PDA

View Full Version : Do you miss out on anything if you don't do the main story quests?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 5, 2012, 09:34 PM
The main story ones at the counter? Do you miss out on much?

Gardios
Aug 5, 2012, 09:39 PM
Still on the fourth matter board... Why do they even give you iceberg quests before desert hard mode? <_<

Maronji
Aug 5, 2012, 09:46 PM
Still on the fourth matter board... Why do they even give you iceberg quests before desert hard mode? <_<

I've been trying to make sense of it, and trust me... it doesn't.

All signs seem to point to Tundra originally being available immediately after Desert on Normal (Naberius Time Attack (unlocked by completing... was it Tundra 2?) Normal level limit is 20, though Tundra's requirement itself is 30; Story mission unlocked on Matter Board 3 has a lower enemy level limit of 20... but you're already at the cap, Lv30, by the time you get that mission, etc.). It almost bothers me how it's Hard mode only, all things considered.

Though I have to wonder what the "New system update" listed for Winter on the roadmap (the one posted by Bumped at the game's official release) is supposed to be. You think they'll eventually reorganize the mission progression?

@OP: You miss out on a few client orders that you'd get by viewing events on the Matter Board, as well as (fairly) decent weapons and units.

Zorafim
Aug 5, 2012, 09:59 PM
Mostly, you get the best non-rare weapons available in the game. Besides that, you get some armor with great units attached to them. And you'll also get some client orders which give great exp. Of course, you get NPCs too. I think that should be everything...

Yuugi The Strong
Aug 5, 2012, 10:17 PM
I'd probably do it for just the NPCs, really. Aki, Light, Furie, and whoever else you may get (because, really, I'm too lazy to finish Matter Board 3) tickle me in a funny place. Though to be fair, I only like Light because he's a Force. *shrug*

..I haven't heard anything special about the story quests, otherwise. Best equipment doesn't sound too great unless those are literally the best you can equip. I'd probably use those, seeing as I can't equip any of the rare units, and I'm too cheap to buy something that isn't cosmetic.

Coatl
Aug 6, 2012, 12:50 AM
I'd probably do it for just the NPCs, really. Aki, Light, Furie, and whoever else you may get (because, really, I'm too lazy to finish Matter Board 3) tickle me in a funny place. Though to be fair, I only like Light because he's a Force. *shrug*

..I haven't heard anything special about the story quests, otherwise. Best equipment doesn't sound too great unless those are literally the best you can equip. I'd probably use those, seeing as I can't equip any of the rare units, and I'm too cheap to buy something that isn't cosmetic.

Uh, how do you get Aki?
The only unlockable NPCs that you can take with you so far that I know of are Furie and Light from matter boards 4 and 5 respectively.

Maronji
Aug 6, 2012, 01:01 AM
Uh, how do you get Aki?
The only unlockable NPCs that you can take with you so far that I know of are Furie and Light from matter boards 4 and 5 respectively.

From what I'm aware of (and according to the JP wiki), I think you get both Aki and Light from Chapter 4: Proud Scales of Amduscia.

If I hadn't been brutally murdered on my first attempt, I'd know for sure, but... yeah.

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 05:20 AM
I believe it depends on the nodes you do.

I have Aki, Light, and Furie (such a hottie).

You get some GREAT five star weapons, too. I highly suggest you go for it. At the worst, you can sell them for a pretty penny. I probably turned 1m off various matter board items in the player shops.

Vashyron
Aug 6, 2012, 05:26 AM
The 5.2* Weapons you get from the Matterboard are better than the majority of rares and they easy to get to +10, only weapons that beat them are some of the higher end rares if you manage to +10 them.

Hrith
Aug 6, 2012, 06:17 AM
Furie is also probably the best NPC so far.

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 06:59 AM
Unless you're playing hunter. The PA's she uses might just give me epilepsy.

Hrith
Aug 6, 2012, 09:24 AM
lol, I still use her, free Jellen and Panic Shot are sweet and launchers stunlock monsters.

Those 100 NPC run titles are going to be x_x