PDA

View Full Version : to all of the Team emblem theifs out there...

sanjirosan
Aug 6, 2012, 04:37 PM
I realize that you think it is silly to troll people, and that it is fine cause there is no way yet for people to lock there creations, but it is just sad, if you want to use somebodies work, just ask them, and be respectful, don't be a 5 year old and tell them to there face that you and your friends spent days making it, and there act like you do not even know that somebody else made it. Have some respect for the artist that made the work, and to all of you "boo hoo, cry more" people, how would you actually feel if somebody took something you worked really hard on, and passed it off as there own? actually dumb question you would just stick to your ways and say your fine with it.

that is the end of my rant, sorry for complaining

Dinosaur
Aug 6, 2012, 04:44 PM
this place gets better and better every time

Kanore
Aug 6, 2012, 04:47 PM
and to all of you "boo hoo, cry more" people, how would you actually feel if somebody took something you worked really hard on, and passed it off as there own?

i'd say i guess i should've thought about releasing my piece before i put it on a game with a mechanic that literally allows you to take someone else's work, save it and use it

ashley50
Aug 6, 2012, 04:49 PM
What's a Theif?

MissMalice
Aug 6, 2012, 04:50 PM
What's a Theif?

Singular of "theifs".

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 04:51 PM
but...you knew it was possible

how did you not expect it

NoiseHERO
Aug 6, 2012, 04:58 PM
Apparently theres no unwritten rule against being an art theif, but oh well. Personally though, when I make symbol arts or team emblems it's usually only something me and my teammates would understand.

My one friend did make that Finn symbol art that surprisingly exploded across all of block 20 without him being credit'd, though. But he said he didn't care... D:

Mystil
Aug 6, 2012, 04:58 PM
this place gets better and better every time

Have fun reading the archive threads of the past if you really want to see some funny immature bullshit. :)

FlameOfYagami
Aug 6, 2012, 05:00 PM
Funny how PSO actually had the option to "lock" your work yet PSO2 doesn't have this option? How silly xD

Dinosaur
Aug 6, 2012, 05:01 PM
Have fun reading the archive threads of the past if you really want to see some funny immature bullshit. :)

naw can't get better than this

only until people actually know what they're talking about

ps: no one knows what they're talking about

The Walrus
Aug 6, 2012, 05:06 PM
I realize that you think it is silly to troll people, and that it is fine cause there is no way yet for people to lock there creations, but it is just sad, if you want to use somebodies work, just ask them, and be respectful, don't be a 5 year old and tell them to there face that you and your friends spent days making it, and there act like you do not even know that somebody else made it. Have some respect for the artist that made the work, and to all of you "boo hoo, cry more" people, how would you actually feel if somebody took something you worked really hard on, and passed it off as there own? actually dumb question you would just stick to your ways and say your fine with it.

that is the end of my rant, sorry for complaining

http://i49.tinypic.com/igezwy.jpg

_knot_
Aug 6, 2012, 05:09 PM
PSO2 doesn't have a Theif class.

sanjirosan
Aug 6, 2012, 05:09 PM
well see, I am on ship 10, and I run the S T A R S team there, so I went and made a S.T.A.R.S. badge, well apparently a team that I can only assume originated for /v/ called /v/idya (something or other) chose to take it and use it as there team emblem as well, I would have been fine with it, but when I ask a member who there team leader what, they told me it was them, so I asked them if they knew it was me that made the emblem they were using, and thanks to a bunch of other people spouting 4chan board nonsense I got the reply that them and there friends made it, and then the reply of, they did not even know they could make an emblem on there own, then it was a free for all and ended with saying that it is not a big deal, and they could take it if they wanted. Granted this is true, but credit where credit is due, and at this point it makes me sick to know that somebody like that is using my work and passing it off as there own

lopal
Aug 6, 2012, 05:18 PM
Singular of "theifs".

Amen.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the internet, where people steal other people's work to claim as their own when no sort of copyright has been filed on said work. People have been stealing symbol art since day one. What made you think team emblems would have been any different?

I'm not saying I condone it, but come on... you really surprised?

hbmizzle10
Aug 6, 2012, 05:31 PM
unfortunatly i have to agree with them you're taking it way to seriously

Halcyote
Aug 6, 2012, 05:31 PM
team emblem thieving has been going on since ragnarok online

it'd pay for people to be original but who cares since the internet has developed a world wide culture of convenience and non-accountability.

Macman
Aug 6, 2012, 05:41 PM
DeviantArt: The thread.

Original team emblem donut steel

NoiseHERO
Aug 6, 2012, 05:46 PM
I'm gonna creative commons all my team emblems

AND WATERMARK THEM

MissMalice
Aug 6, 2012, 05:50 PM

AND WATERMARK THEM

I'm probably the only here who gets that reference.
That makes me a sad owl.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 05:50 PM

AND WATERMARK THEM

Lol

"You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform your work ----- and derivative works based upon it ----- but for noncommercial purposes only."

I know all about the CC. I use it for the music I make.

Iduno
Aug 6, 2012, 06:26 PM
If I'm right in my assumption I saw this kicking off on B20 ship 10 today.

It sounds just as dumb here as it did there, except at least there an argument happened naturally between two parties whilst here the butthurt is just being dragged elsewhere.

Ueno54
Aug 6, 2012, 06:28 PM
I think they should make a premium feature to lock your works. Only 4500 points.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 6, 2012, 07:01 PM
I think they should make a premium feature to lock your works. Only 4500 points.

Hell no. Better idea. Premium exclusive emblems you can use.

That way they will be like our avatars on this site. If someone else is using it, big deal.

Kanore
Aug 6, 2012, 07:41 PM
if someone stole my signature i would be pissed it is a work of art