PDA

View Full Version : How Many Hours Did It Take to Get to Level 40?

Kanivakil
Aug 5, 2012, 08:26 PM
... ...

Lyrah
Aug 5, 2012, 08:27 PM
That depends....for most its takes 100+ hours. I remade my char and did it in like 30 hours(pse bursts and exp booster)

Shadowth117
Aug 5, 2012, 08:33 PM
Really, really depends on how and where you play. Generally you'll want to get all of the areas unlocked which can take quite a while. The emergency missions are really your best bet for fast leveling though in a populated block. Get in with a decent multiparty and you can come out of those with ridiculous amounts of exp. Especially so if you bring in client orders relating to those missions. Darker client orders are generally really, really easy to get done in the city runs so taking these along with you can get you a decent amount of extra XP if you have any available to do at the time.

I honestly don't know exact hours because my leveling was staggered by the level cap, but don't expect it to be overnight. I will say it doesn't feel as long as leveling in PSU at all.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 5, 2012, 08:33 PM
about 180, but i did a lot of fooling around+^_^+

Lyrah
Aug 5, 2012, 08:35 PM
Really, really depends on how and where you play. Generally you'll want to get all of the areas unlocked which can take quite a while. The emergency missions are really your best bet for fast leveling though in a populated block. Get in with a decent multiparty and you can come out of those with ridiculous amounts of exp. Especially so if you bring in client orders relating to those missions. Darker client orders are generally really, really easy to get done in the city runs so taking these along with you can get you a decent amount of extra XP if you have any available to do at the time.

I honestly don't know exact hours because my leveling was staggered by the level cap, but don't expect it to be overnight. I will say it doesn't feel as long as leveling in PSU at all.

Not really i got to 40 with free caves hard, you just need to be very lucky with your MP's.

Heat Haze
Aug 5, 2012, 08:37 PM
A little over 30 hours I want to say.

Leveling from 1-13 is very easy. From that point, until 20 it feels well paced. Then.. 20-25 (or 20-30 depending on your perspective) many agree takes the longest time. 30-40 is a cakewalk.

But.. seriously, 20-25 just isn't fun.

supersonix9
Aug 5, 2012, 08:39 PM
20-30......not the most interesting part of my life. Did it twice; going to be annoying the third time.

30-40? Good fun.

supersonix9
Aug 5, 2012, 08:41 PM
At my current pace I predict I will be level 40 in about 5 more months.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww260/helpman/meme/notbad.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shadowth117
Aug 5, 2012, 08:42 PM
Not really i got to 40 with free caves hard, you just need to be very lucky with your MP's.

Yeah, that can work too and its probably the best for a few levels until you can get to tundra and then mines. But that's once you hit 30 as well which is pretty far in. Not to mention that most of the time you have better luck getting a good multiparty in that mission because of the massive amount of participation than the caves since tundra and mines are here now.

Zyrusticae
Aug 5, 2012, 08:47 PM
100+ hours over here. For both my Force and my Hunter (and my Hunter was twinked to hell and back, at that).

Maybe if all someone ever did was do crazy-efficient multiparties all day long, they could do it in much less time. I never had that luxury.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 5, 2012, 08:48 PM
I'd say about 60 hours or so. Those City missions really do wonders for you.

kkow
Aug 5, 2012, 08:56 PM
160 hrs, still sitting on the last few levels until they raise the cap. took my time and messed around a lot though.

Asuni
Aug 5, 2012, 09:04 PM
At my current pace I predict I will be level 40 in about 5 more months.

qft D: i'm never a good leveler in any game it's so frustrating!!!!

Gardios
Aug 5, 2012, 09:06 PM
130h I think? I've spent quite a lot of time in the lobby though.

IzzyData
Aug 5, 2012, 09:12 PM
Maybe 75 the first time and 50 the second. Running out of levels to do so I'm not even trying on my third.

raiden55
Aug 5, 2012, 09:16 PM
i'll say around 150h for me, i'm 37 currently, but it's quick here.

20-25 were horrible, i even stopped the game and wondered if i would come back to it, took me like 2 weeks to do these.

25-29 took me 2 days...
at 30, got depressed seeing tundra for the first : feeled too much like a copy-post of existing things, made me though about psobb episode 4.
(well of course the boss is not a copy for sure :p)

i got mine yerterday, and i like it way better, seeing the sinowbeat and the little robots on the air like on pso1 put the nostalgia back

Ueno54
Aug 5, 2012, 10:19 PM
Like 120ish for me. I did a few awesome mult-party runs and spend the rest of the time solo. Not much of a party player.

Reyva
Aug 5, 2012, 10:44 PM
I dunno..........if I logged total playtime when they hit 40.............

First toon - Cast M Hunter - 200 hrs

150 hrs - afk
50 hrs - real play

Second Toon - Newman F Force - 250 hrs

200 hrs - afk
50 hrs - real play

Third Toon - Cast F Ranger - 100 hrs
70 hrs - afk
30 hrs - real play

Cast F was powerleveled by my newman. Forces are great power levelers compared to ranger or hunter for a lot of reasons. Lastly, 38-40 on my Cast F took long because I really didn't feel like playing lol.

After doing all this, at first 20-24 took the longest, but after that first character, this wasn't the case for me anymore. And if you get the city mission, do that and pray for a PSE burst and you'll level pretty fast. Thats how 30-40 was so fast for me.

Oh and there are two ways to be power leveled. I will go ahead and tell you that when those new classes come out, if it works the same way (start at level 1 and work your way up to 40/50), you should go ahead and have all your repeatable quests done and cash in with your new class.

Then after that, just use your force for the powerleveling process and continue to do repeatables and cash in. Makes leveling in general too easy, but if you only have one pc and one toon only, well, sucks for you and have fun.

Eh afk? I dunno, I go to work and just leave my toon there lol. Same thing when I go to sleep. Actually, if you look my current play hours, its probably way more than anyone else on here, but its spread out on whatever characters.

Kylrad
Aug 5, 2012, 11:10 PM
Don't have an exact figure but I'd say it took me aprox. 7 days at an average of 5 hours a day give or take. I did client orders as much as possible to get that bonus exp and then just grinded MP area's

DoubleCannon
Aug 5, 2012, 11:27 PM
took me 108 hours to reach level 40 hunter apparently lol. and that is actual playing. 20-30 were very cruel levels.. 30-35 was alright.. 35-40 was fast. free mines made it a breeze lol

goldwing
Aug 5, 2012, 11:53 PM
Eh roughly 30 hours. It took me after 35 about an hour a lvl by that time id already spent a good 24 to 25 hours so with the right set of mind 20-30. It takes dedication tho.