PDA

View Full Version : MAGs and DEF stats

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 2, 2012, 08:52 PM
So, the general consensus is that DEF stats aren't really needed, so a Def-heavy MAG would be a waste. But what about putting so DEF on as a minimum for equipping rare armour?

What are people using? I'm thinking that 50 DEF in your respective class's stat should be enough. Y/N?

Blackheart521
Aug 2, 2012, 08:56 PM
I'm actually mainly defense for my mag... I take more pride in taking lots of hits than doing lots of damage, I'm split semi evenly between S Def and T Def and I'm a hunter ^^;

SaiKo
Aug 2, 2012, 08:59 PM
I can equip the 9-star boomerang spikes from the start since I rolled Caseal, so it's not a major issue for me anyway, though I do miss out on the batwings and such. That said, even if I couldn't use the spikes otherwise, I still wouldn't bother pumping DEF, since it currently just doesn't seem worth it to me.

So as for now, I'm just running straight R-ATK

Tranas
Aug 2, 2012, 09:20 PM
I'm making my Hunter mag allow me to equip the SDef rare units.
Probably be about 70Def into my Mag all together. Rest in SATK.
My FOrce is the glass cannon and it feels really good playing my Hunter and being able to take a few hits without being terrified the next hit will be imminent death.

satchko
Aug 2, 2012, 11:55 PM
went to lvl 47 r-atk my racast's mag to equip vol dragon armor. I have no points in r-atk in my skill tree, so I'll have to have my mag's other points @ 103 r-atk to wear the armor and the 9* hotdog rifle at lvl 40. I'll have exactly enough def and 5 points to spare in atk. havent hit 40 yet so not too sure how much dmg im sacrificing. Kinda thinking about if i had went the other way in my skill tree and picked up r-def and maxed r-atk 1. Anyone know how much r-def those 5 points in the skill tree would give me? although i guess theres the ranger talent tree thread for that.

Priest
Aug 2, 2012, 11:59 PM
I had to put 62 points in tdef to wear the FO armor. But fully grinded they give you some impressive def, so I think it works out pretty well.

Xaeris
Aug 3, 2012, 12:03 AM
It's a good idea to invest in a little of your primary DEF so you can equip a little more of the units you find; much better to be able to equip a unit with good affixes on the spot than try to run the crapshoot that is affix transferring. Don't do it blindly thoug. Go to a wiki and compare your character's base defense at 40 to the units available and decide what's economical. My ranger uses 30 R-Def to have access to a set of advanced 3*s and that's it.

satchko
Aug 3, 2012, 12:08 AM
yeah, i could have went with only 17 r-def points, if i remember correctly, to equip the 9*wing lookin armor set. But idk, vol dragon wings/tail ftw haha.

but yeah, just figure out which armor u'll want end game and look up how much base def ull have at 40.

RocSage
Aug 3, 2012, 12:30 AM
I have 20 S-DEF on my MAG and I'm a CAST lvl 40 Hunter and can't equip any of the rare units. I have the 109 S-DEF ground to +10 (150 S-DEF) units. Doesn't make much of a difference as far as I can tell.

I find the S-ATK has a steep incline or something at lvl 40 for mobs. At lvl 39 I had no problem getting through the Caves story mission. At lvl 40 I've died like every time I've tried before getting to the dragon.

Kimil Adrayne
Aug 3, 2012, 12:33 AM
Oh wow, checking the stats, as long as I don't want the silly dragon wings, I can ever the 9* blade arms with as little as 10 to 20 points in Def.

That not that bad sounding really.

Coatl
Aug 3, 2012, 12:39 AM
396 base tech power
378 base tech defense

As Newearl lv40.

Need 62 more tech power to wear optimal gear
Need 44 more tech defense to wear optimal gear

I plan to get 56 tech power through skill tree

Need 6 mag levels focusing on tech power.
Need 44 mag levels focused on tech defense.

Using 60 mag levels to wear optimal gear.

Uh, this is the math I did before boosting anything on my mag.
Just wanted to give you an idea of what to look for.

Those double moon units. *-* Must have..

GoldenFalcon
Aug 3, 2012, 12:57 AM
I put enough S-Def into my HUmar's mag so I get 432 defense at level 40
To equip the Fanbu set (paladin whatevers)

Lostbob117
Aug 3, 2012, 01:06 AM
If you want to use Last Survivor you need def stats in that mag.

JC10001
Aug 3, 2012, 05:44 PM
I'm looking at the wiki page and am I wrong or is there no way to lower R-DEF (or any DEF) for that matter? Is there no way to make a 100% pure R-ATK mag? If so, what much you feed it? I just went through my entire inventory and I didn't see anything that would bring it down.

I'm not really worried about equipping gear because I figure they will just raise the level cap and I will be able to equip those items later but leveling a mag will take me some time so I want to invest 100% in ATK.

Vyscillius
Aug 3, 2012, 05:59 PM
I'm looking at the wiki page and am I wrong or is there no way to lower R-DEF (or any DEF) for that matter? Is there no way to make a 100% pure R-ATK mag? If so, what much you feed it? I just went through my entire inventory and I didn't see anything that would bring it down.

I'm not really worried about equipping gear because I figure they will just raise the level cap and I will be able to equip those items later but leveling a mag will take me some time so I want to invest 100% in ATK.

If you want 100% R-atk, just feed your mag weapons and when you see that Ability's gonna lvl up, feed the mag a room accessory. It'll do the trick. But good luck taking your R-atk to lvl150. But Patience is a virtue.

JC10001
Aug 3, 2012, 06:03 PM
If you want 100% R-atk, just feed your mag weapons and when you see that Ability's gonna lvl up, feed the mag a room accessory. It'll do the trick. But good luck taking your R-atk to lvl150. But Patience is a virtue.

Thanks. I'll do that. I didn't have any room items in my inventory before but I have a bunch in storage.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 3, 2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks. I'll do that. I didn't have any room items in my inventory before but I have a bunch in storage.

The best room items to feed a pure R-Atk mag is the mushroom chair or mushroom table from the furniture shop
Also, guns reduce R-Def anyway, so you could also feed it dimates, which will in turn reduce ability

Kylrad
Aug 3, 2012, 06:12 PM
As a Ramarl I needed 14 points in R-Def to wear the 9* Units, and so far I'm quite satisfied with the defence the 2 units I have provide. I've taken some nasty hits and manage to come out alive.