think I saw it before and it was for 1-2 days as well.
It wasn't a schedule, it was just a log to prove that they are random.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 3, 2012, 05:52 AM
It wasn't a schedule, it was just a log to prove that they are random.

Hmm I thought it was a schedule. I blame Google Chrome ^^;

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 05:58 AM
You just agreed with my point.

Its random and automated, and they don't care if that random time is the middle of the night.

Your point is they don't care or know that it hasn't happened for several days

If that wasn't your point, then your point was some generic RNG crap that applies to every single game I'm aware of besides the original mario brothers game, since that game apparently did not use an RNG. Which makes the point itself about as pointy as a basketball.

Patmaster
Aug 3, 2012, 06:30 AM
So basically Fang Bros. appeared on all ship but not on ship 2? O_o

Shadowth117
Aug 3, 2012, 06:40 AM
You must have missed the thread where people were rather belligerently stating that hackers were the sole reason mizers were showing up in the desert.

Oh dear me, I believe I did. Hahaha, that sounds pretty funny.

But I have to say, I'm leaning towards how Pookie feels on the Fang appearance rate >_>

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 3, 2012, 06:43 AM
Your point is they don't care or know that it hasn't happened for several days

If that wasn't your point, then your point was some generic RNG crap that applies to every single game I'm aware of besides the original mario brothers game, since that game apparently did not use an RNG. Which makes the point itself about as pointy as a basketball.

Yeah that was my point. It was basically advertised as "Starting aug 1st a forest emergency quest can show up with fang banther/fang banshee and once you complete it they will be regular interrupts in forest"

It was never guaranteed it would definitely happen for everyone exactly on the 1st, because again, the events are randomly generated.

And yeah sega doesn't care if a ship hasn't gotten it yet, its a random event and when it happens it happens. Just like they dont care if say, only 10 Adirou dropped on a ship so far.

The stuffs all at the mercy of RNG and when it happens it happens. Like I said, ship 2 was just unlucky. Has it even been confirmed that the event definitely happened for EVERY other ship so far?

Ship 2 will probably get it today, its 3 days in now at this point.

In any case its bonus content, and its not some end all be all awesome mission. Its good for bursts because of all the native enemies plus darkers on top of that, but the boss is pretty much a reskin and nothing terribly amazing.

I was honestly only looking forward to the event just to be able to go into normal forest and see a Banther throwing new players around like ragdolls lol

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 06:50 AM
Then that's not what I agreed with.

If your point is really that Sega doesn't know or care that content has hit every ship but one with two days delay, I'd like you to write out in exactly as many words that you really think Sega wants customers to get bored or intentionally designed a system where they couldn't intervene and manually set missions.

Even I don't think they're that inept. My bet is entirely on there being a small bug, maybe the update wasn't set up right on the server for ship 2. That's it. They're not out to get ship 2, they do care, and they probably know. They just haven't figured out why yet, or don't want to take down one ship for some given reason (not yet, anyway).

Obviously there's no conspiracy, but even more obviously they care that customers don't get frustrated or bored. This is a F2P model. They direly need customers to maintain interest.

Limbo_lag
Aug 3, 2012, 07:01 AM
Annnnnd another ranking event :/ I don't believe there is anything untoward going here, but come on. This luck is like Dodo.

jooozek
Aug 3, 2012, 07:04 AM
Annnnnd another ranking event :/ I don't believe there is anything untoward going here, but come on. This luck is like Dodo.

It's just the results not the rankings itself...

Ce'Nedra
Aug 3, 2012, 07:35 AM
Even I don't think they're that inept. My bet is entirely on there being a small bug, maybe the update wasn't set up right on the server for ship 2. That's it. They're not out to get ship 2, they do care, and they probably know. They just haven't figured out why yet, or don't want to take down one ship for some given reason (not yet, anyway).

Obviously there's no conspiracy, but even more obviously they care that customers don't get frustrated or bored. This is a F2P model. They direly need customers to maintain interest.

Have to agree with this one.

People have some patience and wait. The game is like 1 month old now, there are still tons of bugs and glitches to be fixed.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 3, 2012, 09:25 AM
Welp ship 4 just got its second forest emergency since this started, it was at 8am EST

Good luck guys, hopefully it'll show up for you today

gundam0079
Aug 3, 2012, 09:40 AM
spawned yesterday during a Free roam forest easy mode....wish the dam thing would have shown up on my main [spoiler-box]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa141/phantasy_star_universe/pso20120803_004605_000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

DemonMike
Aug 3, 2012, 09:44 AM
This is clearly punishment for all the misbehaviour. Shame on you Ship 2, you bunch of gaikokujin hackers.

TaigaUC
Aug 3, 2012, 09:45 AM
It's Fang Banther time.

Limbo_lag
Aug 3, 2012, 09:56 AM
Mission is starting in 5 minutes, gogogo!

Kinujou
Aug 3, 2012, 10:00 AM
andddddddddd we just got forest quest on ship 2

BIG OLAF
Aug 3, 2012, 10:01 AM
Yup. Running now.

Laxedrane
Aug 3, 2012, 10:03 AM
The whole time I was reading this thread I kept thinking. "Someone should take a picture of the npcs outside the ship and caption it it with: (This is why we can't have nice things ship 2)."

Hahahaha.

KrankItVZ
Aug 3, 2012, 11:24 AM
Another 25min ago on Ship 9

Zalera
Aug 3, 2012, 11:25 AM
Just finished on ship 2. If you want the furry tail with fang soul & ability +10, check Zalera shop :)

Vashyron
Aug 3, 2012, 11:26 AM
Woop, finally had a chance at soloing it.

Somewhat disappointed I don't think I'll ever be getting this type of rush in actual parties, let alone multiparties.

Well video later.

Arika
Aug 3, 2012, 11:30 AM
Finally every ships has seen it now.

Shadowth117
Aug 3, 2012, 11:32 AM
Woop, finally had a chance at soloing it.

Somewhat disappointed I don't think I'll ever be getting this type of rush in actual parties, let alone multiparties.

Well video later.

I dunno man, I thought it was kind of boring considering the only things different from the snow versions were the colors and their silly move where they can jump into the trees while you sit there for 10 seconds. And their level was slightly higher I suppose. I guess a lot of people had already said that, but I really was expecting a bit more...

Polly
Aug 3, 2012, 11:34 AM
I dunno man, I thought it was kind of boring considering the only things different from the snow versions were the colors and their silly move where they can jump into the trees while you sit there for 10 seconds. And their level was slightly higher I suppose. I guess a lot of people had already said that, but I really was expecting a bit more...

I ran it knowing full well what it was, and yeah, not particularly impressive, but at least it's not another City mission. Really burnt out on that place. Haven't revisited the Forest in some time, so it was a decent change of scenery.

Crysteon
Aug 3, 2012, 11:34 AM
Lawl...and it had to happen when I'm at work. From what I'm reading, I'm not missing anything lol. I wonder if I should bother recording a solo battle when I have a chance....

Arika
Aug 3, 2012, 11:41 AM

The thing here is that they want to add more forest into free forest mission, that is all. You know how forest only has Rockbear as native boss there right? and people has been avoid playing the mission because they think cave has more bosses and more rares.

This will make forest become more popular for certain degree.

Jakosifer
Aug 3, 2012, 11:43 AM
Lawl...and it had to happen when I'm at work. From what I'm reading, I'm not missing anything lol. I wonder if I should bother recording a solo battle when I have a chance....

If youve already recorded the Tundra duo battle, don't bother man. The only difference is they jump in trees occasionally hahaha. When I got the event on Ship 1 I said to my team repeatedly "Wait, why did they even add this boss?".

Crysteon
Aug 3, 2012, 11:50 AM
Guess I'll do it anyway when I can catch the run, just for the lulz...but I'm not sure if I should bother doing a speed run at all (it would be the same 4 minutes experience I had two days ago with the Snow beasts...that if they dont decide to jump much)

eharima
Aug 3, 2012, 11:52 AM
stats on fang soul sorry?

shoot +30
#hp +10
pp+3 apparently?

and shock bonus transfer rate i see..

Shadowth117
Aug 3, 2012, 11:52 AM
The thing here is that they want to add more forest into free forest mission, that is all. You know how forest only has Rockbear as native boss there right? and people has been avoid playing the mission because they think cave has more bosses and more rares.

This will make forest become more popular for certain degree.

Yeah I'm not gonna argue with that. Even now though, there's really not much to go for. That rod sucks. I guess we could get that nade launcher from them, but eh. I might hunt their souls later.

If youve already recorded the Tundra duo battle, don't bother man. The only difference is they jump in trees occasionally hahaha. When I got the event on Ship 1 I said to my team repeatedly "Wait, why did they even add this boss?".

This Crys ^. I recorded a run solo if you want to see it, but I promise you it is nothing special. They even have the same exact music. I guess its nice to have another ranger soul now, but jeez dude. It was lame :/

Ogni-XR21
Aug 3, 2012, 11:56 AM
Honesty, what did you expect it to be?

Shadowth117
Aug 3, 2012, 12:00 PM
Honesty, what did you expect it to be?

Well the Quartz Dragon looked like it had some pretty unique moves compared to the dragon. All these guys did was well... jump in the tree. Supposedly they can team up for certain attacks, but the male still doesn't come out until his mate is nearly dead so it doesn't really matter. All they would have had to do is have both come out same time or have a few interesting new moves on them, but apparently that's too much trouble. Their models even look exactly the same from what I can tell meaning they really are just recolors. But whatever, we get a new area next week so I don't care too much.

Home Dog
Aug 3, 2012, 12:04 PM
I wasn't expecting it to be anything too good, but I recorded it anyway. It was fun while it lasted and I guess that's the only thing that will keep the mission exciting for me. The fact that it doesn't show up often. Hopefully we don't have to wait another 2 days to see it again.

Blackheart521
Aug 3, 2012, 01:22 PM
What is the level requirement for the Fang Bantha emergency mission on hard?

jooozek
Aug 3, 2012, 01:26 PM
Level 30.

pikachief
Aug 3, 2012, 01:31 PM
im not sure what people were expecting. It's just Banther and Banshee in the forest. The names are hardly even different.

But hooray for them appearing! :D

Jakosifer
Aug 3, 2012, 01:34 PM
Yeah, both Banthers are complete assholes to the Banshee, its pathetic.

Arika
Aug 3, 2012, 01:36 PM
-People are all complaining about how the event never show up
*event show up*
-People are all complaining about how the battle is reskin.

and I thought people would know that the fight gonna be similar as soon as you know how those panther look totally same as old panther already.

supersonix9
Aug 3, 2012, 01:39 PM
B-b-but.....it jumps into trees!

I think the boss is fine. Most people play Emergency missions to rare and EXP grind in Area 2 anyways. The Forest mission gives better EXP than City, so I'm happy.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 01:49 PM
Ha ha ha I go to sleep and it shows up, I figured that would happen.

Here's to waiting!

darkante
Aug 3, 2012, 01:52 PM
I liked the forest mission even though i hardly got time to play it.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 01:56 PM
So I never found out, is this a temporary thing or a permanent addition to the game?

The way people are freaking out it feels like we've got exactly one week to access this, or something.

BIG OLAF
Aug 3, 2012, 01:59 PM
It's a permanent addition.

Arika
Aug 3, 2012, 02:31 PM
After you killed the boss in this emergency, there will be a chance for those boss to pop up via code in free forest mission. (and this is SEGA intention to help forest become more populated) They probably gonna insert future boss into older area via this method too.

Now :
Forest = Panther + Rockbear.
Cave = Catadran + Dragon
Desert = Antling + Maizer
Snow = Mammoth + Panther
Mine = Maizer + ??? (need future implement, since they not allow Big vadar as code)
Island = Quart dragon + ???

Anyway here is my video :
http://youtu.be/nxvwl0jlpDA

Should be done in around 100 min :C

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 02:35 PM
Well it'll probably work, because that's one good soul. I never understood why gwanada souls were so incredibly undervalued. If all-out S-ATK stacking is the goal of a lot of players, surely S-ATK + PP would be even better, right? Based on the prices and volume on the market, well, wrong.

Or maybe it's just a side bonus from all the ardillo hunting, I don't know.

The base bonuses on this armor set aren't that great. They're a dragon set with worse HP and still just a piddly +1 PP each. Meh. Sure look neat though.

edit: For now, if you want ragne mines is the place to go. Without any other real boss to spawn, any code duel you stumble into is always ragne. That may even be intended, instead of happenstance.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 3, 2012, 05:56 PM
*event show up*

and I thought people would know that the fight gonna be similar as soon as you know how those panther look totally same as old panther already.

People always need something to complain about *shrugs*

Xaeris
Aug 3, 2012, 06:40 PM
*event show up*

"A community comprised of numerous users with perspective and values across a broad spectrum is lobbying varying complaints, some of which are contradictory."

I will never understand for the life of me why people think this is a clever observation to make.