PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Ironman Challenge

Zyrusticae
Aug 5, 2012, 11:10 AM
Anyone else tried this?

It goes something like this: Play solo, get hit until you are close enough to death (or just take off all your units) so that you will die in a single hit. Proceed to attempt the mission without once using a healing item or resta.

It gets really hair-raising, especially against the bosses. Serious adrenaline rush, man!

Coatl
Aug 5, 2012, 11:12 AM
I've seen challenges like these arise in other MMOs where the challenge provided was too underwhelming.

Another rule should be that you have to wear the 1 star version of your weapon.
Oh..and TPS mode everywhere. >:c Play hunter? Too bad real fighters don't have 3rd person view.

Blastifyys
Aug 5, 2012, 11:12 AM
Anyone else tried this?

It goes something like this: Play solo, get hit until you are close enough to death (or just take off all your units) so that you will die in a single hit. Proceed to attempt the mission without once using a healing item or resta.

It gets really hair-raising, especially against the bosses. Serious adrenaline rush, man!
i have tried this many times it is verrrrrryyyyyy funnnnn

Polly
Aug 5, 2012, 11:14 AM
Gonna do this vs Banther/Banshee combo!*

*and it will take 23 years of trying, but I'll do it!)

I've thought about doing this a few times though, yeah. I already capped my Hunter and have been looking for other ways to dork around with the game when not leveling my Ranger. Could be fun to mess around with while looking for matter board drops and the like.

Jakosifer
Aug 5, 2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah, actually. I tend to keep Fury Stance on at all times, and have my HP below 15% so I can feel like I'm playing Danger Mario. Lulz.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 11:17 AM
I've seen challenges like these arise in other MMOs where the challenge provided was too underwhelming.

Another rule should be that you have to wear the 1 star version of your weapon.
Oh..and TPS mode everywhere. >:c Play hunter? Too bad real fighters don't have 3rd person view.

And don't forget to starve you mag so it doesn't do anynthing. And who needs PB?

I-I actually find this amusing but I'd faildie so hard if I tried it.

erehwoN
Aug 5, 2012, 11:18 AM
Reminds me of that age old challenge in MMOs.

Reach the cap without leveling* your character.
*Here I suppose it would be not going near the skill trainer or the PA/Tech disks.
Levels will obviously be gained but you wont benefit from all those skillpoints.

Quite humorous really in other MMOs. Not sure I would like to try it here...

BIG OLAF
Aug 5, 2012, 11:21 AM
That kind of stress-inducing play isn't my idea of fun at all, but I'd be interested in seeing other people do it in uploaded videos and whatnot.

KrankItVZ
Aug 5, 2012, 11:23 AM
Did this quite a bit in Monster Hunters. Well the ideas just not to get hit, but since I don't really wanna actually die I'll just play with my normal gear and TRY to not get hit. Just dodging practice I guess.

To me the block with the sword is kinda clunky right now. Not sure of lag or I just suck (I swear it just refuses to block when I hit Shift sometimes). Maybe I should find a controller to use

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 11:24 AM
That kind of stress-inducing play isn't my idea of fun at all, but I'd be interested in seeing other people do it in uploaded videos and whatnot.

Yeah I kinda feel the same way. I get too relaxed when I play games.

I did intentionally fight two ragnes in lava for the extra challenge though. It was awesome.

NoiseHERO
Aug 5, 2012, 11:24 AM
So you mean continue playing how I always play, by not healing and using half-assed equips?

KrankItVZ
Aug 5, 2012, 11:28 AM
So you mean continue playing how I always play, by not healing and using half-assed equips?

Tell me about it... I was using crap 30 sumthing S-Def stuff till I hit 39 and noticed I took more dmg than the rest of my team.

Zyrusticae
Aug 5, 2012, 11:28 AM
And don't forget to starve you mag so it doesn't do anynthing. And who needs PB?

I-I actually find this amusing but I'd faildie so hard if I tried it.
Actually, you could just unequip your mag.

Personally, I don't think it's worthwhile to decrease your killing power so drastically. Just makes things take longer. Not so much fun, beating on the same little thing for a minute straight.

Trying to just straight-up not get hit, even once, on the other hand... hoo, boy! :-o

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 5, 2012, 11:37 AM
What's with these challenge threads recently?

Just play the game however you enjoy it, I say. Most of the stuff in PSO2 isn't that challenging one way or another as it is. I still have fun with it though.

*shrugs*

Coatl
Aug 5, 2012, 11:39 AM
Someone should make a video of them doing a challenge run of any area. o:
Certainly would be interesting to watch.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 11:40 AM
What's with these challenge threads recently?

Just play the game however you enjoy it, I say. Most of the stuff in PSO2 isn't that challenging one way or another as it is. I still have fun with it though.

*shrugs*

I don't even count the last two as challenge threads. I enjoy the game as is too, but lets face it. There's not a lot of content out so it's fun to find other ways to challenge your self.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 5, 2012, 11:43 AM
I don't even count the last two as challenge threads. I enjoy the game as is too, but lets face it. There's not a lot of content out so it's fun to find other ways to challenge your self.

Well, I wouldn't count them either, but there they are. Sure, there's not a lot of content out right now, but eh... "fun" is a subjective term. Some people enjoy doing stuff like this and others don't feel the need to in order to have fun with the game.

I've been capped for a few weeks now and haven't done any of these "challenges" or whatever and I'm still enjoying the game. I can see making your own challenges for shmup titles (Touhou, Gradius, etc.), but for something like this? Not so much.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 11:47 AM
Well, I wouldn't count them either, but there they are. Sure, there's not a lot of content out right now, but eh... "fun" is a subjective term. Some people enjoy doing stuff like this and others don't feel the need to in order to have fun with the game.

I've been capped for a few weeks now and haven't done any of these "challenges" or whatever and I'm still enjoying the game. I can see making your own challenges for shmup titles (Touhou, Gradius, etc.), but for something like this? Not so much.Well it's not like anyone is forcing you to try any of this stuff.

NuhSieh
Aug 5, 2012, 11:57 AM
Kinda tried it against the Tundra's Boss against my will.
I didn't pay attention to my mates, and I had only a few mono, di and tri (and I'm far from good against them).
I was at around 100 hp, with no way of healing, except my Mag but he/it never did it.
I resisted for quite some time by just guarding and evading everything, and even managed to kill one of them. But well, it was a bit too hard for me and I failed in the end, two hits and downed. D=

I'll be also very interested to see someone do your challenge in Tundra, OP. ~
Might be some sort of superplay thingy? For Tundra at least.

erehwoN
Aug 5, 2012, 12:08 PM
Another challenge!
Have your pet(this require a smaller pet) on your desk and keyboard as you try to game.
Mine have killed or left me crippled several times.

It's both hard and adorable. Adorably hard! :yes:

Resanoca
Aug 5, 2012, 01:42 PM
So you mean continue playing how I always play, by not healing and using half-assed equips?This. D: