PDA

View Full Version : Can't Load My Character

Marcantus
Aug 7, 2012, 03:37 PM
I'm new to PSO 2 and I used a tutorial to figure out most of how it works, including using the character creator before actually logging into the game. So yesterday, I used character creator to create a new character and was able to log into the game with this character. However, today, I try to load up the character I made, but a prompt comes up and sends me to the pso 2 site for some reason. I quit the game and tried two other times with the same result. Does anyone know what I could possibly be doing wrong?

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2012, 03:57 PM
You selecting the right ship (server)? Does it mention AC? Rules? What steps are you taking?

Marcantus
Aug 7, 2012, 04:03 PM
Well, I logged into ship 7 yesterday, and I logged into that same ship today. Yesterday I was able to load up the character I had made. Since that didn't work, I figured trying to load it up on the character creator(it's still saved in there) to see if maybe I had to do that first before it would allow me to load it in the actual game.

Basically, I logged in with my ID on ship 7 but when I clicked the first option(after choosing the ship and logging in.) which I was told in a tutorial was how you choose your character. Yesterday I'd click the first option and it would bring up a second large rectangular button(it's the only one there) which yesterday, allowed me to get to the character creation screen where I could load up my character. Today, I'd click those first two options and it brought up a prompt which sent me to the pso 2 site instead of allowing me to get to the character creation screen.

Yes, it mentioned 500 AC or something in that prompt.

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 04:35 PM
seems like you are trying to buy another character. provided you aren't getting any errors/dcd, after logging in to your ship, just spam enter, problem solved.

Marcantus
Aug 7, 2012, 05:17 PM
seems like you are trying to buy another character. provided you aren't getting any errors/dcd, after logging in to your ship, just spam enter, problem solved.

I spammed enter like you suggested, but it doesn't do anything, just brings up the same prompt asking if I want to buy a new character for 500 AC, which I am not trying to do, I'm trying to load the first character I made. I'm not getting any errors either. It worked fine yesterday.

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 05:25 PM
haven't the foggiest idea unless...you didn't happen to... delete your character did you? from what i understand, if you delete a character, you have to pay to create another.

jooozek
Aug 7, 2012, 05:28 PM
haven't the foggiest idea unless...you didn't happen to... delete your character did you? from what i understand, if you delete a character, you have to pay to create another.
You don't have to pay if you have no characters on your account (even after creating one and then deleting it).

I'm sure you are picking the wrong ship, check all the ships, starting with 1.

Marcantus
Aug 7, 2012, 05:29 PM
you didn't happen to... delete your character did you?

No, I didn't, all I did after I was done yesterday was quit the game.

Asakust

No, that's only if you bought another character and deleted it.

You are picking the wrong ship for sure if it's asking for AC to create another char with a blank slate.

blace

Deleting the first character carries no or cost to create again, just the second character onward cost extra.

As for your problem, it sounds like you were trying to log in to a different ship.

Marcantus
Aug 7, 2012, 05:37 PM
As for your problem, it sounds like you were trying to log in to a different ship.

Yep, I mixed them up, 8 was the one that I used not seven, my character was listed in ship 8. I was relieved that the problem was due to my own negligence. Thanks for the help that was offered. I didn't think it mattered what server you joined, I figured you could use the same character in any server and apparently I was wrong.