PDA

View Full Version : Japan blocks all non-jp residents?

Sirius-91
Aug 7, 2012, 09:28 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=293

Words cannot describe how mad I am.

EDIT: To make you feel better, have some calm words of "Hope" http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2832534&postcount=24

lagnarok
Aug 7, 2012, 09:29 PM
wow really....

Metaru
Aug 7, 2012, 09:29 PM
Wt..No.. nooooway. God...

Hosaka
Aug 7, 2012, 09:30 PM
WAIT WHAT

Skye-Fox713
Aug 7, 2012, 09:31 PM
the fuck.....

LK1721
I'm honestly not surprised, but I am rather sad.

Almeho
That is NOT what I wanted to see before I went to sleep tonight.

Jungo Torii
Aug 7, 2012, 09:32 PM
WAIT WHAT
Well, this is quite the disappointing turn of events...

WELP, GOOD THING PERSONA 4 ARENA CAME OUT TODAY.

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 09:32 PM
Fortunately, using a VPN to get around it is not all that difficult. (In some cases, it can actually be faster.)

Metaru
Aug 7, 2012, 09:33 PM
I hate too see the reaction to the people who bought AC that they will soon find out will go unused.

NoiseHERO
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Shakuri
No surprise there.

DoubleCannon
uhhhhh ok wtf does this mean!? Are you saying my 125 hours spent playing and working so hard on my character and rare hunting and and is this saying we wont be able to play it anymore!?

kkow
words cannot express... i just bought ac too.

Courina
Aug 7, 2012, 09:34 PM
isnt that gonna make em lost alot of player worldwide?

Shirai
WHAT THE.

NO. NO.
DON'T WANT TO GO TO NA/EU WHEN IT COMES OUT.
NO.

Blastifyys
aww fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Zipzo
There is not an "I told you so" meme that would be hilarious enough to post for how much I wanted to rub this in.

I'm personally not disappointed at all. See you all on the US/EU. Where you belong.

KEV1N
Aug 7, 2012, 09:35 PM
Wow. Fuck you Sega.

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 09:36 PM
can i jump on the bandwagon and blame ship 6 block 20 now?.... goddmandfsddasfd

and if this is the treatment we get, screw NA/EU release.

gundam0079
welll this majorly sucks.....................well vpn client here i come.

Sirius-91
Now it's limited to 2 options.

Get a VPN (even though they state you cannot do so) or wait for the North American/European release.

There's also the expensive option: Quit your job, break off any relationships you have, sell everything and move to japan.

Metaru
words cannot express... i just bought ac too.

See? I knew it was gonna happen.

Vashyron
Cool, from what I see panic about a TOS change to back how it was in the Betas.

It's a rule change, they aren't actually blocking non JP IPs.

Jakosifer
Lol'd pretty hard.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 09:37 PM
NEK MINNIT IP BANNED!

Asakust
oh look, now my vpn can stop collecting dust. . .

NoiseHERO
Ermmm...

Welp, this is what happens when a bunch of assholes make themselves TOO much at home. >_>

BRB joining the "Ship 2 retards and hackers ruined it for everybody" club.

Blastifyys
now i have nothing tomplay i was just out to go buy a new laptop to run this game on full settings and blade and soul im done

Zyrusticae
There is not an "I told you so" meme that would be hilarious enough to post for how much I wanted to rub this in.

I'm personally not disappointed at all. See you all on the US/EU. Where you belong.
How about fuck you?

This is not the time to be a smug asshat. Seriously. Don't provoke people when emotions are going to be running as high as they are.

BIG OLAF

This. It doesn't say anything about an IP ban. This was also in the Closed Beta ToS, and guess what? We played that, didn't we?

Aeris
Aug 7, 2012, 09:38 PM
NEK MINNIT IP BANNED!

Was waiting for this post to show up.

Ysi
I can't say I am rather excited to play anything run by SoA. Thank god for GW2 I guess. Words cannot express how frustrating it is for them to do this. And conveniently after most of us have spent AC on the last scratch?

Kanivakil
Well. Look at the bright side. That's an extra 8 GB for your hard drive!

Sirius-91
This. It doesn't say anything about an IP ban. This was also in the Closed Beta ToS, and guess what? We played that, didn't we?

True. Will edit my post then to reflect this

Zyrusticae
Aug 7, 2012, 09:39 PM
It was?

Huh.

Strange that it was removed for OB and release, if so. Still, I wait to see if they actually institute an IP block.

gravityvx
zzzz will be logging in tomorrow, big deal

gundam0079
We patronizing "Phantasy Star Online 2" from patronage, Thank you very much.
August 8, 2012 from 11:00 (Wed), Terms of Use "Phantasy Star Online 2" will be revised as follows.
The Section 8 specifies a new Article 2.
(Use of game servers) Article 2 of
this connection to the game server 8., you shall be limited to the connection from the software that is installed on the terminal exists in Japan.
It is prohibited to connect via a direct connection to Japan from abroad, and a terminal located in Japan and from outside Japan.
"Phantasy Star Online 2", so you strive so that you can provide you with the best possible service in the future by everyone,
We look forward to your continued patronage continued.
Management team "Phantasy Star Online 2"

looking at it again, does it mean they will actually use IP blocker or saying that we are not supposed to play if we are from across the world?

Chacron
They would seriously do this right before the update? *sigh* Really Sega? Really?

Garnet_Moon
It's not an IP block.

DoubleCannon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:40 PM
i just finally got the partisan ive been hunting for!! I was preparing to set up the abilities for the weapon!!

Also now I wont get to play quartz dragon omg bullshitttt

Edit: Oh right its not an IP block! OMG perhaps there is hope!! We wont know until after the update

KEV1N
Aug 7, 2012, 09:40 PM
Even if there isn't an IP block what's going to happen when you're seen chatting in the lobby or whatever in English?

Seraphus
Aug 7, 2012, 09:41 PM

Double this. Of course it doesn't actually rule out the possibility of IP blocking and no one should in the first place. Also, way to get a lot of people to hate you Zipzo.

gundam0079
Aug 7, 2012, 09:41 PM
Even if there isn't an IP block what's going to happen when you're seen chatting in the lobby or whatever in English?

well in Monster hunter frontier, they have hardcore IP blocks and if you happen to get on and speak english, people will report you. so unless SEGA is like that. who knows

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2012, 09:42 PM
How about fuck you?

This is not the time to be a smug asshat. Seriously. Don't provoke people when emotions are going to be running as high as they are.

Your emotions won't modify the means by which I'll employ my posts in the slightest.

It's funny. I was just talking about how service is all but worse than the service you receive playing on JP...and what do you know, now it's against the TOS for you to even play their game. I'm sorry I'm sure many who share in my opinion can see the humor in that.

Gardios
Aug 7, 2012, 09:42 PM
Let's see what happens. I'm concerned that they're actually enforcing the ToS since we're not in a beta stage anymore, but... Mmh...

Well. Look at the bright side. That's an extra 8 GB for your hard drive!

I needed some hard drive space for Planetside 2 anyway lol

Shakuri
Aug 7, 2012, 09:43 PM
It was?

Huh.

It was indeed.
If it's anything like PSU, they won't do a thing though.

Public chatting is sinful.

Blastifyys
well i wont be seen chating i will only chat to my guild nvr in lobby nvrrrrr

Metaru

They can't just see someone typing in english and be "Your not from Japan gtfo" , I think if it was a large portion of people theyd see a problem.

Ueno54
Wouldn't people just find a good proxy if they ip blocked anyway?

DoubleCannon
ok so new plan.. everyone do not say a word, we now become silent ninjas lol OR google translate and hope it dont fail you

Neirene
It's the usual protocol for saying "Japanese Domestic Market Only" that happened in PSOBB and PSU the same thing is mentioned also on the PSU TOS and people can still play the game as usual i cannot get the PSOBB one because the site is closed.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/support/rule/

It's just an update in the TOS no need to panic so much.

Almeho
Guess I'll just log after work tomorrow and see what happens. Cheers & G'nite.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 7, 2012, 09:44 PM
Was waiting for this post to show up.

I have a fan!

gundam0079
Aug 7, 2012, 09:44 PM
hahah only way to know is wake up after maintainence and try to log in. hope we can still get it. :P

Resanoca
Aug 7, 2012, 09:45 PM
The sad thing is, even if they don't start IP banning... I somehow get the feeling people will continue on like usual, piss the rest of game off, and FORCE an IP ban.

Kanore
can we please delete this topic to avoid spreading a fucking extreme rumor

Gardios
Wouldn't people just find a good proxy if they ip blocked anyway?

Depends. Arad Senki banned most VPN IPs save for a few that you had to pay for, for example.

Asakust
Aug 7, 2012, 09:46 PM
Depends. Arad Senki banned most VPN IPs save for a few that you had to pay, for example.

Playing on a free vpn has godawful lag anyways, why would you do that.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:46 PM
Thank you SEGA, I can post this in EVERY thread about PSO2 that isn't started by a resident of Japan, or reply to everybody posting how they are playing and NOT in Japan.

http://i.imgur.com/gpZFT.jpg

Starting with this one.

Ueno54
Aug 7, 2012, 09:47 PM
ok so new plan.. everyone do not say a word, we now become silent ninjas lol OR google translate and hope it dont fail you

Already got it covered! *sits in the corner*

Kanivakil
Just curious. How did you find this information or became aware of it? You must read Japanese?

Metaru
There's possibility as well that they disabled the coding for the english patch. No? Yes... Sure anyway, who cares if I'm able to log on later, what'll be the big deal? and if you think about it, coming from an asian. How would you guys feel if people were border hopping the servers of a NA/EU mmo, and hacking.. (But then again there are a slight few NA/EU mmos that are).

Lostbob117
Yeah this doesn't mean we're all getting banned.

Skye-Fox713
Aug 7, 2012, 09:48 PM

Rather than make a knee jerk and very insulting respond I'll say this...That is quite a rude comment, because if I recall Sega removed the Japan only clause from the TOA and we were in our full rights to play the game. It is unfortunate that they put it back in.

Neirene
Aug 7, 2012, 09:48 PM
Depends. Arad Senki banned most VPN IPs save for a few that you had to pay, for example.

You cannot compare a closed minded korean company like NEXON with SEGA i've played all their online games (PSOBB,RF Online, Splash Golf, PSU and PSO2) to date and they always say the same in their ToS and never there has been a problem about ip blocking and such!

As long as you behave correctly in the game they are not going to ban you or do a massive IP ban at all.

Chaosfissure
Aug 7, 2012, 09:49 PM
The interesting thing to note is that is says connection to server 8 would be limited by these rules. Unless someone can do a pro translation (I got a friend to do it quickly), I'm only thinking that this affects ship 8 at the moment.

I could be widely mistaken. So don't take my word on this.

Xaeris
can we please delete this topic to avoid spreading a fucking extreme rumor

This. Please.

Ueno54
There's possibility as well that they disabled the coding for the english patch. No? Yes... Sure anyway, who cares if I'm able to log on later, what'll be the big deal? and if you think about it, coming from an asian. How would you guys feel if people were border hopping the servers of a NA/EU mmo, and hacking.. (But then again there are a slight few NA/EU mmos that are).

We get mad and scream bloody murder and ip ban for BR players.

Shakuri
Ugh, why does the stupid news page not load at all for me? I want to actually see what it says.

Alternatively, can someone just copypasta the text here

Enforcer MKV
Aug 7, 2012, 09:50 PM
Thank you SEGA, I can post this in EVERY thread about PSO2 that isn't started by a resident of Japan, or reply to everybody posting how they are playing and NOT in Japan.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/gpZFT.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Starting with this one.

Look, Garnet, usually I laugh at your remarks and all, but.....

Just, not this time, okay? At least give it a little time for people to get over it, please? ^^;

EDIT: Yeah, the server 8 thing caught my attention, too. Can we get a native speaker to clearly translate this, please?

ps0k1d
Cool, from what I see panic about a TOS change to back how it was in the Betas.

I wonder why the sudden change in ToS though. Also if this has some sort of connection to people not being able to use foreign Visa cards as of recent on the Sega website to buy AC.

kkow
The interesting thing to note is that is says connection to server 8 would be limited by these rules. Unless someone can do a pro translation (I got a friend to do it quickly), I'm only thinking that this affects ship 8 at the moment.

not pro by any means, but it's pretty straight foward. the numbers are just the new tos clause im assuming. maybe someone better at japanese can verify.

Lyrah
We get mad and scream bloody murder and ip ban for BR players.

So I think the general consensus here is that anyone from the Americas sucks ass

GoldenFalcon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:51 PM

I could be widely mistaken. So don't take my word on this.

That doesn't say ship 8 or server 8, it simply means clause 8 in the TOS

Metaru
So I think the general consensus here is that anyone from the Americas sucks ass

Uhhh, tf? If that's what you got out of it.

Wayu
第2条(ゲームサーバーの利用)
8. 本ゲームサーバーへの接続は、日本国内に存在する端末にインストールされたソフトウェアからの接続に限るも のとします。
日本国外から直接接続をすること、及び日本国外から日本国内に所在する端末等を経由して接続することを禁止 します。

That's the paragraph in question, right.

If I'm reading this right you have to play the game off of software that was DOWNLOADED IN JAPAN.

The second line says it's against the rules to use a proxy or whatever to access a terminal IN Japan from OUTSIDE of it.

-Wayu

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 09:52 PM
Let's see what happens...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?419541-Japan-blocks-all-non-JP-IPs-from-PSO2

Ysi
Ugh, why does the stupid news page not load at all for me? I want to actually see what it says.

Alternatively, can someone just copypasta the text here

平素より『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき、誠にありがとうございます。
2012年8月8日(水)11:00より、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』利用規約を下記のとおり改定 させていただきます。
第2条8項をあらたに定めます。
第2条(ゲームサーバーの利用)
『ファンタシースターオンライン2』は、今後も皆様によりよいサービスをご提供できますよう努めてまいりま すので、
引き続き変わらぬご愛顧を賜りますようお願い申し上げます。
『ファンタシースターオンライン2』運営チーム

I don't think this is saying ship 8. Rather it is addressing article 8 in the ToS?

Chaosfissure
I caught that too when I tossed it into Google Translate for a quick n' sloppy read-over. That would be really odd if that's what it meant.

Unfortunately, I'm not convinced with that 8 appearing to be a heading number. So as I said, it sounds rather strange, and I'm probably going to wait to hear a real translation of this. Chances the garbled google translate is enough to to give the general gist, but I'd want a final, real translation of it before jumping all frenetically.

Silver Crow
Aug 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
it's so frustrating that weaboos had to go and ruin it by constantly spamming english in chat on a japanese game and ontop of that hacking. you couldn't keep to yourself and learn a bit of japanese could you? fuckin pisses me off. i actually put the effort in leaving my client non-english patched to learn as much japanese as possible and use some basic phrases when i needed to. now its fucked if its an ip ban. if it isnt an ip ban that they sure as hell need to ip ban. im sick of all these lazy asses not respecting the japanese people and spamming english. how would you like it if a bunch of foreigners went on your game and started spamming in their language. grr.. whatever.. i guess i'll have to buy a vpn if it comes to it..

Wayu
It's not ship 8. It's a Google Translate fail.

-Wayu

gravityvx
"平素より『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき、誠にありがとうございます。
2012年8月8日(水)11:00より、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』利用規約を下記のとおり改定 させていただきます。
第2条8項をあらたに定めます。
第2条(ゲームサーバーの利用)
『ファンタシースターオンライン2』は、今後も皆様によりよいサービスをご提供できますよう努めてまいりま すので、
引き続き変わらぬご愛顧を賜りますようお願い申し上げます。
『ファンタシースターオンライン2』運営チーム"