PDA

View Full Version : Any non-Japanese residents still able to purchase AC?

iwerkout
Aug 7, 2012, 03:36 AM
On 08/03/2012 Sega took out all the charges that I have put on my account and now I am unable to purchase AC anymore.

Anyone else noticing the same thing?
Check your bank statements, do they say 08/03/2012 as well?
Are you still able to purchase AC? (Try if you wish.)

If most people are in the same boat, I'm wondering why they blocked all non-Japanese credit cards?

sugarFO
Aug 7, 2012, 03:46 AM
I have been able to purchase 500AC, but I have not yet tried to buy any higher amounts at a time yet. I will try it sometime and see. ^^

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 03:53 AM
I can still purchase AC ^^

They probably blocked non-JP cards because they're non-JP?

▲➌〇N
Aug 7, 2012, 04:02 AM
my card doesnt seem to work at all for pso2 but it worked for psu jp, i just ended up useing webmoney insted

iwerkout
Aug 7, 2012, 04:07 AM
I can still purchase AC ^^

They probably blocked non-JP cards because they're non-JP?

I just don't understand why though. The transactions went through, they got my money, so why would they block it?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 04:08 AM
Because the delay in the billing or the heavy number of foreign transactions got alarm bells ringing?

And I doubt addressing this issue is high on Sega's priority list right now.

iwerkout
Aug 7, 2012, 04:11 AM
Because the delay in the billing or the heavy number of foreign transactions got alarm bells ringing?

And I doubt addressing this issue is high on Sega's priority list right now.

What alarm bells?
"Oh sh**, we getting too much money dog."
"BETTER SOUND THE WE'RE-TOO-DAMN-RICH ALARM"
"Quick! Block some foriegn bank accounts, we don't need their dirty moneys!"
"Hell ya dog!"
*presses ultimate button of money blockage*
...BOOM!
3. ???
4. Profit. Wait no, NO profit.

(._.' ) Where's the logic...

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 04:14 AM
the heavy number of foreign transactions for a domestic release game.

Sizustar
Aug 7, 2012, 04:33 AM
the heavy number of foreign transactions for a domestic release game.

Not all Japanese gamer lives in Japan, quite a few of them could be nissei,
Sansei or yonsei.
And also not counting the number of students or people working oversea, but are Japanese citizen.

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 7, 2012, 04:34 AM
A buddy of mine had problems buying 3000 AC but when they tried 500 AC it worked fine.

No clue.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 04:39 AM
Not all Japanese gamer lives in Japan, quite a few of them could be nissei,
Sansei or yonsei.
And also not counting the number of students or people working oversea, but are Japanese citizen.

How are those foreign transactions? Unless for some reason your 'Japanese citizen' doesn't hold a Japanese bank account or credit card...

▲➌〇N
Aug 7, 2012, 04:42 AM
i tryed 3000 didnt work maybe ill try 500 when i get home see if that works

Sizustar
Aug 7, 2012, 04:45 AM
How are those foreign transactions? Unless for some reason your 'Japanese citizen' doesn't hold a Japanese bank account or credit card...

When you're living out of your country, you generally use the bank and credit card sytem of said country, as the currency exchange fee adds up rather quickly if your use your own country issue bank card

Squall179
Aug 7, 2012, 04:51 AM
But if the company you were buying from was say....back in your homeland, wouldn't you use a bank already there, just to make it work more readily?

NoiseHERO
Aug 7, 2012, 04:57 AM
They're not blocking foreign money, now are they? @_@

I still wanted to buy another 1000-1500 AC, for sure...

Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 04:58 AM
When you're living out of your country, you generally use the bank and credit card sytem of said country, as the currency exchange fee adds up rather quickly if your use your own country issue bank card

Well if they're using foreign means of payment then they count as a foreign transaction, what does being 2nd or 3rd generation Japanese have to do with anything?

They're not blocking foreign money, now are they? @_@

American money is dirty money, didn't you hear?
Seems like you can't use foreign credit cards anymore, but you can still buy Webmoney or something from Sutocorp, etc.

Arika
Aug 7, 2012, 05:28 AM
Anyway, I just tested it out, and it seem my Amex card still purchase AC fine. altho I didn't buy much since I just went for testing.

On 08/03/2012 Sega took out all the charges that I have put on my account and now I am unable to purchase AC anymore.

An user named midori had that problem since a month ago, and then he fix the problem when he change it to another credit card which is Amex. may be something is special with American express.

@Lina, when you says you can still purchase AC, you meant with credit card or with WM?

Brindizer
Aug 7, 2012, 05:35 AM
From my experience, you can buy as much as you want with a bank card as long as it's in 500 AC increments. I was able to charge enough for 3000 AC.

... You know, on six attempts. Luckily you can save your info so it's not all THAT tedious.

If you live in the US, 500 yen is $6.41.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 05:45 AM
Anyway, I just tested it out, and it seem my Amex card still purchase AC fine. altho I didn't buy much since I just went for testing.

An user named midori had that problem since a month ago, and then he fix the problem when he change it to another credit card which is Amex. may be something is special with American express.

@Lina, when you says you can still purchase AC, you meant with credit card or with WM?

CC, and if you wanna test you need to do at least 1000 AC, cause that's where people are having problems.

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 05:47 AM
And you guys would rather sit on PSO-W and have an endless dialogue as to why your credit cards are going wack. why you can't purchase AC, or why you're getting randomly banned without being able to find out why...instead of just going on the US/EU servers?

Sizustar
Aug 7, 2012, 05:55 AM
And you guys would rather sit on PSO-W and have an endless dialogue as to why your credit cards are going wack. why you can't purchase AC, or why you're getting randomly banned without being able to find out why...instead of just going on the US/EU servers?

There isn't an US/EU server yet, so your point is moot.
And SoA hasn't had a great history of bringing stuff over to the US side, from what I hear.
And why should I try to connect to a server that is further away, when I'm close to the Japanese server?

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 06:03 AM
There isn't an US/EU server yet, so your point is moot.
And SoA hasn't had a great history of bringing stuff over to the US side, from what I hear.
And why should I try to connect to a server that is further away, when I'm close to the Japanese server?The point is not moot when a large majority of PSO-W has expressed they have no plans to switch.

I hear that SoJ has a non-existent history of supporting US/EU servers.

Also, if the Japanese server is any indication, distance to the US/EU server will mean little difference to you latency wise. Even from the US, players are feeling practically 0 latency from the JP server, so if we're going to talk moot points...

Arika
Aug 7, 2012, 06:41 AM
CC, and if you wanna test you need to do at least 1000 AC, cause that's where people are having problems.

Yup, I did test it on 1000. so I guess I don't have to worry then.

Don't know if this gonna help.
For people who have problem
1. check your birthday that you input in the account, if SEGA detect you are less than 18 year olds, then AC will have limit
2. On CC info, remove the first credit card information and then you can try register it with your 2nd credit card. It should work. and when 2nd one no longer working, can just change back to 1st one. Someone told me it work, but I don't try this myself yet, because I don't have any issue on my card.

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 09:47 AM
previous purchase finally went through, but now i can only buy ac in 500 increments. no big deal really.

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 09:59 AM
Also doesn't work for me above 500 AC. It's a pain in the ass, but at least we can still get some.

Sierhiet
Aug 7, 2012, 10:14 AM
And you guys would rather sit on PSO-W and have an endless dialogue as to why your credit cards are going wack. why you can't purchase AC, or why you're getting randomly banned without being able to find out why...instead of just going on the US/EU servers?Won't be able to change their minds. It is all worth it to them for an earlier opportunity at the game, and avoiding the prospect of an uneven content gap which they're certain will happen.

Darki
Aug 7, 2012, 10:24 AM

Considering SEGA's recent history, the risk or being banned for purchasing AC is probably way lower than the risk of the US/EU servers being dissapointingly bad.

Jakosifer
Aug 7, 2012, 10:24 AM
I haven't had any trouble using Visa Gift Cards for it lol.

Arika
Aug 7, 2012, 10:29 AM
I haven't had any trouble using Visa Gift Cards for it lol.

this probably be another good alternative way to go.
Since my friend who used it says it work fine too.

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 10:29 AM
Considering SEGA's recent history, the risk or being banned for purchasing AC is probably way lower than the risk of the US/EU servers being dissapointingly bad.That actually doesn't sound reasonable at all to me.

First...to be in my frame of mind you'd have to believe that the service will be at its worst, average. At its best I think they will turn a new leaf on this very important flagship title.

Sierhiet
Aug 7, 2012, 10:44 AM
Considering SEGA's recent history, the risk or being banned for purchasing AC is probably way lower than the risk of the US/EU servers being dissapointingly bad.

I think you all are grasping for straws at this point. The overall issue here is that the trouble your all going through simply to play on these servers you deem superior (in comparison to servers and a service which has yet to see the light of day) does not seem to vindicate your reasons for doing so.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 10:46 AM
When I realized my credit card (debit card actually) couldn't work on isao any more, I took my business elsewhere. I'm going the Webmoney route and using CN-USA instead. I would use SuTocorp or whatever it's called, but I really don't feel comfortable about sending them a photo ID even with most of the stuff blacked out.

CN-USA Webmoney Point Cards (http://www.cn-usa.com/?cmd=buy&loc=193646)

Polly
Aug 7, 2012, 10:47 AM
I think you all are grasping for straws at this point. The overall issue here is that the trouble your all going through simply to play on these servers you deem superior (in comparison to servers and a service which has yet to see the light of day) does not seem to vindicate your reasons for doing so.

"My money, my time" is all the reason I or most anybody else needs to vindicate any reasons for doing anything. Until someone else has control over that and can change others' behavior and interests, ohhhhh well, they can take a long walk off a short pier.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 10:47 AM
Did you even try the 500 AC method? Because paying a fee on top of already pricy purchases is kind of...bleh.

edit: Vindicate? Are you high? Why would they ever need to vindicate their actions? They can rent a birthday clown to keep them company every day of the god damn year and it'd be none of your concern.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 10:51 AM
Did you even try the 500 AC method? Because paying a fee on top of already pricy purchases is kind of...bleh.

edit: Vindicate? Are you high? Why would they ever need to vindicate their actions? They can rent a birthday clown to keep them company every day of the god damn year and it'd be none of your concern.

Are you addressing me? If so, no, I did not try the 500 AC method because I don't want 7 different statements to pop up on my bank account when I want to buy, say... 3500 AC. That's just a bit troublesome, really.

I'll just pay a little more to keep things nice and tidy. It wasn't a big deal, really. Paypal gave me a smooth transaction. I'll be dealing with this company again in the future for sure~

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 10:52 AM
I'm not at all understanding how that is in any way troublesome, but alright. I guess I did just say you could rent a clown all year and it wouldn't be anyone else's concern.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 10:56 AM
I'm not at all understanding how that is in any way troublesome, but alright. I guess I did just say you could rent a clown all year and it wouldn't be anyone else's concern.

Well, I like to keep things in a nice orderly fashion. Having 7 statements as opposed to say... 1 is rather annoying to keep up with. I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes their statements organized well, lol.

Inazuma
Aug 7, 2012, 11:34 AM
On 08/06/2012 I used my American Express credit card to purchase 10,000 yen AC. It went through without any trouble. If your bank is blocking the charge, call them and ask them to allow it.

It's normal for credit card companies to monitor your usage and automatically block any charge that is unusual for you, foreign or not. From their point of view, it looks like your card was stolen.

Crysteon
Aug 7, 2012, 12:07 PM
Eh...yeah, starting this month, after getting charged for July's spendings, I wasnt able to buy more than 500 AC in a single transaction. Guess I will have to switch to Baka Gaijin Express!! (nah, not really, lol)

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 7, 2012, 12:12 PM
For some reason, I can't even buy 500 AC, even though the transaction finally went through.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 12:32 PM
I like how people bring up the US vs JP split even in a largely unrelated thread like this one.

On-topic: I haven't tried buying AC yet since I used webmoney for my previous transactions, but if the 500 AC bit works I'll give it a shot...

.Jack
Aug 7, 2012, 12:51 PM
On 08/06/2012 I used my American Express credit card to purchase 10,000 yen AC. It went through without any trouble.

I use an AMEX as well and have bought AC multiple times different amounts without any issue. You can get a free prepaid one off their website.

IceBlink
Aug 7, 2012, 01:02 PM
I've been able to buy 500AC per transaction with my credit card which could previously get more. The number of individual transaction does seem a bit messy. I might have to phone my bank and warn them in advance about all these e-payments going to the same place, haha, just in case they decide to block them or something.

Inazuma
Aug 7, 2012, 01:27 PM
I've been able to buy 500AC per transaction with my credit card which could previously get more. The number of individual transaction does seem a bit messy. I might have to phone my bank and warn them in advance about all these e-payments going to the same place, haha, just in case they decide to block them or something.

If you are going to call them, why not ask them to allow larger amounts to go through? You get a small discount if you buy larger amounts of AC.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 01:28 PM
If you are going to call them, why not ask them to allow larger amounts to go through? You get a small discount if you buy larger amounts of AC.

Erm, do you? I thought it was just what you bought with the AC, not the cost of the AC. 1 AC = 1 yen

Inazuma
Aug 7, 2012, 01:43 PM
Erm, do you? I thought it was just what you bought with the AC, not the cost of the AC. 1 AC = 1 yen

500 AC = 500 yen
1000 AC = 1000 yen
3000 AC = 3000 yen
5150 AC = 5000 yen
10300 AC = 10000 yen

So for spending 10k yen, I got a bonus 300 yen's worth of AC. That's like $4 USD. Small but it's better than nothing.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 01:44 PM
Oh okay, yeah I didn't plan on spending nearly that much before, I don't know, six months.

Darki
Aug 7, 2012, 01:54 PM
That actually doesn't sound reasonable at all to me.

First...to be in my frame of mind you'd have to believe that the service will be at its worst, average. At its best I think they will turn a new leaf on this very important flagship title.

What doesn't sound reasonable? For me, it's very reasonable to think that they're going to act pretty much like they've been doing for the last 10 years. I'm sorry, I am usually an optimist, but my optimism has a limit.

In the other hand, you're considering that the company is going to "be good this time" just because it's the new "very important flagship title", but it was a very important flagship title the previous major game, and that didn't make them to "turn a new leaf".

Also, the point here is that the US/EU server is not on yet. People don't need to wait for the server when there is one already running, and these people are willing to face the trouble of going to a foreign server. When the US server is up and we can compare services, we can talk long and clear about it. Now our only option is to play in the JP server, or not play at all. I don't lose anything in playing the game now.

You keep talking about an "effort", but I don't see what you talk about. To play in the JP servers, you just need to download it, register and play. To buy AC, it might take around 10 more minutes to get a working WM account in a page like CN-USA, but you do it and done.

The language barrier might be an issue, but there's a patch that takes 5 minutes to set. There's an english community. The story might be a thing, but you know, out of the hundreds or even thousands of hours that you're going to dedicate to the game, what's the time you'd dedicate to the story? A couple dozens? Doesn't sound that much of an issue to me. Also, there's an english community that you can socialize with. Of course is not a whole game of english players, but it seems enough for me, and considering the "example" we have, I prefer a server full of asians that don't make much noise as a background too. For the report issue... Well, that is an inconvenience, but you can always find help to deal with that. Or are you planning to report things twice per week? :/

The only real problem that I see is the fact that setting a WM account costs you an extra bit of money. That problem depends on how much of a power buyer you are, in my case I won't spend more than 3000 AC a month (and I'm guessing high, I've been playing for almost 2 months and I spent only 1000 AC for now). Some other people might face the issue of losing a lot of money that could go to more AC...

... but what can I say? it depends on the individual player. For me that's not an issue. If I have to invest a couple extra euros a month to play 8 months before the US/EU release, I'll be happy doing it. And if the US/EU server turns to be as bad as most people here thinks is going to be, I'll consider it the cost of playing in a good server.

Xaeris
Aug 7, 2012, 01:54 PM

We did this in the other thread. Sega's history in maintaining US servers was painstakingly described to you, complete with examples, and you were unable to counter, even admitting that the JP servers provided a better experience.

Quit it.

IceBlink
Aug 7, 2012, 02:08 PM

My bank doesn't have any record of blocking anything at the moment. From what I can tell and from other posters who can buy 500AC per transaction but no higher, it's the payment company Sega put in charge of AC purchases who are, for whatever reason, blocking certain cards from making any purchases higher than 500AC/yen.

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 02:32 PM
the payment company Sega put in charge of AC purchases who are, for whatever reason, blocking certain cards from making any purchases higher than 500AC/yen.

yup, called my cc/bank just to be sure. tried multiple cards, no luck. i might try the visa giftcards other people seem to have had success with.

Sierhiet
Aug 7, 2012, 03:01 PM
We did this in the other thread. Sega's history in maintaining US servers was painstakingly described to you, complete with examples, and you were unable to counter, even admitting that the JP servers provided a better experience.

Quit it.

My comment was not meant to escalate into another debate, and I don't want to derail this thread, which is why I've remained silent. However for the record, I'm pretty sure I agreed it simply came down to the person. My agreement was that, if you where Japanese, knew the Japanese language, and or lived in Japan, the servers where in fact better for you. The discussion barreled into some people thinking their personal tastes where being attacked, which was not what I was demonstrating.

You can jump hurdles, dive hoops, and do back flips for the service you so choose. If that's what makes you happy, that is your prerogative and no one else's business but your's. The issues that Mr. Darki mentioned are major problems for me, but in his opinion, tolerable. That's fine. Counter? I'm not arguing anymore with people whom have "strong personal taste". But from a personal standpoint, anyone who made a personal decision to opt out of the US/EU release for "better service" seems silly to me in light of the difficulties some of you have come to face as of today. If you are an English speaking player playing on the JP servers, service for you is not bad, not good, but nonexistent. Your simply on board for the JP ride. If something happens with your service, you've no one to contact because no one will understand you and vice versa. And then if that happens, no one can be blamed but yourself. Your foreign cards are being denied, placing you in a position to have to use Webmoney with an increased exchange rate. You are paying more or nothing at all and being denied premium content. The language barrier? Rectify that with a patch which arguably puts you at risk for banning. You potentially get banned for that, or because of the "move hackers" running rampant. Cycle starts over. Ect. If your fine with this for the updates and earlier game, then go for it. To me, this list outweigh's the potential "poorly timed updates" situation on the US/EU significantly.

I personally am not OK with any of that, and would rather wait for a localized version in my language which I can experience straight through story and all, transaction system intact paying what I'm supposed to, no risk of banning because I'm on the servers allocated for my region, or having to tamper with a foreign client with a patch that will enable me to play my favorite game. And if we get a situation similar to the what Japan is experiencing, I can call the ladies and gents' up and get it sorted out with people who speak my language.

tl;dr: OPINION An English player on JP servers is dealing with more problems then he would if he where to play on his native server. Track record of updates considered. So I'll wait.

Inazuma
Aug 7, 2012, 03:42 PM
tl;dr: OPINION An English player on JP servers is dealing with more problems then he would if he where to play on his native server. Track record of updates considered. So I'll wait.

If you would rather play on the USA/EUR version for the reasons you mentioned, that's up to you. I can understand you not wanting to deal with some extra hassles related to playing a foreign game.

Opinions aside, Japanese Phantasy Star games have been vastly superior to the English versions. More content, better support, better playerbase, less hacking/cheating/rude players. If history repeats itself, the same thing will happen with PSO2.

If you don't want to put forth the time and effort to learn some Japanese, I get it. It's a lot to ask just to be able to fully enjoy a superior version of a video game. If you can tolerate all of the negative aspects of the English version, you might find yourself content with playing an inferior version.

I guess it just comes down to how important Phantasy Star is to you. If you want the best experience, you won't hesitate to jump through those hoops. I believe it's worth the extra effort.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 03:43 PM
You can jump hurdles, dive hoops, and do back flips for the service you so choose. If that's what makes you happy, that is your prerogative and no one else's business but your's.

Exactly. It's our business if we wish to jump through hoops (since when is taking 10 minutes, if that, to get some Webmoney and download+install the FREE game considered "jumping through hoops" ?) and do backflips for the service. Some of the effort put towards getting everything to work properly may not make us happy, sure, but playing the game does.

But from a personal standpoint, anyone who made a personal decision to opt out of the US/EU release for "better service" seems silly to me in light of the difficulties some of you have come to face as of today. If you are an English speaking player playing on the JP servers, service for you is not bad, not good, but nonexistent.

From my personal standpoint, I believe it's silly to wait if you have the option to play it right now. It's not as if there's an I.P. lock preventing us from playing, so why not play? (Curse you Gamepot and Wizardy Online *shakefist*). I mean, think about it... if you understand Japanese even a little bit, you can navigate through this game fairly easily.

Sure, you'll probably be lost on the story, but eh... that's a personal thing, really. I don't play online games for story anyway, so it doesn't bother me one way or another. The difficulties you speak of are far greater than you are making them out to be, I'd say. The biggest "difficulty" we have right now is some of us having to use an alternate method in order to purchase AC.

Outside of that, we're having to wait X amount of time for maintenance (but then again, so are some Japanese players as well... I only say some because when SoJ performs maintenance is usually when most JP players are offline anyway). Again, I don't see there being that big of a problem for us to concern ourselves with. As for the service issue, it does exist.

Your simply on board for the JP ride. If something happens with your service, you've no one to contact because no one will understand you and vice versa. And then if that happens, no one can be blamed but yourself.

Please don't assume that all of us are incapable of getting service. Basically, the people who do understand Japanese will have no problems writing customer service to inquire about an issue with their account and the ones who don't will seek help from those that do to put together an e-mail for them to send anyway. Soooo... where's the problem again?

Your foreign cards are being denied, placing you in a position to have to use Webmoney with an increased exchange rate. You are paying more or nothing at all and being denied premium content.

If you really want AC, it's better to use Webmoney than not get any at all, right? I'm sure those that are using Webmoney don't have a problem paying the difference. Take me for example. Since isao isn't accepting my credit card any more, I had to get my AC by using CN-USA.

When I purchased AC directly through isao with my credit card, I paid $12.80 for 1,000 AC. When using CN-USA, it was a little over $16. Oh well. I'm not going to cry a river over that little of a difference. Honestly, I doubt many would.

The language barrier? Rectify that with a patch which arguably puts you at risk for banning.

Yes and no.

Yes = If you blatantly claim to have modified your files in a lobby so people can screenshot it and report you for doing so, then sure. You may have a chance of being banned.

No = The patch only changes stuff on the client side, so anything you see is for your eyes only, basically. Nobody else can see that your menus are in English, so they have no way of proving or disproving you are using a patch.

Long story short, don't be a moron and you'll be fine.

You potentially get banned for that, or because of the "move hackers" running rampant. Cycle starts over. Ect. If your fine with this for the updates and earlier game, then go for it. To me, this list outweigh's the potential "poorly timed updates" situation on the US/EU significantly.

Again, don't be a moron and you'll be fine. The "move hackers" can only move you if you're randomly afk in the lobby dancing or sitting around for a long period of time. I think most people know by now, this is a bad idea, so the only ones still doing it are ignorant or don't think anything will happen to them.

Most at this point just afk in rooms or simply log out, so this isn't an issue, honestly. Besides, even if they do get banned, it only lasts for 15 days. Yeah, that's a long time without PSO2, but you're not gone for good over something like this, so there's that. If you honestly believe this won't be happening in the NA/EU servers just because you decided to wait, you should reconsider.

Hackers will always be everywhere. So have fun with your NPCs moving along with the "move hackers" and poorly timed updates for waiting.

I personally am not OK with any of that, and would rather wait for a localized version in my language which I can experience straight through story and all, transaction system intact paying what I'm supposed to, no risk of banning because I'm on the servers allocated for my region, or having to tamper with a foreign client with a patch that will enable me to play my favorite game. And if we get a situation similar to the what Japan is experiencing, I can call the ladies and gents' up and get it sorted out with people who speak my language.

See my points above. All of this stuff you're worried about has a solution to it. A fairly simple one at that. Your chances of being banned are about as large as you bowling a 300.

You're overreacting, man. Things really aren't as bad as you make them out to be, honestly. Sure, a lot of people probably paint an ugly picture for us foreign players that play the game, but really... we're not putting a dent in the JP players' experience and we have players "jumping through hoops" just to get Sega to take our money so we can have Premium privileges and whatnot.

So yeah, we're not going anywhere unless they issue an I.P. ban, which I honestly don't see happening. So, go ahead and sit there, trying to justify your 6+ month long wait by complaining about these problems, and we will continue to enjoy the game.

tl;dr: OPINION It's alright if you want to wait for the NA release. I don't have anything against that. I know a few people that are doing that actually. However, what I do have something against are these problems you keep talking about, making them out to be as if they are so huge and you have no way of avoiding them.

What I got out of your statement was:

"You can play on the JP servers right now, but you're not going to enjoy it"

When that couldn't be further from the truth. I posted an answer/solution to all of these problems you claim are such a big deal. It's... really not as bad as you think.

Skye-Fox713
Aug 7, 2012, 03:47 PM
Also doesn't work for me above 500 AC. It's a pain in the ass, but at least we can still get some.

Same here, when I first puchased AC I was able to buy 3000 and 1000. Now I can only buy 500.

Darki
Aug 7, 2012, 03:51 PM

The issue is not the fact that playing in the JP servers means more problems. You have to consider the magnitude of those problems taking the quality of the service in account. And by "service" I don't mean just the communication between the game staff and you, but the whole game itself.

Currently, there's no pros or cons about playing the game in the JP server, because that's the only one that there is. If for you waiting half a year is fine, then good for you, but you wouldn't lose anything by "testing the waters" in the JP server. You know, maybe you'd have enough time to deal with those problems in the time you'll be waiting, and you don't even need to invest money on the game because it's F2P and most of the premium content is buyable in player shops. You can even get rooms and shop tickets with the free FUN points.

When the US/EU servers are out, we'll see if those problems are worth taking in exchange for a better servixce or not. If the US/EU server is as bad as it could be, and you gotta give me that, seeing SEGA's history on this matter is not to be too optimistic about it, maybe it'd be better to stay in the JP servers and consider those "problems" an inconvenience to take for a much better game.

My personal opinion is that for me what seems dumb is not to try the game even in japanese. You don't have anything to lose. Specially you who is intending to play in the US/EU servers, you shouldn't even care about getting banned. If the US/EU servers end being acceptably good, then nobody will have any problem to switch if neccesary.

iwerkout
Aug 7, 2012, 04:26 PM
From my experience, you can buy as much as you want with a bank card as long as it's in 500 AC increments. I was able to charge enough for 3000 AC.

... You know, on six attempts. Luckily you can save your info so it's not all THAT tedious.

If you live in the US, 500 yen is $6.41.

I should try this method.

Yup, I did test it on 1000. so I guess I don't have to worry then.

Don't know if this gonna help.
For people who have problem
1. check your birthday that you input in the account, if SEGA detect you are less than 18 year olds, then AC will have limit
2. On CC info, remove the first credit card information and then you can try register it with your 2nd credit card. It should work. and when 2nd one no longer working, can just change back to 1st one. Someone told me it work, but I don't try this myself yet, because I don't have any issue on my card.

I only have one debit card (unfortunetly?) I don't trust myself with a real credit card and I'm not really a fan of fumbling cards around in my purse everyday. So yeah, I'm only stuck with this one for the time being.

On 08/06/2012 I used my American Express credit card to purchase 10,000 yen AC. It went through without any trouble. If your bank is blocking the charge, call them and ask them to allow it.

It's normal for credit card companies to monitor your usage and automatically block any charge that is unusual for you, foreign or not. From their point of view, it looks like your card was stolen.

Well I just got charged $200+ from Japan all on 08/03/2012 and my bank was totally cool with it. This isn't my issue lol.

I hear the webmoney deal works, but doesn't it cost more or something? -Isn't sure how it goes.-

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 04:27 PM

tl;dr list me the problems I'm dealing with on the jp server

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 04:31 PM
Meh just leave the guy alone. Let him have his english servers and we'll stay on ours. Convenience just simply goes a long way for some people, think apple.

inb4 soj gaijin ipban orz.

Husq
Aug 7, 2012, 05:14 PM
Just tried with my mastercard and it didn't work. I'm not going to try purchasing multiple 500 AC, because I just noticed that barclay have upped the transaction fees for paying in foreign currency, besides I know they will block it, because of multiple purchase in rapid succession at the same shop/retailer.
How many of yous guys used a mastercard and it didn't work? I suspect it is probably just mastercard that has been castrated by sega's bank.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 05:19 PM
Meh just leave the guy alone. Let him have his english servers and we'll stay on ours. Convenience just simply goes a long way for some people, think apple.

inb4 soj gaijin ipban orz.

Maintenance is soon, people will have 5 hours of nothing to do so why not have at it!

Inazuma
Aug 7, 2012, 05:41 PM
Maintenance is soon, people will have 5 hours of nothing to do so why not have at it!

Tuesday evening! Time to exercise and run errands since I'm too busy playing PSO2 the rest of the week.

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 08:21 PM
tl;dr list me the problems I'm dealing with on the jp server

He just did in the exact post you quoted.

Also it seems that SoJ is not even responding to properly JP translated inquiries from banned/obviously foreign accounts. Go ahead and try it yourself, send a ticket in about something pointless just to get a response. Doubt you'll get one.

Obviously me and Seir are talking about when the US/EU servers go live, and as of now the both of us are probably playing JP by default as a result...I thought that would have been obvious.

The point is that you are essentially allowing yourself to be a 2nd class customer just to play content earlier (WHEN THE US/EU VERSION IS OUT). You are allowing yourself to be 2nd rate, be refused any service which you will undoubtedly be in need of at some point, and just all around be tolerant of a much less accessible game in terms of both communication with the large majority of the population (all) and the understanding of the story without reading guides. In my personal opinion, that doesn't speak well for your overall intelligence nor your risk assessment skills.

Also you lessen the chance of us getting future PS games outside of Japan, which is arguably what sort of grinds my gears the most. We already lost infinity to the void, why don't you guys go ahead and be the reason for Phantasy Stars global downfall.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 08:25 PM
Still don't give a shit, too busy playing.

Maybe after US release comes out I'll give enough shits to type more than two lines of text.

Edit: Okay, I have this to say: I have, in my entire online game playing career, only required direct support all of two times - once when my Aion account was hacked... and again when my Aion account was mistakenly banned. I have never had such an occurrence happen again - not in Aion, nor in any other game I have ever played, period. I've been playing online games for over a decade, and can count the total number of support-required problems on one hand. Two fingers. Seriously, that is hardly a note of great concern to most people.

Xaeris
Aug 7, 2012, 08:44 PM
I like how we're taking it for granted that US players on the NA version would even get decent support. Does anyone else remember Error 630 during the first Maximum Attack G in PUS? How people's subs wouldn't renew, preventing them from playing the game from the point their license expired? And how the NA staff couldn't do jack all about it until most of the event had already run its course?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

iwerkout
Aug 7, 2012, 09:03 PM
I like how we're taking it for granted that US players on the NA version would even get decent support. Does anyone else remember Error 630 during the first Maximum Attack G in PUS? How people's subs wouldn't renew, preventing them from playing the game from the point their license expired? And how the NA staff couldn't do jack all about it until most of the event had already run its course?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

PUS lol

Stop comparing PSO2 to PSU (or PUS) plz. The NA servers arn't up yet, so you have no reason to complain till it does exists.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 09:07 PM
I love that line of thought.

"The past doesn't matter! You can completely ignore it until your fears are validated by the past repeating itself."

Yeah, okay, sure. Whatever!

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 09:09 PM
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

So, while I'm certainly not saying that the US/EU PSO2 servers will be like the US/EU PSU servers, any planning to travel that road should do so with caution.

iwerkout
Aug 7, 2012, 09:12 PM
I searched google for you.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24572281.jpg

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 09:12 PM
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

So, while I'm certainly not saying that the US/EU PSO2 servers will be like the US/EU PSU servers, any planning to travel that road should do so with caution.

You could use the exact same quote for playing on JP...it would even be more valid in that case...

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 7, 2012, 09:18 PM
I've only made one purchase for AC and that was on the first day and was now charged for it on the 3rd as well. I guess they're doing batch foreign drops (would make sense if Sega's bank charges international fees or something.) I don't plan on buy more for quite a while unless we can expand our inventory again beyond 100. On a similar note: I had some issues even using FUN last night, anyone else have an issue with that?

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 09:19 PM
You could use the exact same quote for playing on JP...it would even be more valid in that case...

Nope, and nope!

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 09:23 PM
Nope, and nope!

Bury your head in the sand all you want. Not my business.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:26 PM
Bury your head in the sand all you want. Not my business.

What bad things happened on JP PSU?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 09:29 PM
Oh boy maintenance time! Let the battle commence!

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 09:32 PM
What bad things happened on JP PSU?

Sounds like a misnomer to me because that's irrelevant. There is a difference in approach by SEGA that is causing anamolies in service to foreign players that weren't present in PSU. As extreme as getting banned, and as harmless as being cutoff from AC.

Link1275
Aug 7, 2012, 09:36 PM
My comment was not meant to escalate into another debate, and I don't want to derail this thread, which is why I've remained silent. However for the record, I'm pretty sure I agreed it simply came down to the person. My agreement was that, if you where Japanese, knew the Japanese language, and or lived in Japan, the servers where in fact better for you. The discussion barreled into some people thinking their personal tastes where being attacked, which was not what I was demonstrating.

You can jump hurdles, dive hoops, and do back flips for the service you so choose. If that's what makes you happy, that is your prerogative and no one else's business but your's. The issues that Mr. Darki mentioned are major problems for me, but in his opinion, tolerable. That's fine. Counter? I'm not arguing anymore with people whom have "strong personal taste". But from a personal standpoint, anyone who made a personal decision to opt out of the US/EU release for "better service" seems silly to me in light of the difficulties some of you have come to face as of today. If you are an English speaking player playing on the JP servers, service for you is not bad, not good, but nonexistent. Your simply on board for the JP ride. If something happens with your service, you've no one to contact because no one will understand you and vice versa. And then if that happens, no one can be blamed but yourself. Your foreign cards are being denied, placing you in a position to have to use Webmoney with an increased exchange rate. You are paying more or nothing at all and being denied premium content. The language barrier? Rectify that with a patch which arguably puts you at risk for banning. You potentially get banned for that, or because of the "move hackers" running rampant. Cycle starts over. Ect. If your fine with this for the updates and earlier game, then go for it. To me, this list outweigh's the potential "poorly timed updates" situation on the US/EU significantly.

Excuse me, but have you played PSP2 online anytime recently, or even played online at all? Almost anyone that's played PSP2 on the NA/EU servers would never want to play on the US/EU servers for ANY SEGA GAME EVER AGAIN. The hacking, the DC'ing, the lack of events, the lack of moderators, and the lack of everything that the jp servers had made them unbearable!

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:37 PM
Sounds like a misnomer to me because that's irrelevant. There is a difference in approach by SEGA that is causing anamolies in service to foreign players that weren't present in PSU. As extreme as getting banned, and as harmless as being cutoff from AC.

Don't you mean as extreme as the IP block that everyone said would never happen in a million years

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 09:37 PM
Excuse me, but have you played PSP2 online anytime recently, or even played online at all? Almost anyone that's played PSP2 on the NA/EU servers would never want to play on the US/EU servers for ANY SEGA GAME EVER AGAIN. The hacking, the DC'ing, the lack of events, the lack of moderators, and the lack of everything that the jp servers had made them unbearable!

That was a PSP game.

Sierhiet
Aug 7, 2012, 09:48 PM
Don't really want to wrangle with you all on the debate any longer. It's obvious some of you are taking personal offense to my observation and opinion, or simply are fine superseding one issue for another in terms of server experience which is fine. In terms of the Maximum Attack G's 630 issue, and finding an issue with the JP servers, one can counter that by bringing up the moving hacker issue from the other week. How many maintenance's did you go through, not allowing you to play? And the issue still persists today.

This is not to declare the same is not feasible when the US servers are released. It is simply to demonstrate problems exist on both sides of the fence. You would not know if there where any problems during JP's events, or during any of it's lifespan for that matter. You where to busy playing on the US and dealing with local problems with me to even know. I think that's a fair assumption. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 09:52 PM
Don't really want to wrangle with you all on the debate any longer. It's obvious some of you are taking personal offense to my observation and opinion, or simply are fine superseding one issue for another in terms of server experience which is fine. In terms of the Maximum Attack G's 630 issue, and finding an issue with the JP servers, one can counter that by bringing up the moving hacker issue from the other week. How many maintenance's did you go through, not allowing you to play? And the issue still persists today.

This is not to declare the same is not feasible when the US servers are released. It is simply to demonstrate problems exist on both sides of the fence. You would not know if there where any problems during JP's events, or during any of it's lifespan for that matter. You where to busy playing on the US and dealing with local problems with me to even know. I think that's a fair assumption. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's not forget that it's now against the official rules to play from outside of Japan, so now you really risk getting banned.

Could likely be reported for something as simple as chatting in an open lobby. Man, sounds worth not playing on your native server doesn't it?

Sierhiet
Aug 7, 2012, 09:55 PM
Let's not forget that it's now against the official rules to play from outside of Japan, so now you really risk getting banned.

Could likely be reported for something as simple as chatting in an open lobby. Man, sounds worth not playing on your native server doesn't it?
I just read the shit storm in the other thread. I know we had our differences guys, but I really do feel for your situation. I'm not sure if an "I told you so" is appropriate, so I'll standby to see how this unfolds.

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 09:59 PM
how anyone can be crowing at this point is beyond me. ill hope for the best and sleep on it.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 10:02 PM
I just read the shit storm in the other thread. I know we had our differences guys, but I really do feel for your situation. I'm not sure if an "I told you so" is appropriate, so I'll standby to see how this unfolds.
An "I told you so" is certainly not appropriate considering we don't know if an IP block is being put up, and considering the ToS change only changes it to what it was before they removed said clause. (Why they removed said clause in the first place is entirely beyond me... :-?)

Also, "I told you so" is reserved explicitly for situations where something happens where it is incredibly obvious that it was going to happen (like fire burning levels of obvious) where your smugness is entirely justified. It is not so justified in this case as it came entirely out of left field.

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 10:05 PM
An "I told you so" is certainly not appropriate considering we don't know if an IP block is being put up, and considering the ToS change only changes it to what it was before they removed said clause. (Why they removed said clause in the first place is entirely beyond me... :-?)

Also, "I told you so" is reserved explicitly for situations where something happens where it is incredibly obvious that it was going to happen (like fire burning levels of obvious) where your smugness is entirely justified. It is not so justified in this case as it came entirely out of left field.

We're not discussing it as an IP block. Just the mere fact it is now against the rules for you to be on their servers.

Also, it may have been out of left field to *you*...

Macman
Aug 7, 2012, 10:09 PM
Totally is/was worth it. I got an early taste of the game; it was delicious. Now that taste is going to be ruined by having the game get shit all over once it comes stateside.

I feel bad for anyone who bought AC, though.

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 10:13 PM
Totally is/was worth it. I got an early taste of the game; it was delicious. Now that taste is going to be ruined by having the game get shit all over once it comes stateside.

I feel bad for anyone who bought AC, though.

My god.

How many times must it be repeated that we are referring to when both games are running live concurrently, not now when JP version is the only available version to play and there is no argument to be had.

Sierhiet
Aug 7, 2012, 10:14 PM
We're not discussing it as an IP block. Just the mere fact it is now against the rules for you to be on their servers.

Also, it may have been out of left field to *you*...

This. Although I am very much sympathetic; Come on gents, this was NOT out of left field. We've been talking about the potentiality for weeks, even before the game's release. Whether or not you believed the fuss was entirely up you. And if the announcement is true, whether or not they actively move on IP bans, it just undoubtedly got a little more difficult to play on JP.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 10:16 PM
Yes, it was entirely out of left field because it's news to me that the clause was taken out in the first place. Well, that, and the fact that people have been playing PSU and PSO:BB before that on SOJ's servers for a very, VERY long time now, so a sudden about-face is very strange.

And you still don't have any right to smugness considering you don't know what kind of impact this actually has given, again, the precedent in the previous games.

Kion
Aug 7, 2012, 10:17 PM
I think that Sega uses the address on your Sega account as the billing address, then the credit card company probably cancels the charge as the address is not the correct one listed on the file. I was able to purchase 1000AC with my CC, but am unable to use it for additional purchases. Luckily I can use bitcash.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 7, 2012, 10:18 PM
Yes, it was entirely out of left field because it's news to me that the clause was taken out in the first place. Well, that, and the fact that people have been playing PSU and PSO:BB before that on SOJ's servers for a very, VERY long time now, so a sudden about-face is very strange.

Zyru, I can totally respect what you're trying to do, I really, really do. But just leave them be. You won't be able to convince them.

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 10:21 PM
Zyru, I can totally respect what you're trying to do, I really, really do. But just leave them be. You won't be able to convince them.

What exactly do we need convincing of?

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 10:22 PM
You are absolutely correct.

I really have got to stop doing this...

Sierhiet
Aug 7, 2012, 10:22 PM

And you still don't have any right to smugness considering you don't know what kind of impact this actually has given, again, the precedent in the previous games.

I'm pretty sure I agreed to wait it out just like you before making any assumptions in my previous post. I'm not sure where your gathering any smugness.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 7, 2012, 10:23 PM
You are absolutely correct.

I really have got to stop doing this...

*Pat pat* It's okay. Just have to wait it out and see what happens. :/

iwerkout
Aug 7, 2012, 10:26 PM
I found a button for Zyru.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41800_291247617597_7310123_n.jpg

Enjoy~ ^^

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 10:27 PM
I'm pretty sure I agreed to wait it out just like you before making any assumptions in my previous post. I'm not sure where your gathering any smugness.
I'm not sure why you thought that line was addressed to you, then. You're not the only one in this conversation.

*Pat pat* It's okay. Just have to wait it out and see what happens. :/
You dare pat MY head?! :chuck-ball:

Macman
Aug 7, 2012, 10:27 PM
My god.

How many times must it be repeated that we are referring to when both games are running live concurrently, not now when JP version is the only available version to play and there is no argument to be had.

Then let's fast forward to "early 2013," shall we?

Hmm, let's see... I could log into JP PSO2 and go fight Crystal Dragon or hell even Dark Falz by this point with my level 50+ badass.

OR I could log into NA/EU PSO2 and be stuck at chapter 2 with a level 30/40 cap until they FINALLY put in more content in Fall 2013, while also dealing with NPC movers that I'm almost certain won't be patched out even half as fast as it was in JP.
Oh, and let's not forget EVERY block having the spam that Ship 2 Block 20 has. Boy that sounds like a whole lot of fun, doesn't it?

I don't know what it is about these games that attracts the bottom-of-the-barrel most immature and obnoxious people on the internet.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 10:28 PM
I'm going to wait a while to fix my mag and my talent tree with AC resets. Right now this ToS change doesn't mean a whole lot, but that could very well change. Until we see an official blog/tweet/whatever from Sakai or somebody regarding this, I'm going to keep my money and... ugh... deal with my poor selection of talents and a hodgepodge of a mag. lol

Do... you guys think they will reset all talent trees when they release the advanced jobs? Maybe a free mag reset device when they come out with new mags? Y'know, sorta like what other games do when they release updates to the trees.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 7, 2012, 10:29 PM
You dare pat MY head?! :chuck-ball:

*Deflects it with my Partisan.* I was patting your shoulder. Your shoulder.

:p

Limbo_lag
Aug 7, 2012, 10:39 PM
I'm going to wait a while to fix my mag and my talent tree with AC resets. Right now this ToS change doesn't mean a whole lot, but that could very well change. Until we see an official blog/tweet/whatever from Sakai or somebody regarding this, I'm going to keep my money and... ugh... deal with my poor selection of talents and a hodgepodge of a mag. lol

Do... you guys think they will reset all talent trees when they release the advanced jobs? Maybe a free mag reset device when they come out with new mags? Y'know, sorta like what other games do when they release updates to the trees.

I sure hope so.

EvilMag
Aug 7, 2012, 10:40 PM
I had to quote this from someone. So if anyone knows this guy, feel honored I guess? my thoughts about the NA servers.

So, do I choose between:
* A version of PSO2 that is already out, guaranteed to be at the forefront of updates, and with the swiftest response to hacking and other server issues, or...
* A version of PSO2 that releases in six months and might actually not be shit because I'm delusional and think Sega have actually learned their lesson for the fifth time or so.

GUYS HELP ME THIS IS REALLY HARD

Magus_84
Aug 7, 2012, 10:43 PM
What exactly do we need convincing of?

That Sega's lack of support for the NA playerbase is a consistent pattern in every game they've ever done a NA/non-JP release for. And that anyone willingly choosing to go with the NA version over the JP version is being a fool.

This isn't just PSU. It isn't just the portable versions.

This goes back to Blue Burst, to Gamecube...hell, even to Dreamcast. The Xbox Version of PSO Ep 1 and 2 was stuck on the Winter Lobby for some ridiculous amount of time before the server finally got shut down.

There's never a choice for non-JP players to be anything other than a second-class citizen.

But playing on the JP server is the difference between being a second-class citizen on a game that's getting updates vs a game that's not getting updates.

This isn't about "getting to play the game early". It's about recognizing a pattern of systemic neglect and disdain for a portion of their playerbase.

And yet the vast majority of us are still stupid/stubborn enough to keep playing.

Only this time, a large portion of the community has seen enough of it to where they are trying to start off on the JP server from the beginning, instead of waiting for the inevitable broken promises and flat-out-lies that await anyone who ever plays an NA version of a PS-series game.

Did you play any of the PS-series MMOs before PSU? Not being a smartass, I'm asking an honest question.

Sierhiet
Aug 7, 2012, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure why you thought that line was addressed to you, then. You're not the only one in this conversation.

Could have made that clear, but sure alright.

Then let's fast forward to "early 2013," shall we?

Hmm, let's see... I could log into JP PSO2 and go fight Crystal Dragon or hell even Dark Falz by this point with my level 50+ badass.

OR I could log into NA/EU PSO2 and be stuck at chapter 2 with a level 30/40 cap until they FINALLY put in more content in Fall 2013, while also dealing with NPC movers that I'm almost certain won't be patched out even half as fast as it was in JP.
Oh, and let's not forget EVERY block having the spam that Ship 2 Block 20 has. Boy that sounds like a whole lot of fun, doesn't it?

I don't know what it is about these games that attracts the bottom-of-the-barrel most immature and obnoxious people on the internet.

I think you should relax with those assumptions, friend. You guy's also assumed Sega wouldn't care about the small US community running around. If this stuff is true, then it appears, they actually do. We'll just have to wait it out.

This isn't just PSU. It isn't just the portable versions.I agree on the point of the portable versions however, the PSP was/is an exploiter's paradise. This goes for all titles that had the opportunity to be featured on it.

Magus_84
Aug 7, 2012, 11:02 PM
I agree on the point of the portable versions however, the PSP was/is an exploiter's paradise. This goes for all titles that had the opportunity to be featured on it.

While I agree with you, this kinda sidesteps the point about all the versions that came before PSU spawned the portables.

If it were just PSU and the portable's communities that got this kind of treatment from Sega, I'd be willing to write it off as a fluke.

Hell, even with PSU, I stuck to the NA servers until they got shut down (PC/PS2). I wanted to believe that they'd finally decide to at least support something that made them money outside of Japan.

But this goes back for as long as there has been an "Online" appended to the title "Phantasy Star".

Dig through some of the old Item Archives here and look at all the "JP-only" stuff.

Compare this: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2306

to

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=listarticles&secid=8

(That's just for weapons)

Anything that you can't find in the first guide is something that wasn't released for the NA version of Blue Burst, for instance.

Or the Guardians Advance System in PSU (at least for the PC/PS2 servers...).

Or the various Max Attack goodies in PSO.

Pretty much anything that the JP playerbase got, the US either never got or got at a huge delay. Edward (the Sega mod), I seem to recall, towards the end of the PC/PS2 PSU server's lifespan, actually admitted that SoA was powerless to add anything and had to have it cleared by SoJ.

So, yeah. You can blame it on the system being "easy to exploit", but when the same pattern holds true for the entire "Decade of PSO"...

Link1275
Aug 7, 2012, 11:10 PM
That was a PSP game.
I don't care! SEGA put the game on the PSP and then they just left it, however in Japan they got Maximum Attack Cross, and much more. They even got a sequel, while we got stuck with half of the game on hacked to death servers!

I agree on the point of the portable versions however, the PSP was/is an exploiter's paradise. This goes for all titles that had the opportunity to be featured on it.
Just because the psp is a hacker's paradise doesn't mean that it's okay for them to not update it in the same way as the JP version, it also doesn't mean that it's okay for them to not get rid of hackers, the JP version and infinity DON'T have hackers online. And it's because Sega of Japan cares enough to provide a report service. Need I also mention the faulty anti-pirating code? JP got theirs fixed, US/EU? They got a great big "ok we'll do it(NO WE WON'T SCREW YOU)" from Sega.

Sierhiet
Aug 8, 2012, 09:17 AM
Just because the psp is a hacker's paradise doesn't mean that it's okay for them to not update it in the same way as the JP version, it also doesn't mean that it's okay for them to not get rid of hackers, the JP version and infinity DON'T have hackers online. And it's because Sega of Japan cares enough to provide a report service. Need I also mention the faulty anti-pirating code? JP got theirs fixed, US/EU? They got a great big "ok we'll do it(NO WE WON'T SCREW YOU)" from Sega.

It's never really OK for a company to do something like that for it's product. However the reality is, your overlooking the PSP's tremendous success abroad (Japan), in comparison to it's damn near failure to launch here stateside. As a company, their natural inclination would be to support the product that's actually "doing numbers".

Pretty much anything that the JP playerbase got, the US either never got or got at a huge delay. Edward (the Sega mod), I seem to recall, towards the end of the PC/PS2 PSU server's lifespan, actually admitted that SoA was powerless to add anything and had to have it cleared by SoJ.

I'm very much aware of the fate of the PC/PS2 servers. I was there along with you. (Also GC PSO religiously, and I've owned a few PSP titles). Bolded statement pretty much works in favor of my point, don't you think? There are a list of circumstances which individually weighed down each title. The PSP titles? They were on the PSP. PSU? M$ contract nonsense. Anything with Online tacked on to it could be attributed to the fact that those were the first titles, and respectably, Sega's first attempt at such an experience. I'm playing devil's advocate. The only exception to the rule would be Blue Burst, which from my understanding is their only other PC based title, from nearly 10 years ago.

On top of that, seeing as the bolded is fact, why is it SOA is taking all the heat from the majority of you posters? The problem seems to lie with SOJ. The branch which you've applauded for their support of their local servers? The branch which has just made that amendment to their rules. I honestly don't want a direct answer. It's just something to think about.

Totori
Aug 8, 2012, 09:26 AM
Sierhiet, really does have a point. Most of the issues that are constantly talked about are more of SOJ's fault. SOA can only do what is in it's power to do, that's how localization can work sometimes. The content just isn't fit for outside Japan.

Anyone that owns a PSP would clearly know why PSP2I was never even considered. I'm pretty sure PSO2 will do better this time around, compared to the previous titles. SOJ isn't being hammered like they were before, managing and developing other titles, not to mention different consoles at the same time.

Darki
Aug 8, 2012, 09:39 AM
It's never really OK for a company to do something like that for it's product. However the reality is, your overlooking the PSP's tremendous success abroad (Japan), in comparison to it's damn near failure to launch here stateside. As a company, their natural inclination would be to support the product that's actually "doing numbers".

But that's a vicious circle. PSPo never "did numbers" because of the poor support it got. So if it gets bad support, then does bad numbers, then more bad support, then more bad numbers, ad nauseam, we don't get anywhere. To solve this, there are only two solutions:

- From the users: Eliminate the "bad numbers", and show SEGA that we want the game and we'd support it. The argument most JP server detractors wave at us.

- From SEGA: Eliminate the "bad support" so the game attracts more players and create an even better fanbase. This is the option that the rest consider what should happen.

Of course, the fist oprtion is as valid as the second, but the problem is that it's not our job to take that burden, specially in a company that all it does is to sell games, not sending food to third world countries. SEGA is a company whose goal is to make money by offering a service. If that service is not good, people won't -and shouldn't- buy it. As simple as that. People talk about what a real fan would do, but there's a limit to that. My money doesn't grow from trees, and I'm not going to pay for a bad service in hopes that they will improve eventually. If they want my money, they'll have to work for it.

Asuni
Aug 8, 2012, 10:24 AM
i tried buyying ac i didnt get any but it still charged my card so im really pissed. :/

Totori
Aug 8, 2012, 10:30 AM
But that's a vicious circle. PSPo never "did numbers" because of the poor support it got. So if it gets bad support, then does bad numbers, then more bad support, then more bad numbers, ad nauseam, we don't get anywhere. To solve this, there are only two solutions:

- From the users: Eliminate the "bad numbers", and show SEGA that we want the game and we'd support it. The argument most JP server detractors wave at us.

- From SEGA: Eliminate the "bad support" so the game attracts more players and create an even better fanbase. This is the option that the rest consider what should happen.

Of course, the fist oprtion is as valid as the second, but the problem is that it's not our job to take that burden, specially in a company that all it does is to sell games, not sending food to third world countries. SEGA is a company whose goal is to make money by offering a service. If that service is not good, people won't -and shouldn't- buy it. As simple as that. People talk about what a real fan would do, but there's a limit to that. My money doesn't grow from trees, and I'm not going to pay for a bad service in hopes that they will improve eventually. If they want my money, they'll have to work for it.

But outside Japan, a problem arises. JRPG's aren't loved like back then, so finding a creating a bigger fanbases is quite challeging recently.

Kyushi
Aug 8, 2012, 10:36 AM
I made an account to basically ask the question ... since this new line in their ToS about foreign connections being bad and what not, would purchasing AC thru webmoney "attract" attention to my account and possibly get me IP blocked? I'm a generally low profile individual, play solo or with my friends the only real time I "interact" is during city attacks but even then I don't speak much so would I be at risk if I purchased anything like that thru webmoney?

Thanks in advance to whomever replies with a possible answer

again sorry for the 1 post count I normally do research and such myself so I never really need to do much forum posting/question asking.

Akaimizu
Aug 8, 2012, 10:43 AM
Well, in the case of PSP2, I think SOJ really missed a major opportunity by not supporting PSP2. Most notably, the PSP sales were down and the Vita was announced. This was clearly a hardware (being in the waning days) issue. They should've taken the opportunity to collect on the Vita sales because of all those new owners just hurting for a GOOD action-RPG/Dungeon Crawler on the system. It would've been an automatic setup for strong Vita game sales. I absolutely knew for a fact that it would be a major want for the Vita and that it wouldn't get such a title that soon after release. History repeats itself. Shame, everybody over there didn't.

I still think it could've been the big setup which would also increase the visibility for PSO2. SEGA likes to let a series dry up a bit before introducing it to the western market, don't they? Definitely not the best business idea given that it makes almost every follow up more of a do-over instead of riding on the success of the well-remembered past iteration. Sonic is one of the only ones they didn't do it for. (So of course, they see it as their most successful license. Duh.)

Still, back on this game...looks like it isn't completely blocked from buying AC. I, myself, generally only do in-game purchases if I can do it locally. But that's just me being paranoid or something. So I wouldn't have been hit by this.

ShinMaruku
Aug 8, 2012, 11:00 AM
Given the strength of the yen they probably are not getting all the money they think they should be getting.

Kyushi
Aug 8, 2012, 11:19 AM
Anyone got any insight on my question a few posts up from this one? want to purchase webmoney for AC but not if I run risk of getting IP blocked or anything negative like that x_x

Arika
Aug 8, 2012, 11:36 AM
Anyone got any insight on my question a few posts up from this one? want to purchase webmoney for AC but not if I run risk of getting IP blocked or anything negative like that x_x

Best to purchase with web money. it is most safe.

Kyushi
Aug 8, 2012, 11:48 AM
Thank you Arika I will do just that :3

sutocorp
Oct 19, 2012, 12:33 AM
Best to purchase with web money. it is most safe.

yes you can buy it at me

best regards
SuToCorp Webmoney div ~ We are selling webmoney japan for PSO2
www.sutocorp.com/japanwebmoney/
email : [email protected]

Chik'Tikka
Oct 19, 2012, 04:23 PM
if you live in US, you can use American Express pre-paid debit cards, but they have to be ordered online and then they mail it, which takes 2 weeks, but after the initial charge fee (about $4) it's then direct exchange from $ to ¥ then AC, no additional charges or markup like with paypal>sutocorp>webmomey+^_^+
https://www311.americanexpress.com/OCWeb/GPCOrder.do?request_type=orderProduct&promotion=GPR&program=GPRWEB&selleracctnbr=US001-USGPR&cc=US&producttypecd=GS

Mystil
Oct 19, 2012, 04:37 PM
My prem is up in 10 days. Room in 16...

Not really feeling this whole AC thing as much I did at the start.