PDA

View Full Version : My friend told me that...

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 03:29 AM
...ship 2 is the only ship that hasn't had the new emergency mission , discuss.

Angelo
Aug 2, 2012, 03:36 AM
The fact that I have only witnessed two types of Emergencies on ship 2 only contributes to this rumor..

supersonix9
Aug 2, 2012, 03:37 AM
Well that kind of pisses me off (if it's true).

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 03:43 AM
Arika just confirmed this through whisper.
The same friend also said JP are abandoning ship 2, QQ

Ce'Nedra
Aug 2, 2012, 03:44 AM
Star Wars: Revenge of the Japanese

lunarsoul
Aug 2, 2012, 03:46 AM
Ive witnessed all of the Emergency Codes today, I even had 7 emergency codes (all of them different) in 1 free forest run. I dont know what the new emergency code is, but I think you guys are just imagining things or just unlucky..

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 03:47 AM
Ive witnessed all of the Emergency Codes today, I even had 7 emergency codes (all of them different) in 1 free forest run. I dont know what the new emergency code is, but I think you guys are just imagining things or just unlucky..

lol u

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 03:48 AM

Oh okay! So what did the Fang Banshee drop then?

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 03:48 AM
Sounds like a coincidence.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 2, 2012, 03:50 AM

Emergency Codes =/= Emergency Misson aka Urabn aka the city

Saffran
Aug 2, 2012, 03:51 AM
You should get another friend...

GoldenFalcon
Aug 2, 2012, 03:51 AM
Sounds like a coincidence.

A coincidence does not imply randomness

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 03:55 AM
You should get another friend...

I'm happy with the friends I have, and I've known this particular one since PSU JP and we also played XIV together, so not someone that just makes random stuff up.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 03:55 AM
A coincidence does not imply randomness

Referring to the fact that Ship 2 is the only ship not to receive the new Emergency Mission, yes, that's a coincidence.

supersonix9
Aug 2, 2012, 04:11 AM
Oh okay! So what did the Fang Banshee drop then?

It's not some god-tier boss that drops a rare item every time....

Besides even if this is true, it's stupid that people are leaving Ship 2. It's obviously going to get fixed sometime.

Emergency Codes =/= Emergency Misson aka Urabn aka the city

Lunar mentioned that it was in the Forest.....

EDIT: Sorry for doubleposting.

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 04:16 AM
JP players are abandoning ship 2? Who what where?

I thought I noticed a lot fewer JP players around at any given time, but during their primetime they're still definitely around.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 2, 2012, 04:19 AM
There will always remain japanese who don't want to restart or who acctually like to communicate with non-japanese players.

supersonix9
Aug 2, 2012, 04:22 AM
Yeah, but nobody's really changing ships anyways.

Arika
Aug 2, 2012, 04:42 AM

uh, I just confirmed that ship-02 has no emergency event yet. that is all.

you put 2 line together make it sound like that some JP decideding to play in another ship is the cause of no emergency mission. But it is just coincidence. Wait until 2 more days if you not see any emergency mission, then it is time to worry. (doubt it would happen)

Thought I agree that hackers really caused the big issue here. That is the more reason why they left ship-02, than just because it has 5% population to speak english. Since I asked my chinese friend on another ship where they are much bigger population there than us, and the JP is pretty stable there.

Neirene
Aug 2, 2012, 04:56 AM
I think it's just coincidence that you haven't seem the forest panther yet even on ship 5 we haven't seem him either, probably you just need to keep trying play the forest quest until it eventually appears.

I really dont think sega would actually "kill" or "ignore" a whole server machine that cost them money and resources to make it run only because many english players plays over there as well it never happened with PSOBB neither with PSU back in the day.

As for the japanese players leaving the ship 2 some might leave because of the hacking that happened of course and because the ship seems to still be a little unstable with that topic were hackers particularly still play there. But even so that doesn't mean that in the future this may change and the ship will get repopulated with plenty of players again.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 04:56 AM
No I think they started leaving after ship 2 became the main 'hacker' target, just linking that with no new event mission for ship 2 as not a coincidence. People can make what they want of that.

Neirene
Aug 2, 2012, 05:00 AM
Even so the lack of content just doesn't make sense if they were going to abbandon the ship they could just shutdown the SHIP2 server machine and that's it, and of course they are not gonna do that because of the reasons i've mentioned above.

Lyrah
Aug 2, 2012, 05:21 AM
Yea there's definitely a smaller amount of people playing at any given time on ship 2. It's kinda sad :c

Retehi
Aug 2, 2012, 05:43 AM
http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/noair.png
"It'll be a good lesson to the other ships."

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/foryou.png
"GIVE THESE PEOPLE THE NEW EMERGENCY MISSION!"

GoldenFalcon
Aug 2, 2012, 05:48 AM
Well, it just gave the announcement for an emergency mission

Macras
Aug 2, 2012, 06:03 AM
ship 2 get city 500.... again...

Ana-Chan
Aug 2, 2012, 06:19 AM
Since the maintenance yesterday, I've started something on my matter board which requires me to get a drop from a dinian (the ones that cast resta), and ever since then I have not seen a single dinian spawn even after running a few missions. Does this mean that dinians have stopped spawning?
The city missions work off of a probability system, and so with the right kind of luck, you can go on for quite a long time without seeing something. Of course, it is very very unlikely that we will not see that mission for a long time, but it is still possible. Like how another one of my matter board monsters decided not to drop an item for two days.

~Inu~
Aug 2, 2012, 06:23 AM
We have gotten 500, Ragne, and now we just got 500 again.
The emergency missions are in a rotation so this is probably intentional or sega somehow messed up loading the code.

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 06:28 AM
Since the maintenance yesterday, I've started something on my matter board which requires me to get a drop from a dinian (the ones that cast resta), and ever since then I have not seen a single dinian spawn even after running a few missions. Does this mean that dinians have stopped spawning?
The city missions work off of a probability system, and so with the right kind of luck, you can go on for quite a long time without seeing something. Of course, it is very very unlikely that we will not see that mission for a long time, but it is still possible. Like how another one of my matter board monsters decided not to drop an item for two days.

Yep. You'd think Sega would learn not to rely on bad RNG systems, right?

Well, evidently, wrong.

Nurusanura
Aug 2, 2012, 06:36 AM
Its funny how anyone could even believe that this is some sort of conspiracy. :P

drizzle
Aug 2, 2012, 06:49 AM
Abandon ship! Women and lolis first!

Mystil
Aug 2, 2012, 07:32 AM

K, bye?

EvilMag
Aug 2, 2012, 07:47 AM
Its funny how anyone could even believe that this is some sort of conspiracy. :P

My uncle who works at Sega told me so.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 2, 2012, 07:49 AM
My uncle who works at Sega told me so.

Your's too?

EvilMag
Aug 2, 2012, 07:50 AM
Your's too?

Yep. He's also the same uncle who worked at Nintendo who told me beat the Elite Four 200 times with Caterpies and you can get Mew under the truck.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 2, 2012, 07:52 AM
Yep. He's also the same uncle who worked at Nintendo who told me beat the Elite Four 200 times with Caterpies and you can get Mew under the truck.

200? dang i thought 250...wasted 50 battles x.x

Shadowth117
Aug 2, 2012, 08:22 AM

Yeah man, my uncle works there too and told me that you can get Sonic in Smash Bros Melee if you get 20 kills in Cruel Melee!

pikachief
Aug 2, 2012, 09:00 AM
and we just got another Ragne Emergency Quest :D lol

Arios
Aug 2, 2012, 09:01 AM
Another emergency and.......Ragne :-(

Crysteon
Aug 2, 2012, 09:03 AM
Gotta love how Lina starts something and people panic instantly without fully questioning the argument.

All this emergency quest thing must be some sort fo bug Sega hasnt noticed about (ofc, it's quite curious it only happens at Ship 2). If it's maganed by odds, we have a 33% chance to actually get the Fang beasts quest we want to run so bad (really, it's just a reskinned battle from what I saw in a YT vid). Unfortunately/fortunately, it doesnt work by odds but by ordered runs (500 monsters, then Ragne, then Fang beasts).

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 09:51 AM
It's not just a reskinned Banshee, I believe they have slightly different attack patterns as well. But even so, I'd still like to have said I fought the forest banshees.

Would prefer that over mindlessly grinding the same worn-out emergency city any day.

Link1275
Aug 2, 2012, 09:52 AM
Ship 8 has seen the quest, oh and forest banshees are freaking HARD to kill.

pikachief
Aug 2, 2012, 09:53 AM
It's just just a reskinned Banshee, I believe they have slightly different attack patterns as well. But even so, I'd still like to have said I fought the forest banshees.

Would prefer that over mindlessly grinding the same worn-out emergency city any day.

i'd like to fight forest banshee also. Along with unlocking it as an emergency code for future forest missions and I was the new launcher that drops from him.

kkow
Aug 2, 2012, 10:02 AM
played the quest yesterday on ship 6. fun duo. those trees those trees.

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 10:06 AM
I was wondering why I wasn't seeing the new weapons in player shops...
When they do drop they'll go for 5mil here on ship 2 just for seldom the quest shows up. :c

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 10:14 AM
Palette swap with a tree gimmick. Missing out on a lot.

Crysteon
Aug 2, 2012, 10:20 AM
Palette swap with a tree gimmick. Missing out on a lot.

I know, right? I also saw on the JP wiki that their drops are not really amazing at all, excluding the stupid looking launcher...their units are Hunter-oriented with TDEF dominance (as if there were Chaos Sorcerers behind our asses trying to incinerate us with Foie all day long), and rod doesnt event reach Bifrost nor Garland stats...

I regret waiting all night for them.

Gardios
Aug 2, 2012, 10:35 AM
FFS they need to stop shafting forces.

Shadowth117
Aug 2, 2012, 10:40 AM
I know, right? I also saw on the JP wiki that their drops are not really amazing at all, excluding the stupid looking launcher...their units are Hunter-oriented with TDEF dominance (as if there were Chaos Sorcerers behind our asses trying to incinerate us with Foie all day long), and rod doesnt event reach Bifrost nor Garland stats...

I regret waiting all night for them.
Well that could imply we'll be getting some magic using enemies sometime soon although even then those don't sound too great.

Really a shame that rod sucks so much. I was hoping it wouldn't be like that, but that ended up happening with 9* talises so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. I guess our next best weapons will probably be either 10* or 6* weapons. I could see something like the Vita フォールオンス ( I don't know what the heck that's supposed to translate to...) being really good. Not sure how Ranger and Hunter equivalents hold up in that respect.

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 10:51 AM
Outside of forces I don't know any weapon that gets at least 500 or more class-respective attack so how are forces shafted?
The game is yet to have a 9 star launcher

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 10:55 AM
K, bye?

Are you going? Okay seeya!

Good riddance I say...

All this emergency quest thing must be some sort fo bug Sega hasnt noticed about (ofc, it's quite curious it only happens at Ship 2).
Confirmed that it's only ship 2 that hasn't gotten this emergency mission at the time of writing.

Crysteon
Aug 2, 2012, 10:58 AM
Outside of forces I don't know any weapon that gets at least 500 or more class-respective attack so how are forces shafted?
The game is yet to have a 9 star launcher

There are a few weapons for Hunter that easily reach 500 on their respective ATKs. Hunters have Dinian Edge and Ardillo for Swords that can easily surpass the 500 SATK barrier at +10 (Ardillo reaches 602 SATK with Vol Soul + Power 3...that may explain the overpricing on it). With Vol Soul + Power 3 infusion, many Hunter weapons easily reach 500+ SATK (i.e: Jagrith, Alba Calibur, etc). Same case applies for Ranger, with Mizer + Shoot 3/4, Tigredol rifle can get around the 530 RATK.

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 11:00 AM
Pretty sure you don't need a 9* Launcher. A 1* will do the trick just fine.

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 11:00 AM
There are a few weapons for Hunter that easily reach 500 on their respective ATKs. Hunters have Dinian Edge and Ardillo for Swords that can easily surpass the 500 SATK barrier at +10 (Ardillo reaches 602 SATK with Vol Soul + Power 3...that may explain the overpricing on it). With Vol Soul + Power 3 infusion, many Hunter weapons easily reach 500+ SATK (i.e: Jagrith, Alba Calibur, etc). Same case applies for Ranger, with Mizer + Shoot 3/4, Tigredol rifle can get around the 530 RATK.

Have you heard of ガーランド? Nope? I'll tell you then - it's a 9 star rod that at +10 grind reaches 533 T-ATK without any damn abilities, without any damn abilities.

533 T-ATK

Crysteon
Aug 2, 2012, 11:03 AM
Yes, I know that rod. Dinian Edge and Ardillo dont require abilites to reach both 516 and 542 SATK, lol.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 2, 2012, 11:20 AM
SoJ: So, how can we get those baka gaijins off our servers?
SoJ calls SoA to get advice with dealing with baka gaijins.
SoA:Well, you could always hold content back several months behind or just stiff them of certain things altogether! Your customer service is a shining example of what we strive for and hope to one day attain: You have none for baka gaijins! Ha Ha!
SoJ: Brilliant!

Keii
Aug 2, 2012, 09:32 PM
Quick question - how are you people "confirming" that S02 didn't get the emergency mission anyway? I've searched both the official site and some Japanese forums and haven't found a single piece of information/rumor about that.

Edit:
I've sent a support request regarding this problem, so I guess we'll see how Sega will respond pretty soon.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 09:41 PM
Quick question - how are you people "confirming" that S02 didn't get the emergency mission anyway? I've searched both the official site and some Japanese forums and haven't found a single piece of information/rumor about that.

There's no information because it hasn't happened. The moment Ship 2 gets the emergency mission it'll be all over the social media.

Dan Maku
Aug 2, 2012, 10:52 PM
Sega's boss: "Quick! We have a bunch of baka gaijin clocking up Ship 2! What's the best way to get rid of them?"
Programmer: "How about we program the servers so the new Fang Banshee event never happens in Ship 2?"
Sega's boss: "Genius! Here's 500 yen, go buy yourself a pair of used schoolgirl panties from the vending machine in the lounge."

Macras
Aug 2, 2012, 11:14 PM

Edit:
I've sent a support request regarding this problem, so I guess we'll see how Sega will respond pretty soon.

i've been sleeping horribly (note lightly or not at all) so i've been talking with people about the time i wasnt on and yep, still no fang banther on ship 2. as likely have other people on ship 2 (aside the not sleeping well part)

COMMUNITY! SHIP 2 HAS ONE! :-o

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 2, 2012, 11:22 PM
Sega's boss: "Quick! We have a bunch of baka gaijin clocking up Ship 2! What's the best way to get rid of them?"
Programmer: "How about we program the servers so the new Fang Banshee event never happens in Ship 2?"
Sega's boss: "Genius! Here's 500 yen, go buy yourself a pair of used schoolgirl panties from the vending machine in the lounge."

He got ripped off. He could have just stepped outside and went down a couple of streets, and bought a pair for 400 yen out of a different machine. Is this how Sega treats their employees?!

Arika
Aug 2, 2012, 11:25 PM
He got ripped off. He could have just stepped outside and went down a couple of streets, and bought a pair for 400 yen out of a different machine. Is this how Sega treats their employees?!

probably walk down a couple of streets doesn't worth the 100 yen saving. 100 yen is nothing when it come to people with job in JP.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 2, 2012, 11:28 PM
probably walk down a couple of streets doesn't worth the 100 yen saving. 100 yen is nothing when it come to people with job in JP.

Oh Arika. You so crazy.

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/naikkiz/CR_235709_yao_ming.jpg

Ce'Nedra
Aug 3, 2012, 02:23 AM

For an additional 500 he would probarly have gotten the schoolgirl herself as well for a whole night.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 3, 2012, 02:32 AM
For an additional 500 he would probarly have gotten the schoolgirl herself as well for a whole night.

Damn you for giving me another reason to visit Japan.