PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Dualbird12
Aug 6, 2012, 02:32 PM
My game patched successfully then it opened up did the gameguard thing also successfully then when that went away nothing happened.
I waited about 5 min then opened the game back up.
Only this time the game opened up and started with the sega screen, some nvidia or something like that screen, then it started playing some AMAZING looking cinematic. Only thing is as soon as the cinematic stopped the game window closed and so did gameguard.
I opened the game a 3rd time and it did the same thing right after the cinematic the game closed.

Does anyone know how I can fix this??

Marly
Aug 6, 2012, 02:38 PM
Delete your System 32 folder.

Deviruki
Aug 6, 2012, 02:39 PM
If you're smart don't do that. ^

Dualbird12
Aug 6, 2012, 02:52 PM
I'd rather not delete anything that I need and I'm guessing I need that system 32 folder.
Any other ideas??

Kanivakil
Aug 6, 2012, 03:00 PM
I'd rather not delete anything that I need and I'm guessing I need that system 32 folder.
Any other ideas??

I wish I can help you. Perhaps you can give details on your system.

Ana-Chan
Aug 6, 2012, 03:04 PM
Considering System32 is the major part of Windows, then yes, you need it.

Anyway, if no error occured, then I'm not sure. This could be gameguard itself closing the game window because it detected something problematic. It could be that the patch for pso2.exe had problems.
The two things that I would suggest is try doing a file check, and if that doesn't help, start closing down some other tasks on the system that you may not need. Also try disabling your anti-virus. With how intrusive some of those are, it may be causing gg to detect an intrusion. Although please remember, I'm not saying you should shut down your anti-virus permenantly, just to test if it causes PSO2 to close.

Sizustar
Aug 6, 2012, 03:12 PM
System spec?
Update graphic driver, update window, etc.

Ryo
Aug 6, 2012, 03:13 PM
There's a technical support forum. This post should be moved there.

Also, switch your shaders to normal. Your video card likely can't handle the shader setting you set. A lot of folks had this problem during beta.

Dualbird12
Aug 6, 2012, 10:22 PM
All options have been set to absolute minimum, Firewall and anti-virus have been shut off temporarily, and I've done a files check.
All these things did not fix the problem unfortunately.
As for my system specs my graphics card is the only thing that's below the min requirements.
Only thing is when my graphics card isn't good enough to play something it will tell me when I open the game up but since my game is opening and playing the opening scene that says to me that the game should actually run.

As a last resort should I try to uninstall and reinstall the game or since I've tried so much already do you guys think it's just not going to work??

kkow
Aug 6, 2012, 10:36 PM
update drivers and make absolute certain that nothing is forcing it to close down ie av or suspicious programs getting caught in gameguard

Dualbird12
Aug 6, 2012, 11:50 PM
To try to add something useful, have you tried a file integrity check? One of the options in the launchers will check every file to make sure it's right.

Yes I tried this earlier.
I guess all the files are good
(I don't speak a word of japanese so I'm just guessing my way through everything). I looked up some guides earlier to make sure I was setting all my settings correctly and it turned out I was doing some of them too high when I needed them the lowest they can go.
I set everything to lowest and it's still closing on me.

Oh and all of my drivers are up to date and I'm now 100% sure nothing is blocking my gameguard and causing it to close the game.

Worst case I can't get it to work and I have to wait until the game releases in the US next year. I should have a better computer by then.