PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Servers are back up

BIG OLAF
Aug 8, 2012, 01:31 AM
Sneak back on quickly and quietly, fellow baka gaijins.

EvilMag
Aug 8, 2012, 01:31 AM
Still updating. Anyone able to get on?

Keiko_Seisha
Aug 8, 2012, 01:33 AM
Are we banned?

We're so totally banned aren't we.

Oh wait we're not banned.

Guess I won't be freeing up my schedule as much as I thought.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 8, 2012, 01:33 AM
i'm deep inside

Cjones
Aug 8, 2012, 01:34 AM
i'm deep inside

69 posts and you're deep inside.

disabledflaw
inb4ban!

Ashvanale
You know i don't want to be THAT guy but why do i feel like they're just luring me down the forest. xD

(Jokes aside good luck to all of us)

Heat Haze
If only AT&T internet wasn't so terrible with downloading the patch.

Maybe I'm just impatient.

...Nah, it's AT&T.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 8, 2012, 01:35 AM
This is Koffie's new quest:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/gExm7.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Whatever the fuck 45 is, and whatever those squiggly lines mean. lol

BahnKnakyu
HOLY CRAP I'M

not banned.

Ashvanale
I'm using Super philippines internet and it sucks balls >.> i'm still stuck at around 70% of the patch, so i'll be observing for now.

Valkyrie Lovrina
neat. sighning on now.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 8, 2012, 01:37 AM

clear it on hard srank and under 45minutes idk what you are refering to olo

Fox2Tails
Aug 8, 2012, 01:38 AM
Wahh squiggles :(

Xaeris
Aug 8, 2012, 01:39 AM
Oh, so we were all overreacting over nothing? Who'd have guessed?!

DeathByPogs
Aug 8, 2012, 01:45 AM
45 minutes? Really?

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 8, 2012, 01:47 AM
Oh man I'm banned

[SPOILER-BOX]Ok not really[/SPOILER-BOX]

Vashyron
Aug 8, 2012, 01:50 AM
They went back and made all the times needed into basically not a requirement, because if it takes you longer than that.... :wacko:

In other news EN patch updated.

Ashvanale
Aug 8, 2012, 01:51 AM
^

Yep i guess i'll still be throwing money at sega for shenmue 3. (Yes i know i'll shut up about that game)

TaigaUC
Aug 8, 2012, 01:54 AM
Yeah, all the time requirements for those orders have been increased quite significantly.

KEV1N
Aug 8, 2012, 01:59 AM

45 minutes to enter block 20 and be as gaijin as possible.

Seraphus
Aug 8, 2012, 01:59 AM
45 minutes? Really?

Seriously, it doesn't really promote partying...any force/ranger can do it solo in less than 20min. (well not any, most)

Fox2Tails
Aug 8, 2012, 02:01 AM

That was quick o.o

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 02:10 AM
Seriously, it doesn't really promote partying...any force/ranger can do it solo in less than 20min. (well not any, most)

I'm pretty sure it was in response to people not liking how strict they were before. And honestly I think it's fine. If people want to play in parties there's plenty of incentive to do so, but I find strict timed missions more stressful than fun.

Renvalt
Aug 8, 2012, 02:14 AM
I really think this whole ban scare was blown COMPLETELY out of proportion. All I really see it as is that if you somehow get banned, you have no chance to appeal the decision if you're not a mainland JP player.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe they would ban on-sight for something like this. I mean, if they wanted us gone, they could've just IP Banned us, and even if we VPN'd inside, the obvious lack of any real GM presence shows they don't entirely care.

All the same though, don't ditch the US/EU servers when they come. If anything, do what the Elsword KR peeps do - check back and forth between to just try out the new content before it hits the West (minus the culturalized content).

Final note before I leave: Can someone PLEASE rip the Quartz Dragon theme from the game? I know CrysteonSnowflake on Youtube has every boss theme on his channel, but I know for a fact the newer BGM most likely plays on Quartz Dragon, and it's one badass piece of music.

Amaranthus
Aug 8, 2012, 02:16 AM
It's up and I haven't patched yet! Oh noes. D;

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 02:18 AM
It's up and I haven't patched yet! Oh noes. D;

The game hasn't finished patching for me either, cause my net is lame. D:

Wayu
Aug 8, 2012, 02:20 AM
My patch has stopped dead at 6034 files. Anyone know why?

-Wayu

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 02:21 AM
My patch has stopped dead at 6034 files. Anyone know why?

-Wayu

Mine does that sometimes too, if you restart it then it continues from where it left off after it checks the files.

Wayu
Aug 8, 2012, 02:23 AM
I've been doing for a whole hour now.

...it's simply not moving from 6034.

The progress bar simply does NOT move anymore.

-Wayu

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 02:24 AM
I've been doing for a whole hour now.

...it's simply not moving from 6034.

The progress bar simply does NOT move anymore.

-Wayu

It could just be going slow, it IS a lot of stuff, but then again my net is slow. I never notice it moving in the first place, sorry. :-?

Adept
Aug 8, 2012, 02:29 AM
look what I've found
http://i.imgur.com/D7ZVG.png

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 02:32 AM
look what I've found
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/D7ZVG.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

*takes off sunglasses* Shit just got real.

EDIT: What are the stats if you can see them?

Wayu
Aug 8, 2012, 02:39 AM
Okay it still isn't working...

Still 6034 fines. Help anyone?

-Wayu

Sp-24
Aug 8, 2012, 02:42 AM
Okay it still isn't working...

Still 6034 fines. Help anyone?

-Wayu

Not sure what to say here. It is going for me just fine. You are monitoring the game's "Win32" directory, and not the "download" one in My Documents, right?

gigawuts
Aug 8, 2012, 02:45 AM
I see I chose a good night to just go to bed because to hell with the patch clusterfucks.

Seraphus
Aug 8, 2012, 02:45 AM
look what I've found
http://i.imgur.com/D7ZVG.png

Might I ask where you found it?

Adept
Aug 8, 2012, 02:47 AM
Found it from a box in the 3rd Floating island mission

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2012, 02:47 AM
it's good the patch will take awhile because some people are gonna wanna wait for the english patch in case they have to revise it. i haven't checked but i saw one post earlier that said it didn't work.
It's already been updated.

Wayu
Aug 8, 2012, 02:49 AM
Not sure what to say here. It is going for me just fine. You are monitoring the game's "Win32" directory, and not the "download" one in My Documents, right?

Yep.

Still 6034 files, and I've had the file check up ever since I posted the first time on this thread.

-Wayu

Sp-24
Aug 8, 2012, 03:02 AM
Yep.

Still 6034 files, and I've had the file check up ever since I posted the first time on this thread.

-Wayu

That's weird. It's probably not IP block, since that would most likely be accompanied by an error message of some sort. But the update is going at full speed for me, so it can't be an issue with the update server, either. Not sure if it would be a good idea, but have you tried cancelling and resuming, too?

Renvalt
Aug 8, 2012, 03:03 AM
Even though the IP Banning was a false alarm (at the moment)....

Why do I still feel this sense of unease, fear, and outright paranoid fury?

There's nothing to worry about, so why am I still panicking and getting worked up over it?

gigawuts
Aug 8, 2012, 03:04 AM
Yeah, I've had mine stall for no reason without erroring. Closing and restarting helped for me. Also, do you use Windows 7? Hit ctrl+shift+esc, go to performance, then hit Resource Monitor on the bottom. Go to the Network tab. Is pso2launcher.exe receiving anything?

Jasylee
Aug 8, 2012, 03:06 AM
Yep.

-Wayu

I'm not really sure what is the problem. (if its the servers or the internet connection)
I had mine stuck at 6045 files for about 2 hours earlier and it just resumed now :-?

I hope they release some kind of manual patch for the future patches so we don't have to deal with the auto patcher again :-D

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 8, 2012, 03:07 AM

There's nothing to worry about, so why am I still panicking and getting worked up over it?

Because we know Sega's onto us now.

Kanore
Aug 8, 2012, 03:08 AM

Because you wouldn't be the average, predictable PSOW user if you weren't.

Because we know Sega's onto us now.

August 8th, 2012, somewhere in Japan (located in the Andromeda Galaxy):

Sega of Japan employee: Sensei, it appears Americans have been playing on our game for a month now!
Sega of Japan executive: Scare them! Tell them we're on to them and we can ban them at any time! That should get 'em.

gigawuts
Aug 8, 2012, 03:08 AM
We knew they were onto us before.

Now what you should all be concerned about is account banning AND IP banning, because honestly proxies will be set up in no time at all after an IP ban.

Akiyama
Aug 8, 2012, 03:09 AM
So like some, my patch stopped too, then error'd out. :<

Ashvanale
Aug 8, 2012, 03:10 AM
I was so close to finishing my patch then all of a sudden Wam Bam Winerror 1002, Does anyone know if my download will resume or will it start all over from the beginning?

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 8, 2012, 03:10 AM
We knew they were onto us before.

Now what you should all be concerned about is account banning AND IP banning, because honestly proxies will be set up in no time at all after an IP ban.

They could, and they could be really hard IP bans like Dragon Nest and Wizardry Online that even block most VPNs.

Akiyama
Aug 8, 2012, 03:11 AM
I was so close to finishing my patch then all of a sudden Wam Bam Winerror 1002, Does anyone know if my download will resume or will it start all over from the beginning?

Same thing here.

Ashvanale
Aug 8, 2012, 03:14 AM
Same thing here.

Did you have to start your download all over again? Because damn my internet sucks here in the Philippines probably means i have to redownload again..

Wayu
Aug 8, 2012, 03:16 AM
Restarting the computer did absolutely nothing, still stuch at 4.84 gigs and 6034 files.

-Wayu

gigawuts
Aug 8, 2012, 03:17 AM

For the patches I've looked into, it doesn't download one big file but instead lots of tiny file pieces - like a really really broken up torrent. It doesn't delete them when it errors out, so you should be good!

Restarting the computer did absolutely nothing, still stuch at 4.84 gigs and 6034 files.

-Wayu

Maybe someone here could hook you up with the last files? I'm not any kind of game patching expert, so I really won't be of any help, but with the way it works it should be easy for the people who do know what to do.

Akiyama
Aug 8, 2012, 03:17 AM
Did you have to start your download all over again? Because damn my internet sucks here in the Philippines probably means i have to redownload again..

Nah, I just cancelled and restarted the client, took a bit to update to where I was on the download, then finished up.

Ashvanale
Aug 8, 2012, 03:20 AM
Thank god hopefully the patch will continue now, I just want to farm my Hard mode Maps. >.>

Wayu
Aug 8, 2012, 03:21 AM
Maybe someone here could hook you up with the last files?

Can someone do that for me? Only file sharing service that works is SendSpace, the last 500+ files would be greatly appreciated.

-Wayu

Adept
Aug 8, 2012, 04:41 AM
I'm uploading the whole of the update on sendspace in 300mb files.

Macman
Aug 8, 2012, 04:49 AM
My friend found Gigrants 10 in the new area.
Five hits of 200-300 damage per cast is nothing to scoff at. :-o

Darki
Aug 8, 2012, 04:58 AM
Wut

I go to bed and then II find that we're IP banned...

then we aren't?

Man, why do I even sleep? o_O

Laxedrane
Aug 8, 2012, 05:12 AM
Wut

I go to bed and then II find that we're IP banned...

then we aren't?

Man, why do I even sleep? o_O

So you didn't have to get drunk to get through that drama storm.:bday:

*hic*

Darki
Aug 8, 2012, 05:31 AM
Anyways, for some reason my launcher errors me out at the middle of the update. : ( Am I banned then? :'(

Lol now seriously, I've been reading posts of some people with the same issue, should I just try again later, try again till I get angry and hate those baka nihonjins even more, or is there an alternative download?

Adept
Aug 8, 2012, 05:44 AM
Here's an upload of the latest update (1.22 gb)

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/cTh3Vq8U2832D6f5cheCxQUid%2BtTUTJ%2B9X2x45jaMrs

SolRiver
Aug 8, 2012, 05:51 AM
Don't be surprise for having issue with patching. There should be PLENTY of people trying to download the patch at the SAME TIME. It is very normal to have problem at this time.

Xenobia
Aug 8, 2012, 05:52 AM
Can someone do that for me? Only file sharing service that works is SendSpace, the last 500+ files would be greatly appreciated.

-Wayu
How comes its the only that works for you? I guess chinese have pretty big IP firewall (against anything they dont want them to access) but didnt expect it to reach such kind of services.

I have access to virtually any services related to the net, so its always hard to understand for me when others got certain limitations.

But i guess, in JP they are behind some huge firewalls too, but its not politically motivated, rather "economically".

zemog
Aug 8, 2012, 06:58 AM
I heard rumor of the ip ban on another board, came directly hear to read all about it... what did I find?

One thread on page 1, with people saying "ib4lock" and "old news!" and the like... and I was just about to post in that thread that I'm grateful that it had stuck around and people had discussed it but now the thread is locked....

Finding out important information like this on this board is confusing as hell to me...

gundam0079
Aug 8, 2012, 07:38 AM
we are very very sneaky

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/a7caed90-4eee-4a44-98d9-113acf62cb66.jpg

Mariodante
Aug 8, 2012, 07:43 AM
Well fuck. Ya know, it really sucks just waiting around, wondering every day, 'So when's my character going to get banned for not being Japanese?'\

So the Japanese finally announced that they want everyone except the Japanese out. I wonder how they'll enforce that. I wonder how we'll get around it.

(Thank god I'm not on Ship 02; I bet they're going first since there's so many Americans there)

raiden55
Aug 8, 2012, 08:23 AM
They went back and made all the times needed into basically not a requirement, because if it takes you longer than that.... :wacko:

works also on miniboss ?
hadn't the time to clear the transformer quest yerserday, and as everytime i had 30sec too much. i'm serious, at each of these with boss i always finished with 30sec too much >_<

(still patching)

youcantcatchtheblue
Aug 8, 2012, 09:57 AM
I guess the TOS update just means that all the Foreigner hate can be justified now and they have every right to be mad about invaders playing their game XD

raiden55
Aug 8, 2012, 10:04 AM
they didn't change the time requirement for quests unlocking free zones >_<

DonMakaveli
Aug 8, 2012, 11:33 AM
freakin patches it's been patching for like 2 hours, 2 errors at the middle of it and had to restart it twice already JEBUS! -.-

DoubleCannon
Aug 8, 2012, 12:33 PM
this is strange my game patched like 3 hours ago and only took me 20 minutes? Btw there is a new 9* partisan from the new catadragon, it is slightly more powerful than the spardion :)

kkow
Aug 8, 2012, 12:44 PM
I guess the TOS update just means that all the Foreigner hate can be justified now and they have every right to be mad about invaders playing their game XD

talked with some jpn friends, and they seem to think it is more directed towards overseas RMT. although i dont doubt the apparent hacking problems are helping any.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 8, 2012, 12:58 PM
69 posts and you're deep inside.

Lol Wth how did I miss this???? O.0