PDA

View Full Version : Helper NPC A.I.

FacelessRed
Aug 3, 2012, 05:47 PM
I tried finding this instead of asking to not put out repeat threads, But I honestly am Unsure of what these are ACTUALLY called. and I only found information on "Friend partners" Not what I was interested in.

My NPC's are weak, really weak. I'm talking 7 damage weak. It seems they haven't levelled beyond their initial power, I saw someone (Probably) using the same NPC I was using, except their weapon was different. Which to me suggests I am missing a key step in the USE of these NPC's (the ones you choose from the drop ship/earn through quests)

Can someone please point me to the appropriate section to learn how to properly use these NPC's? .. Please?

The Walrus
Aug 3, 2012, 05:48 PM
They get new stuff roughly every 20 levels I believe. At least that's when mine upgraded to tier 2 stuff

FacelessRed
Aug 3, 2012, 05:52 PM
interesting.. I'm level 30 and have noticed no difference.

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2012, 05:54 PM
It may be related to their affection levels. But honestly if you want strong npcs use friend partners, as most people tend to gear them selves up decently first.

FacelessRed
Aug 3, 2012, 05:58 PM
Hmm, well I will see. I only just found out of this friend partner thing today. Their affection is maxed out btw. But thanks for all the assistance either way. I've always lurked here for years. I guess I'll finish getting this level cap quest done and see if reaching level 40 will make a difference.

Vashyron
Aug 3, 2012, 06:12 PM
NPCs all get their stats reduced severely, with both player and story NPCs. You can easily notice this by playing with someone that has your NPC out and comparing the damage it's doing to what your doing and the damage it's taking, It's pretty terrible.

IceBlink
Aug 3, 2012, 08:14 PM
NPCs all get their stats reduced severely, with both player and story NPCs. You can easily notice this by playing with someone that has your NPC out and comparing the damage it's doing to what your doing and the damage it's taking, It's pretty terrible.

On the plus side, they have infinite PP, and it appears their healing techs aren't nerfed. They also get infinite items if the item is on their subpalette, so make sure to equip any with star atomizers, trimates and sol atomizers. :D

Darnell0216
Aug 3, 2012, 08:33 PM
On the plus side, they have infinite PP, and it appears their healing techs aren't nerfed. They also get infinite items if the item is on their subpalette, so make sure to equip any with star atomizers, trimates and sol atomizers. :D
I did not know that. I need to harass my friends into leaving atomizers on their palettes.