PDA

View Full Version : Normal Dragon Boss?

WorldlyCosmonaut
Aug 5, 2012, 10:50 PM
I honestly don't know which forum thing this is supposed to go but lately, I have been getting my butt kicked by the Dragon Boss. Not the long-necked one but the main dragon one, I think it's called Vol Dragon? But anyways, I could really use some help fighting it. I know most people would be like, "Grind your way to the appropriate level and then fight it." But honestly, I just want to get past the caves and just continue on in the levels. I was hoping if some generous people could party up with me and help me slay the beast? The IGN's Nano-Chan and i'm in Ship 02 Block 10. Please help!

Zorafim
Aug 5, 2012, 10:57 PM
Grind your way up to it? That's not the answer at all! The correct answer is to solo it until you learn all its patterns, then dodge its attacks while giving it paper cuts until it falls! Dragon kind of has a problem, though. It has an instant kill attack that it does if you don't break its tail fast enough.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 5, 2012, 11:06 PM
Take a force with you that knows how to freeze it's feet to the ground, that helps a lot imo, and break it's horn and tail for more drops, there's a third thingy you can break on its back, but it can be kinda hard to reach+^_^+

mctastee
Aug 5, 2012, 11:22 PM
Grind your way up to it? That's not the answer at all! The correct answer is to solo it until you learn all its patterns, then dodge its attacks while giving it paper cuts until it falls! Dragon kind of has a problem, though. It has an instant kill attack that it does if you don't break its tail fast enough.

Well, hunters can cheese it just by blocking. Then it goes from insta-kill to 50 damage.

pikachief
Aug 5, 2012, 11:39 PM

lol my first time playing against it solo, It insta-kill me immediately so I joined a party who was already at the and did the run again right after really fast. I dont think i've fought him since lol

Silver Crow
Aug 5, 2012, 11:42 PM
first time i faced that dragon was on a solo mission with a player card. i was so determined to beat it and took me around 3 tries, in the end i learned its pattern and learned how to 'just guard' its attacks and was pretty easy to solo. I was lvl 18 at the time. do the same!

goldwing
Aug 5, 2012, 11:45 PM
Id love to help u. Give me a time est and ill gladly help u slay this monster. Names Eclipsesole. Ill b waiting just pm me.

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2012, 12:06 AM
Protip. He can't aim his fireball attack straight down, so the safest place to be when he's about to use it is right below him.

You say you don't want to "grind to the appropriate level to fight it" what level are you?

WorldlyCosmonaut
Aug 6, 2012, 12:15 AM
Nevermind, somehow solo'd it because i'm that BA. >:D Thanks for all the suggestions though!

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2012, 12:18 AM
Well congrats then. :3

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 6, 2012, 03:05 AM
Well, hunters can cheese it just by blocking. Then it goes from insta-kill to 50 damage.

Really? I thought one of the guides said that the dragon's fireball was unblockable??

Jakosifer
Aug 6, 2012, 03:10 AM
Everything it does is blockable. Except for maybe the pillars, and you can probably block those to but there would be pretty much no reason to.

Ueno54
Aug 6, 2012, 03:11 AM
Everything it does is blockable. Except for maybe the pillars, and you can probably block those to but there would be pretty much no reason to.

Even his normal ground fireball? I always got knocked on my ass trying to block that thing.