PDA

View Full Version : Is it all mini bosses in the free missions? Any De Ragan?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 5, 2012, 02:59 PM
Any old school De Ragan/De Rol etc fights? Or just things like Rockbear?

BIG OLAF
Aug 5, 2012, 03:00 PM
No "old school" fights yet.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 03:09 PM
If you mean bigger more complex bosses than rockbear then yes, there's Ragne, Vol Dragon, the Banther/Banshee, and Varder, Barder,Vardha whatever it's name is. However there aren't any throwback fights yet. I'm hoping for an awesome update to De Rol though.

SolRiver
Aug 5, 2012, 04:47 PM
Don't worry, rockbear turn into normal mobs later.

ScottyMango
Aug 5, 2012, 04:58 PM
Vol Dragon is pretty much a throwback...

But.. De Ragan? Lol? You're asking for PSU throwbacks?

Please, no.

NuhSieh
Aug 5, 2012, 05:00 PM
Same there, I want a De Rol Le-like Boss ! Actually, his stage, but w/e.

Big Vader is kinda different from the other boss though and I find him pretty fun to fight (those drops at the end helps a lot too haha).

Don't worry, rockbear turn into normal mobs later.
What if... All basic monkey became Rockbears in Ultimate?!
Haha.

ScottyMango
Aug 5, 2012, 05:01 PM
I want De Rol Le... but like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCr9uCHwA7Y

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 05:05 PM
I want De Rol Le... but like this:

Monster Hunter Tri Online - Jhen Mohran Sand Dragon 2/3 [HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCr9uCHwA7Y)
Exactly. I'm really hoping they do stuff like this with future bosses, and vardha already shows that the're willing to make some pretty big stuff for them, so I have high hopes.

Sylpheed
Aug 5, 2012, 08:01 PM
Where's the love for Vol Opt?

We already had an updated version of De Rol in PSU, They could do so many things with a new Vol.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 08:10 PM
Where's the love for Vol Opt?

We already had an updated version of De Rol in PSU, They could do so many things with a new Vol.

I'm trying to imagine how they'd update that, but it would definitely be cool.

ScottyMango
Aug 5, 2012, 08:13 PM
I donno, Vardha kinda seems like the new Vol Opt to me, with all the breaking of multiple parts and robotness and all.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 08:19 PM
I donno, Vardha kinda seems like the new Vol Opt to me, with all the breaking of multiple parts and robotness and all.

I was just thinking that too... but by that logic you could say Vol Dragon is like a De Ragan... and I don't think anyone would be happy about that. I'm sure they'll do actual throwback bosses at some point though.

Sylpheed
Aug 5, 2012, 08:19 PM

It's hardly the same thing is it. By that logic I could say Maghas Magghana is like Vol Opt because he's a robot and has a breakable part.

I'm talking more along the lines of a reimagining like they did with De Rol in PSU.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 5, 2012, 08:26 PM
I was just thinking that too... but by that logic you could say Vol Dragon is like a De Ragan... and I don't think anyone would be happy about that. I'm sure they'll do actual throwback bosses at some point though.

Vol Dragon is actually a Rathian which burrows in order to turn into a Rathalos.

Blackheart521

But that is the thing, De Ragan was the equivalent of the Dragon in PSO, So Vol Dragon is the equivalent to both of those previous dragons but for PSO2.

Always hated that lame play on words for the name De Ragan :/

Shadowth117
inb4 Olga Flow (I really hope something like him is in actually)

You know the interesting part though about Vardha is that he doesn't really move. Imagine what he'd be like if he did. :P And considering how ferocious things like the banthers can be, I don't doubt there could be some really cool fights based around that. Perhaps boss fights with multiple floors? It would be interesting to see a fight where you needed to jump onto the boss from the top floor, but if you missed you would be at his mercy on the bottom. They haven't even put any levels in with multiple floors in yet so it could be very interesting in my opinion.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 08:33 PM
inb4 Olga Flow (I really hope something like him is in actually)

You know the interesting part though about Vardha is that he doesn't really move. Imagine what he'd be like if he did. :P And considering how ferocious things like the banthers can be, I don't doubt there could be some really cool fights based around that. Perhaps boss fights with multiple floors? It would be interesting to see a fight where you needed to jump onto the boss from the top floor, but if you missed you would be at his mercy on the bottom. They haven't even put any levels in with multiple floors in yet so it could be very interesting in my opinion.That would be a great way to take advantage of all the jumping we're doing. Especially since there's already a few bosses and enemies we're encouraged to jump on at some point. inb4videosofpeoplesoloingthebossontheground

cheapgunner
Aug 5, 2012, 08:55 PM
Give me a three-headed dragon like King Ghidorah with multiple elemental breaths and/or a serpent with messed up eyes. Would be nice.

A better way is to update the game to allow 3-4 bosses all at once on a boss field for better boss fights.

Shadowth117
Aug 5, 2012, 09:07 PM
That would be a great way to take advantage of all the jumping we're doing. Especially since there's already a few bosses and enemies we're encouraged to jump on at some point. inb4videosofpeoplesoloingthebossontheground

I won't lie, I'd probably be one of the people to try soloing it on the ground lol.

Give me a three-headed dragon like King Ghidorah with multiple elemental breaths and/or a serpent with messed up eyes. Would be nice.

A better way is to update the game to allow 3-4 bosses all at once on a boss field for better boss fights.

A boss with different elemental weaknesses? I hadn't even thought of that, but that could be really neat. As for your multiple boss fight idea, that can already pretty much happen in normal gameplay actually. You can have a Dragon, 2 Catardorans, and a Ragne all out at once. Now in the forest you can actually have a Ragne, two Rockbears and a Banshee/Banther I think too.

Someone told me the devs had mentioned multiparty only bosses at some point so I really can't wait to see what comes of that.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 5, 2012, 09:13 PM
A boss with different elemental weaknesses?

PSU had this, the ever-so-popular White Beast, where everyone had to switch between light and dark attacks whenever it changed the dominant head
Or just spam Diga

Ueno54
Aug 5, 2012, 09:57 PM

A new Gol Dragon would be pretty beast. Love the hell out of his tech looking fight room.