PDA

View Full Version : IP block starting... your thoughts?

Arkives
Aug 7, 2012, 11:38 PM
PSO2 to start IP Blocks (http://www.mmoculture.com/?p=3556)

Dan Maku
Aug 7, 2012, 11:39 PM
inb4lock

DemonMike
Smerry gaijin using smerry gaijin connections keep making the damn same smerry thread.

Macman
1. You were beaten to it
2. It's not confirmed yet
3. Inb4lock

Fox2Tails
Aug 7, 2012, 11:40 PM
My thoughts? This topic again ._.

Halcyote
Aug 7, 2012, 11:40 PM
lmaooooo

Link1275
Aug 7, 2012, 11:41 PM
inb4lock

Arkives
1. You were beaten to it
2. It's not confirmed yet
3. Inb4lock

"SEGA announced the IP blocking of non-Japanese IP for Phantasy Star Online 2 after the huge content update today."

Dan Maku
"SEGA announced the IP blocking of non-Japanese IP for Phantasy Star Online 2 after the huge content update today."

...says some idjit who assumes PSO-World to be a credible source.

Kondibon
There was already a thread about this. There is no IP block, It was just a change to the ToS. It's now against the ToS to play outside of japan. This is nothing new in MMOs that plan on having separate regional servers.

gravityvx
What they announced was a change to their ToS, derp.

DemonMike
Aug 7, 2012, 11:42 PM

"Please man, I got these cheeeseburgers maaaaan"

Macman
No they didn't. They simply added the ToS line saying it's against the ToS to play if you aren't Japanese.

The same thing that was on JP-PSU, and that never stopped us.

Fox2Tails

That was a conclusion people made from Google Translate.

Dunno why, felt like replying in bold too.

Mikura
Oh hey look, one of these threads again. orz

Dan Maku
I updated my client. Clearly, my IP is not blocked.

Now, where the fuck are the mods?

Halcyote
guys guys

this is legit game journalism here

Garnet_Moon
It's not an IP block. And if it is I'll eat my ducati diavel.

Shakuri
They're releasing the ENG version early, that's why they made sure to put that back in their ToS.

Kanore
amazing how one google translate fuck up can fuck up everyone else's day

Macman
Aug 7, 2012, 11:43 PM
They're releasing the ENG version early, that's why they made sure to put that back in their ToS.
I wished, lol.

EvilMag
Aug 7, 2012, 11:44 PM
EspioKaos, I choose you! Now translated that shit and see what it truly says.

Dan Maku
Aug 7, 2012, 11:44 PM
guys guys

this is legit game journalism here

Jim Sterling is more credible than this.

Halcyote
Aug 7, 2012, 11:45 PM
Jim Sterling is more credible than this.

the onion is more credible than game journalism.

iTz PooKiie xx
amazing how one google translate fuck up can fuck up everyone else's day

I would translate but..... I've been silently loling at these threads,and what people "think" what is translated means ip ban.

Love people on here.<3

Enforcer MKV
Here are my thoughts:

[SPOILER-BOX]SHUT. UP. ABOUT. THIS![/SPOILER-BOX]

Alenoir
Aug 7, 2012, 11:46 PM
There is now a clause in the PSO2 JP Terms of Service that mentions that the connection to the game server is restricted to only those within Japanese territory. It is prohibited to connect directly to the game server outside of Japan as well as connect via a Japanese computer terminal outside of Japan.

Sauce (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-japanese-connections-only/).

To be honest, does sound like a ban is in effect, but can't say anything 'till server's up. Just be prepared for the worst.

Arkives
Aug 7, 2012, 11:46 PM
geez guys, no need to be assholes.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 11:47 PM

I'll second this.

Kondibon
I'll second this.

I third it. But people ARE a bit antsy at the moment.

Macman
I would translate but..... I've been silently loling at threads and info they have translated with google translate.

Love people on here.<3

That translates to "I don't know Japanese and just want to troll." :wacko:

_Nue
Aug 7, 2012, 11:48 PM
Here's a thought: Ignore these threads.

Fox2Tails

People can only take so much ignorance, you just happened to put it over the top

Garnet_Moon

I'm not! I'm watching Batman and Robin on G4! Uh oh, commercial is over! C-ya~

Kondibon
Here's a thought: Ignore these threads.

That takes the fun out of it. And a few people do seem to have just wanted to explain the situation better.

LK1721

Fourth it and agree with this also.

EvilMag
Wow I come back and this thread already has 4 pages.

Never change PSOW

Enforcer MKV
Aug 7, 2012, 11:49 PM

And I really don't blame them. This doesn't help, considering we've got people going "LOLOLOLOL, TOLD YOU SO!" rubbing salt in the wound.

This is just a bad night for abroad fans. Forgive us if we're a bit.......angry. :/

gravityvx

But this wouldn't be psow without someone blowing nothing out of enormous proportions amirite?

Polly
Wow I come back and this thread already has 4 pages.

Never change PSOW

Change your topic view settings to feature the max number of posts per page. You'll feel a LOT better about seeing topics on the forum index having gone on for longer than they ever deserved to.

Polly
Aug 7, 2012, 11:51 PM
the onion is more credible than game journalism.

Aw, I think Patrick Klepek's work at Giant Bomb is pretty good and (mostly) even-handed. :(

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 7, 2012, 11:52 PM
That translates to "I don't know Japanese and just want to troll." :wacko:

彼は確かに愚か者だ。

Mikura
Aug 7, 2012, 11:53 PM
I'm not! I'm watching Batman and Robin on G4! Uh oh, commercial is over! C-ya~

I....I've just lost all respect for you.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 7, 2012, 11:55 PM
I think you need to cool it with jumping to conclusions while I chill on my bean bag chair. This thread seems to have lost some heat as well in the past few minutes.

How very ice of you all.

EvilMag
Aug 7, 2012, 11:56 PM
I think you need to cool it with jumping to conclusions while I chill on my bean bag chair. This thread seems to have lost some heat as well in the past few minutes.

How very ice of you all.

That guy was awesome in Batman and Robin.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 7, 2012, 11:57 PM

How very ice of you all.

Quite a frigid reception, don'tcha think?

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 11:58 PM
Garnet's pretty good at her freeze style rap.

[spoiler-box]http://weather.blogs.starnewsonline.com/files/2012/04/freeze.jpg[/spoiler-box]

GrieverXVII
imo...i'm not going to assume this is fact yet. but on bumped he does state that they implemented it into the ToS again. i wonder if we are still able to connect, it's just kinda silly because if they really didn't want foreign connections they'd just IP block.

This will suck hard if it happens though...it hurts because i've played with some japanese players that have openly said that english community is more cooperative and friendly to play with. and what sucks more is that hackers have also played a part in emergency maintanence checks and etc. and it frustrates me that 1 bad person can often represent or ruin a whole community because of selfishness. like a wise guy said in another thread, "this is why we can't have nice things..."

EvilMag
Taking a chill pill.

Mikura
Aug 8, 2012, 12:00 AM
That guy was awesome in Batman and Robin.

Nothing can top the *BAM* Bat Credit Card though. I wonder if it's able to purchase more than 500 AC at a time.

Link1275
Aug 8, 2012, 12:00 AM
I was doing some thinking on the subject and. Isn't there some kind of law or something of some sort that says that you have to be a citizen of Japan to be bound by a legal document written under Japanese law? Also wouldn't it make sense for them to put that clause in there for legal reasons?

Anon_Fire
Aug 8, 2012, 12:02 AM
Guys guys guys, you're all getting WAY ahead of yourselves. This is nothing new. You probably read something similar in the ToS during PSU JP and PSO2's Closed Beta.

Fujiko
http://lhdreviews.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/dont-panic-thumb2.jpg

Don't panic, remain calm! Yay hitchhikers!

Atraeus

What's wrong with that? :|

-Sya-

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 12:03 AM
Guys guys guys, you're all getting WAY ahead of yourselves. This is nothing new. You probably read something similar in the ToS during PSU JP and PSO2's Closed Beta.

Also wouldn't it make sense for them to put that clause in there for legal reasons?

Exactly.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 8, 2012, 12:04 AM
imo...i'm not going to assume this is fact yet. but on bumped he does state that they implemented it into the ToS again. i wonder if we are still able to connect, it's just kinda silly because if they really didn't want foreign connections they'd just IP block.

This will suck hard if it happens though...it hurts because i've played with some japanese players that have openly said that english community is more cooperative and friendly to play with. and what sucks more is that hackers have also played a part in emergency maintanence checks and etc. and it frustrates me that 1 bad person can often represent or ruin a whole community because of selfishness. like a wise guy said in another thread, "this is why we can't have nice things..."

Wow, some of the Japanese really thought that highly of us? I mean, I know they're not as bad as some make them out to be, but.....

Man, now I feel bad for shying away from them because of the language barrier....Need to get onto these Japanese symbols faster....

Aewyn
Aug 8, 2012, 12:05 AM
...says some idjit who assumes PSO-World to be a credible source.http://pso2.com/us

Look at the bottom right of the page. Just saying.

Also I don't think anyone is getting banned straight away. We'll see.

Arika
Aug 8, 2012, 12:05 AM
EspioKaos, I choose you! Now translated that shit and see what it truly says.

Talking about Espiokaos, where is he now? I missed him ;_;

Mikura
Aug 8, 2012, 12:08 AM
Wow, some of the Japanese really thought that highly of us? I mean, I know they're not as bad as some make them out to be, but.....

Man, now I feel bad for shying away from them because of the language barrier....Need to get onto these Japanese symbols faster....

Japanese players aren't hard to get along with if you could speak their language. Which is why I've been trying to put some effort into learning Japanese. I've been meaning to anyway. Just this game gives me more incentive to do so.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 8, 2012, 12:09 AM
Japanese players aren't hard to get along with if you could speak their language. Which is why I've been trying to put some effort into learning Japanese. I've been meaning to anyway. Just this game gives me more incentive to do so.

yeah, only reason I shy away from them is because of the language barrier. Shame, too. :/

Need to learn more....

disabledflaw
Aug 8, 2012, 12:10 AM
I've already explained this but its most likely for reponsibility reasons. They have it in there so they dont have to support anyone connecting outside of japan. Pretty much everyone who bitches to them about lost AC and what not. It's the same as microsoft saying dont mess with your xbox but if you do well then you're hosed, warranty voided.

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 12:11 AM
yeah, only reason I shy away from them is because of the language barrier. Shame, too. :/

Need to learn more....

I honestly feel the same way. As some one else said there are probobly a lot of japanese players too who are more afraid of embarrassing them selves than actually hating us "baka gaijins". I've played plenty of english mmos that have similar rules to this but still have spanish speaking communities. I certainly don't feel offended and hate them for being there.

EDIT: To reiterate I mean south american Spanish. Not just Spanish people living in the US.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 8, 2012, 12:14 AM
I honestly feel the same way. As some one else said there are probobly a lot of japanese players too who are more afraid of embarrassing them selves than actually hating us "baka gaijins". I've played plenty of english mmos that have similar rules to this but still have spanish speaking communities. I certainly don't feel offended and hate them for being there.

Exactly....

I mean, people act like it's impossible that people are legitimately worried about embarrassing themselves on the internet/game. It's just not like that.

~Inu~
Aug 8, 2012, 12:17 AM
You know what I hate more than trolls? Actually I don't hate trolls, but the answer to the question I was about to say is: Griefers.

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 12:19 AM
You know what I hate more than trolls? Actually I don't hate trolls, but the answer to the question I was about to say is: Griefers.

The only real difference between a griefer and a troll is the setting. They're both just trying to get a reaction by being obtrusive or annoying. But yes, griefers are far more annoying in general than the tololol people as they can actually ruin the gaming experience on a whole other level.

La'Haryl
Aug 8, 2012, 12:19 AM
You shall be limited to the connection from the software that is installed on the terminal exists in Japan.
It is prohibited to connect via a direct connection to Japan from abroad, and a terminal located in Japan and from outside Japan

That sounds like an IP Block to me. But unlike a lot of people on here I actually read so, yah.

Aewyn
Aug 8, 2012, 12:22 AM
It sounds like an IP block because you're anticipating an IP block. All you see before you are some words technically prohibiting connections to the game from outside the electronic borders of Japan. There are probably many laws you break daily that are selectively enforced because they only exist to nab people they really want to get, so I wouldn't worry about this at all until you find out whether or not you really are banned.

Link1275
Aug 8, 2012, 12:22 AM
May I point out an all too often problem on US/EU MMOs that's already been mentioned again? Everyone keeps saying put yourself into their shoes, but the only time we have that problem is usually with BRs, which are often hacking on the games that they are playing on. Has anyone ever seen much to the contrary? I'm sure that are tons that don't hack, but there are a lot more that often do hack. With the US players playing on the JP servers, no one's entirely 100% sure who's hacking. Sure the JP players are probably blaming it all on the US/EU players, or some might even be trying to make it look like we are, but... I'm actually not sure that I know where I'm going with this anymore. But you get the picture right?

La'Haryl
Aug 8, 2012, 12:24 AM
I'm not anticipating an IP block. Stop telling people what they're thinking, even though that's typical PSO-World forum behavior and it makes you fit in more than me.

From reading that part of the translated text, logically I can gather that "Your terminal is prohibited from connecting to the game via a japanese terminal, and terminals from abroad can't connect to the game".

I can READ things without ANTICIPATING because the information I seek is the the read text, I don't have to ANTICIPATE what's right in front of me.

Halcyote
Aug 8, 2012, 12:25 AM
It sounds like an IP block because you're anticipating an IP block. All you see before you are some words technically prohibiting connections to the game from outside the electronic borders of Japan. There are probably many laws you break daily that are selectively enforced because they only exist to nab people they really want to get, so I wouldn't worry about this at all until you find out whether or not you really are banned.

but it's totally an ip block

totes

see you on american servers

Aewyn
Aug 8, 2012, 12:27 AM
I can say with certainty that most of the BRs I've played with in other games were not hacking. I've always maintained that 'anyone' is capable of manipulating a game to their advantage or abusing exploits, cheat engines or what have you to do the things they do. "Hacking" isn't a national pursuit practiced only by criminals from places that seem exotic or ugly to you-- anyone can do it, if a friend shows them how, or hell, if they google, "how do I get more money in XYZ game."

It's just the breaks, man. Unfortunately, we are the most highly visible problem at the moment and I can't blame Sega for, at the very least, making it look as if they're doing something about it. Whether or not they actually have or plan to is still up in the air.

@ La'Haryl, accusing people of "typical PSO World behavior" is more "PSO World behavior" than what I said to you. See my post count? See the number of years I've been here? Yeah-- I don't spend much time here. A wonder, that.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 8, 2012, 12:27 AM
*sigh* how about we stop arguing among-st ourselves, and just chill until the Servers come back online. We'll know for sure then, sans the petty bickering.

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 12:29 AM
*sigh* how about we stop arguing among-st ourselves, and just chill until the Servers come back online. We'll know for sure then, sans the petty bickering.

I agree. We'll just have to wait and find out I guess.

Taurus83
Aug 8, 2012, 12:29 AM
From the words "It is prohibited to connect .....terminal located in Japan and...." dont seem to be IP Block. If it was IP Block then these japanese ppl who using that terminal also cant play the game. Google translate still not make sense in some words

Chibi_psu
Aug 8, 2012, 12:30 AM
we can only wait and see........ T.T

disabledflaw
Aug 8, 2012, 12:31 AM
but it does say kinshishimasu at the end and that means "we will ban" but kinshi can mean many different things :P

LK1721
Aug 8, 2012, 12:32 AM
I'm not anticipating an IP block. Stop telling people what they're thinking, even though that's typical PSO-World forum behavior and it makes you fit in more than me.

From reading that part of the translated text, logically I can gather that "Your terminal is prohibited from connecting to the game via a japanese terminal, and terminals from abroad can't connect to the game".

I can READ things without ANTICIPATING because the information I seek is the the read text, I don't have to ANTICIPATE what's right in front of me.

Well, consider this: That clause has been in every JP Phantasy Star game since BB. Yet, they have yet to act on it. So, taking previous knowledge we can guess that they might not act on it this time either. Of course, we could be wrong, but there's no reason to go belittling everyone, that's just rude.

Aewyn
Aug 8, 2012, 12:32 AM
we can only wait and see........ T.TIndeed!

Seraphus
Aug 8, 2012, 12:34 AM
...says some idjit who assumes PSO-World to be a credible source.

PSO-World is a credible source. PSO-world is not just their forums. Also the idiot is the guy from mmoculture, whatever the hell that site is. I literally shook my head in disappointment in his reply to a correction on that news post.

(also, more threads need to be locked more often)

disabledflaw
Aug 8, 2012, 12:35 AM
testing signature

didnt work :(

Still didn't work!

AURITE!

Lostbob117
Aug 8, 2012, 12:36 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Laxedrane
Aug 8, 2012, 12:37 AM
How about we all take shots every time one of these threads show up. That ought to calm us own down! Right?......RIGHT!?

Kirukia
Aug 8, 2012, 12:38 AM
How about we all take shots every time one of these threads show up. That ought to calm us own down! Right?......RIGHT!?

Totally down for a PSO-World drinking game.

Fox2Tails

If by "calm" then you mean "dead" then go for it

DerpiestShazbot
Why are thread gets blocked for mentioning this?
This is a pretty relevant issue and PSO-W isn't even an official site for Sega's game.

Aewyn
Aug 8, 2012, 12:39 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) Chill out, bros.

Lostbob117
Aug 8, 2012, 12:41 AM
┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) Chill out, bros.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ This for how many threads of this. Also to answer whoever asked about "Why do these threads get blocked?" It's because the admin already said wait until the servers are back on to speak about this.

Laxedrane
Aug 8, 2012, 12:42 AM
If by "calm" then you mean "dead" then go for it

We certainly be calmer then!

Crimson Exile
Aug 8, 2012, 12:45 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ This for how many threads of this. Also to answer whoever asked about "Why do these threads get blocked?" It's because the admin already said wait until the servers are back on to speak about this.
Oh boy the tables are starting to get flipped

_Nue
Aug 8, 2012, 12:46 AM
http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=216

Hope.

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 12:46 AM
Oh boy the tables are starting to get flipped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX6sIchYXqQ

Dan Maku
Aug 8, 2012, 12:49 AM
http://pso2.com/us

Look at the bottom right of the page. Just saying.

Also I don't think anyone is getting banned straight away. We'll see.

BUT DA SERVERS WILL BE SEGREGATED AND CONTENT GAP AND SEGA HATE BAKA GAIJIN AND AND AND

RocSage
Aug 8, 2012, 12:49 AM
Since at the time of launch of the game there was no restriction on IP, ie when people bought AC and premium stuff, and if IP bans happen simply due to being in a foreign country. It wouldn't be hard to bring a class action suit against SEGA for not fulfilling their end of the contract in terms of premium users considering I don't think 30 days has passed yet since the AC shop became available and many people got the 90 day package.

I'm not suggesting anything, but legally they would have a problem on their hands. So if there is some major "get rid of foreigners" thing going on it won't be happening until 90 days from now at the earliest.

Aewyn
Aug 8, 2012, 12:50 AM
┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) Chillax, no need to go ADE in here.

Tunayoshi Tokugawa
Aug 8, 2012, 12:55 AM
Since at the time of launch of the game there was no restriction on IP, ie when people bought AC and premium stuff, and if IP bans happen simply due to being in a foreign country. It wouldn't be hard to bring a class action suit against SEGA for not fulfilling their end of the contract in terms of premium users considering I don't think 30 days has passed yet since the AC shop became available and many people got the 90 day package.

I'm not suggesting anything, but legally they would have a problem on their hands. So if there is some major "get rid of foreigners" thing going on it won't be happening until 90 days from now at the earliest.

Tos 1-3 1-4 1-5
弊社は必要に応じて本規約を変更することができ、当該変更については、弊社が本サイトに掲載した時点から起 算して24時間後又はお客様の登録Eメールアドレス宛に通知した時に効力を生じ、且つ、その後に初めて本サ ービスをご利用いただいた時点で、お客様は、当該変更をご承諾いただいたものとします。
前項の変更内容にご承諾いただけない場合は、直ちに本サービスのご利用をお止めください。この場合でも、本 サービスの取得対価、利用料金等、名目のいかんを問わず、お客様が既に支出された費用等の返還はいたしませ ん。
お客様は、本規約の内容が本条第3項の規定のとおり変更される可能性のあることを認識し、定期的に本サイト の掲示内容をご確認いただくものとします。

ToS 2-6
お客様は、お客様が購入された個別有償サービス及びACについて、前項の定めを含むいかなる理由によっても 返金、換金、払戻し、返還を受けることはできません。但し、法令において明示的に返金義務を定める場合を除 くものとします。

Sorry to say, but you've agreed to these terms by yourself.

Aewyn
Aug 8, 2012, 01:00 AM
Every ToS says they can change the ToS at any time. They are not legally-obligated to provide you with a service aimed at providing entertainment, whether or not it costs money or you've spent any.

And yes, it would be hard to bring a class action suit against them. VERY hard. Any serious legal expert would laugh at you.

disabledflaw
Aug 8, 2012, 01:04 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/jqm3rm.jpg

LightBreaker
Aug 8, 2012, 01:05 AM
┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) Chillax, no need to go ADE in here.

http://brosiders.com/reposit/adeowned.gif

*Throws in a FOmarl ADE*
http://brosiders.com/reposit/ade.jpg

EvilMag
Aug 8, 2012, 01:08 AM
That is awesome.

Quatre52
Aug 8, 2012, 01:13 AM

*Throws in a FOmarl ADE*

Best post in weeks!

Sp-24
Aug 8, 2012, 01:14 AM
This has been DWO2 in every single way so far. Next up: IP block on download server and player's site (but not on update server and actual game, since Sega isn't racist) and wickeduser reports on gaijin.

Kanore
Aug 8, 2012, 01:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XpxMA.jpg

game journalism is a joke

RocSage
Aug 8, 2012, 01:19 AM
Tos 1-3 1-4 1-5
弊社は必要に応じて本規約を変更することができ、当該変更については、弊社が本サイトに掲載した時点から起 算して24時間後又はお客様の登録Eメールアドレス宛に通知した時に効力を生じ、且つ、その後に初めて本サ ービスをご利用いただいた時点で、お客様は、当該変更をご承諾いただいたものとします。
前項の変更内容にご承諾いただけない場合は、直ちに本サービスのご利用をお止めください。この場合でも、本 サービスの取得対価、利用料金等、名目のいかんを問わず、お客様が既に支出された費用等の返還はいたしませ ん。
お客様は、本規約の内容が本条第3項の規定のとおり変更される可能性のあることを認識し、定期的に本サイト の掲示内容をご確認いただくものとします。

ToS 2-6
お客様は、お客様が購入された個別有償サービス及びACについて、前項の定めを含むいかなる理由によっても 返金、換金、払戻し、返還を受けることはできません。但し、法令において明示的に返金義務を定める場合を除 くものとします。

Sorry to say, but you've agreed to these terms by yourself.

Every ToS says they can change the ToS at any time. They are not legally-obligated to provide you with a service aimed at providing entertainment, whether or not it costs money or you've spent any.

And yes, it would be hard to bring a class action suit against them. VERY hard. Any serious legal expert would laugh at you.

That actually wouldn't hold up in most courts more than likely. Contract law establishes that i paid for a given service and if that service not provided then it is illegal to keep the money. Further an IP ban wouldn't be directed squarely at the game itself. It would be at the company which is preventing the usage of their product. It would be like if you rented an apartment and then the landlord refused to let you in by way of not giving you a key or posting 2 bouncers at the apartments door that wouldn't let you in. It becomes a different case.

Further, by way of mass banning they could very well be held to the idea that they never intended to honor the agreement and since the agreement was made insincerely or whatever the term is and would make the contract and service void and they'd need to return the money.

In other words, if they did something like IP ban there could be a foreseeable legal problem and as such is unlikely to happen.

Aeris
Aug 8, 2012, 01:22 AM

*Throws in a FOmarl ADE*

All i can say is "ADE Smash!!", that pic had me loling for a while now.

FmT
Aug 8, 2012, 01:25 AM
In other words, if they did something like IP ban there could be a foreseeable legal problem and as such is unlikely to happen.

Except it's a free game, and you need to live in Japan to buy AC. Since you lied, contract is void...

Garnet_Moon
Aug 8, 2012, 01:26 AM
Except it's a free game, and you need to live in Japan to buy AC. Since you lied, contract is void...
...but we DO live in Japan. Like everyone else here.

We all used SoJ's headquarters as our address! We're just at our summer homes in the states.

Sp-24
Aug 8, 2012, 01:26 AM
That actually wouldn't hold up in most courts more than likely. Contract law establishes that i paid for a given service and if that service not provided then it is illegal to keep the money. Further an IP ban wouldn't be directed squarely at the game itself. It would be at the company which is preventing the usage of their product. It would be like if you rented an apartment and then the landlord refused to let you in by way of not giving you a key or posting 2 bouncers at the apartments door that wouldn't let you in. It becomes a different case.

Further, by way of mass banning they could very well be held to the idea that they never intended to honor the agreement and since the agreement was made insincerely or whatever the term is and would make the contract and service void and they'd need to return the money.

第23条(準拠法・裁判管轄)

本規約は、その成立、効力、解釈及び履行を含め、全て日本語で解釈され、また、日本国法令に規律されるもの とし、本規約に定めのない事項は、著作権法、民法、商法その他の適用法令の定めに従うものとし ます。
本規約の一部が、消費者保護法令の強行規定部分及び他の強行規定により効力を有しないとされる場合でも、そ の他の部分はこれに反しない最大限の範 囲で効力を有するものとします。なお、βテストの実施期間、実施終了後におけるセーブデータの取扱い、その 他当該βテストにおいてのみ適用される条件につ いては、本サイト内のβテストに関するページに定めるところによるものとします。
本規約及び本サービス等に関連するお客様と弊社との紛争については、日本国東京地方裁判所又は東京簡易裁判 所を第一審の専属的合意管轄裁判所とします。

How come there are so many law experts on the internet?

DemonMike
Aug 8, 2012, 01:27 AM

This. You should not consider legal action, keep it civil and you might have a chance of getting some of your money back if the worse does happen.

EvilMag
...but we DO live in Japan. Like everyone else here.

We all used SoJ's headquarters as our address! We're just at our summer homes in the states.

I live in a closet in SoJ's HQs.

Cjones

He has a teleportation device dude.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 8, 2012, 01:28 AM
[/LIST]
How come there are so many law experts on the internet?

Internet makes everyone an expert.

I'd love to see Roc go ahead with a class action though :p

disabledflaw
Aug 8, 2012, 01:29 AM
He has a teleportation device dude.

you mean a telepipe

Garnet_Moon
Aug 8, 2012, 01:30 AM
Internet makes everyone an expert.

I'd love to see Roc go ahead with a class action though :p

He should get J.G. Wentworth so he can get his money because he needs it now.

disabledflaw
Aug 8, 2012, 01:30 AM
He should get J.G. Wentworth so he can get his money because he needs it now.

I lol'd so hard

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5167/5240929914_b3741df348.jpg

FmT
Aug 8, 2012, 01:32 AM
Maybe this change in ToS is just giving SEGA a good argument to ban foreigners who don't play by the rules, without needing to give them a reason :-?

Sp-24
Aug 8, 2012, 01:35 AM
Maybe this change in ToS is just giving SEGA a good argument to ban foreigners who don't play by the rules, without needing to give them a reason :-?

Well, it is against the rules to be a foreigner now.

Aewyn
Aug 8, 2012, 01:35 AM
That actually wouldn't hold up in most courts more than likely.This will never make it to court.

Contract law establishes...All irrelevant because you did not enter into a contract with a legal obligation to be provided with a service.

Further, by way of mass banning they could very well be held to the idea that they never intended to honor the agreement and since the agreement was made insincerely or whatever the term is and would make the contract and service void and they'd need to return the money.The only time a legal precedent has been set regarding legal issues surrounding Terms of Service is actually in the reverse-- 'GeoHotz' was successfully sued by Sony Corporation for breaching its Terms of Service in such a way that Sony believed was illegal. Notice that it was a civil suit.

In other words, if they did something like IP ban there could be a foreseeable legal problem and as such is unlikely to happen.Again, there is no legal problem for them, they are allowed to change their ToS at will.

Abide by the new terms, or face summary judgment.

http://www.equilibriumfans.com/OfNight-13DuPont.JPG

FmT
Aug 8, 2012, 01:37 AM
Good news, you can login now and see you are not ip block :D Maintenance finished earlier ^^

disabledflaw
servers are up and im online no ban. Problem solved pool closed

Pilla
I am on, Chippy out.

Kous
Or I think its Sega way of saying We gave you a NA/Eu Server now use it and get off ours. We dont like your constant playing around in the lobbies and laging up are servers.

I think this isnt really gonna take affect till the Na/Eu release then Sega can say Im not throwing you off PSO2, just get off my land

GrieverXVII
Aug 8, 2012, 01:39 AM

they personally said that we are funner to play in MPA's with because most of the japanese she had played with don't stick together and like to lonewolf things. we are a lot more communicative about in-game things too. it was nice to hear.

Sp-24
Aug 8, 2012, 01:40 AM
Mind you, people used to hang on the "it doesn't say so in ToS" excuse before. Now it's "I'm not IP blocked and/or banned yet". Oh, the naivete.

Tunayoshi Tokugawa
Aug 8, 2012, 01:42 AM
An application of the Contract Law. For an international suit.
\Great, now I'm not even sure if he knows the word "extraterritoritarity".

Enforcer MKV
Aug 8, 2012, 01:46 AM
they personally said that we are funner to play in MPA's with because most of the japanese she had played with don't stick together and like to lonewolf things. we are a lot more communicative about in-game things too. it was nice to hear.

I'm happy yet saddened at the same time....

heh...

Ashvanale
Aug 8, 2012, 01:46 AM
I understand it as this.

"Since we still haven't released this game to the west, Then yes you can play on our server and give us more money to finish Shenmue 3, But when we do release it don't be a sob and cry about it if we ban you, <3 sega P.S Don't be asshats on lobby that is all."

Hucast-Kireek
Aug 8, 2012, 01:47 AM
Just wish my update would load faster.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 8, 2012, 01:48 AM
will a Mod please lock this thread?

Zepia
Aug 8, 2012, 01:49 AM
As long as that money I gave them go towards a HD remake of the entire Valkyria Chronicle series I'm happy, it should have stayed on the PS3 and not moved onto the PSP.

Arika
Aug 8, 2012, 01:59 AM
server is up, and everybody could get in fine, so this thread can close now.

RocSage
Aug 8, 2012, 02:01 AM
All irrelevant because you did not enter into a contract with a legal obligation to be provided with a service.

Actually, we did.

I know this is hard to believe by some people but contract law is very crazy where a contract doesn't need to be stated for it to exist. Contracts are formed all the time by the actions and intentions of those who participate in sets of given actions.

I'm not say I would or should it be tried, but rather, it is unlikely that an IP ban would occur at present and if it were to occur it would be in 3 months or so, because there could be legal ramifications that the likely wouldn't want to deal with where the possibility is that they come out on the negative side.

And your example doesn't quite hold up because ToS and EULA are different and the case you are referring to, if memory serves is EULA and dealt with whether or not an e-signature or confirmation on these things are valid contracts. However, even if they are valid contracts, which the precedent is that they are, it doesn't mean everything in them is valid within contract law.

Sp-24
Aug 8, 2012, 02:04 AM
Actually, we did.

I know this is hard to believe by some people but contract law is very crazy where a contract doesn't need to be stated for it to exist. Contracts are formed all the time by the actions and intentions of those who participate in sets of given actions.

I'm not say I would or should it be tried, but rather, it is unlikely that an IP ban would occur at present and if it were to occur it would be in 3 months or so, because there could be legal ramifications that the likely wouldn't want to deal with where the possibility is that they come out on the negative side.

And your example doesn't quite hold up because ToS and EULA are different and the case you are referring to, if memory serves is EULA and dealt with whether or not an e-signature or confirmation on these things are valid contracts. However, even if they are valid contracts, which the precedent is that they are, it doesn't mean everything in them is valid within contract law.

Of course there would be legal ramification. You and everybody else are free to go to Japan and file a lawsuit against Sega of Japan for doing what they are legally allowed to do and for taking money from you after you yourself have lied to them and broke the rules in order to make them take it. I'm sure we have a case here, SoJ is screwed. No IP block!

lol

EDIT: That's not even to mention that it is a Japanese version of an obscure game series that nobody cares about we are discussing here. IP block would mean an international crisis for sure.

RocSage
Aug 8, 2012, 02:08 AM
Of course there would be legal ramification. You and everybody else are free to go to Japan and file a lawsuit against Sega of Japan for doing what they are legally allowed to do and for taking money from you after you yourself have lied to them and broke the rules in order to make them take it. I'm sure we have a case here, SoJ is screwed. No IP block!

lol

It'd be funny to see how a court would react to all the SEGA HQ addressed AC purchasers, because they can be seen as fraud on either end.

Aewyn
Aug 8, 2012, 02:11 AM
Actually, we did.Lol. Okay, bud. Hey, good luck with your class action lawsuit in a foreign country by the way.

NeoRydia
Aug 8, 2012, 02:33 AM
I think Sega just wants a valid reason to ban all the annoying people in block 20 :-P.

But on a serious note. I would say most of us should be fine for the most part. *Maybe* avoid speaking English in public.

If Sega seriously wants us off the servers I'm willing to bet they will do a clean sweep in the next day or two and go through banning every offender they find. In which case a bajillion *I been banned yadda yadda* topics will show up here.

If none of that happens I would say we are pretty safe for the most part.

If it does happen then I guess anyone who wants to seriously play on the Japanese servers still, will need to use a VPN or something.

Kinda makes me wish I didn't put my name in English but oh wells too late now.

Kion
Aug 8, 2012, 02:38 AM
Why does everyone whine about locking this thread? Up until now this has been a moot concern but...

[spoiler-box]
平素より『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき、誠にありがとうございます。
2012年8月8日(水)11:00より、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』利用規約を下記のとおり改定 させていただきます。
第2条8項を新たに定めます。
第2条(ゲームサーバーの利用)
8. 本ゲームサーバーへの接続は、日本国内に存在する端末にインストールされたソフトウェアからの接続に限るも のとします。
日本国外から直接接続をすること、及び日本国外から日本国内に所在する端末等を経由して接続することを禁止 します。
『ファンタシースターオンライン2』は、今後も皆様によりよいサービスをご提供できますよう努めてまいりま すので、
引き続き変わらぬご愛顧を賜りますようお願い申し上げます。
『ファンタシースターオンライン2』運営チーム
[/spoiler-box]

this reads to me like, "japanese players are complaining about foreigners on the server. the NA server will be up next year for us to neglect you and fuck you over. So play on that and be happy for the opportunity". There are no bans in place, but this is going to be a problem if it comes to fruition.

Kanore
Aug 8, 2012, 02:40 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/lkBpa.jpg[/spoiler-box]

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 8, 2012, 02:50 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/lkBpa.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Reposts on 2ch for anonymous to report.

It'd be funny to see how a court would react to all the SEGA HQ addressed AC purchasers, because they can be seen as fraud on either end.

Nope, the only party at fault are the ones using fake addresses for their transactions, or buying a currency intended solely for the sale and use in Japan.