PDA

View Full Version : Hunters and Tech (Magic)

Sephirah
Aug 3, 2012, 08:45 AM
In every PSO game so far, Hunters have had the ability to use techs (as long as they weren't robots) but so far in PSO2 only forces can use them. Is this something that they intended, or just something they haven't added yet? I need my Resta! :P

Ce'Nedra
Aug 3, 2012, 08:47 AM
Wait for sub/new classes in the major Fall update.

Sephirah
Aug 3, 2012, 08:54 AM
Ah cool, because I specifically made my character a HUnewm so I could have stronger techs for my hybrid char :P

Ce'Nedra
Aug 3, 2012, 08:58 AM
Same here for my HUnewearl. Waiting impatiently for it myself.

Cortte
Aug 3, 2012, 10:13 AM
I went Ranewm. There was always a certainty that when playing PSO ep 1 and 2 I was a support ranger, just feels good. Now let's throw some self cast shifta with a properly aimed weak bullet and see the numbers raise =D

Priest
Aug 3, 2012, 01:46 PM
The buffs are so short in this game it makes me sad. Shifta doesn't give that much of a boost IMO to be constantly buffing it when you can use that PP to be one hitting mobs anyway, and I never see deband used. I would personally love to see a PB like twins that give massive s/d when chained.

supersonix9
Aug 3, 2012, 01:47 PM
Sub-classes will fix all your problems.

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2012, 01:51 PM
Shifta doesn't give that much of a boost IMO to be constantly buffing it when you can use that PP to be one hitting mobs anyway
I dunno, a minute worth of around 20% more damage is pretty snazzy to me. I'm still hoping it gets better though. If the range and time so little as double at level 11 I will be getting a lot more use out of shifta. >:

Shadowth117
Aug 3, 2012, 02:01 PM
The buffs are so short in this game it makes me sad. Shifta doesn't give that much of a boost IMO to be constantly buffing it when you can use that PP to be one hitting mobs anyway, and I never see deband used. I would personally love to see a PB like twins that give massive s/d when chained.

I dunno, 5 minutes like in the other games at max was a bit much to me. It can definitely be useful, even solo, but its at its best when you're buffing a group during a battle. A lot of times during PSE Bursts or boss fights I'll do a bit of support for a moment by throwing up some Shifta areas on groups of people as well as Restas if I see someone getting pummeled.

So far, and I don't know if this will change, it doesn't appear to be some awesome power up you can keep on at all times during normal play and I like that. Especially in a faster paced game like this in my opinion, it makes sense to have to be more on your toes about things like buffs.

Kanore
Aug 3, 2012, 02:07 PM
the buffs are short in this game because the maximum level is 10

level 10 shifta in original PSO didn't last long either

ScottyMango
Aug 3, 2012, 02:15 PM
^ this lol.

Level 10 techs? Do you remember how shitty level 10 techs were compared to level 30?

This is the first set of techs we currently have. Wait til they start releasing the higher level/better ones. I'm sure things will change.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 02:25 PM
I'm pretty sure we had more than just level 10 techs by hard mode and level 40...

That said, even if that's not what it is they may just be rebalancing it. I don't know, with the flame charge bonus skill shifta casts pretty quickly.