PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing AC with a prepaid card?

LT RADCZEK
Aug 5, 2012, 09:07 PM
So with all of the problems people seem to be having over purchasing AC such as bank statements, webmoney overpricing, etc. I wanted to try and use a prepaid card (you know, the cards you can buy at a store and put a certain amount of money in) instead of using my debit card directly. Would this be a better alternative, or would this just cause me more problems in the long run? I want to try to avoid problems with my bank and I don't really want to use webmoney because of the markup prices. (poor college student :P)

Silver Crow
Aug 5, 2012, 09:22 PM
i just recently used the prepaid card method and it worked beautifully.

follow this guide here: http://pewpewplusplus.blogspot.nl/2012/07/guide-to-purchasing-ac-in-pso2-from.html

and i recommend this site for purchasing prepaid cards: http://cn-usa.com/?cmd=buy&loc=193646

also, you'll want to register for a legitimate japan address so sign up for tenso (search google) it's free and you can avoid adding cc details if you choose the paypal option (you'll know what i mean when you're registering)

btw the site for the prepaid cards requires a lot of idenity proof. they give you a checklist to do for security reasons when you first sign up. it includes confirming a few digits over phone, photo of driving license or id, photo of credit card (with first 8 digits hidden) etc. it's worth it in the end and they only took about 2 hours for them to process my first order. after that the orders took at most 15 minutes.

good luck! ask me for any other help :)

jwplayer0
Aug 5, 2012, 09:23 PM
as long as its one of the cards that allows you to put in your information online (name, address, phone number, etc) you should be fine. I would recommend using the fake jp address (and maybe name?) on the cards information as well.

i just recently used the prepaid card method and it worked beautifully.

follow this guide here: http://pewpewplusplus.blogspot.nl/2012/07/guide-to-purchasing-ac-in-pso2-from.html

and i recommend this site for purchasing prepaid cards: http://cn-usa.com/?cmd=buy&loc=193646

also, you'll want to register for a legitimate japan address so sign up for tenso (search google) it's free and you can avoid adding cc details if you choose the paypal option (you'll know what i mean when you're registering)

btw the site for the prepaid cards requires a lot of idenity proof. they give you a checklist to do for security reasons when you first sign up. it includes confirming a few digits over phone, photo of driving license or id, photo of credit card (with first 8 digits hidden) etc. it's worth it in the end and they only took about 2 hours for them to process my first order. after that the orders took at most 15 minutes.

good luck! ask me for any other help :)

Their are some prepaid debit cards that let you fill in the nessesary information online without having to go through phone checks, I've used them multiple times for other things.

Silver Crow
Aug 5, 2012, 09:29 PM
as long as its one of the cards that allows you to put in your information online (name, address, phone number, etc) you should be fine. I would recommend using the fake jp address (and maybe name?) on the cards information as well.

Their are some prepaid debit cards that let you fill in the nessesary information online without having to go through phone checks, I've used them multiple times for other things.

what the hell are you talking about o.o

prepaid cards = prepaid webmoney points which is a simple code you use on webmoney.jp to save you from the hassle of using bank cards.

and NEVER use fake details! sega can ban you if they run a security check. instead register for a free legitimate address with tenso. do it by the book so it wont bite you in the ass later.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 5, 2012, 09:34 PM
I think OP is talking about Green Dot cards or some such, not web-money points, also your method makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, which why ima either wait for PayPal support or the ability to add my real address to my isao account+^_^+

.Jack
Aug 5, 2012, 09:38 PM
This is what I use and I have not had any problems with purchasing AC.

www.americanexpress.com/Prepaid

LT RADCZEK
Aug 5, 2012, 09:51 PM
I think OP is talking about Green Dot cards or some such, not web-money points, also your method makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, which why ima either wait for PayPal support or the ability to add my real address to my isao account+^_^+

Yea, I actually was talking about these types of cards, not the webmoney cards. Sorry for the confusion! (Although I did get a Japanese address from tenso, since I wanted to try and have legit info.)

This is what I use and I have not had any problems with purchasing AC.

www.americanexpress.com/Prepaid

So when I get a card from here, should I just use my actual address or the Japanese address I got when I registered at Tenso? Also, does it mail me a physical card, or is it all online?

Chik'Tikka
Aug 5, 2012, 10:14 PM
use your real address and name on the card itself, and the JP name and address on the isao site+^_^+ you should never use fake name or SSN for CC registration+^_^+

LT RADCZEK
Aug 5, 2012, 10:22 PM
use your real address and name on the card itself, and the JP name and address on the isao site+^_^+ you should never use fake name or SSN for CC registration+^_^+

Okay, that's what I thought. Just making sure!

.Jack
Aug 5, 2012, 10:49 PM
So when I get a card from here, should I just use my actual address or the Japanese address I got when I registered at Tenso? Also, does it mail me a physical card, or is it all online?

They are going to mail you the card so unless you're going to fly to japan to pick it up, you'll need to use your real one. :D