PDA

View Full Version : How much does % on ranger/hunter weps matter?

FlameOfYagami
Aug 5, 2012, 03:49 AM
Pretty much the topic title.

What is the overal opinion on this? In PSU it was all about % even crappy weapons that were 50% were still pretty viable.

Abu Jumal
Aug 5, 2012, 03:53 AM
Not real solid data but with divine launcher I hit 14k with my 50% fire rappy cannon on the Antlion and hit 12k against it with my 50% lightning launcher.

Hrith
Aug 5, 2012, 07:55 AM
There is no %.

Coatl
Aug 5, 2012, 11:00 AM
The difference between a 50 elemental weapon and the same weapon with no element is about 200-300 damage depending on the PA/weapon used.

JeyKama
Aug 5, 2012, 11:34 AM
Elemental (whatever you wanna call it, for the anal-retentive out there who can't offer anything but to say it's not a %) is the only scaling multiplier you get on weapons outside of talents.

Whether your element matches the mob's weakness isn't as huge a deal, unlike PSU. As someone mentioned, matching the weakness only gives you a 3-4% advantage with a 50-element weapon vs. 50 of an identical off-element, though PAs and such will magnify this difference considerably.

Each point of element seems to buff your weapon by roughly 0.5% damage (over a non-element) though I was using a specific ATK and weapon build in my testing so take that number with a grain of salt.