PDA

View Full Version : I want to be part of this community, but I don't know how.

zemog
Aug 7, 2012, 11:52 AM
So since people on this board are tired of the same questions being asked over and over and over... I'm sure over the period of many months, anger is the natural reaction.

But these people should also be thankful that their community is trying to grow, and these new people are not familiar with the advanced search tools that the board may offer... or that their question is indeed not new, but is actually something asked many months ago and repeatedly afterwards.

I wanted to be part of this community, but there is simply too much anger. I'm literally scared to ask any questions at all at this point. I don't see how I can gain a sense of community here and make friends when everyone just wants you to help yourself, and they don't seem to want new people to join them.

I want to talk about this game openly, as I love chat boards (I spend more time on chat boards than playing games), but I feel I must become an expert of the game and discover what people actually TALK about here, before I can become part of this community. So... yah... I guess it isn't going to happen.

Jakosifer
Aug 7, 2012, 11:53 AM
Don't worry, I've been here forever and I feel extremely detached from the "community" myself. Doesn't help being E-socially awkward.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 11:55 AM
>I want to be part of this community, but I don't know how.

You just solved your own issue by posting this, lol.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 11:59 AM
Thank you for this.

ShadowsCrush
Aug 7, 2012, 12:03 PM
Depends a lot what questions you're asking, but to be fair, searching before posting is just general forum procedure 101.

Not that it justifies their reactionary posts, but it is common sense for the most part to search and see if your answer already exists rather than have to waste time waiting on someone to answer.

Would it not be better for you as well if you could find your answer right away rather than wait?

If anything, I would say joining the Mumble server or just asking in game would be the more efficient way if you want an answer in real time.

I don't know if you noticed but most of the threads on this forum are complete useless trash and people who enjoy playing dolly dress up rather than any actual game knowledge =/

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 12:03 PM
ask whatever you want

if people get mad, insult them

Crysteon
Aug 7, 2012, 12:04 PM
>I want to be part of this community, but I don't know how.

You just solved your own issue by posting this, lol.

I dont blame him for doubting, though....but yes, he's on board now, just dont sink the boat too soon!

Polly
Aug 7, 2012, 12:06 PM
So since people on this board are tired of the same questions being asked over and over and over... I'm sure over the period of many months, anger is the natural reaction.

But these people should also be thankful that their community is trying to grow, and these new people are not familiar with the advanced search tools that the board may offer... or that their question is indeed not new, but is actually something asked many months ago and repeatedly afterwards.

I wanted to be part of this community, but there is simply too much anger. I'm literally scared to ask any questions at all at this point. I don't see how I can gain a sense of community here and make friends when everyone just wants you to help yourself, and they don't seem to want new people to join them.

I want to talk about this game openly, as I love chat boards (I spend more time on chat boards than playing games), but I feel I must become an expert of the game and discover what people actually TALK about here, before I can become part of this community. So... yah... I guess it isn't going to happen.

Honestly, I think this is an issue you should PM to all moderators and the administrators (including Ryna and Tomeeboy.)

Even I can't stand reading a lot of the topics around here these days because it seems everyone has a stick up their ass about something and either can't just be helpful or discuss anything in a non-argumentative manner.

In fact, hell with it, I'm going to PM this post to them myself.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 12:08 PM
I dont blame him for doubting, though....but yes, he's on board now, just dont sink the boat too soon!

I thought it was pretty self-explanatory, really. You want to be a part of the community? Just post like anybody else would.

There ya go. You're part of the community. While making guides and contributing in a much bigger fashion would make you a bigger part of the community, posting input in threads doesn't make you any less part of the community (or any less important I mean).

UnLucky
In fact, hell with it, I'm going to PM this post to them myself.

what are they gonna do about it? delete half the board?

RocSage
these new people are not familiar with the advanced search tools that the board may offer...

There is no excuse for people not knowing how to use a search function anywhere on the internet.

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 12:10 PM
There is no excuse for people not knowing how to use a search function anywhere on the internet.

Searching within threads is super useful.

Back in my day, such a thing didn't exist. We read hundreds of pages of backlogs at 28.8kbps both ways and we liked it

Polly
Aug 7, 2012, 12:13 PM
what are they gonna do about it? delete half the board?

I'm merely taking an active stance in trying to quell a bit of the toxic attitudes a lot of people post with around here. Whether happens, if anything, to people that simply don't have a kind word for anyone, at least I'm not sitting around on the forum bitching about it. I took it to the guys in charge. It's in their court now to try and get a rein or two in place on these kinds of confrontational posters.

CelestialBlade
Aug 7, 2012, 12:20 PM
Just remember that in this sea of ignorance and pessimism, there *are* people that do want to help. After a while you start picking up on certain triggers that make you skip to the next post immediately :wacko:

Sometimes this really is the community that hates itself and I think there are some matters, such as racism and sexism, that are not picked up on and run rampant to ridiculous levels. But there are good people here too, and that's really the reason I do post here and have been active here off and on since PSU's US release. Unfortunately the negativity is about par for the course on the Internet as a whole, because evidently hating on stuff is "what the cool kids do" nowadays or something.

*shakes cane*

zemog
Aug 7, 2012, 12:22 PM
Depends a lot what questions you're asking, but to be fair, searching before posting is just general forum procedure 101.

Not that it justifies their reactionary posts, but it is common sense for the most part to search and see if your answer already exists rather than have to waste time waiting on someone to answer.

Would it not be better for you as well if you could find your answer right away rather than wait?

If anything, I would say joining the Mumble server or just asking in game would be the more efficient way if you want an answer in real time.

I don't know if you noticed but most of the threads on this forum are complete useless trash and people who enjoy playing dolly dress up rather than any actual game knowledge =/

That's my problem... as someone new to a game which has been around for a while, I have little to "say" other than things in question form... but I'm scared to ask these questions.

If I had played for 500 hours, maxed out my character, maxed out my mag, completed a unique outfit/look, and finished every mission / client order, perhaps then I could feel like I belong here... taking fashion pics and the like.

But I'm a long way away from that...

I was thinking I'd like a "New Players" sub forum where I could connect with new players like me and keep it away from the Vets, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that won't actually help. It would just be a questions board.

I guess it's just the nature of the beast at this point... there are more questions than typical because of the language barrier. If it wasn't for that, I'm sure this would be an overall happier place to post. Maybe I need to remind myself that this is a board for a single game instead of multiple games / platforms like I'm more accustomed to participating in. I want to "say" things about this game, but there is just not that much to "say", perhaps.

I'm level 14. Humar. Ranger. My mag hasn't evolved yet. Yesterday I played through the 3 volcano levels for the first time. I have no interesting rares.

There, you know everything there is to know about me in PSO2. I don't know what else to say... without perhaps starting a discussion topic on something specific I would like to learn more about, but that isn't safe to do in these parts....

Sorry folks, I'm just venting I guess. I was really excited to return to this site after being away for 5 years for PSO2, but I find myself disappointed with what I found.

Porkmaster
Aug 7, 2012, 12:24 PM

Start uploading music. That's what I did.

Nah, but seriously, being a part of this community is becoming harder and harder to do, because people love to bash others and start arguments for seemingly no reason. I mostly just ignore the haters, unless someone brings up a good point, at which point, you shouldn't hate back. Instead, turn it into a heated and intelligent debate. That way, even if you lose the argument, you come out a little more respected.

I've definitely had my fair share of arguments with other forum members, it's just something that I don't think can be avoided here. To me, it seems like the only way to be known as a member of this community is to give something. In my case, it would be the PSO 2 music that I upload to YouTube. There was also a thread I made months ago that eventually got derailed because of some stupid sexist war. That probably got me a little more attention than I wanted. In Rock Eastwood's case, it's probably his art and social skills. In Big Olaf's case, it's most likely due to the fact that his in-game character is all blue and has giant tits. Have you seen those things? They have their own gravitational pull.

Anyway, just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be a part of this community in no time. Participate in conversations, get your opinion out there, and all that other fun stuff. Oh, and don't feed the trolls.

Kirukia
Aug 7, 2012, 12:26 PM
Even I can't stand reading a lot of the topics around here these days because it seems everyone has a stick up their ass about something and either can't just be helpful or discuss anything in a non-argumentative manner.

Seriously. I don't mind if people have opinions, but I barely post around here because if god forbid I have one different from somebody else, I'll more than likely end up in a 10 page argument that I don't really feel like being in. It's not even that I'm afraid, I just don't feel like engaging in a stupid argument that half the time doesn't have an actual answer. Thus I'm reduced to lurking.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 12:28 PM
Oh, I figured that based on your registration date, you'd seen another thread with someone insulting someone else for not googling every single question they had, and were just making a statement about some people's hostility to new or uninformed players. I didn't realize you actually meant it.

Just ask anyway. There's a quick questions/quick answers thread that's great. Lots of "stupid" questions in there, I even ask some myself. You can make a new thread, if it's as useless as some people will say then it'll sink after it's answered. There's class threads (meant for skill trees, but they've more become the general class discussion threads) in the PSO2 gameplay, guides, and walkthroughs section.

Ignore the haters.

Kazzi
Searching within threads is super useful.

Back in my day, such a thing didn't exist. We read hundreds of pages of backlogs at 28.8kbps both ways and we liked it

You don't even need to do that, as long as it's above 3 letters for the word then you can search for things by topic or even have them display the posts. Search (and bumped) are your best friends really when it comes to questions about PSO2 anyway.

And idk, I've been here since 2003? I guess if you join in with video projects and meet-ups then that'd probably help you feel more like you're a part of something. Joining a team is always a good idea too.

BIG OLAF
I would also like this place to become a lot less angry and confrontational. But, before anyone jumps on my back, yes, I know sometimes I'm not exactly being part of solution, but I try my hardest quite often with what I'm given to work with.

I just want a place where people can be calm, collected, friendly, and respectful to each other without resorting to name-calling, needless arguing, or "calling people out" for stupid, petty reasons that don't even have anything to do with the topic.

I'm merely taking an active stance in trying to quell a bit of the toxic attitudes a lot of people post with around here. Whether happens, if anything, to people that simply don't have a kind word for anyone, at least I'm not sitting around on the forum bitching about it. I took it to the guys in charge. It's in their court now to try and get a rein or two in place on these kinds of confrontational posters.

I hope one of them responds with at least an acknowledgment of the situation.

In Big Olaf's case, it's most likely due to the fact that his in-game character is all blue and has giant tits. Have you seen those things? They have their own gravitational pull.

Well, I mean, I don't really do anything for the community, though I wish I could, honestly. But, uh.....I....uh....right.

Oh, and don't feed the trolls.

I really need to start doing this. Actually, there are a lot of people who do. This little sentence right here, when obeyed, would solve a good chunk of this forum's problems. :sleepy:

Jakosifer
Aug 7, 2012, 12:33 PM
So is there one thing we can actually all agree on for once? I feel tearful.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 12:34 PM
I really need to start doing this. Actually, there are a lot of people who do. This little sentence right here, when obeyed, would solve a good chunk of this forum's problems. :sleepy:
Problem is, some of the folks you might think of as "trolls" are just really emphatic about their opinion - that is to say, they aren't intentionally riling people up, they just have awful, horrible interpersonal skills and do it because they come across as asshats (I being one of them, at least in the past).

Kind of complicated, it is.

RocSage
Aug 7, 2012, 12:37 PM
That's my problem... as someone new to a game which has been around for a while, I have little to "say" other than things in question form... but I'm scared to ask these questions.

As someone who goes out of their way to find information, post it, and try to help people in quite a number of ways I find it infuriating how often people simply don't look at the sections that are marked guide, or help, or READ THIS BEFORE POSTING, or any other number of things that should call peoples attention. It has nothing to do with questioning. It has to do with knowing people have written tons of guides with the information, but they'd have the information if they'd just put effort into it. Why should anyone waste their time writing information they or someone else has already written up that is easily found?

If I had played for 500 hours, maxed out my character, maxed out my mag, completed a unique outfit/look, and finished every mission / client order, perhaps then I could feel like I belong here... taking fashion pics and the like.

There is no advice for this other than the only way to become part of a community is to become part of the community. The only way to get involved in a conversation is to talk. It is just that simple.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 12:37 PM
Problem is, some of the folks you might think of as "trolls" are just really emphatic about their opinion - that is to say, they aren't intentionally riling people up, they just have awful, horrible interpersonal skills and do it because they come across as asshats (I being one of them, at least in the past).

I understand that many people can be like this. It ceases to be an excuse after it's pointed out to them, and they merely dig in.

Many people also use it as an excuse to be as much of an asshole as they please. You'll find it everywhere. People will skirt the rulebook without ever crossing any lines, but they'll come damn close every single time without fail. They do it on purpose.

They're as much trolls as the ones breaking the rules outright, it's just the ones who never technically do get off on the reactions they get for not even technically doing anything they weren't supposed to.

As someone who goes out of their way to find information, post it, and try to help people in quite a number of ways I find it infuriating how often people simply don't look at the sections that are marked guide, or help, or READ THIS BEFORE POSTING, or any other number of things that should call peoples attention. It has nothing to do with questioning. It has to do with knowing people have written tons of guides with the information, but they'd have the information if they'd just put effort into it. Why should anyone waste their time writing information they or someone else has already written up that is easily found?

There is no advice for this other than the only way to become part of a community is to become part of the community. The only way to get involved in a conversation is to talk. It is just that simple.

Try being patient with people. You did that. Great. Not everyone else has, has thought of it, or has found what they're looking for. Maybe they're impatient. Maybe they forgot to look first this ti me.

RocSage
Aug 7, 2012, 12:42 PM
I understand that many people can be like this. It ceases to be an excuse after it's pointed out to them, and they merely dig in.

Many people also use it as an excuse to be as much of an asshole as they please. You'll find it everywhere. People will skirt the rulebook without ever crossing any lines, but they'll come damn close every single time without fail. They do it on purpose.

They're as much trolls as the ones breaking the rules outright, it's just the ones who never technically do get off on the reactions they get for not even technically doing anything they weren't supposed to.

Try being patient with people. You did that. Great. Not everyone else has, has thought of it, or has found what they're looking for. Maybe they're impatient. Maybe they forgot to look first this ti me.

It is a common strategy to skirt rules or use "polite" insults to infuriate people so that they break the rules. These types of trolls is why I walked away from City of Heroes because after years of complaining and it getting worse and how much people were abusing the various systems and harassing me I had enough and I refuse to give them any more money to be harassed and treated poorly... and likewise why i have no interest in GW2 any more.

Freshellent
Aug 7, 2012, 12:43 PM
The best way to get involved in this community is to realize most of the vocal posters, including myself are full of shit and that the real community is the ones that play the game and only come here to share good experiences and don't participate in the negativity.

Most of the far nicer, more enjoyable people have very small post counts and or never come here.

Not to say everyone who comes here is a dick, just realize we come here to talk when we aren't playing, of course it's gonna seem mostly negative.

Most of my friends know I spend my capped time helping new players anyway, always running around helping peeps, it's just more enjoyable to me because my leveling experiences vary from awesome to most fucking horrifying depending.

E-sports.

RocSage
Aug 7, 2012, 12:43 PM

I'm far more patient than I ought to be already.

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 12:44 PM
I find it infuriating how often people simply don't look at the sections that are marked guide, or help, or READ THIS BEFORE POSTING, or any other number of things that should call peoples attention.
Yeah there's always people like that.

Just point them towards the guides and say no more.

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 12:45 PM
if you stop being an overdramatic anime character wannabe that takes everything so seriously maybe you'll get used to being part of the community

i see more people whining about how this community is 'mean' or 'unfair' more than the mean people they bitch about because there are way too many sensitive people here

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 12:46 PM
I'm far more patient than I ought to be already.

Yeah there's always people like that.

Just point them towards the guides and say no more.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Some people won't really take the point that there's information all over.

In those cases I like to answer their question and then direct them to a more fitting thread, or use www.lmgtfy.com with a nice smiley.

Simple and effective, without being a dick.

if you stop being an overdramatic anime character wannabe that takes everything so seriously maybe you'll get used to being part of the community

i see more people whining about how this community is 'mean' or 'unfair' more than the mean people they bitch about because there are way too many sensitive people here

Go on.

Porkmaster
Aug 7, 2012, 12:48 PM

Go on.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 7, 2012, 12:48 PM
OP I really don't think you have to worry; most of the people that get flak on these boards get it, because of how they carry themselves. Instead of asking questions, they make up wild theories and state them as fact, which misinforms and misleads other people who might be new to the game, and starts bad trends. Or posts that instead of following logic and common sense, spew all kinds of paranoia and self absorbed idiocy.

Heres a good example of how to ask a question, and how NOT to ask a question:

How to properly present an issue/ask a question: "I've been noticing alot of random players in my game areas, I'm trying to invite living breathing players into my multi party area so we can burst party but randoms with npcs are messing it up? I'm fairly new and not sure, is there a way to solve this issue?"

How NOT to properly present an issue/ask a question: "What the fuck man, all these scrubs and their npcs messing up MY game in MY multiparty areas, I tell them to ditch their npcs and they dont listen, goddamn why cant we segregate these people to their own block and force them to play in a way thats convenient for ME"

Theres nothing wrong with being new or asking questions, it all in how you present your inquiry or problem. The people that get the most flak here are users that have been playing wayyyy long enough that they should either know better than to act the way they act, or they are well aware of where to find the answer to their problem easily. Aka regulars making stupid topics filled with an arrogant or shitty attitude.

If theres actually people here shitting on brand new people that can't know much about the game, well, fuck those guys. Ignore them.

If you have alot of trouble here, just use the gamefaqs PC PSO2 board. I haven't seen any elitism there with answering questions.

Halcyote
Aug 7, 2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. Some people won't really take the point that there's information all over.

In those cases I like to answer their question and then direct them to a more fitting thread, or use www.lmgtfy.com with a nice smiley.

Simple and effective, without being a dick.

Go on.

except for the fact that using lmgtfy is the epitome of passive-aggressive dickishness.

Zipzo

Wouldn't say the person has horrible communication skills.

Just because almost everything I post sounds mean doesn't mean there hasn't been a logical, thought out opinion within said post, given I took the time to bite in a thread I actually had an opinion. I'm also definitely not what you'd call anti-social. The derailment, in my belief, *actually* comes from those unable to agree to disagree. So they lash out in reaction to an opinion that squarely defies their own.

More people need to learn the art of agreeing to disagree. The anonyminity of the internet gives people a flexibility to be more passionate about how they feel without personally feeling as though they are shoving it everyone's face obnoxiously, but some haven't mastered the art of controlling that when it swings in the opposite direction they'd like so they flame, insult, and give witty one liners.

BIG OLAF
except for the fact that using lmgtfy is the epitome of passive-aggressive dickishness.

Was just about to say that. Definitely not something you want to do if you're trying to come off as helpful.

sugarFO
Aug 7, 2012, 12:52 PM
This community has some really cool people if you look hard enough, but otherwise I'm not sure if the effort to "fit in" would even be rewarding. o.o I made a thread looking for other girls to chat with and it was completely overrun and torn down by trolls and guys looking for attention or whatever. I think that tells you the maturity level of these boards. :/

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 12:53 PM

Only because passive-aggressive people love to use it. I could go on about a few things nice people do that Hitler also did, if I wanted. Eating, for instance. Doesn't make it any worse just because Hitler did it.

But that's what the smiley is for, just in case people think you're being passive-aggressive.

Porkmaster
Aug 7, 2012, 12:54 PM
http://bit.ly/N0uOgz

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+deal+with+trolls

Freshellent
Aug 7, 2012, 12:54 PM
No offense but your gender doesn't mean shit to anyone but perverts and white knights. The maturity level of these boards is actually pretty good in comparison to some of the goons you'll run into everywhere else.

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 12:55 PM
Was just about to say that. Definitely not something you want to do if you're trying to come off as helpful.

well it certainly is helpful for these new people that are not familiar with the advanced search tools that the internet may offer

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 12:55 PM
This community has some really cool people if you look hard enough, but otherwise I'm not sure if the effort to "fit in" would even be rewarding. o.o I made a thread looking for other girls to chat with and it was completely overrun and torn down by trolls and guys looking for attention or whatever. I think that tells you the maturity level of these boards. :/

unless you're on a 100% girl-only message board or a message board that has a bunch of spineless white knights or creepy old men that still consider themselves single 'nice guys' then you're going to get this in any message board you go to

welcome to being a girl on the internet

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 12:57 PM
unless you're on a 100% girl-only message board or a message board that has a bunch of spineless white knights or creepy old men that still consider themselves single 'nice guys' then you're going to get this in any message board you go to

http://deepgamers.com/canada.mp3

sugarFO
Aug 7, 2012, 12:57 PM

So let's perpetuate misogyny because everywhere else on the internet does? That's real welcoming to new people, yeah, no.

Sorry OP! You're going to start seeing the answer to your question reeeeeal soon. ^^

IceBlink
Aug 7, 2012, 12:58 PM
Back in the day, people didn't swear as much on the boards. I guess the rules have been somewhat relaxed since then. XD

I seem to find myself lurking more these days, ever since PSO2 came out, which brought me back. I do find the aggression of some posters to be either hilarious, or worrying (some people need to see psychiatrists, haha), but at least PSOW community isn't as bad as a certain game beginning with D and ending in O. :D

If you have something to ask, and it's not readily viewable from the thread titles, post it anyway, and someone will answer it. :3

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 12:59 PM
So let's perpetuate misogyny because everywhere else on the internet does? That's real welcoming to new people, yeah, no.

Sorry OP! You're going to start seeing the answer to your question reeeeeal soon. ^^
You are largely going to be the culprit of whatever derailment this thread endures, because of what you are posting and how you are posting it.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 01:00 PM

Erm what? I literally cannot think of a forum besides this one where you wouldn't have been treated worse and outright objectified, then told to get back in the kitchen and called all kinds of wonderful words in all kinds of languages just for having the audacity to not be a guy.

I really hope this isn't your idea of a mean forum.

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 01:00 PM
uh oh creepy creeps vs girl debate for the next 200 posts abandon thread

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 01:01 PM

i'm sorry

i guess i should've said, maybe if you cross your fingers really hard and tap your ruby shoes together, men will start being nice to you on the internet

it's even inappropriate to bring up feminist schtick right now. 'perpetuate misogyny?' lmao if anything my post was more misandrist by generalizing men's actions

but it's true so

Porkmaster
Aug 7, 2012, 01:02 PM
misogyny

Whyyyyy? That word or any variation of it causes nothing but trouble around here. Well, I know where this thread is going, so I'm out. Good luck with the whole community thing, OP.

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 01:03 PM
fuck did i walk into a trap again

Polly
Back in the day, people didn't swear as much on the boards. I guess the rules have been somewhat relaxed since then. XD

I seem to find myself lurking more these days, ever since PSO2 came out, which brought me back. I do find the aggression of some posters to be either hilarious, or worrying (some people need to see psychiatrists, haha), but at least PSOW community isn't as bad as a certain game beginning with D and ending in O. :D

If you have something to ask, and it's not readily viewable from the thread titles, post it anyway, and someone will answer it. :3

I'll say it. Get 2001 watashiwa back in charge of the place. A lot of people thought he was pretty dickish back then (in reality, he just didn't have a tolerance for a lot of peoples' bullshit), but it kept the place readable and fairly even-handed for folks of all walks of life. And, ya know, he was active and around, a public face with a voice.

Whyyyyy? That word or any variation of it causes nothing but trouble around here.

Yeah, people tend to not like having the truth thrown up in their faces. It gets em kinda antsy in the pantsy.

gigawuts
fuck did i walk into a trap again

maaaaaaaaaaaaybe

did anyone really think this was going to end well, though?

zemog
Aug 7, 2012, 01:05 PM
Well perhaps with this thread I have indeed contributed something and began an actual discussion (though I'd be impressed if it survives page 2)...

Going much better than my last thread:

www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199244

Though I'm happy to see that a couple people did reply with nice responses... sorry that I didn't notice that.

Edit: And I only just NOW noticed that the thread was moved... that really didn't help the situation for me.

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 01:08 PM
I think the bottom line(s) here are

1. Like the OP said, people should be able to ask questions without feeling like they're going to get yelled at or insulted.

2. People need to try and have a nicer attitude towards others, even if they don't agree with what they say/think, and not be overly-confrontational or insulting.

At least that's what I'm getting out of all of this.

Jakosifer
Aug 7, 2012, 01:09 PM
maaaaaaaaaaaaybe

did anyone really think this was going to end well, though?

I tried to curb my cynicism long ago, and yet, I feel like doing so is really just plain detrimental on the interwebz.

VANNO
Aug 7, 2012, 01:12 PM
Well All I wanted to say is that most people who introduce themselves to the forums often say they join as a member to stop lurking around the forms. Yet most people who join never even post again/ or rarely post due to well reasons that have been said.

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 01:13 PM
the bottom line is stop being a shinji ikari and start being more like goku

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 01:13 PM
I tried to curb my cynicism long ago, and yet, I feel like doing so is really just plain detrimental on the interwebz.

As the wise old Fred Durst used to say: "Everything is fucked, everybody sucks"

jooozek
Aug 7, 2012, 01:14 PM
Man those assholes in that quick question thread they are all so angry and just send off people to google stuff it makes me sick!!!

Gama
Aug 7, 2012, 01:19 PM
honestly i'm really sensitive to comments but i learned the hard way to just chill.

i still get affected but i don't go rage-monster on people ^^

anyway... answering the poster's question.

you're already a part of the community, be yourself , don't be a #$%& to anyone "even if they're asking for it" and you'll be fine and start making friends right away.

Halcyote
Aug 7, 2012, 01:19 PM
Man those assholes in that quick question thread they are all so angry and just send off people to google stuff it makes me sick!!!

they could take notes from cultofpersonality and make inquiry threads if they want to buck the quick question thread system.

Freshellent
Aug 7, 2012, 01:20 PM

I'm not wishing back Shinji no matter how gar he becomes

zemog
Aug 7, 2012, 01:20 PM

Sorry I don't know how to take your responses... are they playful in nature? Or is there a serious point here that is perhaps going over my head?

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 01:24 PM
just be pals and call each other gay idiot baby losers back and forth

it's only offensive if you get offended

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 01:26 PM

Even though you're completely correct, you shouldn't have said that. Some people don't take kindly to that implication.

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 01:26 PM
Sorry I don't know how to take your responses... are they playful in nature? Or is there a serious point here that is perhaps going over my head?

i dunno there are people here that understand what i'm talking about maybe you should be more like them they're really cool people

Halcyote
Aug 7, 2012, 01:27 PM
just be pals and call each other gay idiot baby losers back and forth

just like the waves of dudes getting mad over the mere mention of sexism in the community?

Mystil
Aug 7, 2012, 01:28 PM

Only that you just got harshly judged by someone who doesn't even know you personally and you should simply not take it to heart.

and zemog. Be yourself. Don't try to be like anyone else. Don't bind to anyone's will on this forum just so you feel like you fit in. You try that and you're still not gonna be happy here.

Radiata
Aug 7, 2012, 01:31 PM
"Looking for other girls to chat with." I've seen this one before, mm, yes.

1. Brings attention to vagina-having (possibly).

2. Now darling, we all know that no gayma gurl anywhere ever wants to be aware of another woman on the internet. They want to be the only. fucking. one. Therefore, not sure if woman.

3. At times this faux-amiable thread serves as a scouting mechanism for enemy uterunits. You can ask them interesting things like "Kawaii?" and "Do you have stairs in your house?" and "What hours of the day are you usually alone in an unlocked dwelling?" Could be a possible rape scenario.

Conclusion: Possible man.

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 01:33 PM
just like the waves of dudes getting mad over the mere mention of sexism in the community?

Probably because it's such a crude, baseless accusation to make. Especially when no examples are ever given.

Xaeris
Aug 7, 2012, 01:34 PM
Look at you OP, you still have a single figure post count and you've already made a thread pushing 100 replies. You'll do fine here.

Freshellent
Aug 7, 2012, 01:35 PM
Look at you OP, you still have a single figure post count and you've already made a thread pushing 100 replies. You'll do fine here.

During the day as well, usually the night crew is the lively ones.

Shakuri
Aug 7, 2012, 01:36 PM
Antagonism will always be a thing.
Being a dick will always be a thing.

Its common in real life and it definitely wont be changing here.

Have questions? Ask in the question thread, everyone who answers in that thread is actually helpful and doesnt typically add a "witty" quip to go along with their answer. Making repeat threads that ask the same questions that have been asked since Day 1 does get old, and it will irritate some people.

Personally, this "community" has the commonplace problems you see in every other community. That doesnt justify it, but be realistic. In order to change that, you have to change people, and lol at that prospect.

My own OPINEON is simply "Whatevz" though. Shit happens, grudges are stupid, agreeing to disagree is groovy, and drugs are good k?

PS: This thread is going about as good as I imagined it would...Welcome to the Community, OP.

DonMakaveli
Aug 7, 2012, 01:53 PM
Antagonism will always be a thing.
Being a dick will always be a thing.

Its common in real life and it definitely wont be changing here.

No it's not, half the posts i read here when people are being humble and asking questions, if you act like a elitist pseudo superior answering them well in real life there's a huge chance you'll get f'in sat. Some people here actually cause the fear the OP post has, acting like the pseudo-elitists they are, which is kinda pathetic and sad, as those are the same people that think they are better than others on a non competitive computer game, people that think they are better than others cuz they read game and non game related comic books, people that think they are better than others cuz they learned some japanese words and **** off to hentai, get a grip u japanese wannabes :). I actually feel sad for these people that come here askin a question and they get an answer from someone willing to waste their time not answering but doing some smart ass remark stating "OH IM ALL WISE ABOUT THIS ****".

Anyway i actually feel all this elitism bs will end on the US servers, cuz yes i'd say at least 60% of the english players that are playing the game right now think they are better than anyone else that will play on the US servers. This is a non competitive game, this should be one really friendly community.

And if someone feels offended and want to flame just for the sake of it, feel free i've red a sign at the door saying "don't feed the animals" :)

Keilyn
Aug 7, 2012, 02:15 PM
Floods of questions will always come into forumboards. Compared to others I've been to, this forum is inactive. However, when I ran different forumboards back then in dealing with online games and modding, I would always take a count on similar topics and make them into guides with posted links on a sticky on top and move them to a closed guide forum/resource and expanded page.

This is viable in a small forum like this one. Size and volume are measured usually by activity. I can leave this forum for a week and find myself staring at the same page of topics when I come back. While there are other forums where if I leave for a day, the entire page of topics is buried under several pages.

Basically after the extended page is created, usually one moderator would close the topic instantly and link up to the expanded page to keep then clutter to a minimum.

Stuff like this would happen a lot after patches were released in old shooters and most servers were affected. I would get 20 - 30 threads about servers crashing and after collecting data and making an expanded page on the matter, I would delete those topics and sticky the expanded page link.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 7, 2012, 02:17 PM
Geez. I leave for a couple of hours and this is what happens? Hmmm... I suppose I should be absent more often.

This has turned out to be quite entertaining, heh.

Akaimizu
Aug 7, 2012, 03:04 PM
I'll join other in welcoming you to the community, zemog. You'll be surprised how many of us went through the same thing being relatively new.

Forums can get ugly at times, and I don't think I've been on one that hasn't (save for something extremely moderated like Animal Crossing or something).

There are times when things get so bad I simply just leave the topic completely, don't even bother since it's beyond saving. But that's in so many places. Probably why so many people (like myself) often lurk for years on a place, just to find a good time to come in.

Still, I think this place is fine as you get to know the attitudes around. I've been on previous forums where the drama gets so bad that it echoes outside of the forum. So this place is quite tame. (Quite tame compared to gamefaqs on a lot of occassions).

The great thing is there are always positive people here, though they may not be on every topic. They want to answer as truthful as they can, and with whatever experience they have; but the main result for them is to try to help out.

Mystil
Aug 7, 2012, 03:22 PM
And quite tame compared to how bad it used to be years ago.

Omisan
Aug 7, 2012, 04:22 PM
Im new and i know i ask questions that have been answered before. But ill share my view on message boards like this.

There are some topics that stick around and last along time with interesting discussion. But mainly the longer topics are off topic/q&a/theory crafting/ or silly stuff.

Other topics may be redundant but so what they are answered and everyone moves on.

If a topic is good it will still be active if not well its not good.

If the people that get angry at new users asking about things they didnt understand got what they wanted, the message board would have a handful of topics either about what costume u wish you had, what weapon would be great, or what should be fixed in game. With some off topic meme bs thrown in.

supersonix9
Aug 7, 2012, 04:34 PM
Community here is garbage. I feel you OP. Bashing people for simple questions (even those with obvious answers) is just rude and absolutely uncalled for.

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 04:39 PM
Community here is garbage. I feel you OP. Bashing people for simple questions (even those with obvious answers) is just rude and absolutely uncalled for.

ikr? better to just stay away now op. better yet just stay away from the internet. and other people for that matter. dirty humans.

this place is just like every other community on the planet. everyone's an outsider at first. just be yourself and follow the rules and try to get along.

jooozek
Aug 7, 2012, 04:46 PM
Community here is garbage.
Right, only garbage would call other people garbage, is that what are you trying to say?

supersonix9
Aug 7, 2012, 04:51 PM
Right, only garbage would call other people garbage, is that what are you trying to say?

Nope.

moorebounce
Aug 7, 2012, 04:53 PM
I know about the search feature and if I still can't find the thread I'll post the question anyway. The people who don't like it will just have to get upset. You got issues if you get upset at people who weren't able to find the older posts that may help them. I know I don't lose any sleep over people being angry over multiple threads of the same stuff. You'll have people who either answer your question, post the link of the thread that will answer your question or cry about your thread being "This thread again" and offer no help. The latter can eat a %$@#! straight up.

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 04:58 PM

"stupid is as stupid does" - forrest gump

gravityvx
Aug 7, 2012, 04:59 PM
And here you have, the community OP. Almost hilarious that nearly every thread turns into an argument on here. It's not as bad as the Diablo 3 or League of Legends forum at least, but it is getting there fast. In the end though ask what you want when you want, there will sometimes be some random angry guy for who hell knows why, raging at some letters (aka your question/thread) but hey, someone decent will answer you eventually. Also, welcome. :)

Shakuri
Aug 7, 2012, 05:02 PM
Right.
My thing with repeats are that if it bothers you, ignore it, you aren't forced to answer or anything. "But it's taking up space!", for what? Tropics that quickly become so off topic that they end up closed after a too-long grace period of existing on the board? Sure they're amusing and fun to partake in from time to time, but get real, it's only a "problem" if you're for some insane reason using the default thread count.

Question thread saves a lot of people from getting attacked for little to no reason though. It gets 5*'s all day, yup, all day.

Lostbob117
Aug 7, 2012, 05:03 PM
ask whatever you want

I second this.

jmanx
Aug 7, 2012, 05:05 PM
be a douche like everyone else and that is how you make pso-world

Lostbob117
Aug 7, 2012, 05:12 PM

No one on here is really a douche.

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2012, 05:14 PM
I second this.

This is part of the problem I think. Don't use other people's attitudes as an excuse to be a jerk. >:

Jakosifer
Aug 7, 2012, 05:17 PM
Ethan Waber would tell you all to get along. And if you don't he'd Tornado Dance it into ya mufuggin skulls.

Porkmaster
Aug 7, 2012, 05:23 PM
So... this thread has turned into the community arguing with each other about how much the community argues with each other?

Stay classy, PSO-World.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 7, 2012, 05:32 PM
No one on here is really a douche.

Which is why the 2 guys doing the story translation put their fucking pants on head retarded petty bitch fest over serving the communities needs, and deleted all the work to spite one another, right?

It'd be cool if this place was actually good for something, outside of reminding us all that the most annoying aspects of old pso (childish, arrogant, egotistical brats and elitist attention whores) are still alive and well

But save for a miniscule handful of people here, seems like the community is incapable of growing up. :-?

EvilJohn
Aug 7, 2012, 05:32 PM
ask whatever you want

lol i agree.

Faendryl
Aug 7, 2012, 06:16 PM
*hiding in your bushes, peeking in your windows*

Just pretend you're on GameFAQs and then nothing will get under your skin; imagine the hyenas from Lion King XD

Cyrillic
Aug 7, 2012, 06:18 PM
From past forum experiences, I wish people would stop and do, is, if they absolutely need to tell someone to use the search, do three things:

1. Do it politely and understanding that there's still a good possibility they did TRY to find it. (if you see the same person blatantly repeating the same action, and lack of trying is evident perhaps a scolding IS in order though)

2. Actually search it yourself first, as there times when people say search and there's absolutely no way to find the thread with the answer since the terms you'd need to use are rediculously obscure. You might even change your mind in the event that its hard for you to even find the answering thread yourself!

and 3.: List the search terms used, it shows people exactly how to use search more efficiently, or may have involved a set of words the person may not have even thought to use. It educates on the right terms to use regarding the subject, and how to use search itself more effectively.

Why bash people for not knowing how to do things and be part of the solution, the educator?

Just to make sure I'm clear, this is very generalized towards forum community experiences overall, and not PSOw in particular.

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2012, 06:20 PM
From past forum experiences, I wish people would stop and do, is, if they absolutely need to tell someone to use the search, do three things:

1. Do it politely and understanding that there's still a good possibility they did TRY to find it. (if you see the same person blatantly repeating the same action, and lack of trying is evident perhaps a scolding IS in order though)

2. Actually search it yourself first, as there times when people say search and there's absolutely no way to find the thread with the answer since the terms you'd need to use are rediculously obscure. You might even change your mind in the event that its hard for you to even find the answering thread yourself!

and 3.: List the search terms used, it shows people exactly how to use search more efficiently, or may have involved a set of words the person may not have even thought to use. It educates on the right terms to use regarding the subject, and how to use search itself more effectively.

Why bash people for not knowing how to do things and be part of the solution, the educator?

Just to make sure I'm clear, this is very generalized towards forum community experiences overall, and not PSOw in particular.This is very good advice, thank you.

The Walrus
Aug 7, 2012, 06:25 PM
Or we could just chew them out for asking the same fucking question we've seen hundreds of times like we have been.

Don't fix what ain't broke amiright?

We need a newer, better FAQ topic

mctastee
Aug 7, 2012, 06:44 PM
Well, as someone else stated, it's common sense to do research on your own before making a post. Not only that, but this forum has a search function, so why not use to see if someone already posted about a topic you want to discuss. We really aren't asking for much. It's just that in a time when we have all the information in the world at our fingertips and people still don't use it, it really makes people want to rage.

Although, on the other end it's just as easy to rate post as 1 then ignore it. I guess there problems on both sides that need to be fixed.

supersonix9
Aug 7, 2012, 07:01 PM
"stupid is as stupid does" - forrest gump

Nice quote you got there. Point?

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 07:06 PM
i don't remember

RocSage
Aug 7, 2012, 07:16 PM
Well, as someone else stated, it's common sense to do research on your own before making a post. Not only that, but this forum has a search function, so why not use to see if someone already posted about a topic you want to discuss. We really aren't asking for much. It's just that in a time when we have all the information in the world at our fingertips and people still don't use it, it really makes people want to rage.

Although, on the other end it's just as easy to rate post as 1 then ignore it. I guess there problems on both sides that need to be fixed.

Even if a site doesn't have a search function there is also Google which you can type in a website and a word and it will search for those words on that website. So even if you can't find one or work it on a site you still have no excuse for not searching for the info first.

I actually get equally mad at non-searchable flash sites and generally am turned off by them instantly. I think that is pretty much the reason they hardly exist any more and consequently why it flash never became the standard.

I view non-searchable websites on the same level as companies that make it hard to cancel subscriptions or charge me without informing me directly and companies/sites that put annoying and obnoxious commercials/ads. such as the non-skippable tiger direct ad that plays louder than just about any uploaded video on several sites... and any ad that has sound in general. I don't care to do business with ignorant companies that annoy me if i can abstain from doing so.

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2012, 07:17 PM
Not only that, but this forum has a search function

I've tried using the search function several times and was never able to find what I needed. Most of what I use for information doesn't come from the forums.

I think the "quick questions thread should be stickied. A lot of people make threads to ask really simple questions that would work better there.

lostinseganet
Aug 7, 2012, 07:24 PM

I want to talk about this game openly, as I love chat boards (I spend more time on chat boards than playing games), but I feel I must become an expert of the game and discover what people actually TALK about here, before I can become part of this community. So... yah... I guess it isn't going to happen. Big, Big...Big Breastses, and butts. Thats a start. :)

Ryna
Aug 7, 2012, 08:05 PM
On PSO-World, the expectation is that the more experienced players will politely help newer players out. If a person can't find the information they are looking for, either post a link to where they can find the information or provide the information in your post.

If you think someone is being rude, report them or send me a private message. PSO-World does not tolerate people that are rude, have a bad attitude, or insult other people.

To the OP:
Don't be afraid to ask a question. There is probably someone that can help you. If you don't post, they can't answer.

Also, there are other ways to fit in beyond posting on the PSO2 forum. Try joining some of the PSO2 groups:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php

or playing with other PSO-World in-game. Also, you can participate in the Fan Works and other social sections of the site.

Mariodante
Aug 8, 2012, 07:33 AM
Yeah, OP, it is sad, but it seems like a lot of people that take these games seriously and want to chat about them a lot online are completely immature and unsociable people with no desire to better themselves and no ability to converse politely. I really think the anonymity and freedoms of the internet have lead to a serious lack of social development in a lot of people who are chronically gaming online or doing other things online like FBing constantly. Those people, however, being chronic users and in vast number, gain a lot of social power online 9.9 and often don't go away. All those chronic posters just want to come on forums like these and just be witty and a jackass non-stop as if impressing someone (themselves, mostly) and it blows because you'd think veterans in video games would be helpful and insightful and NOT complete jackasses, but I guess a little in-game power can corrupt a person easily.

I say just be cool, post whatever you want to talk about, handle yourself like an adult, don't start fights over the little things, and when the retards come, just brush them off. It's a sad, common complaint that in order to converse online you have to have a 'thickened hide', and I wish we could fight it on forums, but I doubt people will shape up anytime soon so easily. Hey, just lead by example, though, and hopefully some light can be shown! :D

Lostbob117
Aug 8, 2012, 07:42 AM
Which is why the 2 guys doing the story translation put their fucking pants on head retarded petty bitch fest over serving the communities needs, and deleted all the work to spite one another, right?

It'd be cool if this place was actually good for something, outside of reminding us all that the most annoying aspects of old pso (childish, arrogant, egotistical brats and elitist attention whores) are still alive and well

But save for a miniscule handful of people here, seems like the community is incapable of growing up. :-?

Oh that's not being a douche, that's called being stupid. Also "(Childish, arrogant, egotistical brats and elitist attention whores)" yeah it's an English community what did you expect? A peaceful community like the jp's? Seriously though I cannot wait for pso2 coming to America for all those shitheads to leave. Well most of them anyways.

RocSage
Aug 8, 2012, 07:48 AM
Yeah, OP, it is sad, but it seems like a lot of people that take these games seriously and want to chat about them a lot online are completely immature and unsociable people with no desire to better themselves and no ability to converse politely. I really think the anonymity and freedoms of the internet have lead to a serious lack of social development in a lot of people who are chronically gaming online or doing other things online like FBing constantly. Those people, however, being chronic users and in vast number, gain a lot of social power online 9.9 and often don't go away. All those chronic posters just want to come on forums like these and just be witty and a jackass non-stop as if impressing someone (themselves, mostly) and it blows because you'd think veterans in video games would be helpful and insightful and NOT complete jackasses, but I guess a little in-game power can corrupt a person easily.

Should I take offense at that?
Wait, was I being witty?
Is the fact that I realize that that might be taken as witty impressive?
Am I looking to impress people?
Does that make me a jackass?
Since when is it that impressing upon people that they should use the basic skills of their brain to look up things in our group mind through wit akin to being a donkey?
Wait! If I'm a donkey do I get the Donkey Schlong that goes with it? No plumber gonna take my princess away!

Lostbob117
Aug 8, 2012, 07:53 AM
Should I take offense at that?
Wait, was I being witty?
Is the fact that I realize that that might be taken as witty impressive?
Am I looking to impress people?
Does that make me a jackass?
Since when is it that impressing upon people that they should use the basic skills of their brain to look up things in our group mind through wit akin to being a donkey?
Wait! If I'm a donkey do I get the Donkey Schlong that goes with it? No plumber gonna take my princess away!

Was the person directing that post to you anyways?

RocSage
Aug 8, 2012, 08:02 AM
Was the person directing that post to you anyways?

But all of the world's intellect is directed at me. How else would they get their quandaries and elucidations, for am I not the center of all the cosmos?

Blizz3112
Aug 8, 2012, 08:05 AM
I never liked opinion bashing, but its not something that doesn't exist in other forums... In fact, a lot of forums I'm on are even worse, really...

SolRiver
Aug 8, 2012, 08:44 AM
Someone with an account from 2006 asking to join the people that came after him? :-?

Shouldn't it be reverse?

and welcome back I guess.

Blizz3112
Aug 8, 2012, 09:20 AM
Someone with an account from 2006 asking to join the people that came after him? :-?

Shouldn't it be reverse?

and welcome back I guess.

I am more surprised by Gigawuts post amount that he build up in 2 months time... people can join, but not post because afraid of getting negative reactions just as he said...

gigawuts
Aug 8, 2012, 09:46 AM
I am more surprised by Gigawuts post amount that he build up in 2 months time... people can join, but not post because afraid of getting negative reactions just as he said...

Ha ha, my post count is just the result of having way, way too much free time.

Sano
Aug 8, 2012, 11:57 AM
My advice to everyone is to just ignore any unwarranted negative posts. Also known as "Don't feed the trolls." ^^

Now, that doesn't mean ignore/rage on someone if their opinion differs from yours and is debating with you in a civil manner. Just remember your manners and be respectful, even if others aren't. It will help the community int he long run.

Oh and /wave to all the lurkers ^^. I am also one who enjoys the quiet life (02' join date :P)

**Edit**

Almost forgot to address:

I was thinking I'd like a "New Players" sub forum where I could connect with new players like me and keep it away from the Vets, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that won't actually help. It would just be a questions board.

I like that idea actually. I've seen many other forums have sections like this and it helped IMMENSELY in regards to new players getting the info they need, and the communities getting more familiar with each other. It helps new people get to know the people who aren't mean and are willing to help/give info/advice, etc. I fully support the idea of having a "New Player/Member Section/Subforum". With the right rules/guidelines put in a Sticky in the section (such as it being mentioned that the new players cannot be bashed in that section, etc), I can see it going a long way to helping form what I stated above.

Faendryl
Aug 8, 2012, 01:13 PM
Oh and /wave to all the lurkers ^^. I am also one who enjoys the quiet life (02' join date :P)

/waves

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~faendryltunare/images/psu02.jpg

hbmizzle10
Aug 8, 2012, 02:53 PM
i'm sorry

i guess i should've said, maybe if you cross your fingers really hard and tap your ruby shoes together, men will start being nice to you on the internet

it's even inappropriate to bring up feminist schtick right now. 'perpetuate misogyny?' lmao if anything my post was more misandrist by generalizing men's actions

but it's true so

has people been exceptionally mean to you on the here or on any website?

you know OP the thread u started actually revealed the kinda nice people you were looking for. maybe you should friend them and get to know them better eh?

La'Haryl
Aug 8, 2012, 03:08 PM
Just lurk, man. If you lurk long enough, you end up knowing which users are worth replying to and which users to avoid replying to.

If you come in posting opinions, trying to help people and giving critiques of the game, you'll have every passive-aggressive kid on your ass, taking out his/her sexually repressed feelings for his/her mother/father on you.

I was a part of this forum at the start of the GC days and about 5 months in everything went downhill. I don't see how we can have a community that's similar to the World of Warcraft playerbase on these forums, yet I never run into these dicks in game. Everyone in-game is pretty alright, and I can always blacklist the occasional yet rare buzz-kill.

3 Rules of these forums;

1; If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

2; If you can't follow rule 1, lurk.

3; If you can't follow rule 1 or 2, just be a self-righteous prick like everyone else.

Ryna
Aug 8, 2012, 03:20 PM
Just lurk, man. If you lurk long enough, you end up knowing which users are worth replying to and which users to avoid replying to.

If you come in posting opinions, trying to help people and giving critiques of the game, you'll have every passive-aggressive kid on your ass, taking out his/her sexually repressed feelings for his/her mother/father on you.

I was a part of this forum at the start of the GC days and about 5 months in everything went downhill. I don't see how we can have a community that's similar to the World of Warcraft playerbase on these forums, yet I never run into these dicks in game. Everyone in-game is pretty alright, and I can always blacklist the occasional yet rare buzz-kill.

3 Rules of these forums;

1; If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

2; If you can't follow rule 1, lurk.

3; If you can't follow rule 1 or 2, just be a self-righteous prick like everyone else.

Don't listen to this guy.

Be active on the forum and help out other people. If you think someone is being rude, report them and let the moderation team deal with them.

PSO-World is all about its community. You'll encounter a lot of awesome people. However, you'll run into a few rotten apples. Don't let those people ruin your fun.