PDA

View Full Version : Premium VS. Free drop rates

Omisan
Aug 6, 2012, 01:20 PM
Lets see what people have experienced in terms of drop rates of the nicer rares when switching to Premium.

Kinujou
Aug 6, 2012, 01:21 PM
Alright, let me rephrase. I have horrible luck finding rares (only found 2 and im on my way to having a second level 40)...

BIG OLAF
Aug 6, 2012, 01:21 PM
I've been a premium member since maybe Day 5 of the full release, and haven't found more than 3 "good" rares.

Either way, being a premium member has nothing to do with increasing drop rates. SEGA would have mentioned something about it, and they haven't.

Sizustar
Aug 6, 2012, 01:23 PM
No effect, the member in our guild that gets the best rare is a none premium member.

EvilMag
Aug 6, 2012, 01:24 PM
Whats next, are you gonna say naming your game name psoallstars will give you better drops?

Dinosaur
Aug 6, 2012, 01:25 PM
Feels the same. When I didn't have premium about 30 days ago, I got a wide number of rares. It is only recently that I have been getting any. It definitely seems random.

Omisan
Aug 6, 2012, 01:26 PM
poll is up

Sapparu
Aug 6, 2012, 01:30 PM
I've had a noticeable difference with the more common weapon/unit drops which does mean you'll earn more meseta overall than a non-premium player. As for rares, I have found a lot more of the common rares (タリスレガシー) and the current space tuna rare, but I have yet to feel the drop rate increase with the other more uncommon rares.

jooozek
Aug 6, 2012, 01:46 PM
I don't use premium and my drop rates have been rather great. Drop rates itself, not drops.

Omisan
Aug 6, 2012, 01:49 PM
Thats kinda what i meant. My friend got plenty of normal common rares, then switched to premium and got around 30 top tier rares in less than a week.

Luck? or the Power of Money?

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 01:51 PM
Thats kinda what i meant. My friend got plenty of normal common rares, then switched to premium and got around 30 top tier rares in less than a week.

If that's normal I'm feeling pretty ripped off right now.

BIG OLAF
Aug 6, 2012, 01:52 PM

Luck.

goldwing
Aug 6, 2012, 01:53 PM
i gotta say luck cause iv found some pretty good rares and im not premium i find every wep i wont and iv got butt loads of thos ranger rear units not to mention a few force rares and ranger rares alike.

Alenoir
Aug 6, 2012, 01:57 PM
There was one or two days where I was extremely lucky and ended up with a few nicer rares, but afterward, days and days of not seeing anything red. Seem to just be luck. The last thing I found was a Space Tuna like, 3 days ago.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, premium.

Shakuri
Aug 6, 2012, 01:59 PM
It's all just plain luck. Premium gives you trading, a room, more storage, and a shop. That's it.

moorebounce
Aug 6, 2012, 02:00 PM
I'm playing free for the moment and I found 6 or 7 rares between 3 characters but they were all the Braolet gunslash.

Shadowth117
Aug 6, 2012, 02:01 PM
It really all is luck. I got 3 rares yesterday while on free course and the past few days before I'd gotten jack on premium. Its got nothing to do with that.

NoiseHERO
Aug 6, 2012, 02:02 PM
This is talking about Premium blocks right?

Some unreliable source told me those blocks had more actual item/weapon over meseta drops.

Omisan
Aug 6, 2012, 02:11 PM
Oh i was unaware of premium blocks. Not sure ive ever seen a block i couldnt enter.

Are they only view-able if you are premium?

NoiseHERO
Aug 6, 2012, 02:13 PM
Oh i was unaware of premium blocks. Not sure ive ever seen a block i couldnt enter.

Are they only view-able if you are premium?

I think so, I haven't tried official premium yet.

Kazzi
Aug 6, 2012, 02:16 PM
Nope, seemed the same to me. It tends to only increase if you've got the item drop boost or a weapon with the skill on it.

Crimson Exile
Aug 6, 2012, 02:43 PM
It is the same drop rate. I get crazy amounts of rares when I play for long periods of time.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 02:52 PM
Please don't turn Premium into a placebo, lol. No, having Premium does not increase your chances of obtaining rares. Save your money, folks.

Sizustar
Aug 6, 2012, 03:15 PM

Luck.
The person that gets consitnat 7~8 star rare per day in our guild, is the few none premium member when we do 12 person multi-party hunt, best record for that person..was...7 rare on 1 run?

kantaris
Aug 6, 2012, 03:25 PM
premium since able, gotten 1 rare in 80 levels (minus AC scratch) It was some dragon drop armor piece that only sold for about 12k

darkante
Aug 6, 2012, 03:28 PM
There is no difference.

Macman
Aug 6, 2012, 05:58 PM
My friend who uses premium bitches about not getting anything while I find stuff in the same runs as him. :-?

Zenobia
Aug 7, 2012, 07:21 AM
S>Body for adillo sword plox~

Fckin sword eludes me ALL THE TIME EVEN WITH 15MIN CROSS BURST o>O!!!!

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 07:54 AM
Lets see what people have experienced in terms of drop rates of the nicer rares when switching to Premium.
This thread is bad and you should feel bad for making it.

Ana-Chan
Aug 7, 2012, 08:05 AM
I'm currently free and I currently get at least 1 7-9* item per day. A friend of mine who currently is premium doesn't. They are going through a major dry spell.
Although two weeks ago it was the other way around, I was going through a major dry spell and this friend was getting a lot.
There is only one thing that has any say in your drop rate, and that is the game server's bad RNG. So yes, it is completely down to luck, nothing more, nothing less. (This is of course taking out drop boost abilities etc out of the equation.)

Cobalt01
Aug 7, 2012, 08:07 AM
I haven't gotten a whole lot of rare drops since playing about a week and a half ago. I doubt SEGA would be douche enough to give players giving them money to have a better drop rate alala a better playing experience. I don't quite understand why these comparisons are brought up. You like SEGA right? I doubt there out to get you.

Omisan
Aug 7, 2012, 08:11 AM
This thread is bad and you should feel bad for making it.

What a useless thing to say. Thank you everyone for your input, it looks like we have put any rumors of premium drop rates to pasture. I dont see a need for paying for premium as of right now as i dont have a driving need to have a room or a shop.

彩音~
Aug 7, 2012, 08:33 AM
Why don't you use your brain a little? If increased drop rates were included in the premium package, they would tell you about it

Ce'Nedra
Aug 7, 2012, 09:04 AM
Preminum since the 3th now and I don't notice any diffrence so far.

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 09:08 AM
What a useless thing to say. Thank you everyone for your input, it looks like we have put any rumors of premium drop rates to pasture. I dont see a need for paying for premium as of right now as i dont have a driving need to have a room or a shop.Useless post for a useless OP.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 7, 2012, 09:27 AM
Useless post for a useless OP.

Takes one to know one doesn't it, Mr Talis Master

Coatl
Aug 7, 2012, 09:42 AM
I haven't noticed a significant change in the drop rate of rares for me since I switched to premium.

zemog
Aug 7, 2012, 09:53 AM
This is good to know. I thought there was an advantage to paying, but I must be thinking of the one-time use premium items to increase drop rate for a short time?

Jakosifer
Aug 7, 2012, 10:10 AM
Revival

Alright, youve gotta cut this out. You know well and good there are just as many obvious answers to repeat questions on the PSO2 board of GFAQs. And with the amount of people who now frequent this place due to PSO2, of course misinformation, stupid questions and a variety of other stupid bullshit will be tossed around nonstop. It's the internet after all.

Arika
Aug 7, 2012, 10:43 AM
I 'd vote on the poll if there is a choice which is "Yes, I'm premium member here! and my luck is much worse compare to non-premium friend"

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 10:45 AM
I want to clarify this. Just, you know, clear this up.

Do you mean to tell me that a community consists of multiple people who may discover a game at different points in time, and have questions that they dare to ask? Do you also mean to tell me that not every single person on the internet thinks to google a question, and just asks it instead? That's unbelievable. I just can't understand that.

Do you then mean to tell me that GameFAQs is full of people who would rather remain silent than make blatant idiots of themselves? That makes sense.

Lighten up fella, people have questions and they ask them. Willful ignorance would be doing exactly the opposite. Don't be a dick.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 7, 2012, 10:53 AM
I want to clarify this. Just, you know, clear this up.

Do you mean to tell me that a community consists of multiple people who may discover a game at different points in time, and have questions that they dare to ask? Do you also mean to tell me that not every single person on the internet thinks to google a question, and just asks it instead? That's unbelievable. I just can't understand that.

Do you then mean to tell me that GameFAQs is full of people who would rather remain silent than make blatant idiots of themselves? That makes sense.

Lighten up fella, people have questions and they ask them. Willful ignorance would be doing exactly the opposite. Don't be a dick.

You just want to bicker, friend.

I already made it clear that my annoyance comes from people I know have been playing this since the early betas, making idiotic complaints that have the most simple solutions had they ever bothered to get remotely acquainted with the game they apparently must be using to sit in the lobby all day given their ignorance, and making up idiotic theories when there's solid factual evidence that's been well known for ages and common knowledge to everyone else.

Please pay attention

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 10:54 AM
so much hostility over trivial things

anyways, i voted yes even though i know the cake is a lie.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 11:05 AM
You just want to bicker, friend.

I already made it clear that my annoyance comes from people I know have been playing this since the early betas, making idiotic complaints that have the most simple solutions had they ever bothered to get remotely acquainted with the game they apparently must be using to sit in the lobby all day given their ignorance, and making up idiotic theories when there's solid factual evidence that's been well known for ages and common knowledge to everyone else.

Please pay attention

Oh boy here comes the lobby idling and block 20 complaints. I really don't understand how you can attack other peoples' intelligence after the kind of shit you've whined about here and in the couple threads I saw on GFAQ's, which I still can't believe still exists.

PSO2 is new. It has new mechanics. People will be confused. If you want PSOW to be as helpful as you seem to recall, it won't get that way if everybody whines that nobody knows anything.

So no. You pay attention. PSOW was never an oasis of amazing intelligence surrounded by dregs of stupidity. It was exactly the same as most of the internet, claiming otherwise is just silly. People asked "stupid" questions everywhere back then, just like they do now. People cried about the sky falling everywhere. Nothing is new, nothing will ever be new.

So, you want PSOW to be as great as you recall? It wasn't great because people like you ran around insulting everyone that didn't look up every single thing before asking, it was great because people helped eachother instead of insulting eachother.

Selphea
Aug 7, 2012, 11:38 AM
The secret to drop rates in PSO2 isn't premium/non-premium. It's Japanese IP/Non-Japanese IP. If you're a baka gaijin they'll nerf your drops.

In other news, putting Sonic in your room used to increase synth rates on PSU! Honest!

Jakosifer
Aug 7, 2012, 11:43 AM
Dammit yall trippin

The secret to drop rates in PSO2 isn't premium/non-premium. It's Japanese IP/Non-Japanese IP. If you're a baka gaijin they'll nerf your drops.

In other news, putting Sonic in your room used to increase synth rates on PSU! Honest!

This. All of it. I've got numbers to prove it.

Reyva
Aug 7, 2012, 11:44 AM
Just luck. Its how I spent the leftover 200 AC I had yesterday on a "lotto" and got that blue swimsuit everyone and their mom's ***** gets hard over. Since it makes my female cast look really odd regardless due to the fact that spines shouldn't work that way (and the fact that cast parts > swimsuit), I sold it instead. That chunk of change will be used for some better costume/cast parts for next month.

Was it luck that I got that or because I am premium lmao? Then again, you can fool anyone on here who is very gullible. I used to get a kick out of doing this to people in games, but haven't done it in quite a while.