PDA

View Full Version : npc faces?

EspeonageTieler
Aug 2, 2012, 08:22 PM
anyone know what the faces next to the nps mean when u pick one to go on a quest with you?

Coatl
Aug 2, 2012, 08:24 PM
anyone know what the faces next to the nps mean when u pick one to go on a quest with you?

It shows how much affection they have for you.
It translates to showing how many runs you've done with them in the past.

It doesn't really affect anything though..

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 2, 2012, 08:25 PM

It's a measure of affection that shows how willing they are to go out with you in the upcoming smartphone dating sim.

They give you little presents when their affection is high.

Mike
Aug 2, 2012, 08:37 PM
They give you little presents when their affection is high.
They'll give you presents every five runs no matter what their affections level is.

EspeonageTieler
Aug 2, 2012, 08:38 PM
They'll give you presents every five runs no matter what their affections level is.

is this really true or am i being trolled i cant tell lol i havent gotten any gifts yet :C

Mike
Aug 2, 2012, 08:40 PM
is this really true or am i being trolled i cant tell lol i havent gotten any gifts yet :C
You have to go and talk to them in the lobby.

Kanore
Aug 2, 2012, 08:43 PM

it's true

Maronji
Aug 2, 2012, 08:59 PM
If you get your NPC Partners to the red stage without having picked up any items from that NPC previously, you're going to have a lot of talking to do to receive every single item (yes, they hold all of the items you're eligible for until you go to pick them up).

I keep wanting to deliberately go to about 40-50 S-ranks with each character (or around the last disk they give; whatever comes first) and pick up every single reward at once (cue Carpal Tunnel), but until I learned that the red stage is about 30 or so S-Ranks, I kept messing up my count. I had to pick up what rewards were pending and cross-reference the page on the JP PSO2 swiki to figure out approximately where I was. lol

Tranas
Aug 2, 2012, 09:21 PM
Getting the S-Rank presents with Maloo is the only way to get Grants and Gigrants currently.

So yeah, it's useful. I've been told that the Hunter and Ranger NPCs give techs too.