PDA

View Full Version : Panic weapon ability glitched?

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2012, 07:06 PM
I put Panic III on a gunslash, but have never seen an enemy get panic status from my attacks

Has anyone used a weapon with Panic II or III, and had it work?

Crimson Exile
Aug 7, 2012, 07:16 PM
Might not work on some enemies. I've never had it on a striking weapon but panic 2 on a launcher works fine even on some bosses.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2012, 07:17 PM
Might not work on some enemies. I've never had it on a striking weapon but panic 2 on a launcher works fine even on some bosses.

Huh. I've never seen panic work on literally any forest or volcano creature, but if Malou is in my party, one cast of Gigrants panics half the enemies. Perhaps just Panic III is broken and literally does nothing

Dinosaur
Aug 7, 2012, 07:21 PM
I had it on a launcher a very long time ago. It occurs, but the effect sucks anyways.

Crimson Exile
Aug 7, 2012, 07:23 PM
Huh. I've never seen panic work on literally any forest or volcano creature, but if Malou is in my party, one cast of Gigrants panics half the enemies. Perhaps just Panic III is broken and literally does nothing
I can test it with Gigrants in cave or forest if you want. Don't have any weapons with it though.

Ken_the_turtle
Aug 7, 2012, 07:25 PM
my gunslash has panic II and it works, even on neberus natives and dragonkin

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2012, 07:37 PM
I had it on a launcher a very long time ago. It occurs, but the effect sucks anyways.

Panic III?
Because Panic III can only be created by Dudu, but it's as if the option to create Panic III shouldn't exist

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 07:50 PM
What exactly does Panic even do?

Blackheart521
Aug 7, 2012, 07:51 PM
What exactly does Panic even do?

I think it's like a confuse status where the enemy attacks other enemies. ^^;

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 07:52 PM
Oh, "panic" is "confusion." Got it. I'll just call it "confusion" (since that's what it's always been called in other PS games) to avoid...well, confusion.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 08:05 PM
Panic confused the hell out of me, too. It's always been "confusion", right?

Crimson Exile
Aug 7, 2012, 08:14 PM
Oh, "panic" is "confusion." Got it. I'll just call it "confusion" (since that's what it's always been called in other PS games) to avoid...well, confusion.
Lol you just confused the s**t out of me.

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 08:38 PM
Panic confused the hell out of me, too. It's always been "confusion", right?

Yeah, it has. Why in the holiest of hells they decided to rename it "panic" in PSO2 is beyond me. But, yes, it's "confusion."

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah, it has. Why in the holiest of hells they decided to rename it "panic" in PSO2 is beyond me. But, yes, it's "confusion."

Well, I wouldn't know if it was called Panic or not in all of the Japanese games. PSO2 is the first Japanese Phantasy Star I've invested into

Omega-z
Aug 7, 2012, 11:44 PM
In PSO the confusion spell was called Panic ( at least one of the level's of that spell was )

Like Shock, Thunder, Tempest for lightening spell level's.

ScottyMango
Aug 7, 2012, 11:47 PM
Yes, I'd often find "Panic Sabers" in PSO ep1/2. It was confusion back then too.

Macman
Aug 8, 2012, 12:04 AM
Panic in PSO1 was a TIER in the line of confusion abilities weapons had.

It went Panic > Riot > Havoc > Chaos in order from weakest to strongest.