PDA

View Full Version : Can I Get Rid of Those 3 Setup Icons?

Kanivakil
Aug 2, 2012, 06:37 PM
I just downloaded the game and on my desk top are 3 PSO setups. Can I delete them?

Polly
Aug 2, 2012, 06:39 PM
They're just the installer and game data .bins I believe, aren't they? If so, you can get rid of them. I'd back them up somewhere in case you ever need to install the game again sometime though.

blace
Aug 2, 2012, 06:42 PM
PSO2_SETUP.exe, PSO2_SETUP-1.bin, and PSO2_SETUP-2.bin, right?

Back those up as Polly suggested, there may be a time where you will need to reinstall the game and its drivers.

Kanivakil
Aug 2, 2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah. I right clicked them and those are bins. I'm new with computers. How do I do a backup?

blace
Aug 2, 2012, 06:49 PM
Just store them somewhere that you can find at a later date.

For example, create a new folder and call it 'PSO2 Setup' and place it somewhere that you can remember.

xhrit
Aug 2, 2012, 07:20 PM
No need to keep backups locally if you can download it again for free. Just delete the files and you will be fine.

blace
Aug 2, 2012, 07:23 PM
No need to keep backups locally if you can just download it again. Just delete the files and you will be fine.
Not sure about you, but I wouldn't want to go through two hours of downloading the game again, followed by an additional hour.

In the case the game files become corrupt or some accident where it gets deleted, it's better to have the setup on hand to get it back up.