PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Skill reset + Mag reset more expensive than a new one?

Silver Crow
Aug 5, 2012, 11:39 PM
Does the Skill reset (1000 AC) reset ALL of your skill trees? Otherwise why in the world would they charge you double? And if that was the case where it resets everything then wouldn't the Mag reset be annoying if it reset all your Mags? Or can you lock them somehow so they don't get reset. Sorry if this has been answered before.

pikachief
Aug 5, 2012, 11:41 PM
I think buying a new character also costs the same as a new mag. So that way you get a new mag and another character to mess with! lol

Blackheart521
Aug 5, 2012, 11:42 PM
Does the Skill reset (1000 AC) reset ALL of your skill trees? Otherwise why in the world would they charge you double? And if that was the case where it resets everything then wouldn't the Mag reset be annoying if it reset all your Mags? Or can you lock them somehow so they don't get reset. Sorry if this has been answered before.

Don't know about mags but yes, The skill tree reset resets all of your trees except your original ones. ^^;

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 5, 2012, 11:48 PM
Those people saying that Skill Reset resets ALL skill trees need to actually try resetting a skill tree.

DemonMike
Aug 6, 2012, 12:19 AM
In a weird way, it kind of makes sense to me. You can have a max of 20 skill trees and 10 mags on a character, so you buy your way up to the limit eventually. Then, because you're all maxed out, your only option is to buy a reset.

It make sense but it also doesn't, but considering you get a choice in it I don't see the harm until you've maxed out!

Shujinko
Aug 6, 2012, 02:39 AM
Skill resets are possible for all of your trees I have done it.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 6, 2012, 02:47 AM
Skill resets are possible for all of your trees I have done it.

Then why does it ask you to choose a source tree and a target tree when you go to reset? I'm not wasting 1000AC just to confirm but it does seem to only reset one tree per use. Why would it even ask for a target when it's gonna reset them all at once?

http://i46.tinypic.com/dmzlzq.jpg

Eyce_Theon
Aug 6, 2012, 02:53 AM
I'm pretty sure he was reffering to how ANY skill tree can be reset, including the default ones, not all at once.

Blackheart521
Aug 6, 2012, 02:54 AM
Lina, it could be all of one class, so you choose hunter, ranger or force and it resets all of that one type

Shujinko
Aug 6, 2012, 03:09 AM
I'm pretty sure he was reffering to how ANY skill tree can be reset, including the default ones, not all at once.

Yes I apologize for not being clear enough.

drizzle
Aug 6, 2012, 03:09 AM
If it were the other way around, they'd get more support calls from people who mess up with their tree resets.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 6, 2012, 03:10 AM

The OP was asking why the reset costs twice as much as a new tree, being able to reset ANY skill tree doesn't answer his question.

Lina, it could be all of one class, so you choose hunter, ranger or force and it resets all of that one type

Nah it only resets one skill tree at a time, whilst costing twice as much as a new one.

Yes I apologize for not being clear enough.

Yeah I played around a bit more with the skill tree and it'll let you reallocate default/original skill trees as long as they're unequipped.

UnLucky
Aug 6, 2012, 05:59 AM
In a weird way, it kind of makes sense to me. You can have a max of 20 skill trees and 10 mags on a character, so you buy your way up to the limit eventually. Then, because you're all maxed out, your only option is to buy a reset.

Basically this. They want people to pay the premium on the resets either because they can't get a new one, or don't think to check prices. Like "I don't need a new one, I'll just grab a reset." No idea if it happens, but I feel like even a Japanese player could go in there looking for a reset and buying one without realizing.

jooozek
Aug 6, 2012, 06:03 AM
Basically this. They want people to pay the premium on the resets either because they can't get a new one, or don't think to check prices. Like "I don't need a new one, I'll just grab a reset." No idea if it happens, but I feel like even a Japanese player could go in there looking for a reset and buying one without realizing.
Pretty sure you can't reset a tree you are currently using so I'm afraid that this is a very unlikely scenario :yes:

RocSage
Aug 6, 2012, 06:06 AM
Because it is easier to convince people to buy things that are cheaper and then once you've used all the cheap stuff you can then argue with yourself that it's your fault that you have to now pay that extra

GImiller
Aug 6, 2012, 08:48 AM
Yea as rocsage said, I think they're just waiting patiently for people to buy the maximum number of skill trees and mags. Once you've done that you either have to start over on a new character, or start using resets. Or so I think, having yet to buy or look at the AC products I might be missing something.