PDA

View Full Version : I really appreciate all the AC you guys have been buying

Silver Crow
Aug 2, 2012, 02:16 PM
The game has been out for like a month and Sega is already cashing in. Hopefully they realise how much of a success the game is going to be and make better content and events in the future :D Thanks to all those who are buying AC and contributing even though Sega is probably filthy rich :p

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 2, 2012, 02:16 PM
You're welcome.

mctastee
Aug 2, 2012, 02:19 PM
You are very welcome. Now bow before my great ability to waste money.

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 02:20 PM
The game has been out for like a month and Sega is already cashing in. (...)
Source please.

Polly
Aug 2, 2012, 02:21 PM
Source please.

His uncle who works at Sega told him.

Gardios
Aug 2, 2012, 02:23 PM
Source please.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199174 :wacko:

Silver Crow
Aug 2, 2012, 02:23 PM
His uncle who works at Sega told him.

konichiwa.. nah but i've seen like a bazzilion posts about people saying they spent thousands of AC on scratch gacha or whatever the hell they are. just thanking them :)

GrieverXVII
Aug 2, 2012, 02:28 PM
I really wanted premiums but i told myself not to buy any until the NA version....i failed hard lol but in all seriousness i agree, i know my money is not only improving my game experience but supporting a great game and making a statement.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2012, 02:28 PM
Well, considering how many of the bikinis and stuff are showing up on market, and considering how terrible the odds are of getting those on the scratch, Sega MUST be raking it in right now.

Oh, I guess I was one of those guys. Yeah, you're welcome. Hopefully SEGA repay us in kind... ;)

Silver Crow
Aug 2, 2012, 02:34 PM
Well, considering how many of the bikinis and stuff are showing up on market, and considering how terrible the odds are of getting those on the scratch, Sega MUST be raking it in right now.

Oh, I guess I was one of those guys. Yeah, you're welcome. Hopefully SEGA repay us in kind... ;)

I hope they know the money is coming from international customers so they won't even think about IP banning us like they did in Monster Hunter Frontier!

If they ever threaten to IP ban us i'll use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QfSzgV1q5g

jooozek
Aug 2, 2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199174 :wacko:
If that can cover the costs of 4 years of developement then yeah, I guess they are really cashing in.

Silver Crow
Aug 2, 2012, 02:50 PM
If that can cover the costs of 4 years of developement then yeah, I guess they are really cashing in.

it's a bloody good start. its been a month!

DemonMike
Aug 2, 2012, 02:55 PM
it's a bloody good start. its been a month!

Exactly. I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers, because if this has drawn in mad amounts of cash like we imagine it has, think of the marketing potential they could offer in game to business like KFC and Pizza Hut like they have before.

Those bill boards all around were built for advertising!

Silver Crow
Aug 2, 2012, 02:57 PM
Exactly. I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers, because if this has drawn in mad amounts of cash like we imagine it has, think of the marketing potential they could offer in game to business like KFC and Pizza Hut like they have before.

Those bill boards all around were built for advertising!

Why are we discussing the negatives :< maybe good for them but not for us! I wouldn't mind Anime-style ads though.

sugarFO
Aug 2, 2012, 03:00 PM
I'm doubtful they're going to do anything absolutely amazing because of the AC buys. I'd be more inclined to believe that because they didn't even need to put much effort (most of the costumes were already made, just recolored, and the ones that were made were pretty simple) that future stuff will stay boringly the same. D:

DemonMike
Aug 2, 2012, 03:03 PM
Why are we discussing the negatives :< maybe good for them but not for us! I wouldn't mind Anime-style ads though.

Those are negatives for us? Bitch please, we're all dying for Colonel Sander's partner card again.

Acel
Aug 2, 2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks. It has been worth it. I think.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg703/scaled.php?server=703&filename=lalaluu.jpg&res=crop (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/lalaluu.jpg/)

darkante
Aug 2, 2012, 03:42 PM
Bah, i wouldnīt mind if i didnīt blew away 3000 AC on Gacha, but other then that i donīt regret anything.

Now if they could put up a full colour ticket (cast colour etc..) for 300-500 AC, then i wouldnīt mind wasting some more.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 2, 2012, 04:19 PM
I would buy some if sega stops rejecting the 3 credit cards and this prepaid visa card I've been thowing at them. Each just flat out say "HURDUR KANT PAY WITH DIZ KARDZ CONTACT UR BANKZ" -_-

Kanore
Aug 2, 2012, 04:21 PM
i'm sure sega appreciates everyone's money a lot more than you

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 2, 2012, 04:23 PM
I would buy some if sega stops rejecting the 3 credit cards and this prepaid visa card I've been thowing at them. Each just flat out say "HURDUR KANT PAY WITH DIZ KARDZ CONTACT UR BANKZ" -_-

I don't know what's worse actually... knowing that you have paid and the charge disappearing from your statement even after you have received your AC or not being able to pay at all, lol. One just seems to be a lesser evil than the other. I've already bought close to $40 worth of AC and haven't been charged a penny, even though I keep deducting the charges anyway =3=

Silver Crow
Aug 2, 2012, 04:26 PM
I don't know what's worse actually... knowing that you have paid and the charge disappearing from your statement even after you have received your AC or not being able to pay at all, lol. One just seems to be a lesser evil than the other. I've already bought close to $40 worth of AC and haven't been charged a penny, even though I keep deducting the charges anyway =3=

you should be careful incase they unjustly ban you if they ever check

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 04:28 PM
This is just how the JP billing system works for a lot of things. We should be billed in the next couple days, either that or permabanned and made into baka gaijin examples with all our head son pikes in the new lobby theme I guess.

sugarFO
Aug 2, 2012, 04:43 PM
This is just how the JP billing system works for a lot of things. We should be billed in the next couple days, either that or permabanned and made into baka gaijin examples with all our head son pikes in the new lobby theme I guess.

I hope my head gets to keep my cute hairpin thing. ._.

IzzyData
Aug 2, 2012, 05:00 PM
I pirate just about every game imaginable and would never even think about the idea of "buying" a game let a lone paying a monthly fee. Although I still bought 1000 AC because this game is just so amazing that it has pretty much fulfilled my childhood fantasy video game.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 2, 2012, 05:02 PM
you should be careful incase they unjustly ban you if they ever check

Well, I doubt they will ban people for something like this. The process is quite simple, really. You have a credit card, you click on a button to transfer the money from your account to a company for a product.

I've done my part. If people got banned for a glitch in the system or incompetence of an employee not making sure everything was in order before releasing the product, then that would be pretty messed up. They would probably send a notification to your e-mail instead and ask that you contact your bank and/or just use an alternate payment method (see: Webmoney) rather than just flat out ban you.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2012, 05:10 PM
I pirate just about every game imaginable and would never even think about the idea of "buying" a game let a lone paying a monthly fee.

Oh, so you're a piece of shit cancer on the gaming industry. Good to know.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2012, 05:13 PM
I pirate just about every game imaginable and would never even think about the idea of "buying" a game let a lone paying a monthly fee. Although I still bought 1000 AC because this game is just so amazing that it has pretty much fulfilled my childhood fantasy video game.
You just admitted to being a massive leech. Wow.

That takes some guts.

But you're still a leech.

IzzyData
Aug 2, 2012, 05:13 PM
Oh, so you're a piece of shit cancer on the gaming industry. Good to know.

Perhaps. Although I'm not the one affecting anything. Otherwise I'd just never play the games and that wouldn't bother me either.

To each his own though. Do what you feel like you should.

Mystil
Aug 2, 2012, 05:14 PM
Well depending on where Izzy lives, there isn't much of a choice. But yeah, pirating is pretty much why we're plagued with stupid DRM schemes.

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 05:14 PM
Perhaps. Although I'm not the one affecting anything. Otherwise I'd just never play the games and that wouldn't bother me either.

To each his own though. Do what you feel like you should.

Ah yes, this argument. You would literally never play one single game for not even one dollar ever no matter what so it's alright that you pirate them.

I'm not about to argue the morality of pirating software, I'm just going to say that argument is the dumbest shit on the entire internet.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2012, 05:16 PM
I will note that, if you are a child who has no real income and thus can't buy anything anyways, I can forgive you for that (because I was once in the same position).

But it's still incredibly scummy to outright admit how much of a leech you are. Honestly.

IzzyData
Aug 2, 2012, 05:18 PM
Ah yes, this argument. You would literally never play one single game for not even one dollar ever no matter what so it's alright that you pirate them.

I'm not about to argue the morality of pirating software, I'm just going to say that argument is the dumbest shit on the entire internet.

I'm well aware that pirating fuels cracking which could have potentially risen profits. Trying to prevent cracking is a hopeless endevour though and anything that can be made on a computer can also be unmade.

I guess it all comes down to the idea that pirating is making a copy and stealing is removing the original. It might not be "right" but it isn't really as evil as you make it out to be.

But no, I probably wouldn't pay for any games still. There's plenty of free games already. I have more important things to spend money on such as food and gas.

Edit: It's really just a testament to how much I love pso2 if this is the only game I have found worthwhile enough to actually invest in. I only spent 12 dollars on it, but I'd probably consider putting in a little more once it comes to the US.

I will note that, if you are a child who has no real income and thus can't buy anything anyways, I can forgive you for that (because I was once in the same position).

But it's still incredibly scummy to outright admit how much of a leech you are. Honestly.

I'm not a child, but I still can't afford to spend much money on entertainment because I'm still in school to get my degree. I'll probably be less stingy once I have an actual career.

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 05:25 PM
Obviously DRM is both bad and inept, but I've been in plenty of financial turmoil myself and pirated games in lieu of being able to afford things such as eating and seeing things at night.

That doesn't excuse blanket piracy - that is, if you believe it needs excusing. That's a different topic. I'm just here to say it's dumb to say you would literally never ever buy one single game no matter what.

For an equally silly argument: taxes. I don't pay taxes. I only use roads because I can, but if I couldn't for use roads for free I'd walk everywhere in the woods and vacant lots because I don't need roads. I just use roads for free because I can.

IzzyData
Aug 2, 2012, 05:28 PM
For an equally silly argument: taxes. I don't pay taxes. I only use roads because I can, but if I couldn't for use roads for free I'd walk everywhere in the woods and vacant lots because I don't need roads. I just use roads for free because I can.

I understand the metaphor but it kind of falls apart because getting to where you need to go is more of an essential than playing video games. I don't think it is unreasonable to not buy a 60 dollar video game if I can't afford such a luxury.

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 05:32 PM
I thought you might say that.

The importance is different - the logic is identical.

That's why "I wasn't going to if it wasn't free" is so silly. After numerous years of not being able to do something, you and I both know you'd almost certainly pay up for one single game. You frequently get what you pay for, and free games are generally of free quality.

I understand the initial point you were trying to make, though. You don't normally pay for games, but you found this game so good and fulfilling that you paid up even though you didn't actually have to.

eharima
Aug 2, 2012, 05:32 PM
Im only buying premium, and the occasional exp boosters and scape from now.

BOYCOTT SCRATCH

PAY2WIN AC ITEMS LIKE NETCAFE GET.

IzzyData
Aug 2, 2012, 05:34 PM
I understand the initial point you were trying to make, though. You don't normally pay for games, but you found this game so good and fulfilling that you paid up even though you didn't actually have to.

Then lets leave it at that. There is no use in trying to inform me that I'm a bad person.

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 05:36 PM
Oh, I'm not saying you're a bad person. I'm saying you're a person using a bad argument. I don't think a person alive hasn't used a bad argument.

mctastee
Aug 2, 2012, 09:56 PM
Im only buying premium, and the occasional exp boosters and scape from now.

BOYCOTT SCRATCH

PAY2WIN AC ITEMS LIKE NETCAFE GET.
In no way is this game pay to win.

Sizustar
Aug 3, 2012, 07:36 AM
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/6707.png

Ce'Nedra
Aug 3, 2012, 07:38 AM
Someone has alot of money 3x 10.000 yen on one day o.O

Guess I'll have to try WebMoney as well since CC and Pre-Paid VISA still fail on me T_T

KrankItVZ
Aug 3, 2012, 11:25 AM
Would like to buy stuff for sure but to me theres nothing really worth it at this point. A My Shop is all I really want right now

Inazuma
Aug 3, 2012, 01:30 PM
In no way is this game pay to win.

You are totally wrong. It absolutely is pay to win. Let me explain:

1. Spend real money to buy AC.
2. Use AC on scratches, acquire clothing and other items.
3. Sell clothing and other items for meseta.
4. Use meseta to buy better weapons and armor.

You are indirectly buying meseta with real money. The more money you spend, the stronger your character becomes. You are essentially buying power, and that's what pay to win is.

Don't fool yourself into thinking this doesn't count because it involves an extra step. Sega could have very easily made items obtained from AC scratch untradable, but they didn't, so the game is pay to win. It really sucks but that's how it is. It upsets me very much to play a game that's pay to win, but at least I don't bullshit about it.

Blackheart521
Aug 3, 2012, 01:35 PM

You are indirectly buying meseta with real money. The more money you spend, the stronger your character becomes. You are essentially buying power, and that's what pay to win is.

Don't fool yourself into thinking this doesn't count because it involves an extra step. Sega could have very easily made items obtained from AC scratch untradable, but they didn't, so the game is pay to win. It really sucks but that's how it is. It upsets me very much to play a game that's pay to win, but at least I don't bullshit about it.

Even if this system is in place it is still not totally pay to win, because everyone still has equal availability of every item... someone who buys AC still gets the same weapons as someone who doesn't, they just have it more readily available to them, makes no difference to me and I'm on the free player end. ^^

Macman
Aug 3, 2012, 01:40 PM

Except pay to win IS ONLY A REAL PROBLEM IN GAMES WITH PVP!

You're getting upset because someone is essentially cutting their possible enjoyment of the game short. Get over it.

supersonix9
Aug 3, 2012, 01:46 PM
If only this could get SEGA out of its financial issues at the moment.

I'd love to see the restoration of such a great publisher.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 3, 2012, 01:48 PM
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/6707.png

You could've bought me my doujinshi D:

Kylie
Aug 4, 2012, 01:07 AM
Well, I still haven't spent what I spent on PSU with its $10/mo sub, but I'm getting there...

Arika
Aug 4, 2012, 01:25 AM
They have 3x event gacha during the first month of released, so I m pretty sure they are happy for the first months of their cash in right now. They gonna need to motivate people to stay and paying for next month as well. Which mean they need good content.