PDA

View Full Version : is there a quicker way to raise your mag?

CultOfPersonality
Aug 6, 2012, 01:34 PM
Feeding 3 times every 3 minutes seems so damn slow. All day and its only level 10 -_-

Klashikari
Aug 6, 2012, 01:36 PM
News to me. I would definitely prefer having the possibility to feed a mag every 3 minutes so...

Joke aside, no since the timer cannot be controlled.
So you better use items of higher rarity for that (or the expensive way: food device).

Oh, since you are only level 10, you better not reach a stats around 50 or more, otherwise you might just go nuts, considering how slow a mag growth becomes starting from lvl50+.

GImiller
Aug 6, 2012, 01:41 PM
Aside from feeding higher star level items not really, there's also mag boosters that I think(correct me if i'm wrong somebody) will give you 1 whole level of whatever stat the booster is for. I have yet to see or try one of these though.

WEAPONS BY *: (atk/def on weapons corresponds to the class of the weapon. Hunter weaps add Satk and reduce Sdef, etc.)
1* +6 atk, +2 abi, -6 def
2* +9 atk, +3 abi, -9 def
3* +12 atk, +4 abi, -12 def
4* +15 atk, +5 abi, -15 def
5* +18 atk, +6 abi, -18 def

Taken from banjo's mag guide http://wwww.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198250.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 6, 2012, 01:42 PM
Giving your mag abilities can be really useful, by making it use up the bar in the field
Good ones for this are the abilities that make it poop out monomates and atomizers

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 01:44 PM
There are stat boosters which boost your mag's level by enough to level a single stat (until level 50, where it stops being enough points to level it up from empty in one go). They're mag devices, so you give them to it the same way you give it a new ability.

Your mag's hunger bar drops by I think 3% when it does an action, like healing you, buffing you, or dropping a recovery item.

Omisan
Aug 6, 2012, 01:46 PM
feeding it PA discs seems to be a pretty consistent method of raising your Dex/ability.

All other items will provide variable and usually lower amounts of stat increase.

HINT: you mag will bob and falter in flight when it is at 0. So if you are messing around in the lobby or something and u notice alot of movement in our mag. Feed it.

And you can feed you mag in increments of 33. So, to keep your mag topped off you feed it whenever the bar is at 66.

CultOfPersonality
Aug 6, 2012, 02:08 PM
What's the japanese name for the striking attack mag item to increase it a level? Gonna check some shops...

Omisan
Aug 6, 2012, 02:14 PM
フードデバイス/打撃

this part seems to be the only part that makes it unique from the others

打撃

edit: got it from here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=12

kantaris
Aug 6, 2012, 03:24 PM
AutoIT

Clearly against the EULA but I'm fairly certain that's why most people idle all day.

Mystil
Aug 6, 2012, 04:31 PM
Heh I guess raising 50 mags from the old PSOs made me numb to this.

Matter of fact:

Uh oh, I may just start my mag farm again hehe.

Macman
Aug 6, 2012, 05:56 PM
Heh I guess raising 50 mags from the old PSOs made me numb to this.

Matter of fact:

Uh oh, I may just start my mag farm again hehe.

But you can't trade'em. :/

CultOfPersonality
Aug 6, 2012, 06:10 PM
Umm, pardon my squirley ignorance, but what's IT it mean? -_-

Mystil
Aug 7, 2012, 06:59 AM
But you can't trade'em. :/

Oh it's not to trade them, just something to do for fun :>

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 07:52 AM
Going for 150 TECH and 50 Ability.

Currently at 80 TECH and 50 Ability.

It's a horrendous slog but I didn't expect it to be easy. That 70 remaining TECH is not going to raise itself.

Saffran
Aug 7, 2012, 01:55 PM
Mags stop at level 150 for all we know. Sorry 'bout that.

As for the OP, what I did was wait until the shop had 4* items and buy en masse. (well, I bought like 28 of them). 2 items are one level, so leveling up the mag goes rather fast.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 7, 2012, 01:56 PM
I just play and feed as I go, went up 25 levels the day
Doesn't seem to take so long when you don't think about it.