PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 google translate is not efficient for whole paragraphs

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 10:07 PM
when reading anything from user agreements, to whole item descriptions on the AC shop, to news articles through google translate or any other online translator, the translation is never reliable. what a translator does to japanese is literally translate the words as written and try to piece it together as much as possible. it doesn't do what you're supposed to do when reading the language yourself; it's just a machine translator spitting stuff back to you as given.

please don't post japanese news articles and present them as fact if you're reading them through google translate

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 10:08 PM
'kay.

Kanore
Aug 7, 2012, 10:11 PM
too many big words for you?

kkow
Aug 7, 2012, 10:13 PM
referring to the tos clause? cause i'm reading it and its pretty damn straight foward even to me. by all means correct me.

Chacron
Aug 7, 2012, 10:17 PM
when reading anything from user agreements, to whole item descriptions on the AC shop, to news articles through google translate or any other online translator, the translation is never reliable. what a translator does to japanese is literally translate the words as written and try to piece it together as much as possible. it doesn't do what you're supposed to do when reading the language yourself; it's just a machine translator spitting stuff back to you as given.

please don't post japanese news articles and present them as fact if you're reading them through google translate

I agree, google translate isn't so reliable that we should go from it word from word. However, it does give us an idea of whats being said....and whats being said doesn't look all that positive. While we won't be 100% certain of whats going until we get some definite proof, in the mean time things aren't looking so good.

Sayara
Aug 7, 2012, 10:18 PM
Lets just calm down and relax for a few hours.
All cranky butts need their naps.