PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 PSO2 ARKS lobby featured in future PlayStation game???

Chik'Tikka
Aug 5, 2012, 03:41 PM
Watch about 5-6 mins in before you post!!!+^_^+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14usnXpuOx0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14usnXpuOx0

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 03:45 PM
This was announced a while ago (http://bumped.org/psublog/hatsune-miku-and-phantasy-star-online-2-collaboration-august-preview/)

As others have said, I hope that at some point they play the video of her in the FOnewerl outfit on the giant monitors.

ScottyMango
Aug 5, 2012, 03:46 PM
I still don't get why this is a big deal... it's a voice synth with an avatar.

Why'sat so interesting?

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 5, 2012, 03:49 PM

Why'sat so interesting?

Because terminal case weeaboos

I still find it really sad that hundreds of thousand fill stadiums in japan to watch what is essentialy a cartoon of that derpy waifu loli with that god awful autotune voice

ScottyMango
Aug 5, 2012, 03:51 PM
People... go to stadiums... to watch a voice synth?

jackiechanwtf.jpg

Blackheart521
Aug 5, 2012, 03:53 PM

Why'sat so interesting?

Idk but some of the songs are catchy as hell lol and I usually don't listen to japanese music. ^^;

ScottyMango
Aug 5, 2012, 03:58 PM
I can dig a good deal of Japanese music. I wouldn't really call myself a weeaboo, though The Pillows are my favorite 'band' (i usually listen jazz/triphop/post-ambient stuff).

However, this vocaloid thing...? noooo.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 5, 2012, 03:59 PM

jackiechanwtf.jpg

Did you see the story about the Tupac hologram projected against a clear screen at that concert in Cali not too long ago?

Welp, in japan they do that shit with Miku, and hundreds of thousands pay retarded amounts to go to a fake concert to see their loli waifu. Its pretty pathetic tbh.

Theres videos on youtube, it looks horrible to boot

Gardios
Aug 5, 2012, 04:04 PM
Different strokes for different folks, guys.

ScottyMango
Aug 5, 2012, 04:05 PM
I could kinda understand the 2pac thing, as many people see him as legendary status. He's alright imo, nothing special to me but atleast it makes a little sense as a tribute to an artist who has passed.

But thousands of people losing their shit over a fancy Microsoft Sam? lol..

SuKKrl
Aug 5, 2012, 04:06 PM

jackiechanwtf.jpg

Not really trying to defend it but Gorillaz was exactly this, with western art and nobody raised an eyebrow to them. Its not like we haven't seen this in here, we actually had it before them.

ScottyMango
Aug 5, 2012, 04:08 PM
The Gorillaz were actual artists, singing actual songs and playing actual instruments... not a fancy version of the voice synth you can already find in your PC's control panel.

Sizustar
Aug 5, 2012, 04:09 PM

Why'sat so interesting?

It's a voice synth with a anime avatar that came out at the right time for Niconico(Japanese version of Youtube) that enabled many musician that are not able to sing, or afford to pay for a artist to share their music with other people, it started an phenmon of not just music, but graphic, video, and eventually it's own 3D posing program, MMD.

It's also being taught as a course at Osaka denki university since 2008
And it's contribution to the Japanese economy has warrented a letter of thanks from the Minister of Economy.

Did you see the story about the Tupac hologram projected against a clear screen at that concert in Cali not too long ago?

Welp, in japan they do that shit with Miku, and hundreds of thousands pay retarded amounts to go to a fake concert to see their loli waifu. Its pretty pathetic tbh.

Making fun of how other people spend their own money for their own entertainment is more "pathetic", as it is their own money, they get to choose how to spend it, not you.
And how they spend it, doesn't affect you physically or psychologically, so why should it matter, why is it necessary to make fun of them, is it so you can justify your own hobby?
People used to make fun of comic book fans and video gamer, till recently, with various hollywood comic book film and video game movie, it's "cool" to be a comic book fan, or a gamer now, but a few years ago?
You're made fun of or physically bullied for your own hobby.

And most importantly, those japanese "fan" are the one spending the most AC, thus supporting Sega, enabling you to play the game for free.

The Gorillaz were actual artists, singing actual songs and playing actual instruments... not a fancy version of the voice synth you can already find in your PC's control panel.

Only the program is not "real" the person/griyo that wrote the lyric and music is real, unless you somehow have this idea that the vocaloid program are intelligent and can make song, then that makes them true A.I. which is...quite a accomplishment.
This "program" enable people to share their own idea/music with the mass, without the need to purchase expensive sound recording equipment, or hire professional or semi-pro artist to perform for them, and it isn't a minority as you like to believe, the number of people that recognize and use the program isn't that small, nor are their fans, not understanding and just labeling them as weird/retarded is no different then how the public used to labler gamer and comic book fan as basement dweller that live with their parent.

ScottyMango
Aug 5, 2012, 04:14 PM
So, it's a good synth. I get that. I produce music myself, so I can understand the qualities of a good vocal synth program.

...But to make an avatar out of it and put on fake concerts, to the point where people are freaking out because omg-avatar-anime-girl! ...Well I guess that's just another thing that I will never be able to comprehend.

kkow
Aug 5, 2012, 04:19 PM
yea why dont we all just watch music videos instead, its the same damn thing right? same with sports games you could watch on tv! anywho, i know plenty of people that go to concerts simply for the "concert vibe" hipster thing. and besides, there a plenty of artists out there that don't actually sing, idol groups are the most guilty of this. dance + lipsync ftw.

fake concerts indeed. go away.

SuKKrl
Aug 5, 2012, 04:20 PM

Just to clear my point (which I did a terrible job at it =x). They were known by a lot of people only by the virtual band part. I knew a lot of people who had no idea people actually participated in it and it didn't pose a problem to their popularity, especially with teenagers.

I'm not really touching the voice synthesizer part (and about instruments, there is always pop to prove that they being there or not can be irrelevant - not that I like pop, I really don't).

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 04:21 PM
So, it's a good synth. I get that. I produce music myself, so I can understand the qualities of a good vocal synth program.

...But to make an avatar out of it and put on fake concerts, to the point where people are freaking out because omg-avatar-anime-girl! ...Well I guess that's just another thing that I will never be able to comprehend.
No offense but it kind of bugs me that you post on threads just to say that you don't understand the interest in something. I get that people have different tastes but if that's all you have to say do you really need to post about it?

Sizustar
Aug 5, 2012, 04:24 PM

It's not just concert, that avatar is also used by race teams in the Super GT Serie, and in TV commercial in Japan, for Google Chrome and Toyota Car.
The fixation on that she's not "real" is similiar to the fixation that some people have on why do you play as a female avatar, or why do you play a MMORPG, it'll be gone eventually.
It's a form of entertainment, and the goal for the user is to be entertained, if that is how they choose to be entertained, then that is their choice, if you aren't interested, no one is forcing you to join in.

ScottyMango
Aug 5, 2012, 04:27 PM
Only the program is not "real" the person/griyo that wrote the lyric and music is real, unless you somehow have this idea that the vocaloid program are intelligent and can make song, then that makes them true A.I. which is...quite a accomplishment.

That's kind of my point. The Gorillaz were real artists (mostly Damon Albarn) performing real music, with real talent, on real instruments.

Sure, someone wrote the "music" that the vocaloid uses, but in the end it's still just a computer-synth playing pop songs. The idea behind a concert is to listen to your favorite talents perform live, not to hear a computer play back what is most likely a pre-recorded MP3 + video. That's what I go to youtube for.

I mean, isn't that the reason people get pissed off about lip-syncing? Except, with lip-syncing, there's still the element of a real person at hand... with this Vocaloid, it's nothing but a computer.

@SuKKrl: I've been listening to The Gorillaz since I was like 13 and I've never thought of them as 'virtual'. I mean, I understood they had cartoon personas, but I knew that the music was mostly written and performed by Damon Albarn, the frontman for the band Blur.

kkow
Aug 5, 2012, 04:31 PM
if it makes you feel any better, there usually is a real band playing alongside miku.

and lets see crime and rape statistics for japan vs country of choice. get out.

Blackheart521
Aug 5, 2012, 04:50 PM
I would kinda compare the Vocaloid series as a sort of equivalent to Rock Band, Guitar Hero or DDR. Those games use virtual avatars with music tracks behind them, sure they don't do Guitar Hero Concerts but it is the same concept, Vocaloid is just applied with more complexity. ^^;

Gardios
Aug 5, 2012, 04:53 PM
^Not really. Those are just rhythm games, and while there are VOCALOID rythm games, it's still mainly a singing synth.

Zyrusticae
Aug 5, 2012, 05:02 PM
lol G.A.M.E.R-X, always a thrill.
Yep, pretty much.

If nothing else, it is entertaining. 8-)

On-topic: I am a Miku fan, and I know it is most definitely a love-it-or-hate-it sort of thing, as her voice is somewhat atypical (and there's the whole synthetic thing that may or may not work for you).

What I find interesting is how many Vocaloid songs tackle really heavy subjects that you don't often see portrayed in typical songwriting. For example... look up Servant of Evil. Very interesting stuff there.

kkow
Aug 5, 2012, 05:03 PM
>They have THE biggest culture of child sexualization and exploitation, its literally a popular mainstream accepted culture for them and a norm even though it would be banned in a country like america immediately

cases of teachers raping 50+ girls each,tons of times each before ever getting caught, and then getting off with no punishment

apparently numbers and solid facts mean nothing to this guy.

and you think the way japan handle rape cases are unique? in fact, there are plenty of rape cases from the us army base in japan. im certain all they got was a slap on the wrist court martial, and a simple discharge.

kiwimisty7
Aug 5, 2012, 05:58 PM
Thats because miku hatsune is first popular virtual idol, the future of music, and she sings really good songs. I like her because of the technology and creative minds use to create her. Its so cool.

Gama
Aug 5, 2012, 06:13 PM
honestly i like hatsune miku, thes an avatar and her voice an instrument played by someone.

i also like how joyfull and full of energy she is. even if she dosent exist.

i would prefer that video on the lobbies ^^

jooozek
Aug 5, 2012, 06:23 PM
I still laugh everytime I recall that she "performed" concerts as a hologram and people were actually enjoying it waving their sticks to "her" :-o

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 5, 2012, 06:55 PM
Old news, but entertaining nevertheless. It shouldn't come as a surprise though. They are both made by Sega after all.

Because terminal case weeaboos

I still find it really sad that hundreds of thousand fill stadiums in japan to watch what is essentialy a cartoon of that derpy waifu loli with that god awful autotune voice

Dude, seriously. No. Just stop, lol.

Do you ever bother to think before you speak (or type in this case)? I'm sure hundreds of thousands would be willing to disagree with you and tell you that you wouldn't know something good even if it kicked you in the face. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you should insult so many people like that and be like, "omg this is derpy and most awful voice evar blah blah blah"

If you actually bothered to understand how she works as a program, you would realize that this "derpy waifu loli with that god awful autotone voice" goes above and beyond just that. Trust me, I'd know. I had Vocaloid 2 on my computer a couple of years ago and my mind was blown at just how amazing it was, despite my lack of understanding with it. What I mean is, I wasn't able to make a song with it since it was far too complicated for me (more of an FL Studio guy), but even I could realize how crazy the technology must be to create something like this. Also, not all of her songs sound "autotone" as you put it. There are plenty that I have linked from NicoNico to my friends and they found it hard to believe the song was made with Vocaloid because of how real it sounded (this goes for Miku, Kaito, Len, Luka, etc.).

Most of her stuff does sound just as you described though, but that's the appeal of it. It has a unique sound and if you really knew how much effort it took just to make her sound that way, you'd think twice before insulting this work of art and calling people that enjoy the music, "terminal case weeaboos". Besides, how the fuck are you going to sit there and call people such a thing when you're playing PSO2? This game was obviously also catered to "terminal case weeaboos" as well.

They also had a hologram for the Gorillaz as well. What's your point? I really don't see what the big deal is. Personally, I think you need to get your eyes checked if you truly believe the Hatsune Miku hologram (or any of the Vocaloid holograms, really) look horrible.

Now, I will admit... there were some movement issues when it first came out and it didn't look near as good as it does now, but now the hologram looks really smooth and moves in a fluid fashion. I am thoroughly impressed with what technology has done and was able to bring a virtual idol to us as close to reality as possible. I think it's a really cool feature, honestly. It's the best thing for a Hatsune Miku fan, really. She doesn't actually exist, but bringing her to the stage as a hologram is the next best thing.

I don't know what your problem is with people liking things you don't like, but you need to chill the fuck out. There are plenty of people that spend, "retarded amounts" to go watch football (which I don't like), but do you see me badmouthing them or bashing their interest? No. Why? Because it would make me look like a narrow-minded and self-centered jackass.

"Durr hurr. Everyone should like what I like or they're an idiot. What everyone else likes is retarded. Only what I like is cool"

Whatever, man. You hating on Hatsune Miku for not being real is as bad as guys who bash others for liking comic books or any other piece of work with a fictional character in it. Who the hell cares if the character isn't real? There are plenty of characters in comic books, anime, manga, video games, etc. we can all learn a thing or two from sometimes, so it's never a good idea to keep yourself inside of the box and think only good ideas come from the 3D realm.

If you're not going to try and fix your tunnel vision, the least you could do is do us all a favor and think before you type out that next post. I don't ever get headaches, but I sympathize for the people you are giving them to. You're like a walking plague, trying to suck out all of the good left in humanity that's left on this Earth.

*facepalm*

I still laugh everytime I recall that she "performed" concerts as a hologram and people were actually enjoying it waving their sticks to "her" :-o

I still laugh every time someone thinks that just because she isn't real means we should treat her as if she doesn't exist. She did perform and she is classified as a her. How would you like it if someone addressed your character in PSO2 as, "her" rather than just flat out saying it?

Yes, even fictional characters have genders. Surprise surprise. As for her performance... someone had to program her to behave that way and instruct her which way to turn during which part, when to jump, when to open her mouth and close it, etc. She didn't just get up there and someone pushed a button to make things happen. It took time and effort to make her perform.

It's like how you go to the theater to watch a movie or stay at home and watch one on your TV. You're watching the actors' and actresses' performance. Were you there on the set to see them perform in real time? No. You're watching it from a "stage" just as these people were with the Hatsune Miku hologram.

Does you watching it in a theater or your home make it any less real than had you seen them doing all of it on the set during the shoot? No. So why would you treat this any different?

Oh wait... you wouldn't.

BIG OLAF
Aug 5, 2012, 06:57 PM
I dislike Hatsune Miku very much, but if other people like her (it?) then that doesn't make them a weeaboo, or a....child rapist? ...or whatever that mental-case tried to spin it into.

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2012, 06:59 PM
Until a week ago I didn't know what hatsune miku even was. I just always saw the character on japanese sites, figured it was some super popular anime like narubo or one part.

Angelo
Aug 5, 2012, 07:00 PM
the future of music,

No.

I mean, I didn't want to come in here and slam the whole Hatsune Miku thing, because personally, I don't like it.

But to say it's the future of music, just no.

It's a fad like any other fad.

Lyrah
Aug 5, 2012, 07:01 PM
I dislike Hatsune Miku very much, but if other people like her (it?) then that doesn't make them a weeaboo, or a....child rapist? ...or whatever that mental-case tried to spin it into.

I don't like her either cuz thats not my type of music...but id rather have that in the shopping area than that same intro movie thats on 24/7

Xaton
Aug 5, 2012, 07:06 PM
shoot the tech behind the hologram form if they can perfect it we would have a Cortana style AI soon. Yes it be akward at first but seriusly if cant marvel at it music wise [as music speaks alll langauges at once] then least look at it as a technical marvel.

mctastee
Aug 5, 2012, 08:56 PM

jackiechanwtf.jpg

People go to Skrillex "concerts". Same idea, except there is a real person "performing" at one.

gravityvx
Aug 5, 2012, 09:05 PM
People go to Skrillex "concerts". Same idea, except there is a real person "performing" at one.

So good though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULS27Wak6-8

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 5, 2012, 09:08 PM
Wtf happened here 0.o

You gotta love ignorance I guess?

So good though.

Skrillex - Reptile Theme (Full Version) - Mortal Kombat 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULS27Wak6-8)

No not good his"concerts" he plays off his laptop... He just hits plays and messes with the sliders . Horrible just horrible.

Who doesn't mix at their own concert???

OpheliaInfinity
Aug 5, 2012, 09:24 PM
On-topic: I am a Miku fan, and I know it is most definitely a love-it-or-hate-it sort of thing, as her voice is somewhat atypical (and there's the whole synthetic thing that may or may not work for you).
This. Everyone who has posted here has chosen their side ;o I love Vocaloid, and although it upsets me to see her pinned as a "derpy loli waifu with bad autotune" I have to respect that opinion.. you can either love it or hate it. I appreciate those who have defended her but sadly no matter what you say they won't change their feelings about Miku.
btw has this topic derailed or what? owo

That would be so great if Miku appeared on stage in pso2. :3 Notice how the pso2 opening video music kicks in when you approach the stage? Her singing could work like that... for you haters (no offense)

Asakust
Aug 5, 2012, 11:02 PM
Who cares about Miku.

Lily and Luka are better.

Yup. I went there. niki and Muryoku P are awsm composers.

Arika
Aug 5, 2012, 11:07 PM
This was announced a while ago (http://bumped.org/psublog/hatsune-miku-and-phantasy-star-online-2-collaboration-august-preview/)

As others have said, I hope that at some point they play the video of her in the FOnewerl outfit on the giant monitors.

Or it'd be better if an GM just play as in Miku character and dance live there on stage event.

Zyrusticae
Aug 5, 2012, 11:50 PM
No.

I mean, I didn't want to come in here and slam the whole Hatsune Miku thing, because personally, I don't like it.

But to say it's the future of music, just no.

It's a fad like any other fad.
I wouldn't say that.

It's some seriously impressive voice-synth tech. It's ubiquitous in Japan - it's a great way for songwriters to get their work out there even when they can't afford or can't get their hands on a good real singer. Some folks are really dedicated to this stuff. It's not going away any time soon.

Hosaka
Aug 6, 2012, 12:20 AM
>This thread.

http://i.imgur.com/Pkj7s.jpg

Asakust
Aug 6, 2012, 12:22 AM
IA too new D=

Needs more time.

SaiKo
Aug 6, 2012, 12:25 AM
Eh. If they're going to be doing cross-promotion, just release a Miku voice for Caseals.

I love her voice, so I'd use it.
If I could afford it at least. <_<

blace
Aug 6, 2012, 12:25 AM
Let people like what they like, and ignore it if you don't. It's just that simple.

Mike
Aug 6, 2012, 12:28 AM
Eh. If they're going to be doing cross-promotion, just release a Miku voice for Caseals.

It'd be AC scratch only so you'd have to pay some unreasonable amount of real money or pay some even more unreasonable amount of meseta to buy it from someone who was foolish enough to spend that much.

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2012, 12:29 AM

This would be acceptable to me. If only because I want a more synthetic sounding voice for my caseal rather than just a normal voice with a filter.

OpheliaInfinity
Aug 6, 2012, 12:41 AM
It'd be AC scratch only so you'd have to pay some unreasonable amount of real money or pay some even more unreasonable amount of meseta to buy it from someone who was foolish enough to spend that much.
Isn't that the truth ....for all AC scratch items.

More money for Sega.

Aewyn
Aug 6, 2012, 02:16 AM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Aewyn_Murayama/530056_10151974950800576_1239071652_n.jpg

_Nue
Aug 6, 2012, 02:23 AM
Needs more Kagamine Rin.

NoiseHERO
Aug 6, 2012, 02:23 AM
Wtf happened here 0.o

You gotta love ignorance I guess?

No not good his"concerts" he plays off his laptop... He just hits plays and messes with the sliders . Horrible just horrible.

Who doesn't mix at their own concert???

[spoiler-box]http://endlessorigami.com/comics/2012-07-17-how_electronic_music_is_made.png[/spoiler-box]

I dunno what skrillex does at his concerts, because even though I kind of liked his style, it gets old fast.

But yeah all the hardcore electro guys mix it up. (including songs they didn't even make themselves.)

Asakust
Aug 6, 2012, 10:50 AM
[spoiler-box]http://endlessorigami.com/comics/2012-07-17-how_electronic_music_is_made.png[/spoiler-box]

Looks vaguely like Cubase. Good software, that.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 6, 2012, 11:02 AM

I dunno what skrillex does at his concerts, because even though I kind of liked his style, it gets old fast.

But yeah all the hardcore electro guys mix it up. (including songs they didn't even make themselves.)

Lol, idk if that's your attempt at defending him but, I know how electronic music is made my brother is a DJ and all I listen to is electronic music xD I even mess with some software my brother gave me because I like to know how everything works.

I Love 初音ミク yeah I said it! (; ̄ェ ̄)
初音ミク+trance= perfection????

Omisan
Aug 6, 2012, 12:33 PM
Didnt Macross make a movie about there being something exactly like this.

D-Inferno
Aug 6, 2012, 01:32 PM
Apparently Hatsune Miku's fanbase consists of unloaded character models.

Also no newmans attended her concert. Dressing up as a FOnewearl must have gotten all the other HU/RA/FOneys jealous, while Newm are just too pro.

Halcyote
Aug 6, 2012, 01:37 PM
Didnt Macross make a movie about there being something exactly like this.

yeah, their idol was Sharon Apple.

and anyone who watched Macross Plus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_Plus) would know what happened with that.

Omisan
Aug 6, 2012, 01:37 PM
Sharon Apple is an artificial idol. She exists as a computer which produces a hologram.

Macross Plus 1994

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_Plus

Edit: Oh you beat me Halcyote. And ya i know how that went. But its totally the same idea.

Halcyote
Aug 6, 2012, 01:40 PM
in other news i'm reminded how old i am because holy crap that movie came out in 94