PDA

View Full Version : We need "No NPC" Blocks

Ark22
Aug 2, 2012, 11:42 AM
I know a lot of people like playing with NPC's but it gets ridiculous when 9 of the players in an MPA are bots. I would think this is probably one of the best solutions, that or just an MPA with NPC's off, but I don't know how THAT would work.

Agree or disagree?

IAmSecretSpy
Aug 2, 2012, 11:45 AM
Agree or atleast allow 12 separate Party's to have 3 bots each ;)
lmao j/k

Dan Maku
Aug 2, 2012, 11:45 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2m44mdv.jpg

Garnet_Moon
Aug 2, 2012, 11:46 AM
You're not in MPAs long enough to care.

If you are, you're probably either farming drops or EXP in the zone and will be there long enough to outlive the 1 player 3 bot parties and eventually will fill up with 12 players. Mine always do.

Ark22
Aug 2, 2012, 11:49 AM
Garnet, I would totally agree with you back in the CB/OB days, but now everyone is filling up MPA's with NPC's. And yeah I do farm that's why I care, how can I get a good PSE burst/bosses/codes if I see 85% are NPC's. I know people love their NPC's but GAWD! Feels like Futurama when they were able to clone the looks of a girl onto a robot.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 2, 2012, 11:51 AM
Garnet, I would totally agree with you back in the CB/OB days, but now everyone is filling up MPA's with NPC's. And yeah I do farm that's why I care, how can I get a good PSE burst/bosses/codes if I see 85% are NPC's. I know people love their NPC's but GAWD! Feels like Futurama when they were able to clone the looks of a girl onto a robot.
I should get your partner card and join you in an MPA with your own BOT... Mwahaha~

Ark22
Aug 2, 2012, 11:54 AM
I should get your partner card and join you in an MPA with your own BOT... Mwahaha~

If you are on ship 2 I swear to all that is bueno.

But I am on now running Free Field Tundra in block 20.

BACK ON TOPIC, I just want sega to do something with this. Pretty sure MPA's were meant for people to get together to have fun, not see clones of everyone, or Lisa's.

Obsolete
Aug 2, 2012, 11:58 AM
Maybe they'll add in an option on the quest menu to disable all NPC/Player Cards. It would certainly solve a lot of problems ^^

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 12:08 PM
They need first to add an option to disable all cut-ins.

Ark22
Aug 2, 2012, 12:20 PM
I want the Tablets gone, man I hate it when I accidentally trigger one.

KEV1N
Aug 2, 2012, 12:31 PM

This...

"I'VE JUST USED A PA! :3"
*Cut-in*
"I'VE JUST DODGED! :3"
*Cut-in*
"EMERGENCY CODE! :3"
*Cut-in*
"EMERGENCY CODE COMPRETED! :3"
*Cut-in*
"THANK YOU FOR THE HEAL MEOW! :3" X4
*Cut-in*
"I'M AN ANNOYING CUNT! :3"
*Cut-in FROMEVERYFRIGGIN'ANGLE*

WHY?

Sizustar
Aug 2, 2012, 12:36 PM
You guys do know that you can send your opinion and ideas to Sega, it's right on the PSO2 official website, instead of just complaining, wouldn't it be better to form a group and send in a good number of similiar idea, so Sega will take notice?

Send idea/opinion/comment
https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=opinion

mctastee
Aug 2, 2012, 12:41 PM

People are gonna play how they wanna play. I, personally, have stopped taking NPCs altogether because they aren't all that useful. I will, however, telepipe back to the camp ship to get NPCs if I am about to fight a boss.

moorebounce
Aug 2, 2012, 12:42 PM
I don't agree with NPC blocks because Sega took one of the main reasons to form teams/guilds in the first place. Thats to hunt for items together is giving items to your teammates. So since you can't give each other your items whats the use of having teams and helping each other out? You may be farming with real players and the item you were looking has dropped but not for you. Unless you can get lucky enough to buy it in the shop from your teammate at a reduced price or both of you have premium services and trade you're stuck.

I would rather play with real players all the time (because the NPC are programmed to be stupid) but at the moment we don't have enough players on the servers who can play at the same time and/or get along.

Kanore
Aug 2, 2012, 12:43 PM
if i agree how much closer will we here on pso-world get to actually having npc-free blocks

Garnet_Moon
Aug 2, 2012, 12:46 PM
This...

*Cut-in*
*Cut-in*
*Cut-in*
*Cut-in*
*Cut-in*

WHY?

Mine are more like...
/mn3 /moya Oh, you survived? How persistent.
*cut-in*
/mn6 /moya B...Baka... I didn't need the heal...
*cut-in*
/mn36 /toge Oh I found a shiny rare item!
*cut-in*
/mn16 /moya Oh Miss Nassandra~
*cut-in*
/mn5 /moya Estelle I'm dying.
*cut-in*

MelancholyWitch
Aug 2, 2012, 12:55 PM
Not everyone has a team or has teams that have players who all play X amount of hours, it is rather annoying when you have a really good farm group going on a nice map and there are 3-4 bots in there potentially taking space from other people who would like to farm. Let other people have a chance stop being so self centered, we're not telling you how to play the game simply asking you to let others have a chance on a good map.

Besides can someone confirm this? but I'm fairly certain when you invite an NPC from partner card for Fun points don't they only receive fun based on completion of the mission and can only receive it once a day? If that's the case I don't see how people can't realize how utterly useless those NPC's are in multiparty areas that have been going on for hours... the excuse to get them Fun wouldn't work but I could be wrong.

Vashyron
Aug 2, 2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah you only get the FUN at the end.

Which reminds me of especially the most annoying point, people who bring NPCs to Multiparties with the intention of Multi-partying.
I understand those who are just going trough the area to their mission objective, but those who specifically bring in NPCs to actually go around the area with the Multiparty are just wasting slots for other real players which can not only help better than NPCs, but also influence Events occurring. (As well as potentially killing the Multi-party as people won't like sticking around one that is filled with NPCs.)

Garnet_Moon
Aug 2, 2012, 01:01 PM
Real men run the NPCs in the very first mission for the FUN points. It's over in like 2 minutes tops.

I'm on so irregularly that all my parties are with NPCs. If I find a party that is farming, I simply drop a telepipe, vendor my stuff, then kick the bots and get a snack since that MPA will keep me busy quite a while.

Xaeris
Aug 2, 2012, 01:02 PM
I think the OP presents a very fair compromise.

Ark22
Aug 2, 2012, 01:12 PM
I don't agree with NPC blocks because Sega took one of the main reasons to form teams/guilds in the first place. Thats to hunt for items together is giving items to your teammates. So since you can't give each other your items whats the use of having teams and helping each other out? You may be farming with real players and the item you were looking has dropped but not for you. Unless you can get lucky enough to buy it in the shop from your teammate at a reduced price or both of you have premium services and trade you're stuck.

I would rather play with real players all the time (because the NPC are programmed to be stupid) but at the moment we don't have enough players on the servers who can play at the same time and/or get along.

Don't want to sound like an ass, but I am pretty sure when Sega decided to put this in they wanted you to make friends, not see clones of your friends. And yeah you can multiparty with your teams, but honestly I would get bored seeing the same person everyday that's why I love to go in an MPA and see new faces.

Off topic: What is OP? I seen that soo many times. <Not familiar with thread lingo.

Reyva
Aug 2, 2012, 01:13 PM
Can't agree or disagree because I really don't care like the rest of you in regards to the whole NPC thing. Should of just not added this system in the first place so in other words, remove it. No one needs it and everyone complaining about such things can live happily ever after. So until then, you put up, or shut up because you can't really tell anyone to remove their NPCs.

If they are around forever, just leave as you really can't do jack. If this was a PvP game, I'd just kill you anyways with or without npcs. Personally, if you ask me and if I'm in a guild or have billions of friends, I'd just make a password protected MPA.

And if it seems I didn't provide a insightful post its because such topics about NPCs in parties has been talked about on here so many times I've stopped caring. If you know JP, just send it off to SoJ and be done with it. Doubt anything will happen though unless you get a large mob of JP players with you.

Continue the banter though. Its sometimes entertaining to read.

Xaeris
Aug 2, 2012, 01:15 PM
Off topic: What is OP? I seen that soo many times. <Not familiar with thread lingo.

Original post/poster.

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 01:18 PM
This...

*Cut-in*
*Cut-in*
*Cut-in*
*Cut-in*
*Cut-in*

WHY?

This post.
This fucking post. Thank you so much.

Macman
Aug 2, 2012, 01:38 PM
Mine are more like...
*cut-in*
*cut-in*
*cut-in*
*cut-in*
*cut-in*
That is equally as shameful. I only have an auto word set for levelling up, since that's the only occasion that warrants some kind of obnoxious cut-in.

Kanore
Aug 2, 2012, 01:38 PM
Mine are more like...
*cut-in*
*cut-in*
*cut-in*
*cut-in*
*cut-in*

you're not supposed to admit that you actually do this

ScottyMango
Aug 2, 2012, 02:03 PM
Bots bug the shit out of me. It's basically just like saying "Haha I'm taking up space that could be used much more effectively! No I won't make room for other people!"

Why play a primarily multiplayer game, farming a multiparty area... just to bring some useless bots with you? It makes no sense, unless you have some hardcore social anxiety.

Gardios
Aug 2, 2012, 02:11 PM
Just because it's an MMORPG doesn't mean you have to party up with other people, especially considering that they programmed things (e.g. bots, spawn depending on the number of human players) to allow you to do so.

ScottyMango
Aug 2, 2012, 02:13 PM
Then don't party up with other people, and go play solo with your bots. Taking them into multiparty farms is just dumb.

Husq
Aug 2, 2012, 02:32 PM
I don't really mind bots, but some bots are really annoying. Especially those spamming auto-text. I fought a couple of ragnes and cats today and the die like flies and the message pops up informing people that the are dead. Most of time I wasted moon atmomizers on them, since in the heat of battle you just cannot see if they are bots or not. Furthermore using items just put oneself into stupid situation, because you cannot act for a few seconds and you are probably going to be hit. I wish that people when making their bots would disable it, it is just pain.

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 02:37 PM
We need English only blocks where you don't need an English patch. But they specifically translate everything just for these blocks.

VANNO
Aug 2, 2012, 02:42 PM
When ever I get on I make sure to play a few rounds with just bots so that my friends get FUN and so that I bring up my friendship levels with NPCS (I like getting free stuff). I make sure to lock my room and if I do play in a MPA I make sure there are either no parties in it or if there is make sure that I lock MPA.

I honestly don't mind seeing bots running around because honestly it's easy as pie to ignore it. And I admit I like seeing myself haha. Seeing bots yell just insures me there is someone else on the map, and the game has them for a reason so why not use them if you want to? Let people have their fun. If you want to hunt for something find people and password the area. Not THAT hard.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 2, 2012, 02:42 PM
Disallowing NPC's in "Party" blocks would actually be cool
Of course, it would still allow NPC terminal for people who make the mission with the matching-password-multiparty option

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 2, 2012, 02:47 PM
Smdh....

When you want to burst party, you multiparty password the game, and put in the description "Burst party, no NPC allowed" and you put the pass in the comment field for people that are looking for that kind of party. This is how everyone does it dude. Everyone. And its how all the japanese players handle it as well.

The MPA password option exists for a reason. If you're not using it, well :-?

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 2, 2012, 03:26 PM
We need English only blocks where you don't need an English patch. But they specifically translate everything just for these blocks.

This will never happen.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 03:27 PM

I'll admit I lol'd.

DARKWINGDARA
Aug 2, 2012, 03:36 PM
npc's are gross, but i love my cut-in's since my character is perfection herself.
everyone else's face is ugly though. especially those loli's.

face supremacy!
[spoiler-box]
http://i49.tinypic.com/2i959q0.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

also people are really bad at bursting in this game.
gotta stop picking up that meseta, man.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 03:38 PM
You're giving yourself way too much credit, champ. She's pretty, but nothing 'above and beyond.'

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 03:43 PM
This is the reason emergency city is a blessing..
No bots. :l

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 03:44 PM
This will never happen.

I would hope not.

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 04:04 PM
This...(...)
Obnoxious autowords are the only a third of my concern, I'm just getting annoyed when some shit randomly covers my minimap or the enemy/trap, view generally.

kkow
Aug 2, 2012, 04:10 PM
cant you turn the autowords off?...

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 04:10 PM
whining..

You know you can turn off auto-words right?
No, it's much easier to just complain about them I suppose.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 04:11 PM

...Where?! I must know. Because, no offense to some of my friends, but their Autowords start to piss me off after a while.

ScottyMango
Aug 2, 2012, 04:12 PM
npc's are gross, but i love my cut-in's since my character is perfection herself.
everyone else's face is ugly though. especially those loli's.

face supremacy!
[spoiler-box]
http://i49.tinypic.com/2i959q0.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

You're giving yourself way too much credit, champ. She's pretty, but nothing 'above and beyond.'

At first, I was going to say how I find your character more attractive than OLAF's, but upon further inspection I realized she looks like a videogameified version of my crazy ex girlfriend and I can no longer back you up in good conscience. :c

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 04:12 PM

You can't make them disappear, they won't show in the chatlog, that's all. The other setting is for toggling your autowords.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 04:13 PM
At first, I was going to say how I find your character more attractive than OLAF's, but then upon further inspection I realized she looks like a videogameified version of my crazy ex girlfriend and can no longer back you up in good conscience. :c

and also, that would have been incredibly obnoxious of you, anyway ('revenge' for busting your balls in that bikini thread, I take it). It's not a competition, but people with an overabundance of bravado need to be told so.

ScottyMango
Aug 2, 2012, 04:14 PM
Didn't think anyone would pay it much heed >_> being videogame avatars and all.

And busting my balls? I honestly don't even remember any of that. I was just stating my preference between two people's opinion on a character lol.

Didn't mean to upset you, man x:

Vashyron
Aug 2, 2012, 04:15 PM
You can't make them disappear, they won't show in the chatlog, that's all. The other setting is for toggling your autowords.

And this only works with Autowords coming off players, NPCs in your party or out are still in your face and chat log.

(NPC Autowords outside your own party still invade your own party chat funny enough.)

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 04:17 PM
And this only works with Autowords coming off players, NPCs in your party or out are still in your face and chat log.

(NPC Autowords outside your own party still invade your own party chat funny enough.)

That reminds me that I filtered out NPCs from the chatlog but all it did remove was the part that are actually worth reading and left out those damn partner dialogues ;-)

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 04:19 PM
Obnoxious autowords are the only a third of my concern, I'm just getting annoyed when some shit randomly covers my minimap or the enemy/trap, view generally.

Ugh, I see I'm not the only one that uses the minimap for navigation or mob locations while fighting and is rendered half-blind when autowords decide they want to cover an important part of the UI.

rabble rabble

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 04:35 PM
...Where?! I must know. Because, no offense to some of my friends, but their Autowords start to piss me off after a while.

B..But but!
My NPC provides the most important kind of support!
Moral support!

Naw, I could foresee some people finding my NPC dialogue annoying. But I've been told by some that they enjoy the "company" npc dialogues bring. If people find them annoying they could always grab a mute NPC. >.>

IzzyData
Aug 2, 2012, 04:57 PM
Yes, add another checkbox when starting a quest at the counter to make it npc enabled or not. Or maybe a maximum amount of npc's per party such as 1 npc.

Mystil
Aug 2, 2012, 05:00 PM
MPA is the only time I don't bring NPCs. And I spend most of my days in a locked game with my NPCs.

I haven't seen any with clones or other NPCs out yet. But Im just there to farm exp anyway.

If you mean NPC chatter, I agree. Sometimes I can't see a thing with all those chat boxes.

Hosaka
Aug 2, 2012, 06:35 PM
Oh look, people on PSOW whining about how other people play the game.

That's new.

Blizz3112
Aug 2, 2012, 06:47 PM
Don't blame the players if such options are available for them, you know... ;-)

It's like free samples in supermarkets and a guy takes two instead of one... you might be annoyed by it, but then they shouldn't leave such samples to be taken so easily (or unattended).

KEV1N
Aug 2, 2012, 07:36 PM

Wrong.

Vashyron
Aug 2, 2012, 08:13 PM
Right now most issues brought up is actually due to some bad game design.

If only we had a actual Multiparty setup as a option on top of what we have now so people who are looking to specifically multiparty wouldn't have to go trough this convoluted mess for setting them up and maintaining them.

And as for Autowords how about some "magical button" that allows you to turn them all off or just the Cut ins.

Lostbob117
Aug 2, 2012, 08:24 PM
Why don't you make a thread of "who wants to farm desert with me?" and just make a multiparty I'm sure if you all go to an almost empty block you'll all meet up in the same multiparty area.

Did a little research you can join a party as another party.

Ark22
Aug 3, 2012, 12:51 AM
Right now most issues brought up is actually due to some bad game design.

If only we had a actual Multiparty setup as a option on top of what we have now so people who are looking to specifically multiparty wouldn't have to go trough this convoluted mess for setting them up and maintaining them.

And as for Autowords how about some "magical button" that allows you to turn them all off or just the Cut ins.

Vash is one of the few people here actually thinking right.

No, we are not whining how people play the game. MPA's were meant for people to make friends and team up, not see worthless NPC's running around with cut-ins. Sure 1 is good enough to use as a dummy shield. When you are about to fight a boss go put in all 3. If you are running around the MPA, you really don't need 1, you can give that space to a human player to actually help you 10 times more than the NPC bot. I mean if you REALLY need bots, put it in Single mode, because you really don't need that mess running around an MPA.

Why don't you make a thread of "who wants to farm desert with me?" and just make a multiparty I'm sure if you all go to an almost empty block you'll all meet up in the same multiparty area.

Did a little research you can join a party as another party.
\If I really have to organize to have fun, I might as well stop gaming and play college life 24/7.

Lostbob117
Aug 3, 2012, 12:56 AM
Vash is one of the few people here actually thinking right.

No, we are not whining how people play the game. MPA's were meant for people to make friends and team up, not see worthless NPC's running around with cut-ins. Sure 1 is good enough to use as a dummy shield. When you are about to fight a boss go put in all 3. If you are running around the MPA, you really don't need 1, you can give that space to a human player to actually help you 10 times more than the NPC bot. I mean if you REALLY need bots, put it in Single mode, because you really don't need that mess running around an MPA.

\If I really have to organize to have fun, I might as well stop gaming and play college life 24/7.

Actually you could join those 4/4 parties with that has no bots by pressing on it and when joining press the second option did that today and man that multiparty was good until I started lagging like a bitch.

Mike
Aug 3, 2012, 12:58 AM
Not a terrible idea. You'll be wishing you could do it again after it ends.

Shota
Aug 3, 2012, 01:15 AM
whenever i'm going in a mission i bring 2 bots maximum if no one is in my party. Every time someone joins i kick one until i have a full party of none bots. If i notice the multiparty i'm in has a lot of people i kick all my bots

Ark22
Aug 3, 2012, 01:46 AM
Actually you could join those 4/4 parties with that has no bots by pressing on it and when joining press the second option did that today and man that multiparty was good until I started lagging like a bitch.

Haha I have to search for them pretty hard though. And even if I join those with 4 humans and I have 4 friends, the other guy could use up the entire slot for NPC's. I just don't see why people need 3 NPC's.

And don't worry Mike, I am sorta in college 13/4 I really don't want anymore.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 3, 2012, 02:00 AM
I start with 3 NPCs when I enter an MPA and nobody is online, or everybody is occupied to a previous engagement. If It's active, like the one I had just now, I'll kick the NPCs and welcome whomever joins.

Even if it's one of those horrible mapes that spawn nowthing but Tranmizers and Ant Lions. Like the one I was just on.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 02:14 AM
I'd like a no-NPC block for when I want to MPA. For when I want bots, well, we have the rest of the ship don't we?

I start with 3 NPCs when I enter an MPA and nobody is online, or everybody is occupied to a previous engagement. If It's active, like the one I had just now, I'll kick the NPCs and welcome whomever joins.

Even if it's one of those horrible mapes that spawn nowthing but Tranmizers and Ant Lions. Like the one I was just on.

Horrible? Nothing but tranmizers and gwanadas?

get out

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 3, 2012, 03:30 AM
Smdh....

When you want to burst party, you multiparty password the game, and put in the description "Burst party, no NPC allowed" and you put the pass in the comment field for people that are looking for that kind of party. This is how everyone does it dude. Everyone. And its how all the japanese players handle it as well.

The MPA password option exists for a reason. If you're not using it, well :-?

Just sayin :twak:

Mystil
Aug 3, 2012, 06:45 AM
Not a terrible idea. You'll be wishing you could do it again after it ends.

Aint been there, but I agree anyway. Would be nice to be a teen again ;p.

Ark22
Aug 3, 2012, 09:43 AM
Just sayin :twak:

Haha, dood you can set the password all you want, they could join in as a group of their own in a MPA. The only possible, less complicated way I can see how they fix this is just make a block for no NPC's. that way people can have a fair choice.

Chibi_psu
Aug 3, 2012, 12:16 PM
there is no point of solo in this game because the drops are unique for each player and nobody can steal your stuff...So playing solo with npc...i dont like it at all

Omisan
Aug 3, 2012, 01:00 PM
I have run into people that prefer to play in empty-ish blocks because they are uncomfortable around large groups of people.

I dont wanna be judgmental because i dont understand it.... being a video game and you are probably alone in a room somewhere.. but they will play with all npc until u get them to drop some and tell you the password.

Macman
Aug 3, 2012, 01:45 PM
I have run into people that prefer to play in empty-ish blocks because they are uncomfortable around large groups of people.
That's pretty sad when people are afraid of other people not only in real life, but on the INTERNET as well.

SoliceTK
Aug 3, 2012, 02:18 PM
Haha, dood you can set the password all you want, they could join in as a group of their own in a MPA. The only possible, less complicated way I can see how they fix this is just make a block for no NPC's. that way people can have a fair choice.

I might have this wrong, but I think there is an option to block other parties too. The second option in the Password section right?

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2012, 02:21 PM
I might have this wrong, but I think there is an option to block other parties too. The second option in the Password section right?Indeed. People have been making parties and locking the MPA with the password in the description to keep random people from joining while allowing those who want to go for PSE bursts or what-have-you to join, since they'd likely be looking for existing parties anyway.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 4, 2012, 06:06 AM

Holy shit can you read?? How long have you even been playing this game, a few days?

THERE. IS. AN. OPTION. TO. TICK,. TO. LOCK. THE. MULTI. PARTY. AREA.

Can you not read the words "Multiparty Password"?

Below the password box, there's two check boxes. Top check box is for locking the room only, second check box not only locks the room, but makes a brand new MPA that ONLY THE PEOPLE WITH YOUR PASSWORD ENTERED CAN JOIN, EVEN AS ANOTHER TEAM. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH

Jesus christ you clueless PSOworlders piss me off sometimes. Learn how to play the goddamn game already and stop complaining about crap that's only caused by your own stupidity.

Can someone change the name of this site? The extreme irony of a place called PSO World being filled with people that know the least about the game is really past the point of being funny. Like 5% of the userbase here know what the hell they're talking about. How sad is that.

erehwoN
Aug 4, 2012, 06:09 AM
Would be funny that if you used a friend card, that friend could seamlessly take over and scare the life out of you.

All the robot lolis in your team suddenly springing to life.
Nightmare fuel.

KEV1N
Aug 4, 2012, 07:25 AM
Jesus christ you clueless PSOworlders piss me off sometimes. Learn how to play the goddamn game already and stop complaining about crap that's only caused by your own stupidity.

Can someone change the name of this site? The extreme irony of a place called PSO World being filled with people that know the least about the game is really past the point of being funny. Like 5% of the userbase here know what the hell they're talking about. How sad is that.

Lol... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606336-phantasy-star-online-2/63593834)

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 07:34 AM
Holy shit can you read?? How long have you even been playing this game, a few days?

THERE. IS. AN. OPTION. TO. TICK,. TO. LOCK. THE. MULTI. PARTY. AREA.

Can you not read the words "Multiparty Password"?

Below the password box, there's two check boxes. Top check box is for locking the room only, second check box not only locks the room, but makes a brand new MPA that ONLY THE PEOPLE WITH YOUR PASSWORD ENTERED CAN JOIN, EVEN AS ANOTHER TEAM. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH

I haven't seen this much ironic anger on a forum in absolute days.

jooozek
Aug 4, 2012, 08:13 AM
Lol... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606336-phantasy-star-online-2/63593834)

Someone link her to that HUCast getting hit for massive 1HP with each hit.

Galax
Aug 4, 2012, 10:52 AM
I'm going to say something on topic, because I can see this might not be on topic for long with the potential drama and arguing in the making.

To everyone saying NPCs are useless, that is purely your opinion. You can lock your multiparties, as said above, and stop me joining with my friends bots by chance. Not all multiparties are joined actively, as I'm sure you know. Do you know why I use MY npcs?
Because my alt account, of who I managed to send his card to my new main, plays FO better than I did. Because having a full party of rifle-wielding rangers is amusing as hell and still effective when half to three fourths of us use weak bullet.
I don't know exactly what I was doing wrong when I played FO, but my NPC is overpowered by comparison. He loves to heal and buff with shifta and deband, can he can't seem to resist using anti the second I get burned, poisoned, or shocked. Useless? I disagree. My friends' NPCs, Dragon Kong, Jade, and Harpy, along with a few others whose names escape me atm, are all attack beasts as bots. Saving my ass from the mobs creeping up behind. Part of my usage is I LIKE our amusing set of autowords, and after over 50 runs with the SAME SET OF NPCS, I'm not tired of the SAME POPUPS. ONE of my friends has his NPC set up to use a few cut-ins. When? At the start of a mission and the start of a code, and I think the end of each as well. When mobs are running away from you or haven't spotted you yet. And besides, if I pop a resta or star atom, depending on my class, I've pretty consistently canceled the autoword that has a cut-in for one that doesn't. Of course, back to the main point, I forgot to mention that when an NPC dies, your rank seems to remain...what's that? Unaffected. They don't have the ability to accidentally or purposefully return to campship - If you're truly in need of that NPCs help, all you have to do is do your best to dodge and live until they get up. In my case, a FO npc with overpowered magic that puts down foes, keeps me healed, buffed, and free of statuses, I can do runs with him at my side that I can't do solo. Adding a launcher powerhouse and a sword-swinging CAST to my arsenal only strengthens me and gets the job done faster.

tl;dr NPCs are worthless in your opinion. They are not inherently worthless.

As to all the suggestions of NPC free blocks, start a thread and adopt a block in your home ship to try and start a club where you go to do MPAs with people who won't bring bots. Add each other on your friendlists and always keep the name the same - "MPA no bots" or something. Comment can be 'Whisper for the pass'. That way whoever's online in your group that wants to join has to do nothing complicated, just ask you for the MPA pass.

Jakosifer
Aug 4, 2012, 11:08 AM
Revival acting cray

You should save your anger for Illuminous' posts lolz.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 4, 2012, 12:43 PM
Someone link her to that HUCast getting hit for massive 1HP with each hit.

I saw that video lol.

And my gfaqs post was not ironic, Kev1n. Did you get banned again yet for being obnoxious in the Ship 2 lobbys? You should try to set a record for that :-P

I wanted to see a video of someone with one of these glass cannon HU builds that whine about how the game is so easy, not only solo the boss, but faceroll the boss with ease, since they all complain that everything dies in 5 seconds for them

So far, a HU with all his points in guard stance did a video that was not solo, and he did so little damage on his own he would not of been able to solo them in time. His 1 damage taken per hit is great and all but hes 100% a party centric tank build for Hate drawing to keep enemies busy while the party does all the work. So he didn't solo them, he didn't faceroll them either, and his damage was junk, that video didn't support the whiners complaints. I also doubt had he solo'd them, he would of even been able to win in time even with a build more on the offense side. If you watch the video it shows that hes not the best at being an offensive player that can stick on the target and keep wailing, getting as many hits as possible whenever possible. He spent most of the fight running around in circles spamming his goddamn autowords while people healed themselves.

The only other video so far i've seen was Vashs, he also wasn't doing godly damage, and if it weren't for his maxed auto mate skill he definitely would have died multiple times when the 2 cats were alive and up his ass, due to the wind up animation to use a mate manually. Even with the auto mate skill they almost combo'd him to death once before it kicked in, and he had like 1 mate left at the end of the fight, even though supposedly this game is so easy and everythings so easy to dodge and Just Guard

There was a 3rd video of a HU, but the quality was horrendous and you could not make out a damn detail, it was hard to even see which PA they were using for the Partizan, how much time was on the clock, and some other details. It was a japanese player though and I'm not suprised. That vids kinda irrelevant though since its english players bitching that the game is so beneath their hardcore gamer skills and all that jazz.

So, as far as the Forest Cats boss is concerned with that post I made, my point still stands.I don't see a level 40 HU regardless of build ever going into that fight solo, and facerolling the boss in like 5 minutes or less. Though with how alot of players are whining you'd think it would be easily done. Funny.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 4, 2012, 12:47 PM
took me 3 days to unlock free mines, JP players weren't even playing the missions needed, and the very few times i did see people playing those missions, their parties were all bots+^_^+ i agree, there should be a limit to the number of bots a person can use, like 1 partner and 1 friend leaving one spot empty to encourage the community to work together a little more+^_^+

Vashyron
Aug 4, 2012, 01:41 PM
Lol, Gamer X are you trying to turn this into your GFAQS topic?

Regardless like I said, this and the Snow variants are the only interesting bosses SOLO as HUNTER, now lets see where the game is most rewarding... multiparties and as we all know these bosses all scale up the the amount of people around... :wacko:

I'm not going gimp myself and run around soloing things as Hunter for some moderate challenge, it's bad game design.

Though in this case it is the game design for it to be easy, considering again they already are going to make Story Missions easier due to some crying.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 4, 2012, 02:31 PM
Lol, Gamer X are you trying to turn this into your GFAQS topic?

Regardless like I said, this and the Snow variants are the only interesting bosses SOLO as HUNTER, now lets see where the game is most rewarding... multiparties and as we all know these bosses all scale up the the amount of people around... :wacko:

I'm not going gimp myself and run around soloing things as Hunter for some moderate challenge, it's bad game design.

Though in this case it is the game design for it to be easy, considering again they already are going to make Story Missions easier due to some crying.

Nah I'm really not to be honest, but Kev1n "CAST SUPREMACY" McBannedass linked that topic in this topic for whatever reason so I had to clarify what he was linking.

Btw Sakai also said they are looking into making some adjustments towards the game’s balancing, so they will most likely change things up so individual characters are not so powerful that they steamroll things in a group.

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-august-2012-summer-status-report/

KEV1N
Aug 4, 2012, 02:32 PM
Kev1n. Did you get banned again yet for being obnoxious in the Ship 2 lobbys? You should try to set a record for that :-P

I don't play on ship 2. Try again, sport.

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 02:38 PM

Wherever you went...can I come?

It's scary here. And cold. So, so cold.

Wait, space is cold...like what's outside the window. OH NO.

KEV1N
Aug 4, 2012, 02:46 PM
Wherever you went...can I come?

It's scary here. And cold. So, so cold.

Wait, space is cold...like what's outside the window. OH NO.

Oh you.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 4, 2012, 02:58 PM

I know you don't play on Ship 2, because you got banned lol. In one of its lobbies for being an annoying derp and someone decided to move you and get you banned. I saw the screencaps dude lol.

KEV1N
Aug 4, 2012, 04:08 PM
I know you don't play on Ship 2, because you got banned lol. In one of its lobbies for being an annoying derp and someone decided to move you and get you banned. I saw the screencaps dude lol.

Are you referring to that one time I spammed "cast supremacy" a few times with some other people as the server was going down?

What screencaps?

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 4, 2012, 04:21 PM
Are you referring to that one time I spammed "cast supremacy" a few times with some other people as the server was going down?

What screencaps?

I honestly can't recall if they were posted here or on /vg/, but I clearly remember pics of you, outside the window dancing or some crap spamming CAST SUPREMACY, and from what little there was to see in the screenshots chat log, you were well aware you were outside the window and decided to be an attention whore about it

Hope it was worth it lol :-?

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 04:28 PM
I honestly can't recall if they were posted here or on /vg/, but I clearly remember pics of you, outside the window dancing or some crap spamming CAST SUPREMACY, and from what little there was to see in the screenshots chat log, you were well aware you were outside the window and decided to be an attention whore about it

I want you to know that you are my favorite poster.

Not only are you incredibly obnoxious and generally incompetent here, but it turns out that on GFAQ's (That place still exists?) you're highly critical of people that act exactly like you do here.

KEV1N
Aug 4, 2012, 05:53 PM

Bullshit. I have never done anything like that.

Post those screenshots.

Macman
Aug 5, 2012, 01:22 AM
Though in this case it is the game design for it to be easy, considering again they already are going to make Story Missions easier due to some crying. I think it's less about making it easier and more about making it so it doesn't take the average player 20 MINUTES to beat Hi Loga.

DerpiestShazbot
Aug 5, 2012, 01:32 AM
It's a little funny how these NPC bots pretty much promote playing this MMO as a single player game. Working as a team with other players is far more rewarding experience and this game should treat it like that.