PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Tanking Fang Banshee & Bantha with 1555 S-def

Sakarisei
Aug 3, 2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah. I can understand that it's difficult to believe it. However, although i know about learn JC and JR when we can raise to lv 50, with my tanking build (You can see here (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2IbqA4NjJkqoIb)), pantheras can't cause me lots of damage.

I'll show you this video guys, for if anyone want to see a tank in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmtc5annjXg

Enjoy it!

Coatl
Aug 3, 2012, 03:25 PM
Lol! You are literally a tank.
Not sure what to make of this..

Xaeris
Aug 3, 2012, 03:35 PM
Your character is literally built like a tank. I approve. Though, I'm a little disappointed by the result. I would have expected stacking enough defense to take so little damage to make you immune to knock down/back as well, but even taking 1 damage, you go splat when the banthas hit you.

pikachief
Aug 3, 2012, 03:39 PM
wow that's pretty awesome. I also loved seeing you just rush towards that big ol' thing! haha

Zyrusticae
Aug 3, 2012, 03:42 PM
Hah! Craziness. It's a shame they don't stop knocking you down at that point, though. Something they should change, perhaps...

Halcyote
Aug 3, 2012, 03:42 PM
thanks for this!

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 3, 2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah, it's pretty silly when you get sent flying or fall flat on your face when taking 1 hitpoint of damage, lol. It's like:

UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

*loses 1HP*

I mean, come on... really?

Ueno54
Aug 3, 2012, 03:55 PM
I only get like 900ish def with deband EX. :(

Icecold
Aug 3, 2012, 04:27 PM
Haha, nice stuff man. Thanks for sharing :)

JeyKama
Aug 3, 2012, 04:45 PM
That's so silly :p

Kirukia
Aug 3, 2012, 04:51 PM
Haha awesome.
Pretty stupid how it still knocks you down though. They should change that. Was better when knockdown was only relevant for higher damage hits.

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2012, 04:52 PM
I love how people like to talk about only building their class to have the highest damage out put possible. Then complain that certain things are over powered or that there's only one way to play a class, or argue about which is the best.

When you can build up a completely unique build like this and still be "efficient" even if it's not based around killing everything in 1 second. I really do find this kind of stuff awesome. and seems like people take more interesting play-styles or skill builds for granted.

But shit talking aside...

It really does seem like tanking wouldn't work all that great in this game where bosses move around a lot and swap targets at will.

Kirukia
Aug 3, 2012, 04:59 PM
I love how people like to talk about only building their class to have the highest damage out put possible. Then complain that certain things are over powered or that there's only one way to play a class, or argue about which is the best.

When you can build up a completely unique build like this and still be "efficient" even if it's not based around killing everything in 1 second. I really do find this kind of stuff awesome. and seems like people take more interesting play-styles or skill builds for granted.

It really does seem like tanking wouldn't work all that great in this game where bosses move around a lot and swap targets at will.

Maybe if Warcry was more efficient it would be. Not sure if it even works on bosses though. At level 10 it's 200% "hate effect" or something. It lasts for half a minute.

I love watching unique builds work out well. Sometimes taking the risk is worth it.

Alnet
Aug 3, 2012, 05:00 PM
I bet Bantha's sorry he wasn't helping Banshee now. Not that it'd have done a lot of good, lol.

Gardios
Aug 3, 2012, 05:04 PM
I approve of your build, almost the same as mine! I don't look like an actual tank though. D:

The knockdown thing is retarded though. e_e

Angelo
Aug 3, 2012, 05:58 PM
The Banther twins are my favorite bosses to tank, it's kind of like bullfighting.

I have Warcry maxed out so when I activate it they will either lock into their 'ole' pattern or their 'cat toy' pattern and completely disregard everyone else shooting it's business in the face.

At level 32 I can get about 1200 S-DEF with a Deband Drink. I probably won't be able to reach 1555 by 40, since I've used my MAG and units to patch up my R-DEF, T-DEF, and HP. I've got about 670 HP right now and it certainly helps.

Shadowth117
Aug 3, 2012, 06:25 PM

Well, coming from someone who loves to TA, right now I don't think there's enough variation in some ways to play a class as efficiently as possible in multiple ways. Perhaps for ranger a non weak shot focused build could be made to be very powerful in another way. I'm not too sure on hunter to be honest. But for force because of the way skills are separated there's only one really good base build at the moment. That'll change as we level somewhat, but it would take some major adjustments to change that.

That aside, I think what was done here is really neat. Do I feel it breaks the game by only taking one damage rather than just very small amounts? Yes. But it is a really cool concept and well played out nonetheless. As others have said though, aggro retention would definitely be a problem and this doesn't look terribly suited to solo play unless you expect to run for a very long time. Definitely the most unique build I myself have seen gameplay of so far.

Sakarisei
Aug 3, 2012, 06:28 PM
The Banther twins are my favorite bosses to tank, it's kind of like bullfighting.

I have Warcry maxed out so when I activate it they will either lock into their 'ole' pattern or their 'cat toy' pattern and completely disregard everyone else shooting it's business in the face.

At level 32 I can get about 1200 S-DEF with a Deband Drink. I probably won't be able to reach 1555 by 40, since I've used my MAG and units to patch up my R-DEF, T-DEF, and HP. I've got about 670 HP right now and it certainly helps.

You can, if you've got my armor grinded to +9 and you've got on your own mag 50 s-def. Remember that HUmars have got the same s-def than HUcasts, and the same r-def. However, humans have got more t-def than casts so... i can consider humars the best tankers vs... for example ragnes or other bosses with high t-atk.

About warcry i agree you. It's fun calling bosses for then... fury stance users, ras or fos destroys them :)

Mystil
Aug 3, 2012, 06:37 PM
Very nice!

mctastee
Aug 3, 2012, 06:38 PM
I must say that I am quite impressed.

Kirukia
Aug 3, 2012, 08:36 PM

Does Warcry work well at level 10?
I've heard from people that it isn't that effective. My friend tried it and he said DPS-oriented players would steal back the aggro pretty quickly. Of course his wasn't level 10, but other people have said it isn't very effective.

Since you have it maxed, do you ever lose aggro during it's effect time?

Seyle
Aug 3, 2012, 08:50 PM
I didn't read this entire post, but yesterday I was reading a topic over on GameFaqs from this guy who was barking about how impossible it was to tank this boss. If I could find it, I'd link him here. Ah well.

lunarsoul
Aug 3, 2012, 09:48 PM
damn thats boss XD

Vashyron
Aug 3, 2012, 09:50 PM
Will say again, while nice that you will really never die from them it's really overkill to get that much s-defense, you could potentially find a better mix out of defense and attack.

And yo Sakarisei as you did disagree with my build here is the Automate Attack build, Solo VS Fang Banthers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYg0IVnpPiw

Doing something like this you could potentially still tank great by grabbing War Cry.

Automate + JG alone make for good enough defense I feel, within not using Mag or Skill Tree to boost your defense for higher Unit equips as I find you can make do without them.

Another Plus, as HP and Just Guard go they work well for all 3 defensive types.

PSO Addict
Aug 3, 2012, 09:51 PM
Be my friend.... haha

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2012, 09:55 PM
Will say again, while nice that you will really never die from them it's really overkill to get that much s-defense, you could potentially find a better mix out of defense and attack.

And yo Sakarisei as you did disagree with my build here is the Automate Attack build, Solo VS Fang Banthers:

[PSO2] (Hunter) Fang Banther & Banshee Solo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYg0IVnpPiw)

Doing something like this you could potentially still tank great by grabbing War Cry.

Automate + JG alone make for good enough defense I feel, within not using Mag or Skill Tree to boost your defense for higher Unit equips as I find you can make do without them.

Wait...

Just Guard = Wind Scar? LOOOL (Inuyasha)

Freshellent
Aug 3, 2012, 10:02 PM
interesting thread here, Didn't realize that so many of the stats actually ment something in this game, unlike a certain other phantasy star.

Quite nice though! Props for something different!

Silver Crow
Aug 3, 2012, 10:13 PM

[PSO2] (Hunter) Fang Banther & Banshee Solo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYg0IVnpPiw)

I was already thinking of making an Automate build and after seeing your video i have certainly decided! Here is what my build will be http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebkbqoqqfkdqocA

I threw a random point in Warcry since i dislike the partisan gear. I love using partisans but its gear makes me distracted in boss fights so i never utilise it (unlike sword). And I guess Warcry could be useful for quickly pulling aggro so you can get in his face.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2012, 10:15 PM
I bought a third tree in the first couple weeks for a tank build, but never got around to it. Tanking in this game is so different from any other game I've played that, even though it normally bores me, it sounds genuinely fun and interesting in this one.

I may set one up next time I try to solo the panthers. Last time I did I got a bantha that rolled nothing but triple stomp moves. Lunge, triple stomp, triple stomp, triple stomp, lunge, lunge, triple stomp, triple stomp, it was unreal, messing up even once meant I got chained. Jerk. But if I had automate I'd have been fine~

Lostbob117
Aug 3, 2012, 10:37 PM
They should add poise to this game.

Reyva
Aug 3, 2012, 10:40 PM
Eh I gave up on my tank build awhile back. With a maxed out warcry and high s-def, while I took 1 damage also on bosses like these, I couldn't really keep hate that well. Boss or whatever would just go back to its retarded ol ways or attack another player. Bosses like Vol Dragon, Ragne, and so on. So warcry is useless to me.

When I did my glass cannon hunter (high atk, low def), overall, it was a lot faster and better. Especially if you do TA runs or just regular ol farming. Only con was that I used probably more mates, but thats not a big deal.

Also, if you have a timed mission (aka koffee 20 min), the tank build can be more a con since you can't kill the boss that fast. I dunno, I had trouble doing it within 20 min for the free tundra field CO. Glass cannon hunter tore apart the panthers, but my fortress of a hunter couldn't do it within 20 min due to crap dmg.

Eh, thats not to diss tank build hunters as I like playing as that usually. I'm pretty sure later down the road, there will be more of a use for them. Thats also why buying additional skill trees is a great benefit. Other games wouldn't let you have such things. You would just reset your build and if you wanted to go back, you reset again.

Eh and like others said, playing a tank in this game is unusual right now even though they have a skill build path for it. Its not like something like Final Fantasy XI where you have a paladin tank and they would be tanking 100% of the time unless they are doing a bad job. Same thing with Ninja job. In PSO2, its just retarded in some aspects lol. To the point you don't need to be one.

As for the human vs cast hunter thing, eh, I don't think the T-DEF difference is that high regardless, but hey, I'm not going to be hypocrite like others on here are and say "racial stat differences don't matter." Its like those people who think because they have 50-100 higher atp on their weapon vs someone who doesn't are 1000% stronger when they aren't heh.

Finalzone
Aug 4, 2012, 01:22 AM
Hah! Craziness. It's a shame they don't stop knocking you down at that point, though. Something they should change, perhaps...

What happened to challenge? =p
Banthers not stopping to knock you down is part of the game. Use a better strategy.

Arika
Aug 4, 2012, 01:30 AM
Good to see some people do the def build for variety.

but I think you really should get Just guard, it is very good, so you don't waste time getting knock down every single hit. even thought you don't take damage, it is still quite waste time to get knock down. Sword has quickest guard motion, so it is easiest to perform just guard.

Sakarisei
Aug 4, 2012, 01:37 AM

Oh, great video. +1

About me, i was disagree because normally automate halfline is a skill of tanks and... i saw it useless on a char which could lose all your mates because very low defenses. However, when i find my friends, i'll reccomend your video, for showing that not all is on just killing.

Seriously, you're great.

Greetings.

RocSage
Aug 4, 2012, 01:42 AM
I wonder if there is an hate generation stat...

Xaeris
Aug 4, 2012, 01:55 AM
There is. Both Shifta and Deband drinks have the chance to proc an additional effect that increases and decreases, respectively, hate generation. How effective they are, I can't really say, because I only have eyes for Deband's rare drop boost.

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 01:56 AM
The rare drop and hate modifier are also on HP drinks, and there's only 4 effects on HP drinks so it may even show up more often.

Not sure if the hate is increased or decreased on the HP drink, though.

Freshellent
Aug 4, 2012, 01:59 AM
They should add poise to this game.

Haaaaaah.

Although, I have noticed some of my PAs won't get interrupted while I'm getting damaged. Haven't really been paying attention to a lot of things in this game because I'm so distracted.

Blackheart521
Aug 4, 2012, 01:59 AM
How effective they are, I can't really say, because I only have eyes for Deband's rare drop boost.

Shifta Drinks also have an untekked rare item chance boost as a possible side effect.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 4, 2012, 02:24 AM
Nice vid OP!

Nice to see that its possible to get your def that high in a build.

Only criticism I can give is one that was also in the video comments, and something I see on 99% of ship 2 (and alot of pso world) videos: That goddamn auto word spam. You won't hear it from your friends and team mates because they don't wanna cause drama, but that shit is annoying, especially when its some cocky message or RP crap.

People really gotta leave the auto words to things like being revived ( since its understandably hard to type thanks in the heat of a battle bad enough to kill you) and mission completion, mission start, maybe even when getting a rare and PSE burst. I've seen videos of people that damn near have every autoword field filled out, and its fucking horrible spam

Things that happen often, like being healed, attacking, being attacked etc, don't autoword that shit guys. Everyone hates those players. Unless you play in locked teams all day for the sole purpose of some kinda RP experience, in which case knock yourself out

I realize some people might see this as "don't play how I dont want you to". But autoword does affect other players and clogs up their screens, so its a valid complaint. Especially when you feel the need to have your portrait on screen for every single one, for the love of god turn off the goddamn face shots if you absolutely must use autowords in the heat of battle.

SolRiver
Aug 4, 2012, 02:44 AM
I like how he still get knock around.

It is like throwing a diamond around. It would take like no damage, but it still doesn't override the difference in weight and size. (until you damage it with heat)

Speaking of heat... What would the OP do if future boss start spamming techs? New mag?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 4, 2012, 03:43 AM
What would the OP do if future boss start spamming techs? New mag?

No, he'd equip their armor which has 180 magic defense per piece at +10, combined with possibly 60 extra per piece for Kyatadoran Soul + Mind 3
Except he has no way to utilize guard stance still

Black Howling
Aug 4, 2012, 08:12 AM
OP... You, good sir, are a true Cast. That is.

I got something in my eye...

Sakarisei
Aug 4, 2012, 09:27 AM
No, he'd equip their armor which has 180 magic defense per piece at +10, combined with possibly 60 extra per piece for Kyatadoran Soul + Mind 3
Except he has no way to utilize guard stance still

Very true. Firstly a Hunter tank MUST have s-def base for carrying the best hunter units (My units atm are the best, although we must wait until August 8th for Floating Continents). Secondly, if you really need tank a boss with lots of ranged attacks and/or tech attacks, you must carry hunter units which have got a lot of r-def or t-def depend of your needs (And of course, with their needed abilities).

AdmiralPit
Aug 4, 2012, 09:38 AM
Now that's what I call heavy armor. It's a nice piece of variety compared to those who prefer pure power.

KrankItVZ
Aug 4, 2012, 09:59 AM
Cool to see that it actually works. I oppose the idea of tanks in this game though as my philosophy is to not get hit at all. So armor is quite pointless really. The faster you kill the less you get hit

Hrith
Aug 4, 2012, 11:01 AM
I approve of this. I also plan to get Guard Stance Lv10, much more useful than Fury Stance with Sword Gear.

Gardios
Aug 4, 2012, 11:38 AM
Here's hoping that we get Guard Stance upgrades to improve R- and T-DEF. It's silly that you have to get even more units to complement your skill build...

Shou
Aug 4, 2012, 12:29 PM
I will dread the day the first unit that comes out with a hidden atp boost and everyone hast to change to said unit.

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 02:33 PM
I disagree that guard stance is "much more useful" with sword gear, having been dedicatedly using sword gear for a while now. Maybe if you haven't learned enemy tells or don't have sonic arrow, or if you're just not into Just Guarding/dodging better s&r-def would help.

But that doesn't help T-Def. I really hope they change Guard Stance Up into all def boosts. That's another 10 point investment, and for a mere 50 s-def some of the time it's not really worth it imo.

I will dread the day the first unit that comes out with a hidden atp boost and everyone hast to change to said unit.

At this time this almost kind of exists. The Last Survivor needs something like 18 more points than the cast/human male base s-def, and it has better damage than other comparable swords. It's then outclassed by a dinia edge, but dinia edges are quite a bit more expensive and don't look nearly as cool.

edit: Just ran out of time exactly as I smashed the bantha's last leg, doing a solo run. If I hadn't half-soloed a banshee and rockbear or stopped for two code attacks on the way in I might not have run out of time after just 12 minutes, but oh well. Apparently according to people like gamer x this boss is so hard that even with more time it just would have been impossibru on a glass cannon build which oh I am.

Sakarisei
Aug 5, 2012, 04:06 AM
The reason that i can see guard stance much more useful with sword gear is because the PAs which requires recharge. These PAs can help a lot of the tank so i reccomend it too.

About Guard Stance, yeah, i would like a Guard Stance which can boost other defenses, yeah. However, i've used Fang Bantha's armor and it helps a lot vs Vol Dragon and Ragne (The bosses with T-ATK).

kkow
Aug 5, 2012, 04:09 AM
are you still able to solo bosses? i am really regretting not getting JA and Fury stance atm.

Sakarisei
Aug 5, 2012, 04:12 AM
are you still able to solo bosses? i am really regretting not getting JA and Fury stance atm.

You can, but tanking is much effective with parties because Warcry is completely useless while soloing (You're the unique player to be hated by bosses and hordes). For "soloing tanks"... i prefer the use of automate halfline instead of warcry. Vashyron's video is a nice example.

Greetings.

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2012, 04:19 AM
Even with fury stance 5 enabled the only thing I ever die to is fighting the bantha and getting triple stomped repeatedly. That's it. Even then, each swipe only knocks off 25-ish% of my HP, so it's not one attack but multiple attacks without the ability to even dodge before getting hit again.

Hrith
Aug 5, 2012, 07:54 AM
With Guard Stance on, I can just spam fully-charged Nova Strike or Rising Edge (depending on boss) over and over again without caring about anything else. I'm sure it's higher DPS than Fury Stance and having to care about dodging, guarding or healing.

Although the discussion of offensive v. defensive gameplay is quite moot, since it depends on the player moreso than the game. Some people get a lot more out of a defensive setup.

I really cannot see Fury Stance beating Guard Stance with Sword Gear, though, not playing solo, anyway (like playing in teams matters), but that's my opinion.

NoiseHERO
Aug 5, 2012, 07:57 AM
(like playing in teams matters)

CROSS BURST!

/Sakai Evil laugh

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2012, 08:32 AM
With Guard Stance on, I can just spam fully-charged Nova Strike or Rising Edge (depending on boss) over and over again without caring about anything else. I'm sure it's higher DPS than Fury Stance and having to care about dodging, guarding or healing.

Although the discussion of offensive v. defensive gameplay is quite moot, since it depends on the player moreso than the game. Some people get a lot more out of a defensive setup.

I really cannot see Fury Stance beating Guard Stance with Sword Gear, though, not playing solo, anyway (like playing in teams matters), but that's my opinion.

Well, it's not really an opinion thing with regards to what can and can't be accomplished. You can have preference, and you can be better at one than the other - no doubts. I won't dispute that at all. But some bosses move too much to spam nova strike on, and all of them can be easily just guarded specifically when they attack which, with a bit of practice, can easily be timed to coincide with when your attacks end. PP regen is an issue with spamming PA's, so you need to swing out some normal attacks no matter what you do, leaving you open to being knocked down like any other build.

This game is built around 4 player teams. Multiplayer does not equate to multiparty. Classes need to account for being played solo, but I wouldn't say that's what they're balanced around (Even if I tend to prefer solo). Having a healer isn't guaranteed, but worst case (by which I mean best case, in that you have players engaged in the fabled "team work") you have stars and moons.

It's of such little consequence, though, that the stat differences matter so much less than preference. I enjoy glass cannons - learning to not be hit is where I find my entertainment. Playing this as a Dark Souls Light is a lot of fun for me. I'd get bored otherwise, because let's face it: This game is not oozing long term or endgame content yet. Dodo does not count.

Shadowth117
Aug 5, 2012, 09:25 AM
CROSS BURST!

/Sakai Evil laugh

To be fair, I can confirm you can get a solo Cross Burst. It just kind of sucks because you can only kill spread out hordes so fast...

Hrith
Aug 5, 2012, 09:41 AM
...Some excellent points, but glass cannons are really not my thing and I know I will perform better with high defences.

That said, I do have JG and am good at it (PSP2 was decent training, I guess), but I know that changing the way I play would lower my DPS.

If I had to use a comparison, I play this more like DMC, Bayonetta or El Shaddai :P

Meji
Aug 5, 2012, 09:44 AM
Mine's around 1300. I love running around taking 1 damage from everything that's physical.

NoiseHERO
Aug 5, 2012, 09:58 AM
To be fair, I can confirm you can get a solo Cross Burst. It just kind of sucks because you can only kill spread out hordes so fast...

Exactly...

I hate when I'm like only in a duo and we get a cross burst...

and maybe if we're lucky we'll get a "ONE MORE" but it'll still be a depressing awkward "feels like I'm killing a normal mob" cross burst.

goldwing
Aug 5, 2012, 10:06 AM
Thats awesome but it looks like a pain to get knocked around like that also he moves alot.

Jakosifer
Aug 5, 2012, 10:30 AM
This could be quite useful in a team that gets wiped out. You'll have at least one person always ready to moon someone. Well, unless they get wiped so much that you somehow manage to run out.

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2012, 10:33 AM
You can go back to the campship, then come back down to the surface to re-enter the boss room so long as at least one person is alive.

Jakosifer
Aug 5, 2012, 10:46 AM
True. I imagine that being extremely jarring if they die often enough, spend more time making your way back than fighting, heh. Soloyolo though, I would still prefer Fury Stance + Arrow/Rain/Serpent/Rage. Need a damn Twin Gunslash though.

Cypher_9
Aug 5, 2012, 11:05 AM
Well if everyone would stop drinking Shifta, Z, EX... D:

According to this - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=16

From my own exploits as a defense hunter, it is not too difficult to gain the enemy's attention - I lack Warcry but I was able to hold a boss from a Force and an offensive Hunter. But the next day, when I was playing with a friend of mine, they taken the Shifta Drink while I taken the Deband Z (practical huh)...

And when we got to our fight, Banshee was on me for a time, but then its attention was peeled off me for the moment by Shifta drink user D: (but I got it back in the end)

So gaining hate/attention does depends on what the other people take as well as getting in the first hit and continuously keeping up with your attacks like you would and having a decent amount of s-atk... (possible but would be hard to in the affixing world unless you found pretty nice weapons and armor with desired affixes - damn you dodo) which I mainly use swords as a def HU (you can forget getting bosses in MPAs if you lack WarCry like me ; ; ). And obviously off HU users would go for shifta drink... unless they prefer otherwise. Other than that, in my humblest study upon this - defense hunters are fun and die slower :D (especially the way and theme I am going with)

Working on to get least 1100 or 1200 naturally ; ; and I will take Shifta Drink more often!

KrankItVZ
Aug 5, 2012, 11:26 AM
Shouldn't people be trying to not get hit? I know not everything is dodge-able but still...

Cypher_9
Aug 5, 2012, 11:39 AM
Shouldn't people be trying to not get hit? I know not everything is dodge-able but still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5dLqp-Nn1M

I'll get one for Vol and Banshee soon enough ^^ but, I believe the original poster just wanted to display that he was just taking 1 all over...

Coatl
Aug 5, 2012, 11:41 AM
PSO 2 - Along Came a Ragne - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5dLqp-Nn1M)

No PAs!?

Cypher_9
Aug 5, 2012, 11:46 AM
No PAs!?

LOL ... like a baws!

Sendo30
Aug 5, 2012, 12:37 PM
That's really awesome. It's a little silly that you still get knocked down.

IAmSecretSpy
Aug 5, 2012, 01:36 PM
I Don't see the point of you using a Sword if your a tank, sure you take more damage nice but you aren't dealing damage if any at all, id suggest a partisan with Gear or wired lance to get you up to pace.

Cypher_9
Aug 5, 2012, 01:38 PM
I Don't see the point of you using a Sword if your a tank, sure you take more damage nice but you aren't dealing damage if any at all, id suggest a partisan with Gear or wired lance to get you up to pace.

Uhm... I don't have that problem :c

And its kinda late when I already made up my mind to make suggestions, especially when I dedicated my tree to one side of the hunter spectrum... D:

kkow
Aug 5, 2012, 02:38 PM
might be due to my playstyle, but im hating my semitank build. i also went sword gear, and im finding that it is just better to dodge 7/10 times and block the rest. if you are getting hit, more than likely it canceled whatever charged pa you had or you simply got knocked down. all in all, im noticing my dps is pathetic in comparison to the standard dps builds im seeing. i forgot my own golden rule that the longer the battle lasts, the more disadvantageous it becomes orz.

didnt mean to rain on your parade though, props to op for making the tank build work

Omega-z
Aug 5, 2012, 05:16 PM
What would the OP do if future boss start spamming techs? New mag?

Yes and no, Like Golden said he could use different armor/ Mag if he needed too. But this is very time consuming and is unlike PSU where you could just change on the fly. That too the chance of running into all 3 type's of an attack will be high and more fast paced.

and hunter is not the only class that can tank. A force can also drop the kitty's attack down to 1 dps with a 1680 S-Def (maxed solo) to a hunter's 1677 (maxed solo). Now in a Team, Hunter (with a Force) would have higher and also having higher normal raw. But with the Deband stack Force's would have the same as hunter's in solo play.

Sakarisei
Aug 7, 2012, 05:00 AM
That's really awesome. It's a little silly that you still get knocked down.

Well, i know about getting JC and JR next time so... when we can raise to lv 50, i'll think about fixing the tank skill tree so... don't worry.