PDA

View Full Version : Will they patch Time Attack?

Priest
Aug 3, 2012, 01:59 PM
If you are competing in the TA interrupt rankings, you know what I mean. They never patched the double saber through locked doors glitch on pso v1, but it could easily be done here. I mean, I'm sure the people getting 5 minute times would still be the top even if they had to do everything, but it might allow for some more varied party makeups that don't rely solely on boss speed killing. Until they do, or even if, I guess I would be more in favor of them adding a "true" challenge mode with preset levels/gear/drops and be pure skill based. I don't know, thoughts?

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 3, 2012, 02:03 PM
Tbh idk what glitch you are talking about but we are getting around 4:30ish and the lowest time is like 3:50ish. there's no glitch. And doublesaber?? O.o didn't know they brought that out already!

Edit yeah would like a simple map where you have to kill everything that would be nice.

Priest
Aug 3, 2012, 02:10 PM
I was takling about in PSO v1, you could get past locked doors with a doublesaber. If being able to get past barriers in PSO2 is not a glitch, then I don't know what is. Sure, using a PA to get on a high ledge, not a glitch. Using a PA to jump past colored gates = glitch. Walking through a hidden wall that looks solid in TTF is a secret, this is just some kind of oversight, it must be!

Shadowth117
Aug 3, 2012, 02:11 PM
If you are competing in the TA interrupt rankings, you know what I mean. They never patched the double saber through locked doors glitch on pso v1, but it could easily be done here. I mean, I'm sure the people getting 5 minute times would still be the top even if they had to do everything, but it might allow for some more varied party makeups that don't rely solely on boss speed killing. Until they do, or even if, I guess I would be more in favor of them adding a "true" challenge mode with preset levels/gear/drops and be pure skill based. I don't know, thoughts?

I don't know about that glitch, but you're basing that double saber thing off of something that doesn't even exist ingame yet. Hard to really call that kind of thing.

As for the TA mission, you should notice that the techniques used to hop the walls DO NOT normally work in the randomized missions which says something. They just barely work and in obvious corners on the TA mission. Now maybe I'm giving them to much credit, but I think those jumps are purposefully there. With PAs that are cancelable after getting some vertical distance, I find it hard to believe that wasn't intentional. The fact that there are only certain enemies that need to be killed adds to this since you are never forced to kill most of the enemies.

Edit: Jumping over a barrier isn't usually a glitch. Its not like there's a way right now for us to force our way through it without something like a teleport hack.

ScottyMango
Aug 3, 2012, 02:13 PM
ninja'd.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 3, 2012, 02:16 PM
I don't know about that glitch, but you're basing that double saber thing off of something that doesn't even exist ingame yet. Hard to really call that kind of thing.

As for the TA mission, you should notice that the techniques used to hop the walls DO NOT normally work in the randomized missions which says something. They just barely work and in obvious corners on the TA mission. Now maybe I'm giving them to much credit, but I think those jumps are purposefully there. With PAs that are cancelable after getting some vertical distance, I find it hard to believe that wasn't intentional. The fact that there are only certain enemies that need to be killed adds to this since you are never forced to kill most of the enemies.

Edit: Jumping over a barrier isn't usually a glitch. Its not like there's a way right now for us to force our way through it without something like a teleport hack.

You forgot they even put walls that are jumpable and buttons behind them to where you can advance and even a teleporter!

Shadowth117
Aug 3, 2012, 02:19 PM
You forgot they even put walls that are jumpable and buttons behind them to where you can advance and even a teleporter!

Ah yes. I forgot all of the many ways they allowed for it to work :P

Hrith
Aug 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
Set gear and level would be the only true TA, this is 'equipment attack' and only very few people are at the same level to compete.

Zalera
Aug 5, 2012, 02:17 PM
What walls are they jumping over? :| Seems fishy

NuhSieh
Aug 5, 2012, 03:03 PM
I didn't know there were tricks, but there is a really annoying bug.
I've done it with a friend, and on the second part, where you tp to the top-left area, we were stuck there without any ways to get out.
We cleaned up every mobs, but the teleporters wouldn't activate.
And we couldn't even use telepipe, so we had to log out. D=

Shadowth117
Aug 5, 2012, 07:59 PM
Set gear and level would be the only true TA, this is 'equipment attack' and only very few people are at the same level to compete.

Its not necessary to have the absolute best equipment to be the best here. That's only in a game where you can execute everything completely perfect every time. As it is, yeah you need to have very good equipment but it doesn't have to be Power V, Vol Soul, Mutation and Ability III. As long as you've got decent abilities on your weapon (Ex. Shoot II and Fang Soul) and its one of the better weapons at the moment you can easily have a chance. This game relies a lot more on having the skill to pull off something really well every time since its much harder to do that than its prequels. Unfortunately there's only one TA mission to really work with at the moment.

What walls are they jumping over? :| Seems fishy

It does if you don't consider that somehow in the randomly generated places this is never possible to do. Its only in the Time Attack mission as far as I've seen and its possible in enough places that it would have to be a very major oversight, especially so for a static mission like that. The walls that can be jumped are the walls on the sides of the room with the teleporters, the small cliffs that go across the ravines, and the white wall just before the boss area. It all flows very naturally and its possible for any class with the Serpent Air PA (Trick Rave works better on hunters) by hunter dodging forward at the end of it although it must be in a specific spot on the walls.

I could be giving them too much credit with this, but I find it hard to believe that in an unchanging mission that that much should be possible without getting stuck.

I didn't know there were tricks, but there is a really annoying bug.
I've done it with a friend, and on the second part, where you tp to the top-left area, we were stuck there without any ways to get out.
We cleaned up every mobs, but the teleporters wouldn't activate.
And we couldn't even use telepipe, so we had to log out. D=

At that area, though in the wall jumping method you bypass it, you need to press some switches which activate some of the jump pads for you. They're not all terribly obvious so you just kinda have to look for them.

TaigaUC
Aug 6, 2012, 05:47 AM
There's also a menu option that allows you to cancel your current quest and go back to the lobby.

Zalera
Aug 16, 2012, 01:32 PM
necro'ing. which white wall in tundra area? this all seems very cloak & dagger.

edit: i've found 3 different areas in tundra, I'm just not advancing via those routes. Do i need to make multiple jumps to get over 1 ravine? I'm close enough to success that its really bugging me. I'd be happy to discuss via PM if someone doesnt want to "let the secret out".

Shadowth117
Aug 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
necro'ing. which white wall in tundra area? this all seems very cloak & dagger.

edit: i've found 3 different areas in tundra, I'm just not advancing via those routes. Do i need to make multiple jumps to get over 1 ravine? I'm close enough to success that its really bugging me. I'd be happy to discuss via PM if someone doesnt want to "let the secret out".

For those who don't know, the exploits were patched recently. But as for doing the mission now, if you wanna PM me about where you're stuck I could help I guess. Nobody has ever really done a guide on it. Plus to be honest, there's something the Japanese do different at one part that stops us from getting ideal times on this run so that's also making me want to hold out before doing a recording or something.