PDA

View Full Version : So I ran into an interesting person today.

gravityvx
Aug 2, 2012, 01:06 PM
Was helping a friend with a timed cater to unlock free roam caves, and this hunter joins right, all good. The guy never uses a mate to heal himself, even though he can't seem to dodge worth a damn and is just taking ridiculous amounts of damage so we are both forced to heal this guy repeatedly(2 forces 18, 15), in turn slowing our kill pace by a lot. Now, we enter boss and this guy continues to get destroyed, I give him benefit of the doubt give him shifta/deband, only a few seconds later he dies. I get him up, and start to babysit, following him around healing since he doesn't seem to know how to dodge at all(note that we are very on time here). Now, I don't complain even once mind you, and even though after all that trouble carrying this guy we still managed to complete the mission with about a minute left. Now here's the funny part, we get to campship this guy goes you guys really suck. Our reaction?[SPOILER-BOX]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/Thatguyobliv/excaliburface.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 01:12 PM
Lol, I would have booted him the second time he died. Total dick move on my part, but its like some people expect that since they're in a party they reserve the right to be a complete and utter burden.

MissMalice
Aug 2, 2012, 01:18 PM
I've seen this guy before. Did he look anything like this?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/423/ragecomic.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

AdmiralPit
Aug 2, 2012, 01:20 PM
Ah yes. The old "Babysit idiotic noobs with attitude" routine. It's kinda amusing and sad at the same time when the person who dies so much says that. Do you remember what level the guy was? It would have been much more shameful if he was a higher level than you.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 2, 2012, 01:22 PM
Any Hunter that dies to Caterdran needs to be euthanized or neutered so they don't contaminate the world with their fail genes.

gravityvx
Aug 2, 2012, 01:28 PM
It was a level 15 hunter with wired lances, will never forget lol I was more shocked at the fact that we didn't even say a thing to him about the way he was playing as I never really care how anyone plays and just went with it then he just out and says what he did at the end, that's when I suddenly cared. ಠ_ಠ And Lak, I don't boot people unfortunately, unless they are just beyond dealing with.

hbmizzle10
Aug 2, 2012, 01:42 PM
sounds like you done the right thing

Ana-Chan
Aug 2, 2012, 01:45 PM
I wonder if this hunter who kept dying was trying to DPS at expense to personal safety and expected forces to keep casting resta?

ScottyMango
Aug 2, 2012, 01:55 PM
I can focus primarily on DPS while dodging. In fact, dodging can help your DPS if you do it properly with step-attack.

It's not a problem. He sounds like he was just shit.

gravityvx
Aug 2, 2012, 02:09 PM
I wonder if this hunter who kept dying was trying to DPS at expense to personal safety and expected forces to keep casting resta?

Even if this were the case, the very least they could do was try dodge some of the damage. Which I really could not tell if they were because we were throwing so many heals on this guy on the way there. And even still, as a hunter myself I think it is a must to have mates, dodge after each attack or combo depending on what you're up against and not depend on a force to keep healing me. Dodge is too good not take advantage of it, and this guy definitely did not. I would have said hey could you try to dodge more? But given what he was currently doing I figured he'd just start arguing so I kept my mouth shut.

Kirukia
Aug 2, 2012, 02:13 PM
He sounds awful you should've booted him, especially with his attitude.
I'm just wondering if he does this to all of the parties he joins, or if he has force friends who actually follow him around all day casting resta.

Macman
Aug 2, 2012, 02:18 PM
He's still stuck in PSO1 mentality where all forces were good for end-game was buffs and Resta.

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 02:18 PM
You shrug and you move on.

mctastee
Aug 2, 2012, 02:21 PM
I would have left. I understand that there are players that aren't gonna be very good at the game, but if you are gonna let yourself die and expect a rez every time, then you are in for a wake up call.

GrieverXVII
Aug 2, 2012, 02:23 PM
Lol there's nothing better than people who blame others for their own shortcomings.

VANNO
Aug 2, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hey, at lest it's a funny story to tell and know you know who to ignore!