PDA

View Full Version : Selling rares.

FlameOfYagami
Aug 4, 2012, 01:22 PM
Why can't I sell some of my rare items? I've noticed that I can't sell some of my rare items. Why is that?

It's not like they can't be sold seeing as there's a bunch of the same thing in people's shops :(

Jakosifer
Aug 4, 2012, 01:23 PM
Because you equipped them at some point.

Mokyu
Aug 4, 2012, 01:24 PM
^ this, they are bound to you once they are equipped. or if you havent equipped them, did you lock them?

FlameOfYagami
Aug 4, 2012, 01:29 PM
Wow! That's lame as hell ><

So you can't make a profit of the current rares that you are already using meaning. Ok I found better stuff on the market so now I want to sell my decent rares for some cash to have enough to upgrade to the new stuff?

I REALLY didn't know this. What a lame ass rule =/

Jakosifer
Aug 4, 2012, 01:32 PM
Lol, it tells you this before you equip them though.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 4, 2012, 01:33 PM
*plays the world's smallest violen for you*
That's why you invest into something you will be using for a while besides you can always use your old armor to upgrade newer rares(transfer affixes) or transfer the affixes to a support unit and sell those.

As for weapons they lose value fast. Especially when better weapons come out and everyone wants that.so you are bound to not make any money off them anyways

FlameOfYagami
Aug 4, 2012, 01:36 PM
Oh sorry for not knowing Japanese :)

On a serious note. Even if it does that's still really bad and it doesn't justify such a silly rule. I may not want my current armor anymore, but someone else may want it specially for a good price.

This actually kinda bumed me out a lil that's really bad. I guess all we can do is npc our stuff?

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 4, 2012, 01:43 PM

On a serious note. Even if it does that's still really bad and it doesn't justify such a silly rule. I may not want my current armor anymore, but someone else may want it specially for a good price.

This actually kinda bumed me out a lil that's really bad. I guess all we can do is npc our stuff?

Like I said if you have good affixes you can transfer them to a supplement unit>.< it's risky off but you have the potential to make meseta off your investment

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 4, 2012, 01:44 PM
Lol, it tells you this before you equip them though.

That'll teach em to take time to read stuff rather than to button-mash through everything!

Owait, it's in moon runes... Maybe he can't read that!

Not knowing Japanese and playing a Japanese game, that's just like... not knowing English and playing and English game!

It's better than having the item ACCOUNT BOUND and UNTRADABLE the moment you pick it up, haven't you played any other MMOs where equipment binds to you upon equip (and you have to pay real monies to unbind it)?

FlameOfYagami
Aug 4, 2012, 01:50 PM
Well thank you to those who actually provided the answer to my question. I will take my leave now since it's obvious where this thread is going now ^^

Also, no i've never played any other MMO's i'm coming straight out of PSU, but thanks for the information.

IndigoNovember
Aug 4, 2012, 01:50 PM
Does the English patch not translate this?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 4, 2012, 01:52 PM
Also, no i've never played any other MMO's i'm coming straight out of PSU, but thanks for the information.

Well PSU had account bound armor and weapons, PSO2's system is a trade-off between account bound and tradable items. It's not as bad as some games that lock equipped items and requires you to pay to unlock them.

Jakosifer
Aug 4, 2012, 01:57 PM
I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. >_>

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 4, 2012, 08:22 PM
Binding rares to a player who uses it is nothing unusual. It's a common rule in many MMOs. It keeps rares "rare".

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 08:27 PM

I can't read japanese, and I managed to copy and paste that prompt into google translate just fine.

It's irritating, but an invariable result of the modern MMO environment. This is just standard now. A big, big part of PSO was trading your old rares (Or not, if you liked them a lot). Now it's just...you don't vendor them because they're valuable, and you can't trade them because they're account bound. So I guess you let them sit there until you need bank space.

Or maybe you use them for a failed affix attempt!

Rowe
Aug 4, 2012, 08:40 PM
Actually, I do have a question about this matter. Are the items character-bound or account-bound? Like, could I bank a weapon I've equipped and then use it with another of my characters, or is it strictly bound to that first character?

Coatl
Aug 4, 2012, 08:43 PM
Actually, I do have a question about this matter. Are the items character-bound or account-bound? Like, could I bank a weapon I've equipped and then use it with another of my characters, or is it strictly bound to that first character?

They are account bound. You can give your most powerful weapon to your lv1 new character. They won't be able to wear it, but they'll have something to stare at.

Also, I've played a lot of traditional MMOs and it shocked me big time seeing costumes not being bind-on-equip. Was mind-blowing for me.

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 08:46 PM
I know, I was puzzled by that too. It makes weapons being account-bound all the more irritating.

But then, drop rates have been adjusted with that in mind. Used weapons won't re-enter the economy. It has its pros and cons. The con being, of course, that new weapons will flood the market when an area is new, and then that area's weapons will dry up bit by bit when the mass of capped players moves on. Take the tundra rares. How many are around these days? Not nearly as many as the mines rares. Compare the best hunter gunslash in the game to the best partisan in the game. Those prices are not indicative of demand, but supply.

edit: Also, clothes not being account-bound is what makes AC scratch viable. It's a legitimized RMT lottery system. Get lucky with the new female clothes (Which I swear have very low rates), or get unlucky with a grinder.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 4, 2012, 08:55 PM
edit: Also, clothes not being account-bound is what makes AC scratch viable. It's a legitimized RMT lottery system. Get lucky with the new female clothes (Which I swear have very low rates), or get unlucky with a grinder.

Grinders sell for 3k meseta!
It's those male clothings that only sell for 1050 meseta...

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 08:59 PM
Ha ha ha! Already? Well, you got me there.

Rowe
Aug 4, 2012, 09:14 PM
Hooray for being a non-CAST male! I can pick up everything I need to look awesome for the price of a stack of monomates!

Though I wonder how long it'll be before the suits start being worth something...

Arika
Aug 5, 2012, 12:16 AM
Even though they have this rule, market still flood badly enough as it is. If they not have this rule and allow everything sell freely like that in PSU, then price will probably be just 1/4 of current.

Macman
Aug 5, 2012, 01:14 AM
Hooray for being a non-CAST male! I can pick up everything I need to look awesome for the price of a stack of monomates!

Amen to that! I got a snazzy white suit for only 70,000. How much are you poor boob-having souls paying for those bikinis and yukatas?

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2012, 01:16 AM
Who cares how much they cost, they're boobs! I mean really now.

Also casts can wear all the unique AC suits that humans can wear, just saying. You should see my telephone pole legs when I wear human stuff.