PDA

View Full Version : So, what is the hardest thing to figure out still after English translation?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 4, 2012, 02:52 PM
I know they don't translate weapons/story elements and like.. what else?

The matter board and Mags?

Ryno
Aug 4, 2012, 02:55 PM
the ones that you just said. and shops. searching and selling and buying. etc.

Ueno54
Aug 4, 2012, 03:20 PM
the ones that you just said. and shops. searching and selling and buying. etc.

Affix search is in English now if that helps at all.

ScottyMango
Aug 4, 2012, 03:36 PM
Nothing, really. I would like to know the story, yeah, but as for weapons and items you can just tell by their picture/stats.

Can't say there's anything in the game I haven't quite figured out yet... finally.

Polly
Aug 4, 2012, 03:50 PM
Affix search is in English now if that helps at all.

Well, I'll be damned.

NoiseHERO
Aug 4, 2012, 03:56 PM
What's an affix? if it's the element the order is ALWAYS

fire -> ice -> Lightning -> Wind -> Light -> Dark

You know, cause they ALWAYS put light and dark last like they're special, fire is ALWAYS number 1, ice/water ALWAYS lives in fire's shadow. leaving lightning to automatically be the number three earliest element you get access to in games automatically. Then it's a tie between wind and earth who may as well be last if not for light and dark ALWAYS being last. But since wind is new to this game it fits right into 4th! AND THIS DEFAULT ORDER ALL COMES FROM EACH ELEMENT'S POPULARITY IN EVERYTHING SINCE THE 90'S!

/too many vidya gaems

Polly
Aug 4, 2012, 03:58 PM
What's an affix? if it's the element the order is ALWAYS

fire -> ice -> Lightning -> Wind -> Light -> Dark

Burn I, Stamina II, stuff like that.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 4, 2012, 04:03 PM
What's an affix?

/too many vidya gaems

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-basics-buying-selling-equipping-grinding/#ability
+^_^+

Valymer
Aug 4, 2012, 04:07 PM
So bumped.org is loading for you guys right now? I haven't got it to load since yesterday or maybe even the day before

NoiseHERO
Aug 4, 2012, 04:08 PM
Burn I, Stamina II, stuff like that.

I dunno, you guys have like 8 names to describe one thing! D:

One guy called ability "agi" D:

But yeah that does sound useful.

Polly
Aug 4, 2012, 04:09 PM
So bumped.org is loading for you guys right now? I haven't got it to load since yesterday or maybe even the day before

Yep, seems fine to me.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 4, 2012, 04:24 PM

clear your internet cache, you might have a corrupt cookie+^_^+

I dunno, you guys have like 8 names to describe one thing! D:

One guy called ability "agi" D:

But yeah that does sound useful.

af·fix"
   [v. uh-fiks; n. af-iks] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to ): to affix stamps to a letter.
to put or add on; append: to affix a signature to a contract.
to impress (a seal or stamp).
to attach (blame, reproach, ridicule, etc.). "

So when we talk about Affixing, we are talking about adding abilities to weps and armor, such as increase HP by XXX or add burn effect (which i had on an ice weapon+^_^+) and such stuff, some Affixes can make a 3* wep worth as much as as the rarest drops in the game. also, there is a limit of 8 abilities you can affix to a wep as far as i can tell+^_^+

CultOfPersonality
Aug 4, 2012, 04:45 PM
Besides bumped.org is there a guide with translation for shops and maybe a weapon database?

I'm getting the symbols down but yeah.

BTW, what's the closest to spears from PSU you can have in the game? And whats the best PA currently? also when do you get Double sabers?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 4, 2012, 04:46 PM
I'm a complete nub so yeah, just decided to finally play it. Only real issues is with figuring it all out. I haven't bothered with item affixes yet, probably wait on that >.>

NoiseHERO
Aug 4, 2012, 04:51 PM
I'm a complete nub so yeah, just decided to finally play it. Only real issues is with figuring it all out. I haven't bothered with item affixes yet, probably wait on that >.>

I'd say wait until your mid-late 20's before you REALLY think about your stats and equips. To take things at a steady pace, if you will. and it won't mean much spending a lot of time trying to figure out how a bunch of stuff works to get good equips if you're just going to outlevel it with the next 3-5 levels. And wait until you know what your play style is before you start dropping skill points on your skill tree. D:

But as well... Even I personally ignore them, doing CO's early on doesn't hurt.

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 04:54 PM
Yeah, definitely hold off on hardcore affixing. I've seen 2 star swords with +10 grind and soul + damage II and cringed. That stuff is not cheap to do, and it's outclassed VERY fast if you're not at the cap.

Ueno54
Aug 4, 2012, 04:55 PM
Besides bumped.org is there a guide with translation for shops and maybe a weapon database?

I'm getting the symbols down but yeah.

BTW, what's the closest to spears from PSU you can have in the game? And whats the best PA currently? also when do you get Double sabers?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=0

This is a pretty fantastic page.

Jakosifer
Aug 4, 2012, 04:56 PM
My moonrune understanding is quite elementary, but I don't really feel right using that patch. Call me cray.

NoiseHERO
Aug 4, 2012, 05:00 PM
Oh so I'm NOT the only one that's still not using it, even though I only know like...

3 katakana symbols...?

Ezodagrom
Aug 4, 2012, 05:03 PM
Nothing, really. I would like to know the story, yeah, but as for weapons and items you can just tell by their picture/stats.

Can't say there's anything in the game I haven't quite figured out yet... finally.
About the story there's this:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199319

CultOfPersonality
Aug 4, 2012, 05:08 PM
When I get my mag should I stick with ATP?

I already know I'm spear/double saber kinda guy. multiple attacks. Only 2 SP I've used was in the HP nodes.

NoiseHERO
Aug 4, 2012, 05:14 PM
For hunter, I'd say S-atk,(Obvious) ability(maybe) and S-defense(To use stronger units) doesn't hurt.

It saves time to level up your mag early, but I personally find it a pain in the ass. In general they just give you pure stats. If you want a specific type of mag (appearance and photon blast) This thread would help you a lot.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197304

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 05:16 PM
When I get my mag should I stick with ATP?

I already know I'm spear/double saber kinda guy. multiple attacks. Only 2 SP I've used was in the HP nodes.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196837

This thread should help you out.

Step attack and just guard are universally useful. Just Attack Bonus and Fury stance are also very handy for damage builds. I'd avoid S-ATK Up though, it sounds good but the reality is 50 ATP on top of 1,000 ATP at level 40 is far less valuable than the JA bonus skills.

Wired lances and partisans are good weapons that compare well to double sabers, but if you don't want to spend money you may be better off waiting to get into the main skill tree until they're added to see what they do to the tree. I still HIGHLY recommend step attack and just guard, they're class-changing skills and I highly advise them for EVERY build, even defensive ones.

NoiseHERO
Aug 4, 2012, 05:19 PM
Oh and double sabers come out in "fall" or something.

But partisan is pretty awesome at the moment.

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 05:24 PM
I love partisans, I just wish I saw something in MPA's besides speed rain and very occasionally trick rave. Speed rain needs a nerf to damage penetration or something.

Mystil
Aug 4, 2012, 05:31 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196837

This thread should help you out.

Step attack and just guard are universally useful. Just Attack Bonus and Fury stance are also very handy for damage builds. I'd avoid S-ATK Up though, it sounds good but the reality is 50 ATP on top of 1,000 ATP at level 40 is far less valuable than the JA bonus skills.

Wired lances and partisans are good weapons that compare well to double sabers, but if you don't want to spend money you may be better off waiting to get into the main skill tree until they're added to see what they do to the tree. I still HIGHLY recommend step attack and just guard, they're class-changing skills and I highly advise them for EVERY build, even defensive ones.
I don't have both of those, but I should at lvl27. Eager to see just how good they are.

Angry_Ryudo
Aug 5, 2012, 03:57 AM
Didn't want to open a new thread about translations, but I'd like to know if the patch includes the translation of the in-game-changeable-at-will graphical options (gears menu, オプション, 4th option, 2nd option).
I figured out the ones in katakana, like blur, antialiasing, light shaft, soft particles... but there are others in kanji and I'd like to know their names. So, screenshot please ´w`

Aeris
Aug 5, 2012, 07:50 AM
Didn't want to open a new thread about translations, but I'd like to know if the patch includes the translation of the in-game-changeable-at-will graphical options (gears menu, オプション, 4th option, 2nd option).
I figured out the ones in katakana, like blur, antialiasing, light shaft, soft particles... but there are others in kanji and I'd like to know their names. So, screenshot please ´w`

All of it is translated on the patch, the hard thing i didn't even know was affixes on junk weapons (abilities) that dropped from mobs such as the range soul since i ended up selling them for money.