PDA

View Full Version : Did they remove the Chat Filter?

PKS
Aug 6, 2012, 03:35 PM
Can't seem to find it anymore.

Halcyote
Aug 6, 2012, 03:36 PM
yes

much to everyone's dismay.

maybe they did it because of the majority of the block 20 trash who like to spout racist shit.

Coatl
Aug 6, 2012, 03:38 PM
yes

maybe they did it because of the majority of the block 20 trash who like to spout racist shit.

It wouldn't be block 20 if they didn't.

Ryo
Aug 6, 2012, 03:38 PM
Wait, did they remove the ability to turn it off, or is it permanently turned off? I haven't been on much lately.

Hrith
Aug 6, 2012, 03:45 PM
Former. It's really annoying... I really doubt Westerners have anything to do with SEGA's decision, they must have been forced to remove the option by some parents' association, I'm sure.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 6, 2012, 04:04 PM
...There was an option to turn it off?

Zyrusticae
Aug 6, 2012, 04:05 PM

Yeah, what? That's news to me...

PKS
Aug 6, 2012, 04:06 PM

During the closed beta you could've turned it off. And I was happy for it. Now it looks like that I'm back on here it's gone completely.

Quatre52
Aug 6, 2012, 04:26 PM
yes

Sega changed something, lets blame block 20!

Bpwner
Aug 6, 2012, 04:29 PM
Not only does it miss many permutations of words such as past-tense transitive verbs, but it filters things that only a six year old would consider profanity. Oh well, at least we can say "basement" now. I get the feeling the option was removed once they realized how many Westerners were on the servers.

Hrith
Aug 6, 2012, 04:42 PM
You cannot say 'bite' (French swear word) -_-;

Inazuma
Aug 6, 2012, 04:43 PM
So now instead of typing fu.ck, we can cut the bullshit and just type normally. Good riddance to a useless system.

Good job, Sega. Now let me change prices on items in my shop!

*edit*

Wait, so there was an option to disable the chat filter and now that option has been removed? I had no idea it even existed. And now we have to go back to putting periods in our words so we can communicate properly? Bullshit. Stupid loopholes. Censorship really pisses me off.

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 04:47 PM

Or toss!

But at least they fixed the FROZEN S******.

Amherst_Wind
Aug 6, 2012, 05:21 PM
Just a thought but has anyone tried changing SmutFliter to False in User.pso2?
I would but... I'm feeling lazy right now.

EvilMag
Aug 6, 2012, 05:25 PM

lol reminds me of Pokemon Black and White where I can't trade a non nickname Gabite to the GTS. You fucked up Nintendo.

Polly
Aug 6, 2012, 05:25 PM
Just a thought but has anyone tried changing SmutFliter to False in User.pso2?
I would but... I'm feeling lazy right now.

I tried it and it doesn't seem to do anything. I think a friend of mine mentioned that they disabled that in the Beta stage of testing, but it worked in at least the 2nd Alpha?

Halcyote
Aug 6, 2012, 05:28 PM
Sega changed something, lets blame block 20!

it's easy to blame all the world's problems on block 20/21, really.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 05:34 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24531305.jpg

Polly
Aug 6, 2012, 05:34 PM
it's easy to blame all the world's problems on block 20/21, really.

Does it have to be the world's problems? What about little problems? For instance, I overcooked my steak JUST A TINY BIT just now. A bit bummed, wanna blame somebody. :(

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 05:37 PM
Does it have to be the world's problems? What about little problems? For instance, I overcooked my steak JUST A TINY BIT just now. A bit bummed, wanna blame somebody. :(

Block 20 has 99 problems, but your steak ain't one.

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 05:38 PM

Oh, oh this is a keeper.

Halcyote
Aug 6, 2012, 05:39 PM

sounds like block 20 is perfect for that!

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 05:42 PM
Oh, oh this is a keeper.

I wish someone would make a symbol art of this guy and just have "Block 20" instead of "Aliens" between his hands.

NPCs have been moved? Block 20.

You got randomly disconnected and you don't know why? Block 20.

Someone is casting Resta in the lobby you say? Block 20.

Your character is standing behind the glass? Block 20.

The price of that new outfit you want is too expensive? Block 20.

The list goes on and on, lol.

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 05:43 PM
I wish someone would make a symbol art of this guy and just have "Block 20" instead of "Aliens" between his hands.

NPCs have been moved? Block 20.

You got randomly disconnected and you don't know why? Block 20.

Someone is casting Resta in the lobby you say? Block 20.

Your character is standing behind the glass? Block 20.

The price of that new outfit you want is too expensive? Block 20.

The list goes on and on, lol.

Boss drops 20 items and they're all meseta? Block 20

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 05:45 PM
Boss drops 20 items and they're all meseta? Block 20

Argh! Don't even remind me, lol. I hate taking the time to break all that shit on a boss (especially Varder) just to see all of my loot be meseta.

Can't get a rare to save your fucking life? Block 20.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner now for being a citizen of Block 20 :|

Macman
Aug 6, 2012, 05:49 PM
Excuse me while I go cry in a corner now for being a citizen of Block 20 :|
All it takes is just a little trip to the transporter to solve that problem. :wacko:

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 05:50 PM
I haven't been to block 20 in a while, usually only go for emergency events now. Too many people in the lobby for my poor computer.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 05:52 PM
All it takes is just a little trip to the transporter to solve that problem. :wacko:

You can leave your home too. All it takes is you walking out the front door :wacko:

Macman
Aug 6, 2012, 05:55 PM
But I like my home, it's not full of griefers and obnoxious kids. :(

UnLucky
Aug 6, 2012, 06:39 PM
"idiot dildo fart"

censored

"fucking bullshit niggers"

A-OK

GOOD JOB SEGA YOU DID IT

not to mention kanji or kana for baka or various terms for shit are not censored

Kion
Aug 6, 2012, 07:03 PM

Not sure why everyone hates block 20 so much? I'm there all of the time..... oh.

But as for the language filter. Yeah, change smutfilter in user.pso2 to either true or false depending on if you want it or not.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 07:05 PM
Not sure why everyone hates block 20 so much? I'm there all of the time..... oh.

But as for the language filter. Yeah, change smutfilter in user.pso2 to either true or false depending on if you want it or not.

I don't really hate it per se. I'm on that block 99% of the time, but I'm not going to try and pretend shit don't go down, lol.

Inazuma
Aug 6, 2012, 07:19 PM

Does this work in the current version of the game?

Zeota
Aug 6, 2012, 07:34 PM
Tried that myself once. Ineffective.

It's more of a nuisance than anything else since it does block a number of legitimate words. Could still be PSO's wonky-as-cardinal-sin profanity filter.

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 08:40 PM
You can just use context to figure out most words honestly.

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2012, 09:02 PM
You can just use context to figure out most words honestly."Brb, I want to go grab a !@$^#$^".

UnLucky
Aug 6, 2012, 09:02 PM
"Oh crap I'm an idiot"

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 10:46 PM
"Man, I wish I had as much meseta as you do to just @$*& around"

It's just toss, Sega. Why? Why, Sega? Why?

You turn a totally innocent conversation into something awkward :|

Sirius-91
Aug 6, 2012, 11:03 PM
Explain why we can't say "dios," "feat" and "pork"

DemonMike
Aug 6, 2012, 11:08 PM

Because Block 20.

Sirius-91
Aug 6, 2012, 11:13 PM
Because Block 20.

DAMN YOU V3, err I mean. DAMN YOU BLOCK 20.

BIG OLAF
Aug 6, 2012, 11:15 PM
In PSU, you couldn't say "help" for like the first five(?) years of the game. Figure that out.

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 12:12 AM
"Man, I wish I had as much meseta as you do to just @$*& around"

It's just toss, Sega. Why? Why, Sega? Why?

You turn a totally innocent conversation into something awkward :|

ya bloody tosser!

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 12:15 AM
In PSU, you couldn't say "help" for like the first five(?) years of the game. Figure that out.

"Halp" is the only one people know. That's probably why.

goldwing
Aug 7, 2012, 12:19 AM
Block 20 has 99 problems, but your steak ain't one.

Lmbo classy.

Im kinda sad that they did this tho i mean i cant say crap now? WHAT KINDA **** IS THAT????

10011408V3.9
Aug 7, 2012, 12:26 AM
I'm not too concerned with this since I've gotten into the habit of using grawlix (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SymbolSwearing?from=Main.Grawlix) as a go-to for all-purpose swearing.

Though, it is nice to have an unofficial scapegoat for the commu....*looks up at the block number for his area* Okay.jpg

*joins Saber in the corner*

FerrPSO
Aug 7, 2012, 06:39 AM

The people that is playing in block 20 are fine and I had no never any problem in any party.

Is some people on the lobby that screw the entire block, not just the hackers, but also the spammers (especially the people spamming symbol arts of dicks and pussies).

Zeota
Aug 7, 2012, 07:23 AM

"Pork" is British slang for having sex I believe. Dios is the Spanish word often used to refer to the Christian God though I don't see why this would merit being censored. As for feat.... you got me.

Kyril
Aug 7, 2012, 09:14 AM
"Pork" is British slang for having sex I believe. Dios is the Spanish word often used to refer to the Christian God though I don't see why this would merit being censored. As for feat.... you got me.

That's true porking and porked are used as well. Some games do have weird filters though i think in LoL you can't say pot.

Gama
Aug 7, 2012, 01:23 PM
lol theres allot of words censored, matar mata moro are the ones i found to be censored in my language. pretty weird...

zemog
Aug 7, 2012, 01:25 PM
I saw open swearing the other day, was a bit surprised.